The Happily ever after

Backstage Romance

 

Some souls just understand each other upon meeting

 

7th July 2018


 

“So Luhan, I’m sure all of your fans are curious. At what age do you wish to get married?”

 

“My original plan was quite early, 27 or 28 , it was actually my parents request . I belong to the quite traditional type . I may not continue in this industry after two years. My parents are more anxious about grandchild.”

 

This was Luhan’s answer 3 years ago when he was 23 years. However, now that he is 28, it was not because of his parents request anymore. It was because he wanted to. He wants to brush his teeth next to Bixue and bring her towels when she gets out of the shower. He wants to make her breakfast and dinner, and wash the dishes with her. He wants to cuddle up on the couch and talk to her about everything.

 

He wants to have a home with her.

 

Not a house but a home.

 

He had never had a home, he had just been in houses.

 

But Bixue is definitely what home feels like.

 

And Luhan could not wait to spend the rest of his life with her. To prepare for his marriage, Luhan worked hard as an artist. He still sings, acts and appears on shows. Despite his signature baby face, he is no longer the young and childish Luhan. He is more matured in his actions and so are his fans.

 

“Luhan, you are turning 28 years old so we are curious if you have any plans about getting married anytime soon?”

 

“Wells..” Luhan thought for a while, his fans still did not know about Bixue. He wants to pave his answer in a way that would encourage his fans to love her like he does. The last thing he wanted was them to harrass him like how the Saesangs do. “I do. I had that thought for quite some time already. I hope my fans will support my future wife and love her as much as I do.”

 

Before the interview was released, Luhan felt that it was the best time for him to ask her to spend the rest of her life with him. He did not want to wait anymore. He will be turning 30 in two years and so is Bixue. Everyone else around them is married; Xu Feng and Guo jing, Laogao and his wife. It was time to put a stop to her long wait for him.

“Bixue is really good at cooking now.” Mrs Lu praised the girl sitting opposite her, causing both Luhan and Bixue to smile sweetly at one another.

 

“Yea. Especially the braised trotters.” Mr Lu added, earning a nod from Mr Zhang. He could not believe the girl opposite her had forgiven him after all these years. He had been too focused in healing his own wound from losing his wife that he had forgotten about his daughter. Looking back at how he had nearly lost her by sending her to the orphanage, he could not quite forgive himself yet. 

 

But he was really glad that she found the love of her life.

 

Clearing his throat, Mr Lu instructed. “Luhan, bring Bixue up to play.”

 

Bixue looked at Mr Lu weirdly, unable to process what he was trying to say. When she turned around to Luhan for explaination, she saw the boy before her stood up and pulled out something from his pocket. Before she knew it, he was on one of his knees, asking for her hand in front of both their parents.

 

“Luhan..” Luhan swore, whenever Bixue says his name, its different. She loves him and he knows that his name is safe in forever.

 

“Yes, I will marry you.”

 

6 months later, the couple held their wedding at a very quiet place away from the city. It was a simple garden wedding filled with blessings from their parents, Luhan’s staffs and their best friends – Xu Feng, Guo Jing, Lao Gao, Sehun, Lay, Xiumin and Kai.

 

“Bixue..” Mr Zhang held his daughter’s hands on his arms, his nose turning sour. “I’m sorry.. for not being a good father all these years.”

 

Shaking her head, Bixue held his father’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Pa, the past don’t matter anymore. What matters is the future.”

 

With her gloved hands around her father’s arms, Bixue advanced slowly towards her future who was waiting for her at the end of the red carpet.

 

"Bixue, you have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together." Luhan told Bixue who looked extraordinary beautiful in the simple white gown that they had picked out together. He had to blink away his tears to catch a good look of her even when she was just standing before him.

 

"I promise to encourage your compassion, because that is what makes you unique and wonderful. I promise to nurture your dreams, because through them your soul shines. I promise to help shoulder our challenges, for there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together. I promise to be your partner in all things,

not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole.

Lastly, I promise to you love and trust, for one lifetime with you could never be enough. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things." Bixue promised Luhan with tears b up her eyes. Looking back at how far they came, she could not believe that they had reached where they are today and she just wanted this to continue, forever, and ever.

 

When the couples finally exchanged their rings, Luhan touched Bixue’s ring finger and whispered to her, “Finally.”

 

He had finally put it on her finger like how he promised her.

 

Nodding her head, Bixue closed her eyes and tears escaped from the corners of her eyes. Upon seeing her tears, Luhan’s vision blurred. He raised his hand and wiped it away from her beautiful face.

 

“Silly girl, don’t cry.” Luhan comforted her. In his lifetime, he had only seen Bixue cried thrice. The first was when they fought with one another because she refused to talk, and it ended with her crying and calling his name. The second was when he was sick and she was scared of losing her. And the third, which Luhan swore it would be the last, was today.

 

But Luhan failed.

 

Less than a year into their marriage, Luhan made Bixue cried when he carried their daughter to her on the first snow of that winter and the family of 3 broke into tears together.

 

“Ma ma, ma ma! We are back!” 4 year old Lu Xue Ying called out excitedly the moment her father let her down after he closed the front door shut. They had just returned from a filming for a variety programme that allow Luhan to bring his daughter out of town. Initially, he accepted the offer to create more memories with his daughter. Little did he expect that his 4 year old daughter would earn so much love from the viewers. With her mother’s jet black hair, big eyes and artistic talent, and her father’s dazzling smile, outgoing character and , Xue Ying is outstanding for a 4 year old.

 

“Ma ma!” Xue Ying found her mother in the art room drawing and she immediately crawled onto her lap, hugging the lady tightly.

 

“Oh, my babygirl is back. Did you had fun?” Bixue carried Xue Ying in one hand and tidied her fringe with the other.

 

“I did! We milk the cows yesterday but we lost. Pa pa doesn’t know how.” Xue Ying pouted sadly, causing Bixue to laugh. “But Pa pa won the dance competition. We had beef for dinner!”

 

“Really? Then I think we need to let Pa pa practice how to milk the cow more often. What do you think?” Bixue asked her daughter back as she stood up to walk out of the art room.

 

Right when she was about to step out, a man in his mid 30s walk in; still as dazzling as he was in his 20s. Upon seeing the mother and daughter, he reached out and carried his daughter over.

 

“Xiao Ying,  remember Pa pa told you that you can’t ask Ma ma to carry you right?” Luhan scolded his daughter gently. “What if you hurt Di di?”

 

“How do you know that he is a boy?” Bixue asked.

 

Smiling at Bixue, Luhan wriggled his brows playfully. “I just do.”

 

“But I want a girl.” Bixue whined. She knew that her husband wanted a son so he could teach his soccer skills to but she just love to about this issue. To her, it didn’t matter if the baby in her stomach is a girl or a boy as long as its his.

 

“I also want a mei mei!” Xiao Ying interrupted the couple by raising her hand adorably.

 

“Heol. No, not happening. It’s a Di di.” Luhan shook his head to show his disagreement.


“Mei mei!”

 

“No, Di di!”

 

“Mei mei!!”

 

“Di, di!”

 

Bixue stood before the father and daughter, watching them bicker as she shook her head lovingly.

 

“Not gonna argue with you anymore.” Xue Ying struggled out of his father’s embrace before strutting back to her room. “I’m going to play with my toys!”

 

“Your daughter is wiser than you.” Bixue teased Luhan but he shrugged his shoulders and opened up his arms, claiming her into his arms.

 

“I’m not letting this issue go. It’s definitely a boy.” Releasing Bixue, his hand went underneath her oversize shirt to touch the small bump on her tummy.

 

As his hand rested on the small bump, he reached in to steal a kiss from his wife that he did not have for 2 days. However, a kiss slowly accelerated into a slow and steamy one that made Bixue drunk.

 

Till his hand began to go higher then she pulled away, and slap him on his chest lightly.

 

“It’s not 3 months yet. You can’t.” Bixue scolded him.

 

Groaning loudly, Luhan leaned his chin on her shoulder. His hand remained on her small bump. For the sake of his son, he will control himself but he knows that Bixue will definitely be pregnant again if he were to continue controlling.

 

Their couple enjoyed each other’s company as their eyes were both fixed on the same spot. A sketch of their house that Bixue had drew many years ago.

 

The house that she had won the competition with.

 

And they are finally staying in it together now.


Hellloooooo! Do you guys still remember this story? Or maybe me?? I hope you guys still do!

I'm sorry that the 2 weeks hiatus took much longer than I expected. I was sick after I'm back from the States and I was busy with work and Chinese New Year's visiting.

Nonetheless, I finally finished this story!! I planned this surprise chapter since I dunno when because I just wanted Luhan to have a daughter. And the daughter has to be called Xue Ying because it means the reflection of the snow in Chinese. Plus, it has the name Xue in it! The love of his life!

Oh, and the house in this chapter is what Bixue had painted. Just imagine it okay? I saw it on the net quite some time back and I was like omg, Luhan and Bixue's house!

Okay, now this story officially ended. Goodbye Luxue couple. I will miss you guys.