Behind The Scenes

Backstage Romance

 

We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.

 

23rd December 2016

Author’s Note

 

Hey guys! It had been a long way and I am thankful that there are still people reading this. And definitely even more thankful that this fic got featured before it was even completed! I owe you guys a lot for all of the support all these years. Really.

 

Backstage Romance is a fiction that I personally love. I simply love how the tone is set and the pace of the story. Everytime I write this fic, it gives me comfort as I seek escape from reality for that short moment in life.

 

This fiction accompanied me through the different phases of life. From a student struggling to handle school and work, to a student trying to finish her dissertation, to spending her time in Korea for 2.5 months, to be in an unemployment slump and finally to be employed. This fiction really means a lot to me.

 

I wanted to explain to why I wrote this fanfiction but someone asked me in the interview so do check out the post below for the answer!

 

As usual, please do note that some of the writings in here do not belong to me. I incorporated quotes, lyrics and writing from other writers. I will not be providing the PDF version for this fiction YET. *winks

 

I hope you guys would leave me the last comments for this fiction. Maybe you guys can include what you like/dislike about this fic, what is your favourite part and what do you think about the characters? Would love to hear about all of your thoughts since this story has reached the end.

 

Till the next fanfiction. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

 

With Love,

 

Z.S

 


 

Interview

 

Luhan

 

When are you going to tell Bixue about your alleged cheating activities?

 

I will never tell her. We are very happy now so please just let us be.

 

At what age do you consider marrying Bixue?

 

Hmm, I haven't consider about the age but I will wait till my fans get wiser and mature first. I want them to love her as much as they love me.

 

When did you start realised that you fell in love with Bixue?

 

When I turned around and realise that she is no longer behind me.  I got scared.

 

If you didn’t realised about your feelings to Bixue, what do you think will happen to you?

 

I think.. I would be dating girls and wonder why none fits.

 

Other than losing Xue, do you have anything else that you fear?

 

Heights

 

What would you do if Bixue agreed to marry to Xu Feng at the first place?

 

I will definitely be living in regret for the rest of my life.

 

Do you want to continue your singing career? And if you do, what song would you make first?

 

Yes, I will continue my singing career and I would love to make a song for Bixue.

 

When you were 18 years old, didn't you realise that Xue has feelings for u? Or u just choose to ignore it?

 

I.. really didn’t know she had. I thought we were just best friends.

 

If Bixue told you to not pursue your dreams and stay with her in China, would you do it?

 

Back then I don’t think I would. But now, I definitely would.

 

 

When was the time that you realize Xue like you?

 

Truthfully, I really didn’t know. I thought I was the only one madly in love till she confessed..

 

How many kids do you want to have with Bi Xue?

 

Can I have a football team? Hahaha.

 

Do you ever regret your decision about leaving Exo? Is there anything you want to tell them? Any personal message a member in Exo that is close to you?

 

Nope. No regrets at all. I just hope they would continue to strive for their dreams and if I need to send a personal message, I will tell Xiumin hyung that… I can see that he is doing great now and I’m proud of him.

 

How will you react if one day Bixue lost her feeling for you because she had fallen for one of the Exo members, let'd just say it is Sehun?

 

Hahaha, it will never happen, we don’t even have to imagine it. We are talking about Bixue who has loved me since we were 10.

 

Was it nice to get to meet the Exo members?

 

Of course. There are so many things that I could not explain to them over messages or call. Talking to them face to face was just so much better.

 

If you didn't go to pursue your entertainment career, do you think you will end up with Bixue, considering that time, you were in love with another girl?

 

I… don’t think so. I think I would be after Qian Ya.

 

How would you propose to Bixue?

I want to do it at the place where we first met each other. Sssh, please don’t tell her about it okay?

 

Bixue

 

What were your feelings like when you met Luhan at the fan meet in Korea after queueing for hours, and having to leave him after 5 sec ?

 

Rejuvenated. I felt like I could go on for another few months without having to see him.

 

Now that Luhan is recovering and he would get better one day, what are your future plan with him then?

 

Hmmm, I think we will remain the same? Our future plans would probably be working on what we both like and leading a healthy and happy life at the same time.

 

Even with Luhan flaws and mistakes, can you still accept him?

 

No doubt.

 

If Luhan didn't realize that he loves you and decided to not return to you, will you go and confess to him?

 

Probably not. I wouldn’t risk our friendship for that 1% chance for a relationship. I would stay by him, as a friend.

 

Are you sure about your future with Luhan?

 

Definitely. If not him then who?

 

How do you remain being so understanding and selfless/supportive about everything and anything even though you might be suffering alone and yearning for luhan when he's away?

 

I’ve got no idea. I just do it. I would just spend my days counting down to the next time I would see him again.

 

How can you keep your feelings for so long even when back then he liked someone else? I mean why did you choose him?

 

I guess I'm just good at keeping things to myself. You just know it... that you don't want anyone else. You can only choose him.

 

Let's imagine that Luhan's first time wasn't with you, would you forgive the fact that he didn't tell you the truth before made love with you?

 

Nope. If Luhan ever lies to me, he must have his reason. I will never blame him.

 

How could you be so confident and composed all the time when supposedly you have the every right to feel like every girlfriends would?

 

I guess I’m used to being alone since I was younger. I kind of realised that being jealous and being loud about things may not allow you to get what you want.

 

Are you willing to have children in the future?

 

Of course. Luhan will be a great father.

 

Do you ever feel insecure since Luhan is always surrounded by pretty girls?

 

Now I don’t because I know Luhan loves me. But maybe back then when he didn’t reciprocate my love, I would be.

Luhan & Bixue

 

I'm so happy for the two of you. I wish you two a happy life! By the way what would you name your child or children?

 

Luhan: I will let Xue decide.

 

Bixue: I can’t decide on my own.. help me pls?

 

Luhan: Hmmm.. I like the word Xue though.

 

Bixue: But that’s my name.

 

Luhan: That’s why I like it.

 

Bixue: So Lu Xue? It sounds like.. deer’s blood. Please no?

 

Luhan: Hahahaha. Alright, let’s think of something after we do it tonight.

 

Bixue: Luhan! We are in an interview!!

 

Luhan: Oops.

 

Exo Members

 

What do you guys feel about Luhan's departure?

Suho: We are sad about it but if that’s the best for him, I’m sure all of us supports it.

 

Xiumin: Yea, we are sad but we understand his condition.

 

Lay: Luhan hyung will forever be a part of us.

 

What did you think of Luhan and Bixue’s relationship?

 

Sehun: They are the no.1 couple that I ship!

 

Lay: A relationship that I envy. I hope that I find someone like Bixue too.

 

Chen: I had never seen them together but I hear a lot about them from Sehun. They are a really model couple. I’m jealous!

 

Chanyeol: So loving that I think they live in a drama everyday!

 

 

To Sehun: Will you attend their wedding?

 

Of course! If he doesn’t invite me, I will fly there on my own!

 

To Sehun & Lay: How did you feel when you met Luhan?

 

Sehun: Relief, happy, touched and… just too many that I can’t even name.

 

Lay: Yea I agree with Sehun. It was just overwhelming.

 

 

Laogao

 

Have you ever been wanting to have more of Luhan's or Bixue's attention on you instead of just being a driver?

 

Like what? Be involve in a triangular relationship with them? No man! Haven’t you heard of a Chinese saying? Never tease your brother’s wife!

 

Why are you willing to support Luhan all the way? What kind of person is Luhan, that you're willing to do those things?

 

He is my best friend and I just can’t leave him alone when he needs help. He is always so nice to everyone and I feel unfair that he has to face all of these. So I thought if I could help him lessen his trouble in any way, I would gladly do it.

 

 

Guo Jing & Xu Feng

 

How did you guys met? There's not much about you guys so I'm kinda curious.

 

Xu Feng: Oh the author did mention. Did you not pay attention? Hahah.

 

Guo Jing: I am his butler’s daughter. And we grew up teasing one another.

 

Xu Feng: Yea, we are each other’s best friend and each other’s first love.

 

To Xu Feng: How's your life with your girlfriend? Or soon to be wife? When are you guys getting married?

 

Oh we are very happy together. My father had finally accepted Guo Jing so we are living a really happy life together now. We are in the midst of preparing our wedding next year.

 

 

Author

 

Do you plan on doing a sequel of this?

 

Nope! I think this story is good for now. Anything more would spoil it. (:

 

Where do you find your inspirations to write this kind of story?

 

My proofreader and I had always thought that Luhan looked like someone who has a childhood lover back in China when he was still in Exo. That was our fantasy but I decided to turn it into a fan fiction when Luhan left Exo. I thought it would be good to mark down his milestones so I wrote this story as a way to remember Luhan as a member in Exo. That’s why most of the dates in the story matches with real activities that Exo and Luhan attended because I want it to be as realistic as possible.

 

What do you think about the darker side of the entertainment industry? If you can do something to it, what will you do?

 

Wow, this question is deep! I think that this “dark side” exist in every industry? To me, I can understand why people sleep around to get money or fame in the entertainment industry. Its something that most people seek but its not necessary wrong because sometimes they don’t really have a choice in certain circumstance?

 

If I could do something, I would definitely stop all of these and let people who wants to pursue the singing/dancing career to do it base on their passion.

 

I always tell you that I’m your biggest fan. Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me and gives me different view about life.

 

Awww! You are so sweet! Thank you for liking all of my stories!  And I’m glad that I can make you look at life differently with my stories! Its definitely something very rewarding to me to hear that you learnt something from my stories. (:

 

How did you manage to find all those dates and schedules of EXO & Luhan since their debut and so on? It must be hard for you.

 

A special to shoutout to many users who helped me on this! Pardon me for not writing your users down because I’m scared I will miss out someone. But you guys know who you are! You all played a big role in this fic as well!!

 

Did you fall in love with Luhan since he is not your bias? Is that why you wrote a fanfiction of him?

 

Oh yes, that’s a spot on. I fell in love with him when I was writing Flawless Imperfection. And that was why my proofreader and I began to talk about him more often, and hence the creation of this story. But the irony is… Sehun is my 2nd bias but I have yet to dedicate a story to him. /:

 

Is the issue when idols sleep with the investors is real?It kind of scares me because I never thought the entertainment industry is darker than how it looks like.

 

I am not sure if the issue is real? But if you look at the alleged ion cases recently with the idols, it all began with them giving an excuse that they thought it was a meeting with an investors. It’s up to your discretion to believe if its real.

 

Will you make a meeting between EXO and Luhan's Bixue?

 

Hmmm… I wonder? Hahah.

 

Will you tell your new colleagues that you are also a writer during your free time? And you have so many fans around the globe?

 

Nope, I will never. It’s a secret that I don’t dare to tell anyone. I know its not something that I should be ashamed of but I got judged a lot when I told my school friends. They told me off like I should really get a life when I’m already 24. I understand where they are coming from but they will never understand how I find peace when I write these fics. So I gave up explaining to them after a while because I will just do what that makes me happy. (:

 

Do you know that I reaaaaally love your stories???

 

Do you know that I reaaaally love you too? ^^

 

How is that you make so many awesome stories? What is your favorite genre in books?

 

Truthfully, I don’t think my stories are awesome. There are many better writers out there. But I like my stories to be reflecting about life and realistic so I guess many of you can relate to it.

 

Regarding the books.. I have to admit that I don’t read English books. I dislike reading English books in fact. I ONLY read Mandarin books and it has to be love novels from ancient times. Hahah.