The Fansign

Backstage Romance

 

True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.

 

1st December 2013

 

 

[To: Luhan]

 

I am flying to Australia for work.

 

[From: Luhan]

 

When? And for how long??

 

[To: Luhan]

 

I’m flying tonight. Just for a few days.

 

[From: Luhan]

 

Text me when you reach. Stay safe please.

 

Bixue replied with an emoji and she set her phone aside. The luggage beside her was filled with coats and scarves instead of summer wear that was suitable for Australia’s weather.

 

It had been 10 months, coming 11 since she had last seen Luhan. Even though he came back to Beijing a couple of times between June and July for concert. He could not find time to meet her. Bixue could only watch him from afar, as his fan. Initially she thought attending his concerts would suffice but she had gotten more greedy. She missed him so much that videos, pictures, messages and videocalls were no longer enough. She wanted to see him, face to face with his eyes on her only.

 

That was when she decided that she should go to Korea to visit Luhan instead of waiting for his return. If it was not now, then when? Placing the last piece of sweater into her luggage, Bixue zipped it up and headed out of her house. His company had been very strict about them dating and she did not want to trouble him too much so there was only one way to see him.

 

As a fan at a fansign.

 

That way, she would have his eyes for herself. Even though it was for a few seconds because he will remember her and she will remember that moment, and that will make her very happy.

 There was no way she would tell Luhan because he would never allow her to do that.

 

When she reached Seoul, she counted the flight hours of Australia and texted him that she had reached. Without waiting for his reply, she headed out right after she checked into a hotel. She showed the taxi-driver the address she found on Exo’s website and it brought her to Myeongdong. Initially she just wanted to check out the area but there were already fans queuing even though the fansign was the following day. Walking near the area, someone approached her and spoke in Korean that she did not understand.

 

“You look like you are Chinese. Can you speak Mandarin?” Another teenage girl in the queue asked and Bixue nodded her head.

 

“She said that if you are queuing, you have to start from the back. You can’t just stand here. They had been queuing since this morning.”

 

Bixue looked behind her and the queue was really long. She widened her eyes, unsure of what to do.

 

“If you really wanna see Exo, I think you better start queuing. If you come back tomorrow, you won’t get to see them.” The girl told her. “Whose fan are you?”

 

“Lu..han.” She replied softly.

 

“Really?? Me too!!” The girl replied enthusiastically. “He is definitely China’s pride! Why not you join me? I can say that you are my friend! But I will go first before you okay?”

 

Bixue thanked the girl and joined her in the cold winter. Throughout the night, the girl would ask her why she liked Luhan and all but Bixue was afraid she might let something out so she pretended that she was a new fan who knew nothing much about him when in actual fact, she knows him more than every other fan.

 

When the next morning came and the starting time of the event drew nearer, the crowd grew bigger. She spotted a lot of fans wearing deer ears and even held his placards in Chinese. With a proud smile, she pressed on and continued waiting in the cold winter till they finally arrived. As the fangirls went crazy around her, she stood still. Among the placards and hands, she could see him and she felt tears stinging her eyes. As silly as it seemed, she could not help it when she was overwhelmed by how much she missed him. Everytime she tiptoed, she just wants one more glance of him in the crowd.

 

After some interview by the Nature Republic host, the fan began to line up to get ready for the fansign. With the product in her hand, she walked up the stage with shivering hands. She could not differentiate if she was too cold or too nervous, but either way, she finally reached before Luhan but he had his head bowed low.

 

“What’s your name?” He asked in Korean without looking up. When he received no reply, he looked up at the fan and he got a shock of his life. He did not know how to respond. All he could do was stare.

 

“Hyung.” Chen nudged him and Luhan blinked his eyes at him before looking back at Bixue. Instinctively, he asked in chinese. “What’s your name?”

 

Bixue tried to open to reply but there was a lump forming behind . No sound would come out even though she tried. As much as she forced herself to speak, she could not. But speaking to him was not her main point of this trip. She had seen him upclose and so had he. It was sufficient. That mere few seconds could last her for another few more months before he comes back to her.

 

Luhan tore his eyes away from her unwillingly and quickly signed for her before passing it to Chen. While other fans came to him, he would look to his right to catch her backview until she disappeared in the crowd. For the rest of the fansign, he could no longer concentrate. All that was in his head was Bixue as he questioned himself if he was dreaming.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chen asked the boy beside him upon noticing his odd behaviour during their break. Luhan simply nodded his head and scanned the crowd for her. But he could no longer see her anywhere.

 

After the fansign had ended, he quickly pulled out his phone and called her. It was the longest and most torturous fansign he had ever attended. His mind was filled with images of her staring back down at him. However, no matter how many times he called or texted, there was no reply. It made him grow worried as he wondered how long did she queue.

 

“Hyung, how long did the fans queue today?” Luhan asked his manager who was driving the car. “Like the first 100 maybe.”

 

“I heard that the queue started yesterday morning.” The man replied and Luhan was quite positive that she queued for at least 10 to 12 hours just to see him. His heart aches when he thought of how she queued in such a chilly weather. How silly was she.

 

He did not seem to give up calling even after he had reached the dorm. He continued calling and messaging but Bixue did not reply in any way. Laying on the bed helplessly, Luhan felt so weak when it comes to Bixue. Everyone has a weakness but he has two; everything she says and everything she does.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sehun returned back to their room after his fansign at a separate venue. He had received text from Chen that Luhan did not look too good after the event. “Are you sick or something? Jongdae hyung said you don’t look well.”

 

“Bixue is here.” Luhan laid still on the bed and broke the news to Sehun. The boy turned abruptly and looked back at him with his rounded eyes.

 

“Really??”

 

“She queued for the fansign!” Luhan raised his voice a little, annoyed with himself that Bixue had to go through these length just to see him. Back then, he used to think that wrong timing separated them, but no. Perhaps it was wrong timing which brought them together, and destiny was only correcting what it had accidentally wronged by breaking them apart again. That was why they had to always suffer from this long distance relationship.

 

“She is always afraid of the cold and she catches cold easily.. but she queued overnight. And she is not answering my phone..” Luhan blabbered on and Sehun just looked at the older, unsure of what to do either. He could understand his guilt if he was in Luhan’s shoes; to have a girl travel to a foreign country which does not speak her tongue and queued overnight just to see him. It was touching but definitely not the best feeling for the receiver.

 

[To: Bixue]

 

Can I see you again today?

 

Luhan was almost begging in his texts. He was desperate and he was not going to act like he was not. A while later, his phone buzz and he sprang up immediately.

 

[To: Luhan]

 

Sorry I reached the hotel just now and I fell asleep.

 

Did not have Wifi earlier.

 

Of course you can see me. Are you allowed out?

 

Upon reading her texts, he pressed the call button and within seconds, Bixue picked up. He had a lot of questions he wanted to ask her. Why was she here? Why was she so silly to queue for the fansign? Why did she not call him? However, when he heard her voice, these questions vanished from his lips. All he could say was he misses her.

 

“I miss you too Luhan.”

 

“Silly girl.” Luhan swallowed the lump behind his throat. He did not want to cry in front of Sehun so he walked out from his room to the empty music room adjacent to his and locked the door.

 

“I’m happy that I got to see you.” Bixue said genuinely but it made Luhan even more upset that they had to meet this way. He swallowed hard and decided to change the topic. He was not going to cry because he knows that she would too.

 

“When did you arrive?”

 

“Yesterday afternoon.”

 

“Then when are you leaving?”

 

“Tomorrow morning.”

 

“I will try to meet you tonight okay? Don’t wander around the streets on your own and do room service if you are hungry.” Luhan reminded her. He was worried about her safety especially that its considered her first time going overseas.

 

“Mmmm.”

 

With that, the couple hung up the phone.

 

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sehun asked when Luhan returned to the room and opened their wardrobe doors.

 

“I want to meet her.”

 

“It’s impossible. She is staying in a hotel and you wanna go to the hotel?” Sehun reasoned with him calmly. “The managers won’t let you go!”

 

“But she can’t come here, can she?” Luhan asked him back and Sehun went silent. Actually Luhan knew better that he would not be able to see her but he just wanted to put up a fight, even if it meant sneaking away. He just wanted to do something in exchange for her effort in this relationship. He also wanted to check on her, make sure she did not catch the flu bug or anything and maybe, buy her some food. He did not even wish to stay for the night. All he wanted was 5 minutes with her.

 

“Ask manager hyung for help.”  Sehun suggested.

 

“Are you crazy?” Luhan scolded. The managers would side the company more than them.

 

“Just tell them the truth! I’m sure the Chinese manager hyungs would help. They can empathise you more than the others right?”

 

Luhan had no other way but to heed for Sehun’s advice. He went to a Chinese manager that he was closer with and spilled the truth. From the start to the end of the love and struggle between Bixue in him in hope that he would grant him out. As much as the manager was touched, he was still not allowed to meet her. The manager can help him in every other ways except bringing him to a hotel or bringing her here so they could meet.

 

In the end, Luhan accepted the one and only choice. He went to the pharmacy to get some cold and fever medicine so the manager could send it to Bixue. He could not meet her but at least he could video call to make sure that she was not sick and she was safe and sound. The next day, the manager also fetched her to the airport personally and handed her a brown bag that Luhan had prepared.

 

It was the latest CD that Exo was preparing for; Miracles of December.

 

Bixue thanked the manager and gave Luhan a final call before she entered the boarding gate.

 

“I’m going in soon.”

 

Heaving a sigh of relief, Luhan apologised. “I’m sorry that I can’t meet you.”

 

“It’s okay.” Bixue comforted with a cheery tone. She could sense his change of voice and she knew he must feel really bad. Being able to see him made this trip worth it and she could go on with her life without him for a period of time again. “We met didn’t we?”

 

“Xue, if you can wait till I get home, I swear we can make this last.”

 

“I will Luhan.”

 

“I will always wait for you to come back home.”


Omg, this fic got featured!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!! I can't thank you guys enough like really. This is my 5th fic on this web to be featured and all I can say is.. I think I hit the jackpot. What are the chances of it happening right? THANK YOU SOOO MUCH REALLY. I'm really glad that you guys loved the Luxue couple and you all are not bored with the storyline yet (even though its 35 chapters already). I will keep writing even though I'm going to Korea so please be patient with me!

Enjoy!!