The Mid Autumn II

Backstage Romance

No matter how busy a person is, if they really care, they will always find the time for you.

 

29th August 2012

 

 

Luhan checked himself in the reflection, making sure that his hair was in place. The fans outside were starting to gather. From a small group of 3, it had increased to as many as 20 over now. He knew that there would be more to come so he ensured that he uphold his image, like how SM had always told them to even though it was not an official schedule.

 

The group of them were bored and they were going back to Korea tomorrow. They had always wanted to bring the Korean members, Chen and Xiumin, around Beijing so they decided to head out today. It was of course, approved by the management since it would only show a positive side of them going out together.

 

As they walked around Jingshan Park where they could have a paranomic view of Beijing and the Forbidden city, they were accompanied by the group of fans who recognised who they were. They took pictures of them from afar and occasionally called their names. Luhan gave them a few polite nods as he went around touring the place with the other members. They walked around the hills and pavilions and the scenery was breathtaking. He took pictures of it and made a mental note to send it to Bixue later, he was sure that she would love them. She could probably even take some ideas from these oriental inspired architecture.

 

Keeping his phone safely in his pockets, he walked into the main building of the Jingshan Park where the Korean members were in the souvenier shop picking out some souveniers for their family members. He walked around the small shop where they mostly sold oriental designed jewelleries, outfits and souvenirs. He did not like such things so he simply looked around till his eyes caught sight of something sitting in the glass drawers.

 

It was a necklace with a pendant shaped like a horse. It was different from the ones he had seen in other souvenir shops. The shape of the horse was brought out through the thin gold platings and it looked more like a pony than a horse. His doe eyes twinkled as he stared at the necklace for a good few seconds. It was adorable and he was sure it would look good on Bixue.

 

As much as he would like to purchase it, he knew he could not. When he looked around the shop, the shop keepers were looking at them with extra caution due to the fans who were following them around. He had even overheard one of the sales attendant asking them who they were. This put him in a difficult position as he did not know how to buy it without raising the suspicion of the people in this shop.

 

“Tao.” Luhan walked over to the boy who was looking really bored. “Help me.”

 

“Why? What happened??” Tao widened his eyes nervously.

 

“I want to buy something for her but I’m scared that the company will know.” Luhan did not forget that the company did not allow them to date. “And there are so many eyes around here, it will be obvious.”

 

Tao rolled his eyes at Luhan’s stupidity. He could have lied that he wanted to buy for his parents but before he said it, he swallowed his words back. He knew about Luhan’s past and he was so glad that he did not say the wrong thing. Putting his hand around his shoulders, he assured him. “Junjie-ge’s birthday is coming up. Use that as an excuse. I will ask Kris to get something else.”

 

After Tao had informed Kris about their plan, he went with Luhan to the jewellery section.

 

“Can I take a look at this?” Luhan pointed to the necklace excitedly.

 

When the staff presented it to him, the staff added. “It would be lucky for the people who are born in the year of the horse to wear this necklace.”

 

“It would bring them good luck and bless them with good health too.”

 

“Oh really?” Luhan rounded his eyes in surprised. He did not know that wearing a zodiac sign necklace has such good effects and he was even more determined to buy it for Bixue. That silly girlfriend of his is always sick and it would be good for her to have good health. “I will buy it then.”

 

Tao looked at Luhan in disbelief. He did not follow a thing that they had scripted. What was the point of him here then? With that, he quickly helped Luhan to cover up, “A guy can wear that right?”

 

The staff nodded his head and Tao went on his show, “I think Junjie-ge will love his birthday present. Tell us how much is it, we will pay you back later when we get back to the dorm.”

 

“Oh right. Sure sure.” Luhan realized that he had been too hasty and he agreed to Tao’s words right away. Tao had to prevent himself from rolling his eyes at Luhan. He was such a bad liar with that expression. He would not be surprised if the staff finds it fishy through his reply.

 

Luhan did not tell Bixue about the present. Although they texted everyday, he refused to let her know about it. He travelled between Seoul, Thailand, Taiwan, Jakarta, Shanghai before returning back to Beijing with the 2 months overdued present in his hand but yet, he still could not meet the girl he had not seen for 4 months.

 

[To: Xue]

 

I am back but I need to prepare for my award ceremony tomorrow. I’m sorry I can’t meet you.

 

[From: Xue]

 

It’s okay. I will be seeing you on the 27th anyway.

 

What Bixue meant was seeing Luhan on the award ceremony as an audience, like his fan. Guo Jing accompanied her there and through Xu Feng, they managed to get seats that had quite a decent view. Although it was not very close to the stage, at least, Bixue could see Luhan perform. The last time she saw him perform was his showcase and she was excited.

 

When Exo M entered the venue, there were loud screams everywhere. The fans around her were very excited. Contrary to their frantic waving and calling of their idols’ name, Bixue sat still on her seat. She wore a faint smile but she could feel her chest tightening at the sight of that one person. He was really good looking that night. She watched him perform on stage and sang along with them too. When they won the most popular group award, she sprang up from her seat just like other fans, clapping proudly as the group of them went on stage to receive the award.

 

Taking out her phone, she snapped a picture of Luhan when he stepped out to speak on behalf of the group. No words could describe how proud she was. Till Guo Jing passed her a piece of tissue then she realized, she cried.

 

After the performance, Bixue and Guo Jing headed back separately. On her way back, Bixue sent a message to him. This time, she attached a picture of him that she took earlier.

 

[To: Luhan]

 

I’m very proud of you.
 

That night, Luhan did not come. The company went out to celebrate so he was not allowed to leave. Thankfully, the next day was mid-autumn festival. A festival that is known as the day of Reunion because in the chinese culture, the star-crossed lovers Chang-E and Houyi only gets to meet on this day every year. The Chinese celebrated by eating dinner together and so do the Koreans. With that, he managed to get the permission to meet his friends.

 

As usual, Laogao picked him up from the dormitory and dropped him at Bixue’s house. He punched in the familiar numbers and when he entered, he saw her standing there waiting for him, just like how she did before he left. No words were needed as he we went forward and pulled her into his embrace. 4 months. It had been 4 months since he last saw her. There were so many times they were in the same city, or even so near one another like yesterday, and yet, they could not meet.

 

After having their dinner, the couple sat in the living room and overlooked the moon that was hanging brightly in the sky in each other’s embrace.

 

“I bought something for you.” Luhan took out the small box in his pocket and passed it to Bixue who was leaning on his chest. As she opened it slowly, he continued. “I bought it quite a while back but I didn’t have the chance to give it to you.”

 

“Really?” Bixue looked at the necklace with a sweet smile. It was shaped like a horse and she loved it. She is born in the year of the horse and so is Luhan. Moreover, this is the first present that he had bought her since they were together.

 

“Aye, must because you received an award yesterday so your pay increased. Last time you were too broke to buy anything.” She .

 

“Yeah, how did you know?” Luhan got up from his seat and took the necklace from her. As he helped her put on he told her gently. “Next time you will have to feed me. I will be very poor.”

 

“Sure. I definitely can feed you, clothe you and even give you a roof over your head in the future.” Bixue turned around and announced confidently. “I am working in the renovation company that Xu Feng and Guojing opened.”

 

“They have a renovation company?”

 

“They saw that I could design so they decided to invest.”

 

Hugging her tightly, Luhan replied, “I will depend on you then.”

 

Bixue nodded her head and the couple enjoyed the silence that lingered between them. With Luhan’s chin on top of hers, she listened to his regular heartbeat as she fumbled on the necklace that he had just gave her. Luhan, on the other hand, looked at the moon with a dark gaze. He should be happy that they were luckier than Chang-E and Houyi. They get to meet more than once a year. Or rather, they had met for more than once a year. He was not sure if they could do so again next year.

 

He had heard rumours from the Korean headquarters that they are planning to combine Exo K and Exo M. It made sense to combine since they were a group. He had knew it all along but a part of him wished that they did not have to. Combining with Exo K would mean that he had to temporary reside in Seoul and it would mean that Bixue and him had to be separated again for a long long time.

 

At first he thought of asking her to come along with him. She can rent a house there and he could still sneak out to meet her but he could no longer. She had promised to work for Guojing and Xu Feng and he realized how selfish it was. By doing that, he was making her life revolve around him only and that was not what he hoped their relationship would become. He wanted their love to not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

 

“Xue, I’m going back to Seoul.” Luhan told her softly. He had to tell her sooner or later and he was not going to leave it till the end. It will only hurt her more.

 

Instinctively, Bixue froze in his arms. She could sense from his tone of voice that it was not the normal kind of return. She did not have the courage to ask him for how long because her sixth sense told her, it would be very long. Snuggling into his embrace, she remained silent as she heard the answer that she had been expecting.

 

“For quite some time.” Luhan continued.

 

Nodding her head, Bixue closed her eyes and stayed in his embrace. She will wait for him no matter what, as long as Luhan is happy, he did not have to worry about her.

 

After all, those who truly love, will never stop loving.


My back is hurting like crazy and doctor is suspecting that its a slipdisc. Need to go back for a review tmr and I'm so so worried. I really hope that its not and I'm praying so hard.

Wish me luck guys! I really hope its nothing serious. /: