The Null Marriage

Backstage Romance

 

If two people were meant to be together, eventually they’ll find their way back.

 

13th May 2012

 

That morning before Luhan left, he took more than a minute long to look at Bixue, so did she. They knew that this time Luhan leaves, he would not be back till a month later. Even then when he is back, he was not sure if he could see her. With her face imprinted in his head, Luhan left Beijing with a part of him behind with Bixue. They texted regularly and he would call her whenever he was alone. Every message or phonecall from her makes Luhan feel happier than anything he had ever known and he was addicted to the way she made him feels even when she was nowhere near.

 

However, the peaceful and blissful moments did not last long. After his first fansigning in Incheon, he received a message on his phone.

 

[From: Xue]

 

It’s happening soon.

 

Luhan’s fingers trembled at the sight of the message. He knew what it meant. Xu Feng was going to execute his plan to take over the company within the next few days. The day that Luhan and Bixue had been dreading finally arrived. They had only spent a good few months together and Luhan could not imagine how it would be like if Xu Feng fails the plan. He would have to watch the love of his life marry another man and for the rest of his life, he was sure he would be living in misery.

 

Over the next few days, Luhan braced himself through all his schedules. He left his phone close to him so he could the messages sent by Bixue right away but the flight to Los Angeles was a torture for him. Not only was he nervous about taking a plane, he was also worried that he would miss an important text from Bixue. He drifted in and out of sleep through the 12 hour flight. Upon arrival, he immediately pulled out his phone and just like he had expected, Bixue dropped the most important text saying that it was going to happen that day.

 

He lost all the mood to do anything that day. He was physically there with s and staffs as they went around Disneyland but his heart was back in Beijing. The place was crowded with fans that he did not dare to take out his phone. He could only smile politely as he uphold his image like how the company wanted him to. It was a torture to wear a mask that did not reflect his feelings. As he waited for s who went to take the roller coaster, he swiftly pulled out to check his phone but there was no message from Bixue.

 

“Hyung, something happened?” Sehun saw through his jittery that he hid behind his smile but Luhan simply shook his head.

 

“Tell me.” He insisted. This was the first time he saw Luhan being in this disoriented state and he was worried.

 

“Later.” Luhan replied. The fans were around and the staffs were also nearby, it was not the best place to tell him.

 

When the entire team finally returned back to their room, Luhan immediately pulled out his phone from his pocket. He did not care about overseas charges but immediately press the familiar chain of numbers as he waited for the other end to pick up. Sehun closed and latched the door behind him before sitting on the bed, observing Luhan.

 

“How was it?” Luhan asked the moment he heard the phone went through.

 

“Not yet.” Bixue replied softly from the other end.

 

“What’s taking him so long?”

 

“You are in LA Luhan. It’s only 5am here.”

 

“Oh, right.” He had forgotten about the 16 hour time differences.

 

“Don’t worry so much. It will be fine.” Bixue comforted him in attempt to make herself feel better. She herself was worried too. There were thousands of questions whirling in her head. What was she going to do if Xu Feng fails? What was going to happen to Luhan and her? She loves him a lot and she was not prepared to let him go but he could not openly ask for her hand from her parents because of his idol status. However, she kept all these questions and worries to herself. She did not want to add on to Luhan’s worry. 

 

Instead, she forced out a smile and told him over the phone. “You must be suffering from jetlag. Try to take a nap whenever you can.”

 

“I.. will.” Luhan spoke softly. He knew that Bixue was worried but she was trying hard not to show him. How would he not know when she was still awake at 5am in the morning and picked up the phone right on the second ring?

 

“I love you Xue.” Without exposing her, Luhan hung up the phone after hearing Bixue reciprocate those 3 words with the same amount of love.

 

“Hyung, who’s that? Did I just hear you say that you love someone in Mandarin?” Sehun eyed the older boy curiously. Luhan sunk himself onto the sofa opposite Luhan and let out a heavy sigh. Then, he began telling Sehun about Bixue and him, from their childhood days to finally being attached and what was going on now. He had not seen Sehun for too long and they were so busy with schedules the last few days that he did not have a chance to talk to him privately like now.

 

“Woah, this can’t get any more dramatic.” Sehun commented in disbelief after hearing Luhan’s love story. It was almost like those drama they always watch on TV! He was envious of him to have someone love him so much to be willing to wait for him for so long. However, Luhan did not reply. He just gripped onto his phone tightly and kept staring at his phone screen, as though afraid that he would miss out a notification.

 

Hitting his shoulders, Sehun sighed. If he was in his shoes, he would have no mood for rehearsal too. But that was not something they had a say in. Happy or not, sick or not, they still had to perform. With that, he stood up and made his way out first. “Hurry up change. I will buy you some time from outside.

 

As promised, Luhan worked hard for his rehearsal. He tried his best to concentrate when it was their time to rehearse. When it was not, he would be back in his seat, staring at his phone. He did not allow his phone to be out of his sight, not even when he went to bathe after the rehearsal. When he was fnally laying in bed, then he felt vibrations in his hand. He opened up the message immediately as he held his breath.

 

[From: Bixue]

 

Sleep early and don’t think about it anymore. You have a performance tomorrow and your fans in LA would be sad if you don’t do well.

 

[To: Bixue]

 

Okay. I will. You sleep early too. I love you.

 

No matter how many texts they sent to one another, Luhan will say the last three words again and again. He really loves her and he always will no matter what happens or what might happen.

 

[From: Bixue]

 

Uhm. Goodnight. I love you too.

 

Laying down, Luhan looked up at the ceiling blankly till he heard Sehun’s voice.

 

“Do you ever think about the future?”

 

“I do. A lot.”

 

“Is she in it?”

 

“She is it.”

 

Sehun smiled at the older’s reply, he hit him on his arm and closed his eyes, praying hard that Luhan and Bixue would be together forever because both of them deserve to be happy.

 

“Sleep hyung. Everything would be fine tomorrow.”

 

Luhan nodded his head but he did not feel sleepy at all. He held his phone tightly and began reminiscing the past. He missed his childhood days. How Bixue and him took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. They could not control the world they were in, could not walk away from things or people or moments that hurt but they took joy in things that made them happy.

 

And that was being with one another.

 

Without realizing that he had fallen asleep after much difficulty, Luhan was woken up by the vibrations in his hand. He sprung up right away and he stared hard at the notification, afraid to open the message.

 

With his trembling fingers, he tapped on it lightly and closed his eyes.

 

[From: Bixue]

 

He succeeded!!

 

That two words brought tears to Luhan’s eyes. He knelt on the bed excitedly and punched his fists into the air but that did not satisfy his excitement. He went on hitting the boy beside him frantically.

 

“Sehun-ah! Sehun! Sehun!”

 

“What…..” The boy replied groggily with his eyes half opened.

 

“Bixue and I are still together!! We can be together forever!!!”


I really miss writing this story so so much. We are getting through the motion with this couple. There would be more to come but its already chapter 30 omg. I hope this story doesn't hit 60. /:

A big shoutout to MrsLuDeer for always feeding me with Exo M schedules! Thank you so so much sweetie! They are so detailed that it helped me in writing this story as realistic as possible!

Enjoyyyyy!