The Regret II

Backstage Romance

One of the best feeling in the world is when you hug the person you love, and they hug you tighter.

 

1st April 2012

 

“I love you Xue. I know it the moment I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up.”

 

“I… just got stuck.  I really wish I could turn back time to tell you all these but I know its all too late.” Closing his eyes painfully, Luhan let the tears that he had been holding back the whole evening fall. Yet again, he had to watch the only thing that could ever make him happy slowly slip out of his sight with a broken heart.

 

 “You will never be too late Luhan.” Bixue choked out in between her sobs. She had been keeping quiet so Luhan could catch some sleep before his flight back to Korea. Little did she expect to hear this from him. This confession came too quickly and too abruptly. She thought she would have to hold on to her love for him for the rest of her life, she had not expect Luhan to have fallen for her too. She had always been the book he always opened but he never read. Now that he had, years of bottled feeling overflowed and she could no longer control her tears. That moment, she just wanted something to happen, something, anything; but she did not know what. “I.. had been waiting for you all these while.”

 

Luhan widened his eyes, unable to believe that Bixue heard everything he said. His heart was beating so rapidly that he could hear it pounding against his own chest. He did not know what to say because he himself could not stop his tears from flowing down his cheeks. Bixue had always love him and he hated himself for not knowing anything. Did her love for him begin during high school when he thought he fell in love with Qian Ya? Or was it when he began telling her about how Qian Ya and him went to places that they had never gone before? Or maybe it was when he left for Korea, leaving her in Beijing alone.

 

Either way, he had hurt her since the beginning.

 

“Since when did you know?” He asked her softly as he wiped his own tears away with the back of his hand.

 

“I think I knew I did from the first moment we met. It was.. not love at first sight exactly, but.. familiarity.” Bixue broke into a smile as she sniffed hard, “Like.. oh hello, it’s you. It’s going to be you.”

 

Breaking into a smile, Luhan could not believe that he was also feeling the same way. He felt like a part of his soul has loved her since the beginning of everything, like they were from the same star.

 

“Me too. I didn’t even try to love you.” He told her in a voice so gentle that he knew for the rest of this life, he would talk to her this way. “It just happened.”

 

This time it was Bixue who broke into a smile. She had waited for so long for this sentence and suddenly, she felt all the wait and suffering she had to go through or went through was worth it.

 

“I want to see now.” Even though Luhan just saw her, he had a desire for every inch of her. The smell of her hair, the feeling of her skin on his and her voice that were rummaging through every vein in his body. He wished that she was here or he was there or they were together.

 

“Me too.” Bixue admitted shyly.

 

“But I can’t.. I need to leave for Korea in a few hours time.”

 

“I know.”

 

“But.. we..” Luhan did not know how to put his worry into words. He would not be seeing her anytime soon and even though she had also reciprocated his feelings, he was unsure if she was willing to wait for him.

 

“Don’t be silly.” Bixue guessed his worry almost right away. “I’ve waited for you for so long. It wouldn’t matter how long more you will take, my feelings for you will never change.”

 

Her answer was like a breath of fresh air after he had been drowning. It was raw and free.

 

“Can you sleep on the phone with me please?” He asked.

 

“Of course.”

 

That night, Luhan slept with the sensation travelling throughout his whole body, flooding the nerves in his brain and along the tips of his toes. The feeling ran like a river deep inside of him even till the next day after he left. As the days went by, he felt like he could not contain himself anymore. He had missed so many years with Bixue, hurting her with Qian Ya along the way. He did not want her to wait for him again. The only way to make up to her was to work hard like how he promised her to, giving his all for every rehearsal and his utmost effort in his debut stage because he knew, she would be watching.

 

When he finally to return to Beijing, it was already 8 days since he last saw her and 8 days since he confessed to her.

 

[To: Bixue]

 

I’m coming back. Don’t pick me up at the airport. It would be crowded.

 

[From: Bixue]

 

Okay. Stay safe.

 

And he knew he had to see her that very day. Despite having an interview the next day, Luhan begged his manager to let him out with an excuse of meeting his friends. Laogao had agreed to pick him up and he drove him carefully towards Bixue’s house without earning any attention from the fans who were waiting for the boys near their house.

 

“Laogao, please drive faster.” Luhan could barely sit still in the passenger seat. His palms were turning all sweaty as he took in deep breaths, his eyes peering at the streets ahead of them.

 

“We are on the highway, how fast do you want me to go?” Laogao teased, “Are you that excited to see your best friend? It’s almost 2am, are you sure she is not asleep?”

 

“She is not. I texted her.”

 

“She knows you are coming?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then why are you so eager to get there so quickly?”

 

“I just want to see her.” Luhan replied seriously and Laogao picked up the hidden meaning that sentence. “We confessed to each other last week.”

 

“So you guys are together now?!” Laogao was almost screaming, he could not believe that the 2 of them finally confessed after so many years.

 

Shaking his head, Luhan sighed. “I didn’t want to do it over the phone. I want to ask her directly with me standing in front of her.”

 

“Then go quickly.” Laogao stopped at the underground carpark and tossed Luhan a mask. “Good luck best friend.”

 

“Thanks.” Wearing the mask over his face, Luhan hopped out of the car and made his way towards the lift. When he finally stood outside Bixue’s house, he took in a deep breath and pressed on the doorbell. It was not his first time seeing her but he was nervous like it was his first.

 

“Luhan?” Despite the mask that was covering half of his face, she could still recognise him from those doe eyes of his. As much as she was surprised to see him appearing at her dootstep at this hour, she knew that he is a public figure now and a wrong step would ruin his entire career. Pulling him into her house, she checked the surrounding to ensure no one saw him before closing her door hurriedly.

 

Right when she turned around, she was met with Luhan’s gaze that was so gentle and loving. She had seen those set of eyes before; when Luhan looked at Qian Ya when they were 16. But now, it was for her and she could feel herself blushing furiously.

 

Reaching for her both of her hands, Luhan held them tightly in his. They did not know if it was the heat in her house or the fact that they finally realize that they love one another but they could feel the world rushed through their veins. There was no way they would ever forget this moment as Luhan slowly pulled her into a hug and Bixue hugged him tighter.

 

“Together?” Luhan whispered in the quiet night.

 

“Forever.” Bixue whispered back before looking up at the boy that she had waited for so long.

 

“I love you Xue.”

 

“I love you too Luhan.”

 

The way Bixue finally said she loves him made Luhan feel like he was finally complete and he could feel all the worries vanished. Reaching down, he closed his eyes and pressed his lips lightly on hers. It was not long and it certainly was not the kind of kiss that was in movies these days but it was wonderful in its own way because they will remember that this moment when their lips touched, it would be imprinted in their memory forever.

 

“Xue..” As Luhan hugged her tightly in his embrace, he told her. “I can’t let you marry Xu Feng.”

 

“My heart will always be yours Luhan.” Bixue comforted him as she attempted to make herself feel better. Now that she knows Luhan loves her back, she would definitely give him all that she has got. And that is, her heart and her love.

 

Shaking his head, Luhan pressed her deeper into his embrace. “I want both your heart and you.”

 

“I can’t watch him have you. I will go crazy.”

 

“Come here.” Pulling out of his embrace, Bixue led Luhan to the sofa and sat him down. As they laid in each other’s arms, she decided to tell him the truth about Xu Feng and her. Now that they know they are deeply in love with one another, it means that he was in the same boat as the 3 of them. “Let me tell you something.”

 

“Xu Feng and I are just friends. Nothing more than that.”

 

The next hour, Luhan listened intently to what Bixue told him. He had never heard her speak so much before but every word she said just made him hugged her even tighter than before. He could not believe that he knew nothing about what had happened or what was going on all these while. From how she was determined to win the competition to leave the Zhang’s household, to the plan Xu Feng and her devised, he would not have known if he had not confessed.

 

“I’m proud of you Xue.” The girl in his arms was no longer the young and weak Bixue who did not know how to fight for her own happiness. She had become a fighter and she was fighting hard for their love, making Luhan wonder what had he done in this life to deserve someone like her as he sealed a kiss on her forehead.

 

With a contented smile, Bixue looked up at Luhan. She did not know what Xu Feng and her would face tomorrow or in the future, but all she knew was if Luhan was with her, it was all that matters.

 

 


 

We finally reached here! I had been waiting for this moment since forever! This is the best moment for their confession don’t you all agree? Some of you said that it would be a plot twist if Bixue was awake and I laughed out loud because Bixue is really awake! Hahahah. Now that LuXue ship is finally sailing, we would be breezing through the story with Luhan’s story in Exo.

I’ve ended my exams and that means I would be able to update more often!! I would also be coming up with a few new fics so keep a lookout! Official updates will start by next week because it’s Chinese New Year eve today and I doubt I have time to write over the festive season.

Oh and one more thing! I got interviewed by p-sehyuk  a few days ago. It’s my first time doing an interview by another author so if you guys are interested you can check it out here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1030102/p-sehyuk-times-news-advertise-facts-interviews

 

Enjoy! Happy New Year everyone!