Chapter 8

This Is Then Counted

Day 1

You waved to Leo as you saw him entering the classroom along with Ken, but he did not respond. Ken saw you and waved back instead. 'Hey Pigyeon-ie!' 

'Hey...' You muttered halfheartedly back to Ken, which he fortunately did not realize. You were disturbed. Not by Ken's nickname for you, but by Leo's reaction. Did Taekwoon oppa just ignore me? 

He didn't even nod. Maybe he was just thinking 'bout something else and didn't notice me. Yeah. that's right. You suddenly remembered what Ken called you earlier. I need to think of something as payback. That. Annoying. Animal. 

Throughout the lessons, you had a strange feeling that Leo was indeed ignoring you. He did not talk to you at all in class. Usually, he would check on you constantly if you had any problems understanding the teacher. You turned to look at Leo to find him looking at the teacher while he took down notes. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive.

Lunch was quiet. The lessons after lunch were quiet. You could not help but to feel relieved when you saw the others after the last lesson of the day. But, your mind was still on Leo, trying to figure out why he ignored you for the entire day in school. 

Well... Taekwoon oppa didn't actually ignore me. I didn't talk to him at all for him to ignore me. But, he's always the one who talks to me first. Maybe he got annoyed by you not initiating conversations, you Cha Minyeon. But, I don't initiate conversations with anyone! At all! And he did ignore me when I waved to him this morning. Wait, I thought I reasoned that out already. Gosh, I should stop. Maybe I'm just overthinking. Maybe he's just tired. Yeah. 

'Yah.' Someone from behind you knocked your head forward. The speed bump did not help. Such awesome timing. Stupid speed bump. 'What are you thinking about?'

'Nothing.'

'Nothing?' You nodded. 'Nothing?' Oh come on. Which part of 'nothing' do you not understand? 'Where's your 'oppa'?'

You sighed. 'Nothing, oppa.'

'Oppa? Only oppa?'

'Nothing, Sanghyuk oppa.' Luckily it's Wonshik oppa's turn later. I might die if it's Sanghyuk again. 

'Yah, you're not the youngest here anymore, but that doesn't mean you can bully Minyeonie.' Hongbin nudged Hyuk to make him keep quiet.

'Minyeonie doesn't actually have to call you oppa though. It's only three months.' Exactly! Finally Ken had said something which you agreed with. For once. 

'I don't care. Three months is still three months. She still has to call me oppa.'

 

 

At 11pm, you were rolling in your bed as you fiddled with your phone. You kept checking your messages in case the notifications have gone haywire again. 

Why hasn't he messaged me yet. You stared at your phone. It was way passed the time he usually messages you. Does he not have practice today? But I saw them going off! Maybe he just forgot. Yeah, maybe he just did. You decided to stop waiting and placed your phone down.

 

Meanwhile, at the dance studio, one guy was constantly checking his phone too. 

'Taekwoon hyung! Why do you keep staring at your phone? We need to practice.' Hongbin shouted across the studio. 

Leo took one last glance at his phone and left it by his bottle. She doesn't even realize that I didn't text her. Must be busy, with Minhyuk around.

 


 

Day 3

From yesterday's 'events', you have concluded that something was going on. No questions, no conversations, no messages. After much contemplation, you decided to ask him first.

Into the third period, not a word came out from him, further proving your point. 

After another internal conflict with yourself over how to ask him, you turned to him abruptly. 'Taekwoon oppa?' No response. Not even a single word. He doesn't even know how hard it took for me to even say those two words! 'Are you okay?' There, I've said it. You stared blankly at Leo. Is he really going to ignore me?

After a few seconds of silence, you were about to turn back. 'Mm.' Leo muttered. It's not even a proper word! You went back to your work, disapointed. At least oppa responded. Did I do something wrong then?

You were still not pleased. Why is he ignoring me? 

 

For the rest of the day, not a single word was said between the two of you. And as expected, there were no messages from him that night too. 

Or is he too tired with the practices recently? You looked at your phone. Forget it. Why should I care anyways. And your phone landed on the ground. 

 

Leo's phone lit up just when he placed down his bottle. He took it up as he wiped off his sweat using his towel.

Minyeonie:

     Don't tire yourself too much Taekwoon oppa. Good night!

Leo stared at his phone. She sounds happy still. 

 

 

20 minutes past. Oppa read it yet he didn't reply! Maybe he really is ignoring me after all... You finally decided to switch off the lights and went to bed. Can't he reply a 'Good night' like usual? You stared into the darkness at where your phone would be on the table, waiting for it to light up. Or an 'Mm' will also be fine. 

 


 

Day 4 - 6

As the days went by, you were getting more and more irritable. You slept lesser, spending more time staring at your phone and racking through your brains on what you might have done to make Leo ignore you. But, you never got an answer. Despite not getting a reply, you continued messaging him every night, with the timing getting later and later without you knowing.

Day 4 - 11.30pm

Day 5 - 12.02am

Day 6 - 1.07am

He doesn't even care that I'm staying up till this late. What did I dooo... But then again, why would he care anyways? But still...

 

You gradually became even more quiet, even to the members. You were afraid that you might lash out at any of them, and your lack of sleep was not helping. 

If it was Hyuk or Ken, you would have straightforwardly started screaming at them. 'WHAT DID I DO WRONG. WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME.' If it was Hongbin or Ravi, it would not have been that hard to ask what's wrong too. But the silence between you and Leo was killing you, yet you could not bring yourself to ask him. What did I do that wrong, that he's been ignoring me for so many days?

 


 

Day 7 

One week, Leo has been ignoring you for one week. For completely no particular reason. He claims that he isn't ignoring you when Ravi asked him what was wrong, but he hasn't been talking to you, at all. I give up. Why do I care so much about oppa ignoring me anyway. I'm just making life hard for myself. 

Another roar of thunder was heard. Haish. You quickly ran into the sheltered building as fast as you could, but getting wet was unavoidable as the rain got heavier. You looked down at the wet patches on your uniform as you headed to the classroom. Better hide before Hakyeon oppa sees me. You touched your hair and shivered. It's wet, urghhh. I'm so gonna get nagged at when he finds out. 'I told you to put an umbrella in your bag! How heavy is an umbrella? Do you like to fall sick that often? Are medicines that yummy to you? Or do you secretly admire the doctor? Blahblahblah.' Well, the doctor is kinda cute...

'Pigyeonie?' Ken stopped you right when you were about to bump into him by the door. 'Why are you drenched? I nearly didn't recognize you.' You saw Leo going into the classroom without looking at you at all. Just ignore him will do. I shouldn't care. Yes, I shouldn't care. Ken touched your hair and your uniform sleeve, while you moved your attention back to him. 'Did you not bring an umbrella?'

'I thought I could make it in time before it actually rained.' You looked down at your uniform. 'And I forgot about the unsheltered distance from the bus stop to school.'

'Okay, let's go in first.' Ken pulled you into the classroom and stopped at your seat. 'You should have waited at the bus stop and call us or something. What if you get a cold?' Ken stopped at your seat next to Leo. 'Taekwoon hyung can you move in for a while?' Leo ignored Ken as he fixed his attention on his phone. 'Hyung?' No response. 'Okay then. You sit here first.' Ken turned back to you and plop you down onto the seat beside your original one as he sat down on yours. 

'I'm okay, Jaehwan oppa. I can do it by myself.' You said as he wiped off the water on your arms using the tissues you took out. You tried moving his hands away from you as you got quite disturbed by the skinship. Ken never touched you, and that was when you realized that you were not actually that close to him. The only interactions between the both of you was you glaring at him when he made nonsensical comments.

'I don't want you to get sick.' You eyed him. Since when was he this nice. 'It'll take time to tell you about the homework you miss.' Tsk. I knew it. 'What do we do about your hair though. It's really wet.' You finally got the tissues out of his hands, while Ken touched your ponytail as he looked at you.

'It'll dry later. Thanks anyways oppa.' You made no move to chase Ken out of your seat. The seat which you were currently sitting on was originally vacant anyways. At least now there's someone to talk to you.

 

 

'Minyeonie your hair feels like grass.' Hyuk said as he played with your ponytail. 

'I know.' You said as you dug into your food.

'I know? That's all I get?' Hyuk jerked onto your ponytail, causing you to nearly choke on your food. Don't slap him, don't. Calm down Minyeon-ah. 

'I'll wash it when I get home.' You breathed in deeply.

'I was expecting an explanation.'

This guy is getting on my nerves. 'And I'm not giving it to you.' You turned to glare at Hyuk. 

'Can you guys not fight for like five minutes? Or else I'm going to make the both of you marry each other.' Ken looked up from his food to look at the both of you. And it was not a pleasant sight at all. 

'I'm fine with the marrying.' A huge smile appeared on Hyuk's face as he looked at you. Creep.

'Who wants to marry you. No dating, no marriage, remember? And I don't even like like you.' Your lunch looks unappetizing all os a sudden. Must be Sanghyuk's fault.

'Guys, five minutes. Just five minutes. Hyukie, she got into the rain this morning. Okay now hush.' Lunch with the both of them is a nightmare. And Taekwoon hyung doesn't even care. You stuck out your tongue at Hyuk, while he pondered over what you just said. She said she doesn't like like me, but it doesn't mean that she don't like me at all right?

'No marriage, no dating.' Maybe that's whats keeping her and Minhyuk away from each other. And Minhyuk, was exactly what Leo has been thinking about since the day he first started ignoring you. He did all sorts of background checks on Minhyuk during the past week. Hobbies, abilities, food preferences, height, blood type, you name it, he got it. He could have easily beaten any fan if there was a quiz about Minhyuk.What's so good about him being able to both rap and sing? MVP? Visual? ... Skinship? No, she doesn't like too much skinship.

 

 

You silently climbed into the van after Hyuk who looked at you weirdly.

‘Aww, you missed me?’ Hyuk look at you while the others boarded the van. 

'More like trying to stage a revolution.' You muttered quietly as you occupied yourself with anything but the people in front.

'What revolution?' Hongbin asked as he sat down next to you while you just shook you head at him. 

'Nothing oppa.'

Ken saw Ravi entering after Leo and also looked at him weirdly as he sat down. 'What are you doing here.'

'I felt like sitting with you hyung.' Ravi hugged onto Ken’s arm and smiled. Ken looked at Leo who already had his earphones plugged in as he looked out of the window indifferently. What’s wrong with the both of them. 

When heading to the van, you already asked Ravi if you could change seats with him for the trip to the van. Fortunately, Ravi agreed without asking anything, since he already guessed that it was because of Leo. 

‘What happened? Did someone call her short?’ The last time you were this quiet was when you and Hyuk got into a fight. It started off with Hyuk and his usual teasing but as it got intense, that one word made you quiet and you did not talk to him for an entire week. 'I didn't do it, so, Taekwoon hyung?' And as expected, no answer was heard.

'Yah, you okay?' Hyuk asked as he looked at you.

'Mhmm.' You nodded blindly and Hyuk touched your forehead. 

'You're not okay. Hakyeon hyung, I think we need to bring her home first. Must be the rain from this morning. She's running a fever.'

'No, I'm not having a fever.' Now it was Hongbin's turn to touch your forehead. 

'Yeah, it's a little warm.'

'Did you not bring your umbrella again?' N asked from the front of the van. 

'Yeah...' 

Cue. 'I told you to put an umbrella in your bag! How heavy is an umbrella? Do you like to fall sick that often? Are medicines that yummy to you? Or do you secretly admire the doctor?' I told you so. Hongbin coughed at the last question. Now I bet they're totally judging me. 'Do you have medicine at home?' You nodded. 'Do you need to see the doctor?' You shook your head. 'You do remember that we have an event tomorrow right? If you're really not feeling well, just don't go to school, and get Minhyuk to bring you to the doctor.' How can he even speak so much. Does he like practice it in his head and says it when the scenario is appropriate? Leo got annoyed at the mention of his name again.

'They're not going tomorrow?' Ravi asked.

'Nope.' 

Your sneeze disrupted the peace in the van. 'Sorry...'

'I think it's better for you to not go to school tomorrow.' Hongbin said to you.

'It's okay oppa. It'll be better by tomorrow.'

 


 

Day 8

It was the break before the 100m run event. Everyone was all over the place, lying on the field, chatting with others, replenishing themselves. 

Their frantic looking manager caught Leo's attention. Did something bad happen? Leo saw their manager approach N and pulled him aside. He followed quietly as he downed his water, not making his presence known. 

'Hakyeon ah, your sister broke her shoulder in school. And high fever. 40.1 degree celsius. It's Gikwang.' Their manager whispered to N as he urgently handed the phone over to N. Leo froze on the spot.

'W-What?' N immediately took over the phone. 'Hey, is she okay? ... Do you have Minhyuk's number? Yes, BTOB's Minhyuk. Call him and let him know. Ask him to bring her to the hospital. I'll be there asap. Thank you so much.'

N hung up and turned to their manager again. 'He said that she out for a moment. Hyung, I need to go first. Help me tell the kids.'

 


 

[A/N] I've finally decided to be mean haha. I personally feel that this chapter wasn't that good, I'll do something about it. Hehe. Sorry >< (I was finishing this on the car trips in Thailand haha)(so my brain wasn't working that well) I'll try my very best to cover up for the lackingness of this chapter in the next chapter. (I know I keep saying that I'll try my best, but I really will try to try my best) (I'm not making sense at all)

Thank you so much for the subscribers and comments and upvote! OMG 52 Subscribers. Thank you so so so so so much :D

I just came back from Thailand LOL. And my grandma cancelled the family dinner tonight so I'm able to update this. Actually I'm suppose to be transferring the videos for my mom right now and she's asking me why I'm taking forever. But nah. 

Still extremely annoyed that I missed SBS Gayo Daejun and their live performances cos the hotel didn't have free wifi. (Like it needed $14 per day) And then for KBS Gayo Daejun I'll be in Malaysia and the wifi isn't exactly fond of me. So I guess I'll go cry in a corner and wait for youtube.

Comments, Subscribes are always welcomed! (An upvotes too xD) Thank you so much for your support so far :D Especially the comments woohoo ^^ (and subscribers and upvoters ahahaha)

I honestly have no idea when will be the next update, so here's an extremely early Merry Christmas!