Chapter 20

This Is Then Counted
Leo was woken up by the sound of the passcode being keyed in, and the clicking of the door. He looked at you to find you still asleep in his arms, and seeing that you were in the exact position as the previous night, it showed that you did not wake up at all. However, something caught his attention. You were burning up. 
 
He quickly sat up, making sure not to disturb you, while he placed his hand on your forehead. . 
 
'Oh Taekwoon.' He turned to find N by the room door. It was obvious that he rushed over immediately after his drama filming ended, his hair still styled slightly and his make up not yet removed. 'How is she?'
 
'She's running a fever. A very high fever.' Leo quickly got up of your bed, letting N take over, while he stood next to him. 
 
N took note of your room as he spotted the bottle of pills on your table. At least it didn't turn crazy when Taekwoon is here. 'I'll go get ice towels.' N nodded and had his attention back at you. I thought it was gone. But now, you're going through everything again. When it's all my fault. 
 
Leo did not waste any time as he soon returned with a small bucket of iced water and small towels, and helped N with it. 'What happened? Don't leave anything out, but I don't want to hear what Jaehwan did again.' 
 
'She locked herself in the room, and then she screamed.' Leo did not actually felt comfortable recalling everything that happened to you the day before, but he had to. N is your brother. 'The shaking did not stop until she went unconscious, then I brought her back here.'
 
'How long was the relapse until she fainted?' There were no signs of energy from N's voice at all as he asked Leo while attending to you. 
 
'A few minutes, around three to five?' He noticed N's hand stopping for a moment, and then he nodded, while Leo continued. 'She didn't wake up until Minhyuk came. Then I left.'
 
'At night?'
 
'When I reached, he wasn't here anymore.' Do I talk about the lights?
 
'Just say everything.'
 
'The lights were all switched on in the entire house other than her room.'
 
'The lamp only?'
 
'Yeah. When I called her, she screamed again. I didn't know that she would-'
 
'It's okay.'
 
'Then she just cried and cried. She wasn't shaking last night.'
 
'That's all?' Leo nodded. 'At least it wasn't as bad last night.' He nodded again slightly. 
 
After quite some time, N finally turned to look at Leo, with his hands still holding tightly onto yours. 'She was fine with you?' Fine? 'Like, as in, did it get worse?' Leo slowly shook his head as he thought about it. 'It got better at night right?' He nodded. 'Taekwoon ah, thank you so much.'
 
'Mm.' Leo badly wanted to ask him what was wrong with you, but he knew that there was a time for it, and it has to wait. 
 
'You should go back first. The kids must be worried too. Just tell them that she's fine.'
 
'Okay.'
 
'But that doesn't mean that they can come over. I meant it when I said that I'll kill anyone of them who comes over.' 
 
'Okay.'
 
'...Thanks.' N had his eyes on you again as Leo left. How is it that you're fine with Taekwoon? ... Or is it 'cos we're of the same age? 
 
 
 
Leo saw Minhyuk at the lift lobby of your block, and merely nodded at him. Before Leo could leave, Minhyuk grabbed onto his arm. 'Thank you.'
 
 
 
N heard the door click just as he was done with changing you into a new set of clothes as the ones you were wearing were getting drenched in sweat. 'You're here.' Without turning to look at the door, he knew who came. 
 
'She hasn't woken up?' N shook his head. And there was silence. 'That means it'll start soon right?' And your brother hesitantly nodded his head. 
 
Minhyuk quickly moved all the breakable items from your room to the living room, and made sure that there were more pillows and blankets on your bed. Everything that was within your reach was removed, but he left a few soft toys by your night-table instead of the lamp.
 
 
 
'Hyung, don't you think that it's better for you to-' Minhyuk, who stood rooted to your room door, gestured for N to move out of the room, but N stayed put on your bed. 'But hyung, she'll-'
 
'If it really happens, I'll get out then.'
 
'Hyung, you know it always happen.'
 
Just then, they heard the ruffling of your blanket and both of them froze as they watched you. 
 
You were hit with a sharp headache as you tried opening your eyes, and your throat was parched. However, you still managed to open them, but you wished you did not instead. Your breathing immediately hitched, even though your eyes were already snapped shut. It was happening again, and all three of you saw it coming. 
 
'Yeon-ah-' N whispered as he lifted his hand to pat you, but the moment his hand landed on your shoulder, you screamed.
 
'Hyung get out. Quick. She-' N shook his head as he was determined to stay with you. He went closer to you, but it got an unwanted reaction instead.
 
'Yeon-ie...' Your hands were also starting to shake, and you could not stop your erratical breathing. Oppa, please. Just go. You hung your head low as you edged backwards towards the headboard. But N still remained with you. 
 
N watched as your trembling hands reached for the pillow right next to you and you flung it at him. 'Hyung!' 
 
'No, just a lit-'
 
'Get out!' You shouted as you flung another pillow aimlessly at N, missing him by a lot. And with that, he finally retreated out of your room. 
 
They closed the door and could hear the faint sound of things being thrown against the wall, but they had already switched hard objects to pillows and soft toys so at least they did not have to worry about you injuring yourself. However, there was still the hard part. Which was getting close to you. 
 
It has honestly been quite some time since your last major relapse, and the both of them were actually more frantic then they were supposed to be. 
 
The both of them looked at each other in silence. 'It's still this bad?' Minhyuk asked softly to which N nodded. 'But hyung, I know that I can't go close 'cos she'll remember the stabbing, but you?'
 
'You tell me who wasn't even there to take care of his own sister when everything happened.' N sighed and raked his fingers through his hair frustratedly. 'She's still running a fever but we can't get close to her. She's going to go unconscious soon.' N muttered as he look at the clock. 
 
'But this will just go on and we won't be able to get her to eat her pills.'
 
'I'll call Taekwoon to come over again.'
 
'Taekwoon?'
 
'He can do it. I don't know how but he can.'
 
 
 
Leo immediately answered his call on the first ring. And unfortunately, he heard news which was the total opposite of what he wanted to hear. 
 
 
 
 
'The both of us just can't do it. And we need to get her to eat her pills. Why did the doctor even give pills instead of syrup how does he think that we're going to successfully make her swallow the pill.' Minhyuk rattled on and the second sentence got a disapproving look from N. 
 
'Her pills, and try to get her to calm down. Both her fever and everything.' 
 
Leo opened the door to your room while the other two stayed a safe distance away. You were asleep again, and Leo noticed that your room was in a mess, pillows were everywhere, and it was totally different from how he left it that morning. 
 
He continued switching the towels, occasionally leaving the room to get more ice, and updating the two males outside. But all it were was just 'She's still asleep.'
 
 
 
After quite some time, you finally opened your eyes again, with that ever so familiar headache striking you again. Leo was contemplating whether or not to call you first, since it has always been garnering a negative response, so he just kept quiet while he watched you. 
 
You glanced around your room slowly, and found Leo by your bed, but surprisingly, nothing came to you. No irregular breathing, no trembling, no screaming, no nothing. 'Oppa?' You said softly, unsure if you even said it out for him to hear.
 
'Awake?' Leo asked as he saw that you were actually remaining calm, and could hear your voice cracking. You nodded slightly.
 
N and Minhyuk heard Leo spoke and immediately froze, awaiting for the worse. But there was no scream heard. Minhyuk turned to N sharply, but N merely placed his finger on his lips, signalling for Minhyuk to keep quiet. 
 
Your mind was blank as and your head was heavy as you looked around blankly, feeling the after effects of the fever you had. You looked at the pills Leo had in his hand which he reached out to you, and as you had nothing going through your mind as to what was happening, you blindly took it. 
 
The both of you remained in silence as Leo had his eyes glued on you, while you stared into blank space. But at least, you did not get a relapse again. 'Hyung do we go i-'
 
'Shh. We'll wait.'
 
Leo wanted to check if you still had your fever, but was afraid to touch you as he figured out that your relapses had something to do with males and contact, and he could never be too sure about anything. 
 
 
 
After nearly half an hour of Leo watching you staring into space, he saw a change in the look in your eyes as you blinked twice. The pills had finally taken its effect on you, and at last, you were able to think clearer. You pulled onto Leo's shirt lightly. 'Where's Hakyeon oppa? I want Hakyeon oppa...' 
 
'Okay, I'll go get him. Wait for a while okay?' With that, Leo immediately stood up and went to call N.
 
 
 
You looked at N who stopped at your door. Why isn't he coming in? And then you realised. 'Oppa...' N could see tears b in your eyes as you continued looking at him. You opened your arms slightly, and that was when he finally went towards you, engulfing you in a hug with his arms tightly wrapped around you. 
 
With that, you cried again, but this time not because of fear. It was relief, and comfort, that he was finally here with you. 'It's okay... Just cry all you want... Oppa is here...' N gently patted your head as he felt your tears soaking through his shirt, while he himself also felt the urge to cry, but held it back so as to not make you feel even more sad.
 
You finally stopped crying, but remained within his embrace as you hugged onto him too. It wasn't often that you get to be with N, especially once he started training, and after debut, there was still not much time. Even though he was an annoying brother to you, you actually missed him a lot, mostly when Minhyuk was there instead of him. 
 
'Are you done with soaking my shirt?' You punched his chest lightly while he chuckled. You could hear his voice being hoarse though. 
 
'Nope. I still have to apply detergent and throw it into the washing machine and make sure the stains don't come out. Ever.' You smiled as you continued to rest your head on his chest.
 
'Yeon-ah.' N lifted your face to look at him as he placed his hands on your cheeks. 'Are you feeling okay?' You nodded. 'You sure?' You nodded again. 'Really?'
 
'You're annoying.' You dug your face back into N's chest as you hugged tightly onto him. 'Hakyeon oppa. Can I sleep with you tonight?'
 
 
 
Leo watched you siblings silently, and remembered the times when N would just feel moody all of a sudden and take out a picture of the both of you. Just then, he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see Minhyuk who gestured him to go over. 
 
'I think too much have happened for any of us to not tell you anything about what happened and you'll probably kill me if I don't.' Minhyuk said as he sat down on the couch. 
 
Leo looked at Minhyuk who paused. 'I'm listening.'
 
'Well, um. You know her friend Jinhye right?' Minhyuk continued after seeing the Leo's default expression. 'She had this friend, maybe not much of a friend, more of an acquaintace, who saw Minyeon.'
 
'He just started sticking to her, and at first, she did not suspect him, until he started being touchy. His hands would keep touching her, and as she never had such, em, interaction before, it was just traumatic. But I was always with her before he could actually do anything. Hakyeon hyung was busy training that time, so he actually did not know of it until the major thing happened.' Major thing. I don't think I really want to know. 
 
'Can I skip the details of the touching. I'll just skip it. So. I think he was getting frustrated and mad that Minyeon actually doesn't like him, and that there was always someone to stop him from his advances, and was even more angry at me. So, there was one day he appeared after quite an absence, and pushed her- I don't really feel good saying all these out. Can I skip this too?' Minhyuk looked at Leo. 'I'll just try to briefly. Say it. Like. He just lashed out on her and tried to kiss her by force until I pulled him away. Usually it would just end there, but who knew that that maniac would have prepared a knife that day. And.' Minhyuk paused again. 'I was fine actually. But she saw the knife plunge into here.' He pointed to the right ride of his stomach.  
 
'I had to attend to her first, so I tried not to pay attention to the pain from the wound, but I did not notice how distraught she was that day. I should have known, that she would certainly not be fine after seeing the knife going in, but I just didn't realize. Her eyes were totally blanked out that day, and the relapse did not come immediately after she screamed. I did not know what on earth made me think that she was a 'lil bit normal.' Leo had this uncertain feeling that Minhyuk was kind of dragging the story, and that his expression was turning worse while he looked away and played with his fingers. 'I brought her home, and I was in the kitchen with her, looking for bandages and also her pills. Until. She took a knife and did it to herself.'
 



[A/N] DUMDUMDUMDUM Chapter 20 is up! By the way, I have edited the past two chapters, though you guys probably might not have seen the difference oops. 

Hope that this chapter was fine, though it was mostly N and Minyeon. Thank you so much for the subscribes and comments again!

Here's a short Author's Note since I have math competition tomorrow oops. 
Do keep the subscribes and comments coming in!!! 

<3

(I kind of posted the foreword of a new fic, but I have no idea when i'll post the first chapter but do check it out if you're free!  -> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/963022/but-i-like-you-you-vixx-ravi-ken-jaehwan-wonshik  

Thank you <3