Chapter 22

This Is Then Counted
 
 
'Back~ Who-A!' Hongbin exclaimed as he tripped over something and landed on the ground. Fortunately, he shot out his arms just in time, saving his face. 'Who on earth placed this cushion here?' He stared at the cushion lying on the ground in disgust before snatching it up. 
 
'Wait, hyung! There's a paper beneath it.' 
 
'I'm sorry Binie oppa, you didn't land on your face right? Please say you didn't or else I'm going to get killed.' Hongbin got the note from Hyuk and read it out. 'Oh, it's from Minyeon. What's with her?' Minyeon? 
 
'There's another cushion there.' Hyuk said as he reached out to check immediately if there was another note beneath it. 'Have Jaehwan oppa seen the cake in the fridge yet?' Hyuk turned to see Ken frozen with the fridge door opened in front of him. Yeah, yeah he did
 
'And get Wonshik oppa to wake up to sing the song for Jaehwan oppa. All of you. Quick. Is it 12 yet.' Hongbin read out the third note. They smiled. Our Minyeon's back
 
They soon crowded around Ken who was still staring at the cake in the fridge. 'The electricity is running.' N said as he grabbed the cake out in Ken's stead and placed it on the table. And there was another note on the cake. 
 
     Happy Birthday to You,
     Happy Birthday to You,
     Happy Birthday to Jaehwan oppa,
     Happy Birthday to You!
          - Pigyeonie <3
 
'Jaehwan hyung, it's not like you've never seen a cake before, come on! Stop staring. In 3, 2, 1!' Ravi counted down and all of them began to sing the birthday song for Ken, for what seems like the umpteenth time that day, not like it mattered to anyone anyways.
 
 
 
'Jaehwan hyung! I think you'll want to see this.' Hongbin shouted from the room.
 
There's something else? Ken immediately rushed in to find a Chopper soft toy and a pastel blue envelope on his pillow. And without thinking twice, he ripped it open. 
 
     Jaehwan oppa,
 
     Firstly, Happy Birthday!
 
     How was the cake? I'm not sure if the cake suits you but I tried my best! (Who can't not like chocolate? Hehe) But do let me know if it was too sweet or anything! 
 
Isn't she just baking a chocolate cake since she likes it herself? Ken smiled. 
 
     How was your day today? And the fanmeet? Hope that you had fun and tons of gifts! (Though mine should be the bestest and nicest!) (Hey, who gets a cake and a toy from the same person) You'll only get this day once in 365 days, so do cherish it! (I hope that you get this before your birthday end though, I already asked Hakyeon oppa to be back by 12) (If it's past 12 already, you can always adjust the clock. Shhh, nobody knows I said that)
 
     And Jaehwan oppa, don't worry, I think I'm okay already. Stop looking so gloomy! And let me know if any one of the oppa is still blaming you for it. I'll punch them in the guts! (Though next time you can just tell me if there's something on my face. Heh.)
 
     Happy Birthday Jaehwan oppa!
 
     - Pig/Minyeonie <3 
 
Taekwoon hyung got a really nice one. How can she be so, kind and forgiving? / The heart at the end is honestly unnecessary. 
 
'So she baked that cake by herself?' Hyuk asked, still munching onto the piece of chocolate cake he had.
 
'Yeah. And to clarify, her thinking that she's okay doesn't mean anything at all until I say so. So whatever I said about no contact still applies.' But what about Taekwoon hyung? How and why can he hold her hands just like that? It's unfair! N looked at Ken who was staring at him. 'What? Why are you looking at me like that.' 
 
'Why is she so nice?' 
 
'Maybe 'cos she's my younger sister.' Hmpth. 
 
'And I might even start liking her.' Ken whispered to Leo as he hugged onto his new Chopper soft toy, before making a quick escape. Wait, since when did he know too? 
 
 

 

You squirmed under your blankets as you waited for the other end to pick up the call. I should really stop behaving weirdly. It's just a calllll. 
 
 
 
'Hello?' Leo heard ruffling sounds, and then finally heard your voice. 
 
'Taekwoon oppa?' He felt his heart skip a beat when you called him that. It has been ages since you last said it as you did not talk to any of them for quite some time already. 
 
'Mmhmm?'
 
What do I say what do I sayyyyy. More ruffling was heard. What's with her? 'I'm sorry oppa.' What? What for? 'The three weeks is almost up and we didn't do much because of my relapse.' You were jabbing your teddy bear as you spoke into the phone, nervous for no reason at all. 
 
Oh. Yeah. Leo could not say that he had completely forgotten about it, but it was not like he paid attention to it anyways with most of his time spent worrying about you. The evaluation was in two days.
 
'I don't think Hakyeon oppa will allow though. Since my condition is still unstable and I'm not quite sure if I can, um,' You had no idea how to phrase yourself. You doubt that you could withstand going over to their place yet, and you don't think N will let Leo over to your place either. And even if N does allow, you did not know if anything will happen, seeing that Leo is still a guy. Well, that's what you thought. You tried getting out of your blankets as it was getting stuffy, but found yourself tangled in it.
 
On the other hand, Leo could only hear ruffling sounds again, and had no idea if he was supposed to be worried or amused. Just then, he heard something drop onto the ground through the phone. 'Min? Min-ah?'
 
'Ah, yeah. Sorry oppa, my pillow dropped onto the ground.' And you coughed. 
 
She should really stop making me worried with everything she does. Your coughing did not stop. 'Drink water.'
 
'O-' Coughs. 'kay.' There was a pause heard while you grabbed your cup of water off your side table. You still have yet to get used to talking this much, plus it was Leo you were talking to. 'But what do we do about the assingment? I'm really sorry oppa...'
 
'It's okay. Are you sick?'
 
'Huh? No, it's just, dry. Can we just use Friday? But will there be too little lines for you then?'
 
'I can figure my way out, maybe add some lines when you're doing your part. It should be fine.'
 
'Do you think we can do it without practicing together?' You asked warily. What if he thinks that my standard is too bad for him? What if I screw up everything? I've already done enough ruining of people's lives. 
 
Leo thought back to how you did on the very first day. 'Of course we can. You're great at singing. Don't worry too much about it. And don't panic. I don't want you to get sick.'
 
'Okay. See you tomorrow oppa!'
 
'See you.'
 
 

 

You eyed N who was nagging at Ken who seemed to have left something behind in the dorm, and afer making sure that he was not paying attention to you, you edged closer to Ravi and Hyuk.
 
Ravi froze when he felt you poke his arm. Yah, this kid. Hakyeon hyung's gonna kill me if- Pokes. You paused and waited. Nothing is coming. You turned to Hyuk and poked him too. Nope, nothing. And then you grabbed onto his hand, with Hyuk's eyes widening as you touched him. Still nothing. 
 
A smile crept up your lips as you squeezed his hands in yours, while Leo was already staring bullets into them. 'Aww yeah!' You exclaimed, and before anyone knew what was happening, you jumped and had Hyuk in a head lock as you hooked your arm around his neck. Him bending down tons to meet your height. 'It's gone! Oppa it's gone! I'm fineee woohoo!' But that got you coughing again as you let Hyuk go. 
 
'YAH CHA MINYEON.' N shouted as he saw what you did to Hyuk. 'ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND.'
 
Hyuk patted your back gently as you took the bottle of water from his hands. 'I'm fine already oppa!'
 
'Yeah I can see that but tone it down missy. I don't want you to start killing any of them again.' You pouted. 
 
'Since when do I kill them? See, they're all standing here healthily,' You looked at all of them, 'Eyeing me like I'm a strange alien.' You grinned. 'Hey, I'm fine already stop looking at me like I'm some venomous plant.' You jabbed Hyuk, who was standing right next to you, in the ribs and laughed.
 
'Now she's too noisy.' You stuck out your tongue at Ravi while the rest of them smiled at you. You had to make sure that you were fully fine before the evaluation later on, and you were glad that you were back to normal.
 
However, Leo was a teeny bit annoyed with your interaction with Hyuk, but shrugged it off. She's back, and that's what's most important. Other than the fact that she's being overly friendly with Sanghyuk.
 
 
 
'You sure you're fine?' You nodded to Leo as the teacher came in.
 
'I don't think my nerve system will last though if we get the last slot.' You never had a thing for being the last to present. You would go crazy waiting, and by the end of it, your nails would probably be peeled off. Back when you attended school with Jinhye, she would always have to volunteer to be the first or second to present with you, to save you from all the suffering of waiting. 'And I don't think I can look at them.' Oh crap. I forgot about that. Your fingers were already fiddling with each other anxiously. 'And it's not like they're little kids. Or that I can backface them-'
 
Leo held onto your hands again to make you look at him. He was starting to do that a lot. Of all things, you forget about her being afraid of the attention. 'Just, take it as they're not there.'
 
He caught you glaring at him for a brief second. This little brat. 'That sounds really simple.' You muttered sarcastically.
 
'You. Little. Bear.' You eyed Leo. Bear? 'Okay. Then, look at Jaehwan.'
 
'He's not nice to look at.' You said without thinking.
 
'Hey I heard that Piggy.' You turned to him stuck your tongue out.
 
Leo tugged at your hands and you looked back at him. Just when Leo was about to say something again, you stopped him.
 
'Wait, I can do it.' I'll just try to picture something. And wipe out everyone in the classroom. If that's not possible, then I can always look at Jaehwan oppa then. Without him noticing that is. 'Yepp. I can do it.'
 
 
 
Fortunately for you, Leo drew the third slot, which did not require you to wait for long until it was your turn. But either ways, you were soon panicking again as it neared the end of the second song, and Leo saw your hand doing the fumbling thing again. 'Calm down. You're great at singing. Don't worry.' And you really should have trusted him when he was the one who told you that you were great at singing. It would calm your nerves down a lot and save you from unnecessary worrying.
 
The piano by the room looked really tempting to you, but you went against it. The thought of getting bonus marks were good, but you did not want the piano to cover your voice instead, seeing that you did not know how well you could project your voice in the room without the microphone. Well, he did kind of say that it's negligible? So you gave up on the piano. It will be one less thing to worry about anyways. 
 
As soon as the music started, the room fell silent. Okay, pay attention to anything but the audience. 
 
He’s probably busy on Monday
Tuesday seems too soon, don’t you think?
Wednesday feels kind of awkward
I don’t like Thursday for some reason

 
Yes piggy, show them what you've got. Ken grinned as he saw the astonished looks on some of your classmates' faces. 
 
This Friday
How is this Friday?
 
The harmony. This is crazy. Someone should really film this down and show it to our CEO or something.  
 
It’s too hard to wait till the weekend
Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock (mind control)

Each minute, each second is so sweet
What is this man?
I can’t help but to fall in love
All day, my heart rides on that clock hand
Getting closer to you with each tick

Okay, this is disturbing, why is she looking at me like that. And Taekwoon hyung should tone it down with the staring. Everyone's going to find out if he continues to stare at Piggy like that. 
 
This Friday
How is this Friday?
 
They are crazy. I'm going crazy. 
 

Although there isn’t a movie I really want to see
Although there isn’t anything I really want to eat

It’s too hard to wait till the weekend
Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock (mind control)

Each minute, each second is so sweet
What is this man?
I can’t help but to fall in love
All day, my heart rides on that clock hand
Getting closer to you with each tick

Leo froze for a second when he saw your eyes glistened when you looked at him. You didn't even notice what you were doing as you continued to sing while looking at him. While Ken was probably the only one going mad watching the both of you. Audience awareness please! Guys! You're not alone!!! 

It feels like something’s come over me
What is this girl?
I can’t help but love her

Let’s meet this coming Friday
Take all of my heart on that day


It shruck Ken. She likes him too? They are so so so so freaking screwed. 

Closer, closer, come closer

His heart was beating like mad as the song ended, while he kept thinking back to the moment you looked straight at him. The way you looked at him was different as to when you started off by looking at Ken. He could hear the difference too, but it's impossible, she doesn't like me, does she? He was not the only one, you felt butterflies fluttering in your stomach as you were grinning stupidly. . What have I done. How did I even sing it, to him?  

This is pure madness. Taekwoon hyung can definitely tell from her eyes. Heck, they were looking straight at each other how can he miss it! 

Everyone clapped and cheered, and the both of you immediately snapped out of it. 'I thought I said that you're not suppose to pair- Oh wait.' The teacher paused. 'Wait. Wait. Minyeon you're not a singer?' You shook your head. 'You sure?' The teacher was frantically flipping through the namelist. I was sure I said that singers are not supposed to- Oh. She really isn't one. 'Okay. Great job. The both of you.' 

 

It's highly impossible that she likes me back. It doesn't even make sense. / Could he tell? Was it obvious? Crap this is why I can't sing looking at anyone! I'm just going to deny if anyone asks. Nope. I don't like him. I don't. You could still felt the squirmy feeling in your tummy. But does she really? It's not like I can ask her right? / . I like him. I like Taekwoon oppa.

Ken saw that the both of you were silent as you made your way back to your seat. Now their brains are so messed up. Yeah, they should be. Hakyeon hyung's going to kill them if he finds out. 

'Hyung.' There was no response. 'Hyung, Taekwoon hyung.' Leo finally turned to Ken. 'How did you find time to practice that with her?' Wasn't the past few weeks spent with her quarantined by Hakyeon hyung?

'We didn't.'

'You didn't?!'

'Maybe once?' If you include the very first time. 

'Once?' Ken shook his head in disbelief. Screwed. 

 

 

'Pa!' 
 
'Stop calling me that. You're making me older than necessary.' 
 
'What's wrong with enunciating the second syllabus? Hakyeon O-PPA!' You were back to your hyper self and the dorm was soon filled with your bickerings with N and the others. Not to mention, you decided to ignore your feelings for Leo, carrying on with whatever you were doing, not wanting your relationship with him to be affected. Other than the constant butterflies you were getting when you were with him, you tried hard not to randomly grin like a mentally disabled kid. Leo, on the other hand, was having second thoughts as to whether you really like him, seeing that you were behaving like usual.
 
You handed your phone over to N and quickly stuck your ear next to it as he answered the call. 
 
'Ahjusshi!'
 
'What's with you kids and your of calling me old names.'
 
Jinhye ignored what he said. 'Can me and Min go on a one day getaway? Miyoung's coming over!' 
 
'Yeah why not. Since when do you ask me for permission.'
 
'Well, I was wondering if we can get a driver?' Driver? I heard nothing about having a driver though?
 
'What for?' 
 
'It's not convenient to travel using public transport! Can't we just have a nice relaxing trip for a day? Please!'
 
'More like destroying the driver's earbuds on the way there.' Oops. 
 
'Can can?'
 
'When?'
 
'Tomorrow!' 
 
'What's with you girls and your impromptu dates. By driver you mean not me right? Since you would have asked for me straight away.' N turned to look at you while he continued the call.
 
'What? The driver was Jin's idea! I only know that she wants to hang out with Young tomorrow!' 
 
'Yeah. I haven't told Min about anything so don't start blaming her.'
 
'Okay. Fine.' N turned to you again, addressing both you, and Jinhye through the phone. 'I have schedules on tomorrow so I can't make it anyways. Don't be too happy about it. I'll be checking with your driver so don't try anything illegal.' You nodded.
 
'So who's the driver?' 
 
'Jaehwan has his drama tomorrow too. And the only one left is Wonshik. You guys fine with him?' 
 
'Okay!'
 
'Then that's fine. Though I honestly think I should be the one checking if he's fine with you.' N cringed as he thought back to the previous time which he was your driver. It was complete mayhem in the car. 
 
'What? We're harmless innocent girls.'
 
'Yeah right. Anything else other than a driver?'
 
Now, let's hope that Ahjusshi will fall for it. 'Mmm. Do we need someone to come along too? Since Min just had a relapse not too long ago? In case anything happens so she'll be taken care off?'
 
'Then that's just me and Minhyuk.' N paused. 'And Taekwoon.' Yes, go on~ / What's with Jin? It's not stopping at the driver? She wants Taekwoon oppa to come along too? 'You want Taekwoon to come along?'
 
Come along? Me? Where? 'Well, if that's fine with him? Since it's better to be safe than to be sorry? And our driver wouldn't be lonely?' Jinhye was slurring her words more than necessary.
 
N thought for a moment. That's true. 'Okay. But then, Hyukie will be the only one left. Since Jaehwan and I and Bin have our own drama schedules. Can he come along?'
 
'Why not! Will the car be big enough?'
 
'You and your driver and the car and the getaway.' N sighed. 'It's only for this once okay? Yes, I'll take care of the car.'
 
'Oh yeah! Thank you Ahjusshi! I'll tell Min the plan for tomorrow later! Bye!'
 
'Bye!'
 
 
N looked at you as he handed your phone back. 'I had no idea what Jin was planning. At all.' You said in defense, and N could tell from your shocked expression. Your supposedly one day getaway with two of your bestest girl friends just got bombarded with three dudes. 
 
'Yeah, I know. But now. We're suppose to tell the three involved. And Taekwoon, if he agrees that is, will probably die on the car trip before you reach anywhere if you guys do your jamming.' You laughed. The previous time N agreed to be your driver, he was badly traumatised by how you three girls partied in the car, oblivious to your surroundings and how hard N was trying to pay attention to the road. 'You do the telling or me?'
 
'I'll just do the intro since you were the one who actually agreed to selling off three of your members to Jin.' N knocked your head while you laughed again. 
 
 
You looked at the three of them whom N successfully gathered in the room. 'Sooo, oppas, Jin, and my other friend, and I are going out tomorrow.' You turned to N.
 
'That's it? That's your intro?' You nodded. Even you yourself found it ridiculous. 
 
'Can you siblings stop being weird and get to the point.' You threw a pillow at Ravi.
 
'So, Jinhye talked to me. And she asked for a driver.' Both Hyuk and Leo looked at Ravi.
 
'What? Why are you looking at me like that. Hakyeon hyung can drive too!'
 
'But I'm not free tomorrow, so Wonshik you'll be their driver.'
 
'That's Jin's plan.' You added.
 
'And then Taekwoon,' Now that you knew, you found it even harder to look at him in the eyes, but since you never did to begin with, it did not gather much suspicion. 'Jinhye said that the driver will be lonely so you have to come along, which is also for prevention in case Yeonie gets a relapse.'
 
'That too is Jin's idea.' You clarified.
 
'Quiet.' N knocked your head again while you pouted. 'And then Hyukie. Since you'll be left alone if the both of them go, so I asked and she said that it's alright for you to come along too. You guys okay with it?' 
 
As expected, Hyuk agreed willingly, while Ravi agreed not so willingly. Driver? Hmpth. 'Taekwoon?' Say yes! 
 
'Okay.' 
 
'Okay now that that's settled. Things to watch out. Since I went with them before. Don't belittle these three girls. They are madness.'
 
'No we're not.'
 
'Wonshik. Don't get too excited okay. Pay attention to the road. Like extra attention. Bring earplugs if necessary.' Earplugs? 
 
'Jin's gonna kill you if she heard that.'
 
'Shh. And Taekwoon-ah.' N sighed. 'It's 100% Jinhye's idea, not mine. Don't blame me for getting you on the car. It's going to be torturous.' Torturous? You saw Leo looking at you.
 
'Well, it's not going to be that baddd... I think.'
 
'Yeah right. And Hyukie. You can have fun but just don't cause trouble.'
 
 
 
'You guys are going out with Jinhye again without me?' Hongbin heard everything from outside the room and confronted Ravi immediately when N came out.
 
'It's not my fault! You have your drama filming tomorrow!' 
 
'It's unfair for Taekwoon hyung to go!' 
 
'Well, we're talking about your scheming crush and her wonderful plotting of plans. You get to see her in class everyday anyways.'
 
'And that applies to Taekwoon hyung too!'
 
'Maybe get a driver license and lesser schedules and you can probably take my place the next time.'
 
 

 

[A/N] It wasn't bad was it? I don't know anymore /rips hair off.

Hope that this chapter was okay! Hehehehe. Thank you for the subscribes and commentsss!

This chapter is like longer than usual but I hope that it wasn't too messy with the load of stuff I threw in xD

Subscribe and Comment Comment Comment!

Thank you and Love you <3