Chapter 19

This Is Then Counted
You stared at your pile of 'holiday' homework on the table, while the remaining members did their own things around the dorm. It was the term's break, and you all had one week off school, but that did not mean anything, except for the influx of assignments to complete. 
 
But then again, what were you doing at the dorm instead of working on the music assignment with Leo at your house? Simple, someone was not in the mood again. 
 
 
 
Leo had his eyes glued onto the wallpaper for ages, when it suddenly vibrated. 
 
From: Minyeonie :)
 
Really? What's with the ':)'? Even I don't put that. 
 
     Sanghyuk oppa! Guess what! We didn't get Jaehwan oppa's present in the end xD
 
Leo tried to digest what you meant. Wait. So they went out, for a whole day, and did not get the present? What exactly were they doing? 
 
The phone vibrated again.
 
     Oppa why are you not replying when you read the message? You can't be asleep right since the message is being read unless it's like someone else? Oops.
 
*Buzzbuzz*
 
     Never mind, maybe you can give Jaehwan oppa one of the shirts you got today or something. Hehehe. 
 
 
 
Why isn't Han Sanghyuk replying me when he read the message! Or did he left it unlock on the floor while charging? But-
 
Your phone vibrated. 
 
From: Taekwoon Oppa
     Let's just skip tomorrow. We'll work on the song the day after that. 
 
Hmm. Okay? 
 
 
 
Why on earth is this hyung ignoring her again? Ken looked at Leo and then at you. She's already starting to feel it.
 
And you did. Leo did not respond to you when you said 'hi' the moment you stepped into the dorm, and you shook it off as him having some problems in mind. And then during lunch, everyone else, and by everyone else it was Hongbin, Ravi, and Ken, was babbling off, while Leo seemed out of sorts. He was not even judging the younger members. Meanwhile, N and Hyuk was out for their postponed Hitmaker schedules.
 
Ravi and Ken noticed Leo's weird behaviour, while Hongbin caught a little of it. But Ken was the only one who decided to do something. It's not going to be nice if this goes on for a week again and ends up with them getting injured and falling sick. What's with this hyung really? Jealousy management issues? 
 
Then to get him to stop his childish act, let's fight fire with fire. 
 
 
 
'Minyeon-ah.' You turned away from your books to Ken. 
 
'Hmm?' All of a sudden, he leaned in towards you and his face stopped inches away from yours. W-What on earth is he doing? You could slowly feel your chest getting stuffy, and felt as though the air is gradually being out of your lungs. He held your chin up while he leaned further in, not removing his eyes from your face at all as you froze on the spot. 
 
Right in the next moment, Ken was pulled away sharply by the collar by an extremely furious Leo, which you did not notice. 'What on earth do you think you're doing!' 
 
'I thought there was something on her face hyung.' Ken said calmly, as he looked back at Leo. He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill me. 
 
However, none of them realized as you clutched onto your shirt, trying to stop the pain from your heart as it began to beat even faster by the second, your hands trembling. 
 
'Minyeon?' Only with Hongbin mentioning your name, their attention then shifted to you, while you immediately rushed into the room and locked the door behind you. 
 
'O-Oppa! Stop it! W-what are you doing!' You stammered as he pinned you to the wall, his face inches away from yours with his hand under your chin. 
 
You could feel his free arm wrapping around your waist, pulling you closer to him, as he frowned at you. 'Why, why don't you like me back? I've had enough-'
 
'You bastard!' As usual, Minhyuk came, and he grabbed onto him and flung him onto the ground, while your legs give way. 
 
No, Cha Minyeon. Stop thinking about it. Stop. Don't get to the next part. Nothing happened. Just now was just Jaehwan oppa. He thought that there was something on your face. It wasn't like the last time. It's okay. It's fine. 
 
But then, Minhyuk was tackled with a punch in the face, and horror ensued. A loud scream was heard as you saw the knife went into his body. The scream was the last thing heard from you for ages. 
 
 
 
All 4 males froze when they heard you scream from within the room. They could not even bring themselves to move their feet which was rooted to the ground. Leo immediately got back to his senses, but with his hands shaking. 
 
He was getting extremely frustrated as he could not insert the key into the door lock properly despite a few tries, until Ravi quickly took over. 
 
 
 
You were found crouched down in the corner of the room, with your hands tightly covering your ears, while your body shook badly. 
 
'Min? Minyeon-ah?' Leo immediately rushed over to you, while the others stoned by the door. 'Min-ah it's okay, shhh... Calm down...' It was much more serious than the previous time outside, and Leo could tell. However, he did not know what he should do, and the only thing he did was to hug onto you while he gently patted your back. 'It's okay Minyeon, everything's fine...'
 
'H-Hyung.' Leo turned to Hongbin who was by the door, and you gripped tightly onto his shirt, your condition not improving at all. 'Hakyeon hyung didn't pick up.' 
 
'Minhyuk.' Leo hugged you tighter, That person freaking said that it wouldn't happen. 'Shhh... It's okay...' 
 
 
 
'Minhyuk hyung? Minyeon-' Ravi grabbed the phone over from Hongbin.
 
'Had a relapse. Jaehwan hyung did it. What do we do hyung? She screamed and she's shak-'
 
'She screamed?!'
 
'Yes hyung and-' . This. Is bad. 'Taekwoon hyung is with her-'
 
'All of you guys to stay away from her other than Taekwoon, NO sharp objects. Pills! Get her pills from her bag quick!' 
 
'Pills?' Ravi quickly went to the dining table. And froze. 'She didn't bring any bag!'
 
'That- Hakyeon hyung. Hakyeon hyung's table or anywhere prominent. Blue bottle. Her name is labelled on it. Two pills. Hurry!' Ravi was already fumbling through N's table as he kept in mind what Minhyuk said. 
 
'Blu-'
 
 
 
'Min? Minyeon?' Ravi turned to look at Leo. 
 
Leo continued patting you gently, until he suddenly felt you go limp against him. It was not even a gradual reduction of your trembling. No improvements were made, until everything just stopped all of a sudden. 'Minyeon-ah?' 
 
Minhyuk could hear Leo through the phone, and panicked. 'Hand the phone over to Taekwoon!'
 
'H-Hyung-' Ravi stammered as he saw you unconscious in Leo's arms. 
 
'Taekwoon. Don't freak out. Calm down. She's fine. She's just unconscious for the time being. She'll wake up soon. Get her back home. No guys at all. Two pills from blue bottle on her table. NO sharp objects. All photographs in her room faced down and not visible.' Leo had the phone by his ear as he stared at you. So are you telling me that this is normal?! 'Call me when you brought her back.'
 
'Tell me when Hakyeon calls.'
 
 
 
Within record time, Leo did everything, with you tucked in bed and all photographs and sharp objects out of your sight.
 
'You freaking know her triggers.'
 
'That's not important now. How is she? Wait no. Of course it's not working out. She fell asleep right? Okay. I suppose you're calling me 'cos Hakyeon hyung can't be contacted. I have time currently but I can't go until you calmed her down after she wakes up. Do you have schedules today?'
 
'Radio evening.'
 
'I'll be able to take her during that. Before that, when she wakes up, it's not going to be pleasant. Make sure there are NO sharp objects, especially knives. I'll only make it worse if I go when she's not settled down, so make sure at least she isn't screaming or trembling and then she can see me. Does Hakyeon hyung have anything at night?'
 
'Drama overnight.'
 
'. I can't stay for the night either. The night the night-'
 
'I can.' Finally, there was silence from Minhyuk's side. 
 
'I'm not just simply going to let you stay with her for the night. No.' 
 
'Do you even have a choice right now?'
 
'Just make sure you calm her down as much as you can before I go. Or it will get worse.'
 
 
 
'She haven't woken up yet.' Minhyuk arrived in half an hour.
 
'But you have a schedule right?'
 
'You said it wouldn't happen because of any of us.'
 
'And then you tell me, why on earth would Jaehwan kiss her?!'
 
'How did you know that he was about to! You know her triggers and yet you didn't-'
 
'That's not important now! You'll go for your schedule and update N, call me right after you're done. I'll tell you everything afterwards.'
 
 
 
'Did she faint?' The look on Leo's face was enough of an answer. 'She- I- Why-'
 
'But didn't she say that it wasn't a phobia?'
 
'That girl wants to be treated normally!' N turned to Ken sharply. 'Why on earth did you do that for?! Are you trying to kill her?! Even Minhyuk has been trying to get rid of it and now it's back! What are you even thinking? Do you have to go that close if there's something on her face?' So she herself knew it was this bad since the start? And Minhyuk was actually trying to get rid of it by teasing? 
 
Hyuk stared blankly at his hyungs, trying to decipher what was happening. 'Is Minyeon okay, hyung?' 
 
'No. None of you can go see her. None until I say so. Unless you have a death wish.' N spat sternly. 'Tonight-'
 
'I'll be going over. Minhyuk has schedules on soon.' 
 
 
 
From: Minhyuk
    Get here quick. She took the pills. Asleep right now. But I can't leave her alone for long. Door lock: 1030
 
The second he got of the van, Leo rushed as fast as he could to your house, ignoring the cold breeze hitting him when he was merely wearing a shirt and a pair of trackpants underneath the jacket which he found in the van. He was dead worried for you, even though Minhyuk have said that you took your pills. He could never be too sure. 
 
His hands were trembling, not because of the cold, but because of the fear. Finally after a few tries, he keyed in the passcode successfully and stumbled into the house. 
 
However, he noticed that you left the lights on in your living room, and every other room. Minhyuk wouldn't have done this. Did she- He finally found you in a room that was dimly lit by the lamp on your night-table, with your blanket over your head with soft sniffing sounds clearly heard. 
 
He cautiously stepped in, and called out to you softly, 'Min-ah?' 
 
And the next moment, you screamed. You began sobbing loudly after screaming, startling Leo and he quickly rushed to your bed. 'Minyeon it's me, Taekwoon. Minyeon-ah?' Leo hugged onto your small figure beneath the blankets and could hear you crying clearly. 
 
He hugged onto you tightly, before slowly trying to pry off the blanket which you held firmly over your head. Leo's heart broke when he saw your tear-streaked face. 'It's okay... I'm here...' Leo whispered softly as he pulled you into his chest. 
 
After quite some time, Leo felt you calm down a little, and decided to get something for you to drink. However as soon as you felt his grip around you loosening when he shifted, your hands immediately grasped onto his shirt and you started crying again. 'D-Don't g-go.' 
 
'Okayokay. I'm not going anywhere. But I need to get some water for you.' You shook your head as your hand remained tightly on the thin material of his shirt. 'Min-ah.' You sobbed even louder and Leo gave up, moving closer to you, hoping that it would calm you down while gently patting your back. 
 
He tried again when your breathing became more even, ready to take back his words at the same time. He lifted your face from his chest to make you look at him. 'I won't leave. I'll just quickly get a cup of water and come back okay?' You stared at him for a moment, before loosening your grip on his shirt, and he took it as a sign of consent. 
 
Leo hurriedly poured a glass of warm water and rushed back to your room, not forgetting to switch off all the lights. You were back firmly under your blankets and seeing this, Leo sighed. 
 
He placed the cup on the table before sitting on your bed and trying to get you out of your blanket again. 'Minyeon.' You began to cry again when Leo called you. You were frustrated with yourself for being such a nuisance, and despite that, you cried even more. 
 
After getting you calmed down quite a bit, with much less trembling and shaking then that afternoon, Leo successfully got you to drink a sip of the warm water, and you dug your head back to his chest. 
 
He did not know how long it took until he finally heard your sniffing come to a stop, and felt your hand resting loosely on his lap as you leaned on him. 
 
Leo adjusted you gently to lie properly on the pillows as he untangled the blankets wrapped tightly around you, with stains of tears everywhere. Just when he was about to move away, he felt you tighten your grip on his shirt again. 
 
He tried to remove your hands from him, but got whimpers from you instead, however, you were still asleep. But at the same time, he knew that if he forcefully did it, he would wake you up. In the end, he had no choice but to lay beside you, stiffening up when he felt you cuddled closer to him. When everything seemed to quietened down, he had his eyes glued to your face. Your eyes were swollen from all the crying, and it pained him to see you in such a state.
 
Leo leaned in to kiss your forehead lightly, and rested on the pillow with his arms wrapped around you.
 
What is it, that is haunting you so badly? 
 

 

[A/N] It's now 3.10am in Taiwan and the morning call is in 3hr and 20mins time. Disclaimer: This chapter is really unedited. I WILL certainly update and edit it on Sunday earliest, or probably on Monday, 'cos I only have my phone with me right now which isn't friendly when it comes to adding new chapters or editing.
 
Once again thank you guys so much for the subscribes and upvotes and comments! I know this chapter is prolly isn't worthy of anything but I do hope that you guys would keep them coming in! 
 
Not much from me this time 'cos I survived the day when VIXX is in Singapore performing when I can't go and I'm dead tired right now so I sincerely apologize for the bad chapter. I promise that I'll edit this. Though it might not be much of a change. The plot is still there. Just the grammar and content. 
 
Don't forget to subscribe and comment comment comment!
 
<3
 
[Edited!]