Chapter 26

This Is Then Counted

Did she actually? Did she just- She what? 

Leo touched his own cheek. She- Okay. Jung Taekwoon. Calm down

He looked into the plastic bag which you slipped into his hand and found a pack of flu medicine and a bottle of latte. What about her plan? Did she decide to screw it? Wait. How did she know to get me medicines? ... Who else but Minhyuk will tell her? 

'Hyung, what's that?' Ravi eyed Leo who was grinning as soon as he returned to the practice studio. 

'Nothing.' He can't possibly have went out to buy it within that few minutes.

'Then why are you grinning like you just won a lottery? Minyeon came?' 

'Nobody came.' With that, Leo hid into his workroom. The moment when you pulled onto his hand. He already thought that he was hallucinating. Then when you felt his forehead, he was about to tell you that he was feeling okay, until, he felt you kiss his cheek. 

Ravi watched from the door as Leo just sat on his chair and grinned while looking at the bottle of latte. It's either the fever has gotten to him and he's gone bonkers. Or someone came. Yepp, Minyeon definitely came.

 

 

Why did I do that! I must be crazy. No. I AM crazy. What do I do nowww. You squirmed around on your bed and whined. 

You paused. But ended up squealing again as you hid under your blankets. Oh my god I did it. Why. Why did I. And I just ran off. I'm such a stupid and weird person. 

After squealing for minutes, you finally calmed down, but that did not mean that you were not grinning stupidly. I kissed him. Taekwoon oppa. I kissed an idol. ... Oh my freaking god. Hakyeon oppa's going to kill me. ... URGH Who cares 'bout Hakyeon oppa now! I'm already going crazy. 

You picked up your phone when it lit up, but ended up squealing again. What on earth is wrong with me. I bet my neighbors can hear me screaming. This is bad. 

From: Taekwoon Oppa
     Thank you Min-ah. Sleep early. And don't fall sick too. 

. It was too obvious wasn't it? But then again how can a kiss on the cheek be not obvious! Like. *pecks his cheek* Oh, no, I don't like him at all. I am really going mad. What do I dooooo... So much for your plans! 

Do I reply? Do I not? I can't freaking- Forget it. 

 

 

Why isn't she replying me when she already read the message? Don't tell me she's still planning to- The phone vibrated twice in his hand. 

     Remember to take the medicines Taekwoon oppa! Good night! 

I should really stop grinning. It's starting to hurt. 

 

 

But what do I do about Sanghyuk oppa and Hakyeon oppa? 

 


 

Come on pick up the phoneee. Did that stupid Minhyuk oppa give me the wrong time? I thought it's their break right now? 'Hello?'

'Wonshik oppa! Don't let anyone know it's me calling!' 

What's with her all of a sudden. 'Ah yeah?' Now he's sounding awkward. Oops. 

'Oppa can you come out? I can't get pass the cat.'

'What cat?'

'There's a cat near the entrance and I can't go past it to go in. Can you come out please?'

'Okayokay.' Ravi hung up and turned to N. 'Hyung, I'm going to the washroom.' 

 

Within a few minutes, Ravi appeared. But the first thing he said did not please you. 'What are you doing here?' You frowned. 

'Can't I come to see you?' 

'Me?' Ravi raised his eyebrows. 

'Not you only. Like all of you oppas.' You lifted the bags you were carrying onto. 'I brought food.'

'Why are you still standing there? Quick. Before it turns cold.' Annoying Wonshik oppa. 

'The cat.' 

'Okayokay.' Ravi slung his arm over you and made sure that the cat was on the other side of him as he walked you into the company. 'There. Can?' 

'Thank you Wonshik oppa!' 

'You're welcome. But shouldn't you do something about your phobia with animals.'

'Yeah.'

'Maybe get Taekwoon hyung to help you or something.'

'No, it's okay!' What's with her sudden response? 

'What are you doing here at 9pm anyways?'

'I brought food?'

'Other than that. Like why are you even here at the company.'

'Do you not welcome me? I checked with Minhyuk oppa though! He said that as long as I behave myself and come during your break time, it would be fine.' So it wasn't Taekwoon hyung who told you to come?

'Oh. Okay. Yeah. We are having a break now. But why did call me? You could have called Hakyeon hyung or Bin or anyone.' 

'Well I wanted for it to be a surprise for you oppas, but the cat was there so I just had to call you.'

'So you found it the least necessary to surprise me?' And maybe most necessary to surprise Taekwoon hyung. But what about Hyukie? 

'But didn't I still did in a way? You weren't expecting me here were you!' 

'Okay. Fine.'

'I heard that you fought with Young on the ride back.' Ravi eyed you as you attempted to change the topic. 

'Fight? We don't even have anything got to do with each other.'

'Hmm. Okay. But don't fight with her.'

'Okay. There's no reason for me to see her anyways.' That's a weird way for him to phrase it. 'Here. They're all inside. I think. Oh wait. Taekwoon hyung is in his workroom. Do you want to go see him first?' 

'Nope, it's okay.' She's confusing me a whole lot. 

 

 

'Oppa!'

'I think I must be too tired. I'm actually hearing her right now.' 

'Oppa! Hakyeon oppa! My dearest Cha Hakyeon oppa!' You held the bag of food right in front of his face. 

'Holy . What are you doing here. Shouldn't you be at home right now? How did you come? Why did you come?' You eyed N as he bombarded you with questions. 

'It's been a month though! I haven't seen you and the other oppas for one whole month! It's boring at home.' 

'Look who actually misses us.' Ken crawled towards you and your bag of food. 

'Minyeonie do you want to go call Taekwoon hyung?' You turned to Ravi and nodded, and looked back at N.

'Yeah. Go tell him that there's food. He can't possibly not come out.' 

You immediately went to Ravi and followed him to another door. Hyung doesn't need the food to come out. 

'This room.' And Ravi immediately disappeared. 

 

And you started panicking. What do I do? Eeeeeshhh. It was one week since the night you decided to throw your plans away. And you have yet to see him since then, with the only communication being made through messages at night, him asking you to remember to sleep early, and you asking if he's sick. Which you always got a 'I'm not sick.' in response. I'll just act normal. Okay. Easy.

You opened the door quietly and Leo did not turn around. Why is he even here when everyone else is taking a break? You heard him sniff as he reached out for the box of tissues beside him. 

'And you say that you're not sick.' His hand froze midair and you had to stop yourself from grinning like a crazy kid again. You smiled at him when he finally turned around. 'Taekwoon oppa, there's food outside.' You headed back towards the door, but turned to find him still seated on the chair, staring at you. 'I won't buy anymore if they finish it before you go out.'

He finally got up when you decided to pull him off his seat. She's really here? I'm not hallucinating? She's here? 

 

Leo hit your head lightly and you turned to eye him. 'I'm not sick.'

'Yes you are. I heard you sniffing.'

'I was just cold.'

'Liar.'

'Who gives medicine AND cold bottled latte to a sick person anyways.' You thought for a moment. Oh damn.

'Me?' You heard him laughing softly as he hit your head again.

'Stop hitting me. I'll get dumber. Then you wouldn't have anyone to help you to keep up with the amount of school work you've missed for the past month.' You elbowed his stomach and quickly went to N. Oh yeah. She'll have to help. But there's Jaehwan. He probably can cope by himself right? But I'll NEED help. 

 

'How did you know how to come here? And when to come?' N asked as all of them gobbled down the kimbap you bought for them. 

'Minhyuk oppa.' 

'Did you miss us that much?' You turned to Hyuk.

'It's boring being alone for one whole month!'

'So you do miss us.' Hongbin added.

'You can put it that way.'

 


 

For the next few weeks, you would come over weekly, and sometimes twice a week, to bring food for them during their breaks. Once or twice you would stay to watch them for a little while, after successfully persuading N that you were not a nuisance when you went to watch Minhyuk practice, and that you knew how to behave yourself. But then they will always ask you to go back after a while, claiming that it was late already. And most of the time, it was Leo.

'I'll bring her out.' You turned to Leo. Why does he look angry. Did I do anything wrong? It was another one of those days which you decided to 'pop by' the company since you were too bored at home. But you yourself knew that you were just using it as an excuse. 

'It's okay I can-‘

'Let Taekwoon bring you out.' But he looks angry!

Leo had his hand on your shoulder as he brought you out of the building. 

He's not saying bye. That means he has something to say. But it probably wouldn't be nice since he's looking at me like-

'Min-ah. Don't come over already.' He could have phrased it nicely! 

'Why?' You pouted. He's mean.

'You're coming all the way here and back home when it's late and dark.'

'Then I'll come in the afternoon after school!' Leo sighed. Why doesn't she get it. And I really forgot that she always talks back at me. It's weird if I just tell her not to come over 'cos she's traveling alone right? Why can't she just understand what I'm trying to say.

'But you're spending too much too.'

'Technically it's Hakyeon oppa's money. Then I'll come over without buying anything?'

'Don't you need to study though?'

'Taekwoon oppa do you not want me to come over?'

'It's not like that-'

'I don't even see you in school or at the dorm anymore. Can't I come here at least?' You finally said it, while you stared at the ground. 

'Min-ah.' You shrugged his hand off your arm and he looked at you in shock as you turned away from him. 

'Yah. Cha Minyeon.' Leo quickly grabbed onto your hand to stop you from leaving. She really- Why is she so dumb. 

'Go away. You don't want me here.' You mumbled.

'It's not that- I mean.' He held onto your shoulders as he turned you around to face him. 'It's just that. You're alone.' With that, you still did not stop rebutting. 

'I'm not a kid.' He sighed again. I already said it and she still- This girl really. 

'Min-ah.'

'Go away.'

'Min-ahhh.' Your eyes widened as he bent down and leaned into you. 'Hmmm?' 

'What are you d-’ You quickly pushed Leo away from your face, your heart beat increasing at an alarming rate. 'What if my relapse comes back.'

'See? If you go about alone, what if something happen and your relapse suddenly come again? We're still not sure if it's completely gone.' That's a foul! You can't use my relapse against me. 

'But it's not like people will randomly lean in to me right!'

'That's not the only way for your relapses to be triggered. I found out from Minhyuk.' Damn that Minhyuk oppa. 'I'm just worried about you.' You glared at Leo. That tingly feeling again. Screw him. 

'Then I'll get Minhyuk oppa to bring me over?'

'He has work too. And he's not your chauffeur or anything.'

'Why can you use him when I can't!'

'I call him and don't require him to be physically present.'

'You're just treating Minhyuk oppa like a call centre.'

'It's not like you're not doing the same thing? You called him to find out the address and when's our break 'cos you want to see me.' Damn it. Why did I say that just now. Annoying.

'Who wants to see you. I hate you.' Leo immediately stiffened. 

'Hey. Don't say that.' 

'Hyung, you're taking forever to bring her out.' You nearly had the shock of your life when you saw Ravi. 

'I still hate you.' You whispered to Leo before turning to Ravi and going off. 'Bye Wonshik oppa!' Leo did not remove his eyes from you until you reached the bus stop. That little bear. 

'Hyung, you're going to have to explain why you took forever to 'bring her out' though. Hakyeon hyung thought something happened and wanted to come and check it out himself.' Leo silently headed back into the building. 'Did you confess to her?' Actually we didn't. It was just the kiss on the cheeks. And now she left saying that she hates me.

'No.'

'Have you thought about Hakyeon hyung.'

'Thinking is one thing. Having a solution is another.'
 


 

You ignored all his messages and calls for the following week, and did not go over anymore. Why am I even listening to him? I could have just went over and continue ignoring him. He's such a meanie. 

You were fumbling with your phone while waiting for the bell to ring, signaling the start of lessons, until you felt someone sit down next to you.

'Your phone's working perfectly fine so why aren't you replying me?' Why are they here? Nobody told me anything about them coming?

'Hey Pigyeonie!' 

You turn to them and smiled to Ken, ignoring Leo's presence between the both of you. 'Hi Jaehwan oppa!' Ken smirked seeing that you simply ignored Leo. She has guts man. 

'Yah Cha Minyeon.' Leo poked your side and you flinched. But you still decided to ignore him. 

'Don't you have practice today though Jaehwan oppa?'

'We have a day off practices today. Hakyeon hyung said that we could have stayed in the dorm to rest but this hyung over here insisted on coming to school.' Taekwoon oppa? Insisted on coming to school? 'And Hyukie agreed too so. Here we are, preparing to go through torture.' Why would Taekwoon oppa insist on coming?

''Cos somebody wanted to see you sooner and more. Can't he come here at least?' You could not stop yourself from smiling when Leo whispered into your ear. Dang him. 


 

[A/N] Hey guys I'm finally back! Woohoo! Hope that this chapter was okay and I really really need to thank you guys for the amount of comments and subscribes and upvotes! Thank you sooo much! ^^

The next chapter wouldn't be that soon too since I will not be having my laptop with me for the next week 'cos there's hostel stay. (And guess who made zero progress with her homework for the past week xD) And school's starting on Monday so yeap!

I was planning to update this on Monday night but since I wasn't doing any productive work and wasn't going to get started on my work so I decided to update this instead hahahahaha I'm such a bad student omg I should really start controlling myself. 

Do keep the many many comments coming in ;) And don't forget to subscribe!

 

Here's a little spazzing + me being weird. 

Leo's hair during the Music Bank performance today was whoaaa :D I was streaming it and praying that it wouldn't lag, and didn't realize that i could have just watched it peacefully on the television on kbsworld. 

And I can't get over the fact that this was taken in during the concert in Singapore when I was overseas. Like. Why. So I was complaining to my bestie being like 'omg im so annoyed at myself' and she just went. 'look at Hongbin's shirt. Read it out loud.' Then I did. And I was like. Freak. HAHAHAHA.

Conclusion: I'm dumb and annoying. 

 

And again, do subscribe and comment! (See, I'm annoying aren't I xD)

Thank you! <3