Chapter 38

This Is Then Counted

At 11.55am, N was already standing by the door, with your coat and pouch in his hands. While the others did not seem like they were going to leave anytime soon. 

How are they so energized when it's the midst of their promotions? You eyed them while Ken screamed as he dodged the incoming toy, that knocked into the frame hanging on the wall across the room instead. Your eyes widened as it shook dangerously, before it landed in Hongbin’s hands just in time. 

This is simply insane. They turned to you while a few of them laughed awkwardly, but it wasn’t as if you could do anything to stop them.

Sighing, you stacked up the cups on the table and was about to head to the kitchen when you felt Leo grab onto your wrist.

'I'll do it.' 

'You don't have to, I can just-' You hurriedly replied, but was interrupted by N who was impatiently tapping his foot, all ready to leave. 

'They'll clean up.'

'No they won't.' / 'No we won't.' You turned and glared at Ken who was grinning at you. That annoying Lee Jaehwan oppa-

'Yes princess?' You shuddered when he called you that, while Leo stared at him. Princess? Did he really just-

'This is getting extremely weird...' You mumbled under your breath as you gently pushed off Leo's grip, and proceeded to the sink. 

Being too occupied with questioning their weird behavior that morning, you did not even realize that Leo followed you to the kitchen. 

And you got a shock when his arms appeared from behind you to take the cup that you were washing from your hands. 

'Then I'll see you later, hmm?' 

'A- O-Okay.' He smiled as he saw you blushing, your eyes fixated on the tap before you, while he leaned his head closer to yours.  

'Yeonie it's twe- YAH!' From where he was originally standing, N could not see the both of you, but as soon as he tried stepping forward, the toy flew right pass before him, nearly hitting his face if he was a step faster. 

Leo quickly retracted his arms as you shifted away from him. For a moment, the both of you thought that N was shouting at you, until you turned to see him glaring at Hyuk, while the others were trying hard not to burst out laughing.

'Han Sanghyuk! What was that for?!'

'It slipped.' 

N groaned as he looked back at you. 'Okay let's not waste any more time. Let's go.' 

'Uh- Oppa-' You stammered as you found yourself getting dragged out of your own house. 'Are we just leaving them he- But I-' 

'Hakyeon hyung! We need to take a picture together!' Hongbin shouted and you quickly pulled N to a stop, nodding along.

‘Okay. Just one picture.’ With that, you quickly ran back into your room and grabbed your DSLR, while Hongbin set up the tripod before the couch.

‘Just people or with the presents?’ Ravi asked as he looked around. ‘Nah, I don’t think the presents look decent now. People will do.’

‘Wonshik hyung why are you sitting in the middle?’ Hyuk asked as he stared at the person settled comfortably on the couch.

‘Who else-‘

‘Table, hyung can you move the table away?’

Ken turned and eyed Hongbin. ‘Isn’t it just a picture? Why do we have to-‘

‘Move it.’ He snapped his head back and saw Leo on the other side of it already.

‘Okay, okay. FINEEE.’

 

 

‘The timer is set for 10 seconds! Right after the red light!’

 

 

‘It looks like a family photo.’ You smiled as you checked the picture.

‘That angle is unflattering. I should have stood in the centre behind the three of them.’ Ken mumbled.

‘It looks fine to me? Or we can always do some photoshop.’

‘DO WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT TO THE PICTURE. ITS ALREADY 12.20. CHA MINYEON.’

‘Wait wait- Can’t we jus-‘ But you were not given the chance to finish what you had to say before you saw the door closing before you.    

'Happy Birthday Minyeonie!' 

'Have fun!' 

The last thing you saw was Hyuk smiling at you as they waved you off. Sanghyuk oppa threw the toy on purpose didn't he? ... Now who knows what else would they do to my room. 

'Hakyeon oppa! I didn't even say bye to them!' You frowned as he helped you with your coat, and handed you your pouch. 

'You can say bye to them whenever you want. Or you can always call them.' You were about to take out your phone until N held onto your hand tightly. 'But not for the next few hours with me. It's my time.' 

'Tsk.' 


 

 

‘Oppa can you calm down. You’re rushing.’ You tugged onto his hand, hard, as he was practically dragging you to wherever he was planning to take you to.

‘Of course I have to rush, they took so long, and there’s still schedules later.’

‘Schedules?’ Then what about Taekwoon o-

‘That’s later. 1 or 2?’

‘2?’

‘Okay bibimbap it is then.’

‘We’re having lunch now? But didn’t we just-‘

‘That was more than two hours ago. And it was only a slice of cake.’

‘Then what was option 1?’

‘Option 1? Bibimbap.’ You laughed as he grinned at you. Stupid Hakyeon oppa.

 

 

‘I didn’t see you pestering anyone about your birthday this time?’ N asked as you had your arm hooked around his as the both of you took your time heading to the restaurant.

You would always annoy the people around you when your birthday was coming, days, weeks, even months before.

‘Well, I did remind Jin and Miyoung? Besides, you and the others are busy right now.’

‘Do you miss us?’

‘Of course. Now it’s too quiet. And I have nothing to do at home alone.’

‘And at first I was still contemplating whether or not to introduce them to you. But it did well didn’t it?’ Phobia or not. You nodded. ‘Do you have anything in particular that you want? For your older brother to get for you? New wallet? Camera?’

‘No it’s okay! You don’t have to- I was just joking just now when-‘

‘I owe you tons of presents Yeon-ah.’ And to think of it, it was the first birthday that you were spending with him after quite some time, most of it having spent with your parents and Minhyuk in his stead.

‘No you don’t! You’re here spending my birthday with me aren’t you? And you got me really nice oppas to take care of me too.’ N looked at you smiling as you exclaimed, your voice getting higher and he could sense your happiness from it. ‘Though they are kind of annoying at times. Not that I want to name names but, maybe erm you know, Jae ehem Hwan ehem oppa?’ You giggled.

‘You do realize that you’re talking a lot more now a days right?’

You paused. ‘Uh, maybe?’

‘It’s a good thing.’ That Taekwoon actually did it.

‘Oppa you’re being really weird.’ D-Did she catch on? Crap. Not now- ‘What’s with all these questions like you’re going to leave me again.’ Leave you again. I’m not going to. I mean. I- I, I don’t-

‘I was just asking what did you want for your birthday?’ She wouldn’t notice. She wouldn’t.

‘Oh. Well, if you insist, maybe you can treat me lunch?’

‘That’s a given.’ I’ll just let her know later. It wouldn’t harm to delay it till tomorrow the earliest right?


 


'I think I’m getting a food coma.' You muttered as you yawned, full from lunch.

‘You can’t sleep now. We’re not done yet.’

‘Where are we going next?’ 

'Shopping.' You looked up at him strangely.

'For?' 

'Your clothes.'

'I have plenty of clothes.' Tsk. I thought what did he want to shop for-

'Do you want to go out with Taekwoon wearing your hoodies all the time? Or the same blouse and skirt every time? Like the one you’re wearing right now.' 

'N-No? And I don’t always wear this oka-' Your voice trailed off as you looked down at what you were wearing. Damn this. And you pulled the coat over you even tighter.  
 
'We're still going shopping.' 

I really don’t need him to buy anymo- Wait. He said 'go out with Taekwoon.' Did he not? 'Hakyeon oppa.'

'Yeah?' And to think that she’s fast at grasping onto such things.

'Are you agreeing to-' 

'Yes. Yes I am.' You pulled him to a stop as you removed your hands from your coat pocket.

'Are you serious?' 

'Maybe.' 

'Really?' 

'The clothes will be your present.' You did not say anything as you continued to stare at him. ‘Yes, I’m agreeing to Jung Taekwoon dating you Minyeon. Do you really need me to say out everything word by word?’ You were not expecting it at all, as you still remained quiet. ‘Now you’re being weird. Move, we need to go get new clothes for you.’

You finally snapped out of it when you saw N already a few metres away from you. ‘But the clothes-‘

‘You’ll probably go to war with Jinhye if you guys go shopping together and no you’re not going to wear whatever she chooses. Can’t I go shopping with you?’ N pouted, and you grinned again.

‘Okay. Let’s go.’ 


 

 


'Are we going back now?’ You asked as N took the bags from you.

‘Mmhmm.’

‘Who’s coming next? Taek-' 

'No, it's not Taekwoon.' You pouted. Well he could have not cut me off… 'How can Taekwoon be the only one on your mind when I'm here?' 

'He’s not the ONLY ONE in my mind…' You mumbled while he knocked your head lightly. 'So I'm staying alone until Taekwoon oppa comes?'

'Must you include his name in every sentence? And of course not, if I leave you alone, articles of me mistreating my younger sister will pop out in no time.' 

'Glad you know.' You smirked. ‘There’s a recording after this?’

‘Yeah.’

‘But you didn’t have time to rest though. Oppa still went walking around with me.’

‘It’s okay. It’s your birthday.’

‘Tsk. But you still need to res-‘

‘Minhyuk’s coming over, he’s not there yet so you just have to wait a while.’

‘Okay! Oppa, sleep on the van if possible okay?’

'Yeahyeah.' 

 

 



Why is he kicking the door when he knows the passcode? And there's a bell for a reason. 

'Minyeon open the door!' More kicking was heard. The door is going to break at this rate.

'Coming!' You shouted as you rushed over to open the door.

No wonder he couldn't open it. You smiled when you saw his hands full of bags, which you assumed was for you. 'It's from the boys. I forgot which was from who, maybe 'cos I didn't bother to remember, but I'm pretty sure they signed off.' 

'They didn't come?' You asked as you took some of them from him and closed the door behind you.

'They say that they don't want to get killed by Taekwoon.'

'Really?' 

'Nah, they have their individual schedules.' 

'All of them?' You looked at him as he got comfortable sprawled out on your couch, while you settled on the ground, peeking into a few of the bags closer to you.

'You sure you want them to come over?' 

'Why no-t?' That was when you noticed that your place was cleaned up. The living room, kitchen, even your room. And a new post it note on the coffee table caught your attention. 

I made sure that they cleaned up before we left :) 

What’s with the :) ? You smiled to yourself as you messaged him, not that you were expecting a reply any time soon.  

You're still a meanie :)

‘We’re just staying here?’ Minhyuk had his eyes closed and seemed like he was about to fall asleep.

‘Yeah. Don’t you have to save your energy for later. You wouldn’t want to be too tired to do anything wouldn’t you?’ That’s true… ‘And then now you can rest and look through your gifts and cards.’

‘While you sleep.’

‘Or do you want me to read your cards to you?’

‘Eesh. Okay oppa. Rest if you’re tired. Do you need any drinks?’

‘I’ll help myself.’

 

 

You went to take out the cards given by the others that morning and brought it into the living room, as you pulled the bags closer to you. This is actually a lot…

You decided to start with the presents from the morning, and remembered Hyuk’s.

‘Everything is blue, more blue and even more blue.’ You laughed as you noticed the colours of the wrapping paper and envelopes.

‘Who would be dumb enough to not know that your favourite colour is blue? Do you need me to list out-‘

‘Nah it’s okay. I thought that you were sleeping?’

‘How can I sleep when I’m supposed to babysit you?’

‘I’m not a baby. Just sleep if you’re tired.’

‘Quiet and stop disturbing me.’

Says the one who responded to me in the first place!

 

You froze when the wrapping paper was unwrapped enough to see the contents.

‘Someone actually got you a dress?’ Yeah… It’s the one that I tried but didn’t buy the other day. ‘Who?’ Sanghyukie oppa. ‘Yah Cha Minyeon can you answer me when I’m talking to you.’ By then, Minhyuk has already sat up from his sleeping position as he started to get interested in your gifts too. ‘Can’t be my members since I don’t think their close enough to know your size. But why would any of VIXX know-‘

‘Sanghyuk oppa.’ You flipped for the label, yeah he got the size right. Wait, did he get it altered too?

‘He got you a dress? Did any of them give you anything weird?’

‘Jaehwan oppa got me flowers.’ Minhyuk blinked as he stared back at you.

‘Flowers?’ You nodded, pointing to the vase on the table, which they placed back. ‘What about Taekwoon?’

‘Taekwoon oppa said later.’

‘Mm. Okay. I shall not bother you for now. You can ignore me.’ And he laid back onto the couch again. He must be so tired…

Your attention shifted back to the envelope found in the same bag.

 

Minyeonie,

Do you still remember the first time we met? I was too busy talking to Taekwoon hyung that I walked straight into you. And afterwards Hakyeon hyung introduced you as his younger sister to us, and that’s when we started spending lots of time with you.

I must have been really troublesome and uncooperative with the tutoring, well, I thought that that would get your attention more but looks like I was a little too late wasn’t I?

You should have seen the dress by now. I hope that it fits better this time. You like it, right? (Say yes.) Hahaha. You can always ask me out to shop with you too, be it materials or clothes or anything!  

And know that I’ll always be here for you okay? As a really close and good friend. If you want to talk about anything, you can always let me know, I’ll try my best to help. And if Taekwoon hyung does anything bad, tell me immediately and I’ll beat him up for you! But I know that he really likes you a lot, and will be able to take good care of you.

Last but not least, Happy Birthday, and hope that you’ll have a blast! :)

Sanghyukie, your bestest, closest, smartest, handsomest, friend.

You did not know what to think as you finished reading the letter. And you remembered the day at the amusement park. I didn’t even do anything for him. Yet he… Thank you, Sanghyuk oppa.

 

You eyed your other cards. How am I supposed to finish reading the rest when the first one already- Come on, it’s a happy day! Why are you being so moody huh? You clapped your hands together and moved on to the next few cards.

 

Minyeonie!

I have this urge to just spill on Taekwoon hyung. Should I? I should, right?

That day with Jinhye where we watched the movie? Hyung dragged me out to stalk you. Yeah it wasn’t a coincidence. And then the wallpaper was his doing too. I honestly didn’t know what you were talking about until you showed it to me. And then there’s the my sudden enthusiasm towards studying. I’m a pretty bad student aren’t I? I’m even rattling Taekwoon hyung out oops.

Anyways, Happy Birthday, and hope that you like the gifts we got you!

I’m really glad that thanks to Hakyeon hyung, I got another younger sister. If there’s anything troubling you, you have to tell me, okay? 

P.S. Whatever bad things Miyoung tells you are probably lies. I’m really innocent!

Wonshik oppa

 


Minyeon,

How are things going? We don’t get to see you often anymore and to tell the truth, even if the others don’t say anything, we really do miss having you around.

And I’m sorry for getting mad at you previously for the ‘double date’ thing that Jinhye said, and not giving you a chance to talk. Taekwoon hyung really likes you a lot. He told me his secret just so that I wouldn’t misunderstand and that you would be happy again. To think about it, that was really dumb of me to get angry over such a small matter.

We might not see each other that often recently but remember to stay healthy and rest well okay! We wouldn't want our little sister falling sick! And Happy Birthday!

Hongbin oppa

 

 

PIGYEONIE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY PRINCESS! (Taekwoon hyung’s going to kill me if he sees this. You have to keep this card safe okay.)

I nearly got killed, and I think I’m going to get killed once he sees the flowers hahaha. Thank you for the gift you got me for my birthday, and the cake too. It was the bestest gifts ever. And I apologize for triggering your relapse that time too.

It’s just flowers but it’s the thought that counts ;) Hope that you’ll have a great birthday today! (You can always call me if you need some spicing up of your day too ;) ) And thank you for being a really great addition to the family, and a really awesome younger sister who puts up (not really) (you fight back most of the time) with my teasings.

P.S. Taekwoon hyung has serious jealousy management issues so please do forgive him.

YOUR MOST FAVOURITE OPPA EVER, JAEHWAN OPPA.

 

Well that lightened the mood.

‘Minyeon do you not hear your phone ringing?’ Minhyuk waved your phone before you and you quickly answered it once you saw the Caller ID.

‘Umma?’

‘Min-ie! Happy Birthday!’ You grinned as you heard your mom’s voice.

‘Thank you!’

‘Think of what you want for your present okay? Is Hakyeon there?’

‘Oppa has schedules, Minhyuk oppa is with me right now. Do you want to talk to him?’

‘Oh that’s alright. Help me say hi to Minhyukie will do. He’s doing fine is he?’

‘Mmhmm!’

‘That’s good to hear. By the way, did your oppa tell you yet?’

‘Tell me what?’

‘Maybe it slipped off his mind. Min-ie ah, great news! Appa and I applied you for a piano school and you got accepted!’

You froze as your smile gradually disappeared. ‘P-Piano school?’ 

‘The one that you’ve always said that you wanted to go but you were worried about it being overseas! But we’re here now so you don’t have to worry. Can you believe it? With your results, you’re even offered a scholarship!’

Overseas? School? Scholarship? ‘W-When?’

‘Aren’t you excited for it? You’ll finally be able to focus on what you dreamed for. In a month!’

A month. No way. 

 


 

[A/N] Updated! This is kind of long ahahahahaha. And it wasn't that soon from my prev update so I'm sorry ><

AND OMG THEIR COMEBACK. MINDBLOWING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. (I shud bring my spazzing elsewhere) AND ITS LATE BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNG TAEKWOONIE <3

As usual, thank you really much for the subscribes and comments and upvotes!

Thank you!

<3