Chapter 37

This Is Then Counted

'Am I the only one who haven't came here before?' Ken mumbled as he looked around the place. It was neat, and kind of big seeing that you're the only one who stays there. But the neatness wouldn't be staying for long. 

'It's my first time too!'

'Hyukie I thought you came before?'

'But I didn't come in!'

'I came twice.' Hongbin stuck his tongue out at Hyuk, while Ravi eyed them weirdly. Why are they being so childish early in the morning?

Leo stopped immediately in his tracks with an exceptionally loud cough from N. 'Did you forget about the deal?'

B-But. Can't I just- Oh fine. Leo slumped his shoulders as N sauntered past him into your bedroom. That's not even fair. / How is she still asleep after all the noise the kids made outside?

N stared at you snuggled underneath your blanket, and then started scanning through the room for weapons to wake you up with. Now how do I do this. Curtains? Blanket? Phone? Nah, she's probably not going to wake up with that. 

Meanwhile, Leo looked over from your door at N who was creeping closer to your bed, and then turned to the other four who were looking flipping through every single object in your living room. She's going to make a fuss over the mess later. But Hakyeon doesn't seem like he's going to wake her up nicely. 

'I didn't know that you were the type to do this eyh Taekwoon hyung?' Ken smiled cheekily as he flung his arm over Leo's shoulder, flailing the stack of post its in front of him. Not that too-

 

'Wakie wakie!' N screamed, but there was no signs of you waking up. 'Even after I did that? YAH CHA MINYEON.' 

'What.' You mumbled as you flipped over from the source of disturbance, pulling the blanket over your head. 

'Are you really not waking up?' He muttered as he looked at you, before pulling onto your blanket while screaming at the top of his lungs again. 'TAEKWOON IS HERE. YOUR PROBATION BOYFRIEND IS HERE.'

Taekwoon oppa? He's here? You snapped open your eyes, staring at the wall. Wait. That doesn't sound right- 'You're not Taekwoon oppa.' You mumbled before snapping them shut again. 

'It's amazing that you actually realized that it's not Taekwoon. Now wake up.' You felt a pillow hitting your head, hard. 'Don't think that I'm not afraid to do anything to you even if it's your birthday today.'

Birthday? Who- Mine? With that, you immediately sat up. 'Great. You're awake. Thanks for spending five whole minutes of my precious time pigging in your bed.' He sarcastically said as he tidied your hair out. 'Oh wait. It's fine since you're wasting their time anyways.' What their time?

'Where's Minyeonie's room?' You had to pause for a moment to figure if it was figment of your imagination due to your half awake state, or if it really was them.

In 3, 2, 1. 'WAKIEWAKIEEEEE!' I'm awake goddammit. Can they like come in and see if I'm really awake before shouting that loudly. 

'Shouldn't she be awake by now? It's already nine!' 

'She's spending too much of our time! It's going to be lunch soon.'

A third round of 'Wakiewakie' was sufficient to wake you up fully. Especially with Ken's dolphin squealing. 

'OH LOOK! She's awake!' Your eyes widened as they charged into your room, but their eyes did not even stay on you for a whole second before they got distracted again. And you were starting to get a headache from trying to keep an eye on what they were doing, which was impossible, since all four of them were at different parts of your room, doing who knows what to your things. Now it will be greatly appreciated if they kindly leave my roo-

'WHY ARE THERE PICTURES WITH BTOB BUT NOT US!' Well erm that-

'FRAMED TOO?!?' Can they stop making a big fuss over framed 4R pictures. It's not as though I got them printed in A1 and framed right?

'HYUKIE GO PRINT SOME NOW QUICK!' Now how is he supposed to do-

'AT IT ALREADY!' W-What?

'No not my laptop!' Why, why are they turning my life into a drama. 

'Bad idea. This was a bad idea.' You nodded as N sighed next to you.

'Yes exactly.'

'Do you even know what I'm referring to?'

'Nope. But it seems like a bad idea.'

'OH LOOK. TWO PONYTAILS.'

'SO CUTE!!!' 

Wait, why is he pulling the picture out of the frame-

'WHOA IT'S REALLY FULL OF HOODIES.' You snapped your head to the other side of the room. Wait what- What are they- You froze when you saw Ken rummaging through your closet. Wasn't he just- Wait. Not that too?

'STOPSTOPSTOP. STOP!' You shouted, choking on the last word. Urghh, what am I doing just after I woke up. I haven't even brushed my teeth or get changed. Whatever idea Hakyeon oppa had, bad idea it is. 

They immediately froze and turned to you. 'Why are you guys even here in the first place? In a girl's house?'

'I'm pretty sure Taekwoon hyung comes more often than us.'

'And at even weirder timings.'

You looked at Leo whose ears were turning red as he looked away. Damn. I should have just kept my mouth shut. And why is he standing so far away anyways! 

'You evil oppas.' You mumbled as you got off your bed, but was pulled back by N. 'I need to wash up, don't I?'

'Oh yeah. Wear something nice.' You eyed N.

'Am I suppose to listen to you?'

'Do it for Minhyuk and the guy by the door.' The guy by the- Oh. 'And take your time.'

'NO! You can't take your time! We're already running out of time!' You eyed Ravi as Ken resumed digging through your closet.

'Why? Do you have somewhere to-'

'Here! Wear this!' Ken shoved a dress into your hands. 

You laughed awkwardly as you smacked him lightly on the head. 'Jaehwan oppa move away from my closet thank youuu.' And immediately threw it back in, taking out a blouse and skirt instead. 

Now I can finally get to-

'Make sure you don't stop midway to the toilet.' Stupid Cha Hakyeon. 'Yah! Jung Taekwoon!' 

Leo ignored N as he followed you out of the room. 'Happy birthday Minyeon-ah.' He whispered, pulling you to a stop as he bent down next to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. 

'Thank- ... You?' For a moment, you thought you were seeing things, but when you recalled the state of the room which you just left seconds ago, you believed that your eyes were not playing tricks on you. 'Oppa, what happened here?'

'I-uh. Tried to stop them.' You eyed him strangely as you stared at his eyes.

'Liar.' Leo looked at you as you pushed his arms away and continued to head towards the washroom.

She's not angry right? Is she? 'Min-ah?'

'Why were you all the way at the door just now? Taekwoon oppa didn't even stop Hakyeon oppa when he was hitting me.' You frowned as Leo turned you to face him. 

'He- what?' I was- distracted by what the kids were doing in the living room. Really. And Jaehwan was making a big deal out of the notes. 'Are you okay?' Leo looked closer at your face, but he saw you looking at him in shock instead. 'Hmm?'

'Don't look so closely at me when I just woke uppp!' You whined as you covered your face with your clothes quickly. You could hear him chuckling as he ruffled your hair, but did not move your hands away.

'I've seen it a million times. And there's nothing wrong with-'

'CHA MINYEON I SAID NO STOPPING ON THE WAY TO THE TOILET AND JUNG TAEKWOON DO YOU NOT REMEMBER WHAT I SAID EARLIER!?'

'What did Hakyeon oppa say again? You asked as you felt yourself getting pushed towards the toilet slowly and then stopped right before it. 

'Hakyeon splitted the time today, so he said that I can't do anything now since I have time later.'

'Really? When? Lunch?'

'Tonight.'

'But that's unfair!' You pouted, mentally counting the number of hours you have to wait. 'Whose time is it now?'

'The members.'

'But aren't you a mem-'

'Yes, yes I am. Now quick go shower or else we might not get any time at all.'

'B-But-'

'No buts. It's not too short right?' You looked at what he was pointing at, and shook your head. 

'It's longer than what Jaehwan oppa picked.'

'Good.' And with that, you found the toilet door closed in front of you. That evil annoying meanie-

Leo only took a few steps away before the door burst open again. 'That's not the way to treat the birthday girl early in the morning you meanie!' And closed right after that. Oh damn. She's not really mad, right?

 

 

The moment you stepped out of the toilet door, you were greeted with six grown men screaming into your ears. 'Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to Minyeonieeeeeeeee! Happy Birthday to you!!!' I thought they were singers? But your attention was soon shifted away from questioning their singing abilities.

Hongbin held the cake, chocolate, of course, before you, as Hyuk had his palms around the candles, trying hard to keep them aflame, and you could not help but to smile at them.  

'Quick, make a wish!'

And once you blew the candle out, you were overwhelmed with cheers and claps. Now that's more like a birthday cel-

Until Ravi pulled out the poppers right next to you. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!' You froze, slightly out of it as you did not expect the sudden noise. But once you overcame it, you eyed the bits of confetti all over the ground. Now I'll have to clean that up too! 

As though nothing happened, you found yourself getting pushed towards the dining table and settling you down on a chair. 'Cake cake cake. Let's go cut up the cakeee!' Hyuk exclaimed. Everything was simply happening too fast for you to grasp the situation entirely. Before you could figure out what was happening, the situation on hand was already taken over by something else. 

'We're having cake for breakfast?' You asked as you looked around, realizing that the place was too small, and that it could not fit all of them comfortably, especially when they each was taking up as much space as they want. 

'Why not?' 

'Uh, oppa, how 'bout we eat in the living ro-' You were trying to stand up, until you found yourself getting pushed back down onto the chair.

'It's okay, we can just drag your chair from your room over, then the four of us can stay here while Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung can eat in the living room themselves.' Huh, why would they- 

'Yeah, since their getting their time with you later!' Hakyeon oppa too? When? 

'But it will be fine if we just-' 

'Nope nope nope.' Ken cut you off as he took the slices of cake from Hongbin, and handed it to the two of them. 'Here you go, since you hyungs are having one to one time with her later, please don't interrupt us now.' 

'Hey you can't do this to m-' 

'You said that Taekwoon hyung can't be with Minyeonie now since he has time later so why does it not apply to you too hyung?' Ravi quickly pushed the two reluctant males into the living room, and settled at the seats by the dining table. 

'Say 'Ahhh~'' You eyed Ken incredulously as he stuck a piece of cake on the fork in front of your mouth. 'AHHHHH~' He emphasized again when he did not get any form of reaction from you. 

You opened your mouth, and he stuffed the cake in, while you could feel someone staring at you from the corner of your eye. 

You turned to see Leo looking away as he dug into his slice of cake not so appetizingly. I'm sure we could all fit in the living room thou-

'Minyeon-ah, stop looking over there, we're the mains here.' Hongbin stuck out his hand right in front of your face and blocked your view of him. Why's everyone being mean to me today! Isn't it my birthday?

'I thought I'm supposed to be the main?' You pouted. 

'That's true.' 

'But you get to see them all you want later! We only have, 1 and a half hour left!' 

'I'm pretty sure it's not 'all I want'.' You mumbled. Until something struck you. 

'Oh yeah!' You stuck out your palms at them as you quickly finished your cake. 'Present.' 

'What present?'

'My birthday presents.' 

'Who asks for their presents blatantly like that?' You shot Ken a glare, and looked at the other three members expectantly.

'Me! Givee ittt. I want my presentsss!' Or we can always move to the living room where oppa is at. 

'It's in the living room.' Hyuk finally answered, as your glaring was getting intense. Yeah! You immediately sprang up from your seat but was pulled back by Ken. 

'Jaehwan oppa!' 

'Okayokay. Fine.' He smiled as he got the rest to gather in the living room too, while Hongbin helped out with the cleaning of plates. She just can't stay apart from Taekwoon hyung if he's around, can't she? 

'Presents timeee!' You cheered as you sat in the middle, waiting impatiently for everyone to settle down. 'BINNIE OPPA HURRY!'

'Okay. Okay. I'm done.' You cleared the table of any rubbish, as Hongbin settled down. And started grinning again as you looked at each and everyone of them. But no one took any initiative in giving you your present first. So you turned to the one directly next to you. 

N looked at you as he eyed your outstretched palms. 'What?' 

'Where's my present?' 

'What present?' 

'Hakyeon oppa!' 

'I'm giving it to you later.' Later? Fine. You pouted, but started smiling again when you turned to Leo. 'Woonie oppa?' 

'Later.' You immediately frowned. Eesh. What is his concept today huh! Meanie. You grabbed a nearby cushion from Ravi's lap and threw it at him. 

'Here. I'm not sure if you would like it, but Happy Birthday Minyeonie.' Hyuk quickly interrupted as he handed you a paper bag. You immediately peeked in, but it was nicely wrapped up, not revealing anything at all. 'You can open it later.'

'Thank you Sanghyuk oppa!' You grinned as you pulled him into a hug, not forgetting to frown at N and Leo afterwards. 

 

Ravi and Hongbin shared a soft toy for you, along with a few stationeries, which were also in a paper bag as they handed them to you. 

And when it came to Ken. You had nothing to say. You did not know what to expect in the first place, but. A bouquet of flowers was probably the last on your list. Leo's eyes nearly bulged out when he saw what Ken took out from his bag. I thought I told him that he can't give her flowers! It's not like he's her boyfriend or anything. I'M her boyfriend! 

'Flowers?' You laughed as you looked back and forth the bouquet in your hands, and at Ken, who was nodding gleefully. And you turned back to the other two who have yet to give you anything. And has been treating you the worst since the start, from your point of view that is. 'Look, I even got flowers.' With that directed at a particular somebody among the two. 



As usual, the boys were fooling around, and your new soft toy was already getting thrown around like a ball. While Hyuk insisted that his present can only be opened afterwards, and that Ken has his flowers placed carefully in a vase, which under your recommendation, was hidden in your room for the time being in case an accident happens. 

'Can someone tell me why is Hakyeon oppa staring at the clock like that?' You finally asked, after noticing it for quite some time. 

''Cos that evil hyung's going to chase us out as soon as it strikes twelve.' Hongbin replied, missing the flying toy by a hair. 

'But why?'

'It's his turn when it's twelve.'

 


 

[A/N] HEY GUYS IM BACKKKKK! DID YALL MISS ME HAHAHAHA. okay i think i'm high. i've finally updated this whoots!

Thank you for the subscribes and comments! 

Hope that this chapter was alright :) Since my exams are over, I should have more time with this now! Weehet! 

Do remember to comment and subscribe! 

Thank you! 

<3