Chapter 9

This Is Then Counted

Leo snapped open his eyes. He immediately sat up and looked around to find Hongbin lying beside him. It was a dream? He closed his eyes and opened them again, before reaching out to check his phone beside his pillow. 3.26am. 

'Taekwoon hyung,' Leo's hand jerked at Hongbin's voice. 'You're awake already? What time is it?'

'3.26.'

'So early? Did you have a nightmare hyung?' Hongbin mumbled as he closed his eyes.

Yeah, must be a nightmare. 'Go sleep.' Leo said as he laid back down. He took up his phone again and looked through your messages, all of which he did not reply. The latest one was from the previous day, and he realized that you did not message him that day. The day which you were dropped at your home instead of you following them back to the dorm. The day which you went under the rain and got a fever.

She will be alright right? Leo placed his phone down and tried to sleep. But sleep never came to him.

He was the first one to finish getting ready before all the others, and he started looking at his phone again.

 

 

From: Taekwoon Oppa

     Are you feeling well? Stay at home if you're not feeling well.

Is that a message from Taekwoon oppa? Or did my fever crashed my brain. 

You went through the trouble of rebooting your phone, and the message was still there. Okay then, maybe he did send it. But, at 4.37am? ... Maybe they had to wake up early today. 

You still felt slightly giddy and your flu symptoms were not gone yet, however, you did not want Leo to worry about you. 

 

 

Finally after an hour of waiting and thinking that you might not reply him, his phone vibrated. 

From: Minyeonie

     I'm feeling better already oppa, I can go to school. Don't worry about me. Taekwoon oppa hwaiting for later!

She's going to school? At the moment, all he wanted is for you to stay at home, even if you're fully recovered, or he could not stop thinking about what might happen later. 

He highly doubted that you are actually feeling better. Especially when you are the type who does not visit the doctor, and your flu will most probably drag on forever.

 

 

From: Taekwoon Oppa

     Okay, drink more water. Thanks.

But, why is Taekwoon oppa suddenly messaging me again?

 

 

As the time past, Leo started to get anxious. He was looking around for their manager and N, to see if that phone call was coming. But their manager was nowhere to be found, while N was busy lecturing Ken by the side. 

'PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE BE IN YOUR POSITIONS IN 5 FOR THE NEXT EVENT. THE 100M SPRINT.' The announcement sounded through the stadium. 

The call. It isn't here yet. 'Yah. Jung Leo. What are you doing there still daydreaming! You're next!' N shouted as he pulled Leo towards the starting line. Leo just looked at N blankly, which made him worry. 'Yah. Taekwoon ah. Are you okay? Did something happen?' N waved his hands in front of Leo's face. 

'I'm okay.' Leo got himself back to reality and quickly swat N's hand away from him before heading where the others were gathering. 

 

 

Leo was still greatly disturbed, even though it was past the time which the call was supposed, or not, to happen a few minutes ago. Or is the call coming late? Or did something even worse happen?

'3. 2. 1!' And the gunshot was heard. 

Everyone ran for their lives, with the 100m point clearly marked as their goal. But one person's mind was still occupied by something else since before.

And Leo tripped, collapsing to the ground. 'Oh! What happened to VIXX's Leo?' Stupid commentator. Leo tried to get up but ended up dropping to the ground again as a sharp pain shot up his leg. . It can't be. 

Seeing this, the members started to panic. Leo would always be able to get up immediately, and rarely made any mistakes, other than the few fouls before debut, but that was all. 

'It was so close between B1A4's Baro and ZE:A's Dongjun!' The commentator shouted into the mike while N immediately rushed onto the track as soon as the rest of the participants got passed the finishing line. 

'Taekwoon ah! Jung Taekwoon! Are you okay?' N asked worriedly as he knelt down beside Leo who was grabbing onto his ankle.

'I think I sprained it.' Leo muttered as he tried moving his leg but ended up cringing again.

'Crap. I'll help. Come.' N helped Leo up and brought him to the benches. 

'Hyung! Are you okay!' Ravi asked as the rest of them rushed to him. 

Leo was getting annoyed. 'He's not. He sprained it.' Leo shot N a glare. 'We'll go to the hospital to check. You guys stay here and continue, Jaehwan you're in charge. I'll call you guys later.' Leo tried to resist, but it was useless as N was being really serious. 

 

 

'Hakyeon oppa? What are you doing here? Don't you have an event today?' You asked as you saw N appear. He said something to Minhyuk and he left, while N sat down beside you.

'Taekwoon's waiting for the doctor too so I came to check on you.' Doctor?

'Taekwoon oppa?'

'He sprained his ankle while running. So how are you?' N placed his hand on your forehead. He sprained it?! 

'Mm. Fine?'

 

 

Leo looked up to see Minhyuk beside him. What is he doing here? Leo did not acknowledge him and continued staring at his feet. He knew that he was going to get lectured if anyone found out that he was not concentrating while running and that he did not even do any warm-ups before that. 

'How's your ankle?' Seeing that he did not get any answer, Minhyuk was persuaded on his point. 'So you're gonna ignore me too?' How did he know? Did she tell him? She tells him about these? 'She didn't tell me. It's kind of obvious.' Obvious? 'She seems very down recently. Ever since the day out. And her eye bags are horrifying.' Still no response, even though Leo was paying attention. Do you really think I didn't realize that?

'Oh come on. I didn't kiss her.' Minhyuk said in frustration as he looked at Leo. And it took a few seconds for Leo to register that into his mind. He didn't? 'So stop ignoring her.' Leo finally turned to look at him. 'She didn't even sleep well because of you. And now she's sick.'

'She's taking painkillers. She say her stomach hurts. I don't think she talked to the doctor about it before.' Leo muttered.

Minhyuk sighed and eyed Leo. 'Fine. Looks like you'll be getting quite some time to yourselves anyway.' What does he mean by that. 'You would like to do something before I actually kiss her. And don't worry, I'll tell the doctor about it.' With that, Minhyuk left Leo alone.

 

 

'I already told you that I'm okay! See! I'm okay!' You spun a few rounds as you went down the corridor with Minhyuk following behind you. 

'Stop it already. You're going to bump into someone.' 

'I'm not! I'm perfectly fine!' You said, but you were starting to feel slightly dizzy as you steered towards the side of the corridor. 

Just then, a door opened and you knocked hard into something.

'YAH. CHA MINYEON. WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.' You looked up and saw a very upset N. 'You nearly knocked into Taekwoon oh my god can you URGHHH.' N shouted in frustration and that was when you noticed N holding onto Leo.

'Oh. I'm sorry oppa.' You immediately bowed to Leo but your head was still slightly giddy from the sudden movement and you stumbled a bit.

'Are you okay?' You looked up to find Leo holding onto you with his free arm. You nodded. 

'I told you so.' Minhyuk appeared behind you and Leo looked away. 'Since they're here, I'll go first. Remember to take your medicines on time. And get well soon, the both of you. Bye.' You waved as Minhyuk left, while Leo also felt relieved. 

 

'What did I do wrong that I have to take care of two sick people.' N was now sandwiched between the both of you as you headed to the exit. 

'I'm not sick!/I'm not sick.' The both of you said at the same time, giving him a surround sound effect, which annoyed him even more.

'Yeah right.'

 

 

'Wait, oppa, where am I going?' You asked N. You were in the van with the both of them, you sitting in Ken's usual seat, leaving a gap between yourself and Leo.

'Dorm? Oh and you're staying over tonight.' What? Leo removed his eyes from the window and looked at N.

'W-What?' You muttered.

'We have stuff to do, so we'll only be back in the morning. So you will be staying over.'

'I don't see the link between it.'

'You need to take care of Taekwoon, and Taekwoon have to take care of you.' What? Leo was staring at N by then. I'm not going? 'Leo you're not going anywhere with that leg.'

'Huh.' Oh right, Taekwoon oppa's leg. 'But my clothes?'

'Just wear mine.'

'It's too big.'

'Then wear someone else's.' 

'Uniform?'

'You need to rest tomorrow.'

'What?!' Okay. Chill. 'But I'm feeling better already!' And your voice just had to crack at the last word. 'Uh, uh.' . I ran out of excuses. 'Oppa can't you just go get my clothes?' You whined and pouted, and Leo turned to look at you and his eyes widened at your change in tone. 

'What am I? Your maid?'

'Then I'll go get it!' Why don't guys understand the troubles of being a girl! Stupid brother.

'You're sick.'

'Exactly.' N glared at your response.

'Okay. Fine. You're annoying.' Says the even more annoying one. 'So you go back with Taekwoon first. I'll go get your clothes. It's not good if you go back and forth. What do you need?' 

'I don't know.' You muttered half-heartedly. I need my garments! But how on earth do I say it when there's like Taekwoon oppa and the manager in the van right now. This is simply annoying. 

'And you expect me to get it for you? It's just two days and one night. Do you really need anything?' You took out your phone and ignored N. 'Yah. Where are your manners. You do not take out your phone and start texting someone else when your brother is talking to you. Do you hear me? I'm gonna tell umma if you don't put that thing down right now.' N tried to reach for your phone as he climbed onto his seat and the manager shot him a disapproving look. 'Taekwoon can you help me and take that thing out of her hands?' N asked as he realized that the distance was too far. 

Leo just looked at N, amused by the conversation between you siblings, but he obviously did not let it show. 'You two are so annoying!' N exclaimed as he looked at the both of you. 'Someone please tell me that it's not a bad idea to leave the both of you at the dorm.' How on earth does he speak THAT much? The both of you thought.

Just then, N's phone vibrated as you placed yours down. 

From: Pig

     Two sets of clothes. And bra and stuff. Shampoo and towel. Thanks.

Oh. Realization finally struck him. N turned to you. 'Clothes as in your usual right?' You nodded.

 

 

'Help Taekwoon up first. I'll be there soon.' N said as you came out of the van, and the both of you looked at each other. 

'It's okay. I can manage.' Leo said as he looked at you, with his legs halfway out of the van. 

'Wait. Yeon. Are you like too short.' You turned and glared at N. EESH. THAT. URGH. But it was true. You had no way of supporting him because of your height difference.

'I'm not!' You shouted. 'I'm not that short okay!' And your voice cracked again. You slowly moved towards  Leo and started looking at anything but him. But I don't know what to do either.

Leo looked at you. He actually needed help. 'I don't know. You guys figure it out.' N said and left to get your things without a moment of hesitation.

Leo saw the awkward distance between you and him and gestured you over before eyeing you. She IS short. 'FINE I AM SHORT. EESH. Oppa.' You muttered as you stomped your feet. Leo's eyes widened again as he looked at you.

After a moment of staring at you, he pulled you closer to him by the sleeve of your hoody. He then placed his arm over your shoulder and moved your left arm to wrap around his waist to support him. 'You okay with this?' 

You froze for a moment and nodded. 'But am I helping?' You felt that his grip was very loose on you, and you most probably would not help him at all if he stays like that.

'Yeah. A little.' 

You pouted. 'Maybe this will work better.' You pulled his arm around your shoulder tighter and held tighter to his waist, bringing yourself right next to him. 'It's okay. I'm strong.' You said and in the next second, you were doubting yourself. 

Meanwhile, Leo's heart was beating like there was no tomorrow, and he totally forgot about the pain from his leg. 'Oppa does it hurt a lot?' You asked but Leo did not hear you. You looked up at him to see him looking ahead, and suddenly got reminded about how he ignored you for the previous week. But didn't he talk to me just now though? 

Leo felt your shoulders droop a little and looked down to see you frowning while your eyes were glued onto the ground as you headed to the elevator. Did she say something? Oh no.

 

The silence was deafening in the elevator and you were still upset, while Leo did not know what to do after unintentionally ignoring you this time. He removed his hands from you and leaned on the sides of the lift as soon as you entered it, while you moved slightly away from him. 

'Minhyuk brought you to the hospital?' Leo asked first to show that he was not ignoring you anymore, but he was also unhappy with himself for bringing up that name. You nodded, without saying anything. Look at what you have done Jung Taekwoon. 

Leo racked his brains on what to say next, but by then, you have reached. You moved back to him and helped him to the dorm while the both of you did not utter a single word. 

His hands shook slightly while he keyed in the passcode, which you did not realize as you were still blanked out. Seriously, what do I do now? 'The couch will do.' Leo said as the both of you removed your shoes. Again, without saying anything, you helped him to the couch. 

You were about to go to the room, or anywhere away from him, when you felt someone pull onto the corner of your hoody. 'I'm sorry, for ignoring you.' You stood rooted to the ground. You felt him jerked harder onto your hoody and turned to look at him while he patted on the empty space on the couch beside him. 

You just stared at the couch. Well, he apologized didn't he? Fine. But I'm still not going to talk to him that easily. You sat down and did not look at him. 'Are you going to ignore me?' Leo asked as he looked at you. You thought for a moment before shaking your head. She's weird. 'Are you going to talk to me?' You shook your head again. 

You thought he gave up when silence ensued. But you were wrong. You felt him poke your arm. Once. Twice. The third time. You held back the urge to turn and glare at him. 

Seeing that you were not responding. Leo poked you by your waist and you jerked, sitting up straight. Hah. She's ticklish. He poked again, and you jerked again, still trying hard to not respond to him, but failing at the same time. 

You felt Leo edge closer to you and you immediately moved away. Can he stoppp. 'Don't!' You shouted as you grabbed onto his hand with both of your hands before he could poke you for the third time. 

Leo smirked as he looked at your face which was red. 'I thought you're not going to talk to me?' You finally looked at him with your hands still wrapped around his. But it was not helping as your hands were too small to be of much use. You pursed your lips together as you glared at Leo. 'Okay.' Leo nodded. And before you could do anything, he poked your other side with his free hand which you unfortunately forgot to hold captive. 

This time, you were determined to keep quiet and you began to swat his hands away from you, but it was not working. Leo began to tickle you as he leaned closer while you moved to the other end of the couch. You were squirming under him, while Leo smiled at your attempts to remain quiet. 'Oppa!' You gave up and shouted, but ended up coughing, hard.

Leo immediately got off you and looked at you worriedly. He had forgotten that you were still sick. He started to pat your back while you tried to get your breathe back. Screw him.

Just then, the door opened and N entered with your backpack in his hands. 'I told you to take care of each other, not kill each other.' He said with a frown on his face. 

'I didn't start it!' You exclaimed and turned to glare at Leo, your face still red. 

'Yah. Don't glare at Leo. He's older than you.' Leo smirked and you were so annoyed. N placed your bag on the ground by your leg. 'Oh by the way, Yeon, you got a new cap?'

'New cap?' What new cap?

'The one on your table?'

'Oh. That's-' N didn't hear you. Taekwoon oppa's. Which I forgot to return him.

'Nah, here's your stuff. I'll go first. Remember your meds.' N headed to the door. 'And don't kill each other.' With that, you were once again left with Leo.

There was a moment of silence, then the both of you turned to each other at the same time and you frowned. 'Oppa you just got yourself one million strikes.' You muttered stupidly and Leo smiled. He nodded. 'Now you have the most strikes.' He nodded again. 'Taekwoon oppa!' You stood up in frustration. 'Urghhh.' You groaned and was about to leave when you got held back again.

'Okay.' You sat back down on the couch. 'I thought you said that you were going to school?' Leo asked.

'Oh. Minhyuk oppa came to my house before I left for school and made me go to the hospital. But I'm fine already.' You answered and got a look from Leo. 'Maybe I'm not fully recovered but I'm not that sickkk.' Leo nodded while you pointed to his leg.

'Tripped and sprained it. Doesn't hurt that much.'

'Oh. Oppa. I forgot to return you your cap.' Leo looked at you questioningly. 'The one from your soccer practice.'

'You can keep it.' I've yet to return you your earpiece either.

 


 

[A/N] This is super late haha. I'm sorry guysss >< School just started last week and senior high is quite a change. Plus my phone spoilt so I could not do anything for an entire week since I write it on my phone and I was phoneless for a week. Since lessons have started, I might not be able to update that often. But I've gotten a new phone already sooo I guess I'll be motivated to update sooner. Hehe.

On a side note, my grammar still . Oops.

Do keep the comments and subscribers coming in! Thank you so much for your support <3