Chapter 5

This Is Then Counted

'Oppa I need to get something from home.' You pulled N away from the others as they alighted from the van.

'What thing?' Now what did she think of again.

'Uh, I think I left my phone at home. Can I go and get it?' By that time, the rest have already noticed that you and N have stopped behind them.

Leo looked at you as you fiddled with your hands behind your back again. Wasn't she using her phone in class?

‘I thought you brought it?' That's one more strike for you Jaehwan oppa. You squinted at Ken while N looked at you.

'I need to change out of my uniform.' Yeah, that's a better reason. 'The skirt is VERY uncomfortable.' More, me. 

'Okay then, get someone to go with you.' You could tell that N was not joking when he said that. 

'What?!' Oops. You responded too quickly on impulse. 'I mean, uh, I can just go back alone and go to the dorm. Yeah. It's not like I can go elsewhere when you're like, here.' I am totally not making sense.

'Yes you can. You think I'll let you run away again? You even left the house in a mess and was no where to be found. I was about to find you in the park when I found Leo instead. So, no. You're not going alone.' What? Oh so he did come. Crap. 

Leo was gradually making his way to your side until N continued talking. N looked around and saw Leo closest to you. 'Leo, no. You'll most probably run away together. Which will be the last thing I want happenning.' The protective and strict brother is appearing. Leo glared at N. He is SO annoying.

'Me me me!' Ken shouted excitedly. And what's with his excitement.

N eyed him up and down. 'No.' He turned to the three younger ones. 'Hyuk no. Okay, Ravi or Kong. Kong you go with her. And make sure she doesn't run away. And be back in an hour latest.' N pointed at you. 'You do whatever you want in that hour and I expect no more funny things from you after that at the dorm. Go shower or something.' You pouted but nodded still. You were planning to lock yourself in your home or something but your plan failed. 'Give me your bag.'

'Why?'

'So you don't have to bring it home and out again. You'll be doing your work at the dorm.' N raised his eyebrow at you as he stuck out his hand. You knew it was another one of his ways to make sure that you go to the dorm. Fine, I shall stop being annoying today. 

'See you, oppas!' You smiled at N and waved to the rest. 

'Hongbinie take good care of her okay.'

'Yes, hyung.' Hongbin nodded and followed behind you. 
 

 

'You're okay with this right? Can I?' You looked at Hongbin's arm floating over your shoulder as the both of you walked on. Hongbin was strikeless and he wanted to keep it that way. 

'Yepp oppa.' You then felt him placed his arm down on your shoulders. 

What on earth does he think he's doing. Unfortunately for Leo, staring could not remove Hongbin's arm from you. 

'We're not bad people Minyeonie. You don't have to be afraid of us.' 

'I know. Oppa and the others seem very nice.'

 

 

'Hongbin oppa, plain water or orange juice?'

'Plain water will do.' Hongbin noticed some frames hanging around on your walls. 'Did you take them yourself?' Hongbin asked as you handed him the water. You nodded. 'It's nice. You like photography too?'

'Thank you oppa. Yepp, but I don't always do it. Only when I feel like it.'

'You do a lot of things only when you feel like it right.' You nodded and Hongbin laughed. You could imagine your friends from your hometown squealing if they were with you right now. How can someone look so handsome. While Hakyeon oppa... Oops. You hurriedly mentally apologized to N.

'Hongbin oppa, I'll go shower first, you can look around freely but there's nothing much actually. I'll take quite some time. I'm sorry.' Hongbin waved you off as he continued to look at the pictures.

You tried to shower as quickly as possible and fully dried your hair with the hairdryer. Oh crap. Where's the comb. You forgot to bring it into the washroom and quickly went out. 

Hongbin turned to you and you smiled at him. 'Sorry Hongbin oppa, I'll be done soon. 3 more minutes.' You quickly rushed into your room and tied up your hair in a messy ponytail. 

 

'Okay, done oppa. We can go now. I think you're getting really bored.'

'You washed and dried your hair? Completely?' You nodded as Hongbin eyed you. What? Did I take that long? 'That's, fast. Oh and it wasn't that boring. You can play the piano too?' 

'Yeah.' You answered as you looked around for your phone to check the time. Hongbin saw you walking around the room for the third time as you kept looking at the table and couch. 

'Minyeonie did you lost something?'

'I think I can't find my phone. How much time do we have left?' You went back into the room to check if it was in the pocket of your uniform. Nope.

'30 minutes. Is it in your bag?' You then remembered that N took your bag. But I don't usually put it in there though.

'I'm not sure oppa. Or maybe I just dropped it around here or something.'

'I'll call Hakyeon hyung to check? If it's there then you don't have to keep searching.'

 

 

'Hakyeon hyung should stop being in the toilet when someone calls him.' Hyuk muttered as N's phone rang loudly in the living room. 

'Or maybe that person should stop calling when he's in the toilet.' Ken said as Hyuk went to answer the phone. 

'Oh it's Hongbin hyung.' Now everyone's attention was on Hyuk. 

'Did he lost her or something. Put it on speaker.' Ken said.

'Hongbin hyu-'

'OPPA-' You said at the same time as Hyuk. Then there was an awkward silence.

'I thought you said it was Hongbin.' You could hear Ravi through the phone. Wait. Did they put me on loudspeaker again. 

'Looks like that person who should stop calling at such timing is our Minyeonie.' You frowned when you heard Ken and Hongbin looked at you worriedly. 

'Ignore him.' Hongbin whispered to you.

'Hyung's in the toilet.' Hyuk said into the phone. Oh. So now how do I phrase this. You looked at Hongbin for help and he took his phone from you. 

'Minyeon can't find her phone. Can you check if it's in her bag?' Hongbin looked at you for confirmation that he did not say the wrong thing and you nodded. 

'Which compartment though hyung.' 

Hongbin turned to you and you whispered back. 'I'm not sure.' 

'She's not sure.' 

'Minyeon's the really forgetful type eyh.' Hongbin immediately coughed to cover it up but you clearly heard what Ken said. 

'Wait a minute, it's not with the books. I'll check the smaller compartment.' Then ruffling sounds was heard. 

'Hyuk-ah don't mess up her bag.' Ravi said, and soon they were all crowded around the bag, including Leo, who acted like he did not care as he leaned against the wall beside them. 

'Okay, found it! It's here.' 

'Thank you very much oppa.' You heaved a sigh of relief as Hongbin hung up. 

 

 

‘Hyuk put her stuff back neatly.’ Ravi said sternly as Hyuk placed down N’s phone.

‘Okay hyung. I know.’ Hyuk’s hand was still in your bag as he tried to put the stuff into place. Suddenly, his fingers wrapped around something. ‘Wait, there’s something here.’

‘Of course there’s something. Do you expect her bag to be empty.’ Ken muttered.

‘I mean there’s something weird.’ Hyuk pulled it out and a roll of bandage dropped out along with it while everyone turned to look at the bottle of pills he was holding onto. Before Hyuk could read what was on the label, Leo grabbed it from him.

Painkillers? ‘What is it Taekwoon hyung?’ Ravi leaned over and his expression changed.

‘You think Hakyeon hyung knows?’ Ravi asked. Leo thought back to how you never told N about your injury. Leo shook his head as he shoved the bottle and bandage back into your bag and zipped it up.

‘Why? What is it?’ Hyuk asked but he was ignored. He tried to take the bag but Leo held onto it and glared at Hyuk. ‘Sorry hyung.’ Hyuk returned to his seat across the room.

‘I’m going to tell Hakyeon hyung.’ Leo grabbed onto Ravi before he could stand up. ‘I have to tell him. I have a younger sister too. And I know that he needs to know even if she doesn’t want him to. Whatever she is going through.’

‘Let her tell him herself?’

‘That will take forever.’

‘I’ll talk to her.’ Ravi looked at Leo. ‘Then I’ll tell you if you need to tell him. Okay?’

‘Okay hyung. But don’t take too long.’ Ravi noted that Leo was looking after you a lot. Too much.
 

 

‘We’re hereee.’ Hongbin announced while you stayed behind him as you stepped into the dorm. 

‘Minyeon your phone’s in your bag.’ Hyuk said as he pointed at Leo.

You turned to see Leo stand up and walk towards you with your bag in his hands. ‘Thank you Hyuk oppa and Taekwoon oppa.’ 

You felt that the atmosphere in the dorm was quite quiet and Hongbin felt it too. Ravi gestured for you to go over and you sat down beside him on the couch. Did I do something wrong? I didn’t. Right? He saw Leo looking at him and he nodded. There’s really something on with Taekwoon hyung. 

‘Minyeon-ah, did you go into the wrong wardrobe?’ Huh? You look at Ravi. He laughed and pointed to your outfit. Totally not feminine at all. Ravi was trying to make you more comfortable with them by talking to you.

‘I only have hoodies and pants, Wonshik oppa.’

Just then, N returned to the living room and Ravi shouted to him. ‘Hyung! Why don’t you get any clothes for Minyeonie! Are these your hand-me-downs?’ 

‘Those are the only thing which she wears. Anything else like skirts or shorts or dresses, she’ll burn it. The only skirt she have yet to burn is her uniform. And my clothes are too big for her.’ 

Ravi looked at you and shook his head in dissatisfaction. ‘But you’re a girl!’

‘I don’t need you to tell me that I’m a girl oppa.’ You stated monotonously and Hyuk laughed.

‘Yah kids. Stop fooling around. Go do your work. Quick. Every one of you.’ N pointed at you. ‘Including you Yeon-ah.’

You opened your bag and took out your homework. Wait, where’s my phone. You opened the outside compartment and felt for your phone. As you pulled it out, your pills accidentally dropped out onto the ground. Holy. You quickly took it up and stuffed it back into your bag as you turned to N who was busy nagging at Hyuk. He didn’t see it. Okay. You looked around the room at the other members to find Leo looking straight at you. He saw. Crap. He saw. You quickly looked away from him and looked at your phone instead. Did the others see it when they were looking for my phone though. Did they tell Hakyeon oppa? Taekwoon oppa wouldn’t right? 

You  quickly took your stuff and sat down beside Hyuk at the table. Soon, the rest joined while N remained as the naggy traffic police. 

'Yah Wonshik-ah. Not there. Do your work here. Don't think of sleeping. Ken you too, get over here.' Tsk. Doesn't he have his own work to do. 

You started doing your work but you soon felt a sharp pain in your stomach. You looked up and saw the rest staring at their books. Crap. I can't take it now. You clutched onto your stomach with one hand while you continued to write with the other.


 

'Hakyeon hyung, you asked me to not sleep right?' N nodded at Ravi's question. 'But Minyeonie's knocked out.' Ravi pointed at you while your head rested on your right elbow on the table, with your left hand still clutching onto your shirt.

N looked at you and sighed. 'Yeah she's always like this. Total knock out when she studies too much. It happens a lot. But today's super early though. It's usually after a few hours.' N touched your forehead but felt nothing. 

'It's only merely one hour though hyung.' Hyuk stated as all of them looked at you. 

'Maybe she's just too tired. You guys carry on with your work.' N carried you up and moved you to the bedroom.


 

'Oh, you know, Minyeonie's really pretty with her hair down.' Hongbin earned a hard smack on his head after he whispered to Ravi. Leo stopped his work immediately as he heard Hongbin.

'Yah, if Hakyeon hyung heard. You're dead.' Ravi glared at Hongbin.

‘How do you know hyung?’ Hyuk asked.

'I saw. She can play the piano very well too. And she likes photography. She talks more when you’re alone with her.' Hongbin continued.

'Yah kids. I told you to continue with your work. We still have practice later.'

'What if Minyeonie doesn't wake up before we leave?' N paused at Ken's question. N did not expect you to fall asleep that early and had no idea what to do. He could not possibly leave you in the dorm as they might only return by dawn. 

'Taekwoon hyung can take care of her after we leave? She'll most probably be awake after his practice when he gets back right? Leave a note of something?' N thought for a moment at Ravi's suggestion and nodded. Now Taekwoon hyung owes me one. 


 

You woke up to a familiar pain in your stomach again and found yourself lying in a room. Oh crap where on earth am I.

'You're awake?' You flinched when you found Leo sitting beside you. Yeah duh? You decided to not sass him, after him helping you out previously. You nodded as you sat up but ended up clutching onto your stomach again. 'You okay?'

'Huh? Oh. Y-Yeah.' You stuttered as you looked away. 'Where's Hakyeon oppa?' You asked.

'They went for dance practice already.' Crap. So I’m alone?

'Huh? Oh. What about you Taekwoon oppa?' 

'I have soccer practice today, so I'll join them later.' That was when you noticed that Leo was in his soccer attire. Brilliant observation skills Cha Minyeon.

'Oh. Am I- I’m sorry for troubling you oppa. I shall go back now then.' You quickly stood up but Leo held onto your wrist. 

'No, don't-' You looked at Leo. 'I mean, uh, you don't have to be sorry. Um, Minyeon, are you done with your homework?' 

‘Y-yeah?’ You nodded. Stop freaking stuttering Cha Minyeon.

'Then, d-do you want to go with me?' Leo looked straight at you. Wait, what did I just say?

 


 

[A/N] Fifth chapter is up! Thank you sooo much for the subscribers and comments so far! This update didn't take that long right? :D Do continue to comment and subsribe! Hehe xD Thanksss!