Chapter 24

This Is Then Counted

 

He clenched his fists as he glared at Hyuk. W-What on earth does he think he's doing. S-She- Won't she- I swear I'm going to kill him.

 

Your eyes widened as he pulled away, taking a few seconds more than necessary to realize what just happened. While the rest of them did not dare to move as they waited for the worst. Which also struck Hyuk late. 

'Minyeonie?' Hyuk looked at you worriedly, afraid, too, of the relapse. Han Sanghyuk, what are you going to do if she gets a relapse? Did you not think at all before you-

'It's not coming.' You said silently as you stared at your hands. What? 'Nothing is coming. At all.' Nobody understood what was happening, not even you yourself. 

'Minyeon.' Miyoung went to you and pulled onto your hand. 'Let's just go first. Okay? It's late already anyways.'

'Why isn't it coming?' You asked to no one in particular, blankly walking to where ever Jinhye and Miyoung was leading you too. 

'Min, calm down, it's fine.' Jinhye patted your back gently. 'Isn't it a good thing that it isn't coming too?' 

'Y-Yeah but...'

 

Ravi looked at the other two males who have seemed to permanently froze in their places. Now what do I do with them. And he was actually extremely scared of Leo right then. Hyuk's going to get it.

'Let's go.' Ravi tapped on Hyuk's shoulder to get him moving, and turned to look at Leo, who was staring holes into Hyuk's back. 'Hyung.' This is bad. This is so bad. 

 

 

'Oh, Taekwoon ah. How come you're back alone?' Without a sound from Leo at all, he headed straight to the room and closed the door shut behind him. Is he that mad with their jamming on the car?

N turned to the door which clicked open after a few beeping sounds. 'Hakyeon hyung.' And with that, Hyuk disappeared into the other room. 

'Did they freaking fight or something? And where on earth is Wonshik?' 

Am I suppose to be glad that she didn't get a relapse? But her reaction. Maybe it's just 'cos she was worrying about her relapse? ... But then, why is Taekwoon hyung- Will they tell Hakyeon hyung? Why did you even do that in the first place then! Hyuk was mad at himself, for overlooking your relapse, even though it did not happen in the end, and for pushing things with you too far. 

 

 

'I told you so.' Miyoung muttered softly. 

'Yeah you fortune teller. Why not just tell us in the first place that Hyuk was going to kiss her? On the lips?' Jinhye got a glare from Miyoung.

'Girls. Don't fight. We already have enough problems right now.'

'But how did Yeon not get her relapse? It's like. Impossible.' 

'I'm pretty sure Leo oppa did something during that 1 hour.' Ravi turned to Jinhye sharply, but his head got turned back by force from Miyoung.

'You're driving.'

'Taekwoon hyung? How'd you-' He was interrupted by his phone ringing. 'Can someone help me with it?' Miyoung grabbed the phone and placed it on speaker.

'Wonshik-ah! Where are you?' . It's Hakyeon hyung. 

'Uh. I'm sending Jinhye and Miyoung back right now. I dropped off Minyeon and Hyukie and Taekwoon hyung first.' It was true. They decided that it was the best for you to get back first, but Leo got off the car too and headed straight for the dorm without any word said. And Hyuk followed blindly, but Leo was too fast for him, which explained his late entrance. 

'Okay. And. Did something happen to Hyukie? He looks dead.' N simply assumed that Leo was pissed off, as usual, and did not bother asking much about him. 

'A-Ah.' Ravi turned slightly to Jinhye who was shaking her head vigorously. 'Nothing happened.'

'Okay then. Make sure that the two girls get home safely. Thanks.'

'See you later hyung.' Miyoung hung up. '. Do we tell Hakyeon hyung?'

'No we don't. At least. Not yet. And you need to ask Leo oppa. If he didn't do anything. Min would definitely have had a relapse when Hyuk kissed her.'

'I still don't get it.' Ravi tried replaying what Jinhye just said in his mind, but it did not work.

'If Hyuk kissed her and she didn't relapse, it meant that Leo oppa did something that caused her relapse to be cured. If he didn't, then Min would have relapsed during the kiss.'

'What makes you think that Yeon doesn't like Hyuk?' There was a dead silence when Miyoung asked that. 'If she likes Hyuk, it doesn't mean that Leo oppa has to do something, and yet she'll not get the relapse when Hyuk kissed her.'

'That kind of makes sense.' Ravi said.

'But Leo oppa is the only one who stops her relapses!'

'Did Hyukie have a chance?'

'Oh my god stop stop. My head is hurting.' Jinhye groaned.

'You were the one who planned it.'

'How are you sure that the relapses are cured and not that it was an error or something?'

Ravi got a hard hit from the back of his head. 'Do you think it's a technical error huh? Error? You must be joking! Yeon isn't a machine or anything!' 

'Yah! You did not just hit me and shout at me you-'

'SO WHAT IF I DID.' Miyoung shouted back even louder this time.

'And he told us not to fight.' Jinhye muttered. 'But is it Hyuk or Leo oppa? Oh my god.'

 

 

Sanghyuk oppa likes me? B-But. How? Since when? A-And why didn't I get the relapse when he kissed me, on the lips?! Isn't the relapse suppose to happen? The doctor didn't say that the pills could cure it! He only said that it would calm the relapses. What the hell is happening?! 

Your head was in a mess as you laid in your bed. It was supposed to be a great thing that your phobia was seemingly cured. But then again, there were much more things on your mind. 

But. The kiss. At the water fountain. Taekwoon oppa was smiling. D-Does he like me? B-But. YAH CHAMINYEON. Don't put your hopes up high. But if he doesn't like me, why would he have done that? And he always holds my hand- And if Sanghyuk oppa doesn't like me, would he have done that too? I don't think anyone's suppose to kiss people whom they do not like randomly though? 

And. Taekwoon oppa saw. He saw Sanghyuk oppa kiss me. He didn't seem happy about it at all. Or was it just me again? URGHHH WHAT DO I DOO...

Sanghyuk oppa. It was my first kiss. But it wasn't how I expected it to be. Isn't one's first kiss supposed to be with someone you actually like? And it felt, - It didn't make me feel anything unlike- unlike-... unlike the fluttery feeling when Taekwoon oppa kissed my cheek...

And it's not like I can face them tomorrow when I have no idea what to do...

 


 

'Oh yeah. Yeonie wouldn't be going to school today. She texted me saying that she's sick.' Sick? N saw the look on Leo's face. 'Don't worry. She always fall sick if she plays too much the previous day.' 

'Fever? Cough?' Hyuk asked. Leo was ticked off simply by hearing his voice. But he had to keep himself in check. N will definitely dig into the matter if he finds them acting strange, and it will eventually lead to much madness in the dorm. And you would probably be quarintined by N. 

'Flu I think.' 

 

 

Time to mark my calendars! Day 1 of Cha Minyeon's truancy! I can't believe that I just got a medical certificate when I'm feeling perfectly fine. Maybe I should go be an actor or something! A three days mc to be exact! 

Now I have three whole days to figure out what I'm going to do and how I'm going to face them. 

But Hakyeon oppa wouldn't come to check on me right? Maybe he'll come after school or something. But then Sanghyuk or Taekwoon oppa wouldn't come along too right? Like, why would they?

Just then, your phone rang. Dang it. It's Hakyeon oppa.

You went back into your blankets as you answered the phone in the most nasal voice which you can come up with. 'Oppa?'

'Did I wake you up?'

It's 12pm excuse me, I even went to the doctor's already. 'Nooo, I was awake since a while ago.'

'How are you feeling? Are you going to see the doctor later?'

Your throat was starting to hurt as you continued speaking in that nasal tone. 'My head hurtsss, A-CHOO!' Oh damn that wasn't on purpose. Really. Don't tell me I'm really falling sick?

'Yeon?'

'Yeah, I'm okay. I went to see the doctor already. He said that I need to rest. And gave me a three days mc.'

'Three days?' She's not coming for three days? It's that serious? But since when does she voluntarily sees the doctor first? Is she doing this on purpose? Hearing this, Leo was even more upset. 'You sure you're okay?'

'Yeah...'

'Do you need me to come over later?'

'If you feel like it?'

'Okay. Wait. Three days.'

'Yeah, why?'

'We're starting our comeback preparation in two days. We wouldn't be going to school that often and I don't think you'll be able to come over anymore by then.' Everyone with N froze as they listened. What? But it struck Hyuk and Leo the hardest. So I won't be seeing her anymore? / This is crazy. 

That's super sudden. So I wouldn't be seeing them around anymore? Like at all? ... But then again, shouldn't that be good? 'O-Oh. Oppa I-'

'Need to rest? Okay. Remember to take your medicines on time. And drink more water. Bye.' 

You dumped your phone lifelessly on the pillow beside you. When he say not often, it probably means not at all right? But, how long will the preparation be. Wait a minute. After the preparation, will be the comeback. Doesn't that mean that they'll not have time at all? Why is this happening?! Aish, I don't even know anymore!

 

 

Ravi noticed that Leo did not seem like he was going to be less mad any time, and decided to ask him anyways. 'Hyung, where did you go when you were with Minyeon?' 

'Gardens. Fountain.' That damn fountain

The locations seem just right for them though... But he's going to kill me. Why am I even doing this in the first place? 'What did you guys do there?' What is this guy trying to find out? Leo glared at Ravi. 'Oh yeah. That was a dumb question. So just gardens and fountain?' 

'Yeah.'

'You sure you didn't do anything that might have gotten rid of the relapse?' Ravi asked cautiously. There. I've done it. Now somebody prepare my coffin and funeral and oh no, I haven't prepared my will.

What? What does anything got to do with- It can't be. 'We got cotton candy. Went to the gardens. The water fountain. And back.' Leo immediately walked away, leaving Ravi behind. It can't be that the kiss at the fountain did it. It doesn't even makes sense. Like. How? Does she even like me? If so, why is she avoiding me? Or does she actually like Sanghyuk? 

 

 

You were getting bored at home for the entire day, and finally decided to go to the mart to maybe get some ice cream. Not to forget, you still had absolutely no idea what to do. And had no one to talk to at all. Minhyuk oppa. He wouldn't tell anyone, would he?

Chocolate ice cream. Canned coffees. Everything was reminding you of him. And you were getting frustrated. This is stupid. 

You walked rounds and rounds around the mart, and the cashier was already judging you badly, while you told every single thing to Minhyuk through the phone. Including Leo. And the kiss. 

'Do you think that the one at the fountain stopped your relapses?'

'But that doesn't even make sense oppa.'

'But you like him.'

'Just because I like him, does it mean that my relapses will not come?'

'No, the thing is. Okay. Wait. Since when did you like him?'

'I don't knowww.'

'So. You know how he was the only one who was able to get close to you when you had your relapse?'

'Mmhmm.'

'That was when you already like him, even though you don't really know it yourself right?' You can put it that way? 'Then, at the fountain, you realize that he likes you too right?'

'But-' 

'Do you think he'll kiss you on the cheeks and grin like a stupid kid if he doesn't like you? Do you think he is that crazy?'

'He isn't crazy okay.'

'Okay, fine. Yes. So he likes you. Then, the one with Hyuk that you didn't get a relapse-'

'But if I like him and I know that he likes me back but that still doesn't mean that my relapse will be gone!'

'Well at least that's the closest assumption that I can make?'

'You're not helping at all.'

'What are you going to do now?'

'How'd I know! I got a three days mc today.'

'Why? Are you sick?' There was silence. Wait. She doesn't sound sick to me at all. 'You faked a mc?!'

'No! How would I be able to fake an mc?'

'Then?'

'It's just that, erm, I faked my illness and the doctor gave me a mc so technically I didn't fake a mc-'

'Yeah right. Does Hakyeon know?'

'Nobody knows. Other than you.'

'So you're making me your partner in crime.'

'It's not crime. It's just taking time off to think.'

'But you're not thinking.'

'You're suppose to help me!'

'Okay. Start thinking. Are you going to tell him that you like him?'

'No. I can't. There's Sanghyuk oppa.'

'Do you like him then?'

'It's not that I don't like Sanghyuk oppa but it's just that I don't like him the way-'

'You like Taekwoon.'

'... Mm yeah.' You replied hesistantly. 

'You still need to let Hyuk know though. That you don't like him the same way.'

'I know.'

'Then how about Taekwoon?'

'What about him?'

'He did kiss you too right? Just not on the lips.'

'Am I suppose to tell him that I don't like him too?'

'Yeah? Since you said that you can't tell him that you like him. Are you going to just leave him hanging?'

'This is stupid. How am I suppose to do that?'

'Can't you just tell Taekwoon that you like him?'

'I can't! I'll end up ruining their relationship if I tell him that! And Hakyeon oppa will kill him if he finds out. If I just tell Sanghyuk oppa that I don't like him, and Taekwoon oppa too, nobody will get killed!'

'Okay. If that's what you want.' Though I don't think it's going to work out.

'Don't tell anyone at all okay oppa!'

'Yeahyeah. Why would I.'

'Thank you! Bye!'

 

 

You hung up and headed back to get your ice cream. 'Minyeon?' .

'Sanghyuk oppa.'

'I thought you're sick?' Double . / She doesn't look sick to me at all? And she's even getting ice cream.

'U-Uh that...' 

'Let's go out to talk.' Hyuk looked around before holding onto your hand and pulling you out of the mart.

You looked at your hands, not feeling anything at all. Looks like I really like Taekwoon oppa. 

 

 

You were extremely quiet as you avoided looking at Hyuk. 'You don't like me, do you?'

'O-ppa.'

'It's okay. You can just tell me. I'm fine. I think.'

'It's not that I don't like you. It's just that-'

'You don't like me the way I like you.' You paused.

'You're a really nice older brother, kind of person to me. I-'

'That's a really nice way to put it.'

'S-Sanghyuk oppa.'

'It's okay.' No, actually it's not. 'At least you made it clear. Don't worry. I won't tell hyung that you're actually not sick. I'll go first.' It was extremely obvious that Hyuk was not okay with it. And you felt even guiltier. 

'Oppa-' You wanted to apologize, but tripped on your feet and fell forward instead.

And found his arms wrapped around your waist. 'I'm sorry. I'm really -' You quickly tried to push him away gently, but Hyuk tightened his grip around you. 

'Can you just stay like this for a while?'

'Sanghyuk oppa-'

'Please?' You kept quiet and stayed still as he rested his chin on your head. 'But even if you don't like me, can you don't avoid me? I won't do anything to you anymore. I'm sorry I didn't think about my actions before doing it yesterday. Luckily you didn't get a relapse. I'm really sorry.' You could hear his voice breaking, and he did not loosen his grip at all.

It's not that I'm avoiding you... There's still Taekwoon oppa... 'I'm really sorry oppa. I won't avoid you anymore. I'm sorry...'

'You'll come to school tomorrow right?'

You stiffened. But I can't possibly say no to him after what I've done. 'O-Okay.' Hyuk finally smiled. 'But you can't ignore me either okay?'

'Of course.' You were glad that Hyuk was smiling as he ruffled your hair, letting you out of his arms. 'I'll see you tomorrow then. I've been grocery shopping for a bit too long already.'

'See you, oppa.' At least that's one down. Now it's left with Taekwoon oppa. You smiled slightly as you watched Hyuk head off first, but something someone, caught your eye. 

He was standing across the road from the playground you were at. Without looking at you at all, he turned and walked away. . It was impossible for you to not recognize him. And it was easier with his hood down. 

 

 

She doesn't seem sick at all. And since when do people get groceries in the playground.

 

T-Taekwoon oppa didn't see, did he?

 


 

[A/N] Damn. This chapter was short and crappy. I'm really sorry Dx

Now I shall go and hide in a corner to prevent myself from getting killed with this chapter xD What have I done... 

I'm like being a terrible terrible person with the latest chapters oops.

But thank you so much for the comments on the previous chapter omg xD Thank you sooo sooo sooo sooo much <3

Do keep the comments coming in please! And subscribe too! Comment comment comment! <3

Thank you!

<3