Chapter 25

This Is Then Counted
 
T-Taekwoon oppa. But you can't! You already said that you won't be telling him that you like him! So why would you go after him now? 
 
Despite that, you moved your feet, but ended up dropping on the ground, with your phone crashing loudly onto the rough surface. Oh my god. You stared at the rock.That damn freaking rock! Isn't it enough to make me trip just once? Are you not satisfied that I didn't fall the first time? You stupid freaking rock! Even my phone is cracked now!
 
You were so frustrated that you were actually venting your anger on the small rock on the ground. You moved your feet in an attempt to kick it, but felt a sharp pain surge up your leg instead. 'Ahh! Aish stupid freaking- bastards.' You did not realize that you had tears rolling down your cheeks while you held onto your ankle. Just my luck. Why is this happening to me? 
 
'Don't move.' You stared at the hand which was removing yours from your ankle, recognizing the voice immediately. Just my flipping luck. 
 
'D-Don't!' You cried softly. His hand immediately stopped moving. 
 
'I'm sorry.' Leo lifted your feet slightly and tried to look at the other side, which was unfortunately bleeding due to the friction made with the ground when you fell. 'It's going to hurt.'
 
This is like deja vu. Without the freaking dog. If I didn't come out that day, I wouldn't have met him and I wouldn't be in this pile of crap right now. Eesh stupid Cha Minyeon! You lifted your hands to wipe off your tears, but they still kept coming. 'This time you can't run away.' Oh yay me. 
 
'Yah. Min-ah. Why are you crying? Does it hurt that much?' You felt Leo's free hand on your cheeks, wiping your tears off. Great. This is totally going to work out. How am I suppose to tell him? 'Don't cry already. Shh.' You glared at him through your tears. 
 
'Done crying?' You ignored him as you stared at your bleeding ankle. 'I don't think you'll be able to get on my back right?' Now what's with him. 
 
Your mouth dropped open and your eyes widened as his arm went under your knees and another under your back and carried you up bridal style. 
 
'W-What are you doing.' She's finally talking. 'I c-can walk.'
 
'Yeah right. Your arms.' You hesitantly wrapped your arms around his neck, still trying to not look at him. She's still avoiding me. But, why? And did she really- Why were they hugging just now. And Hyuk was smiling at her. Leo turned around when he heard something drop from afar, and freaked out when he saw you on the ground. Every single time, without fail. Whenever he gets jealous, something bad will happen to you. Every. Single. Time. I should get myself in check. 
 
 
 
You tried hard not to squirm. I am certain that I am able to walk. Or limp. I don't need him to carry me like that.  
 
Leo had his eyes glued to the front while you looked at anything but him. And people are staring. 
 
He stopped walking and looked at you when you pulled his hood over his head. 'People are staring. They might recognize you.' You added, 'I can walk by myself actually.' With that, Leo started walking again. 
 
 
 
You had to press the floor number and key in the passcode, while Leo carried you the entire time. 
 
Isn't he going to ask me anything? He placed you down on your bed, and removed his hood while he looked at you, you instinctively looking away. He should have kept it on. It's easier when his face is covered even a little. 'Where's the first aid box?' Anything as in anything about Sanghyuk oppa? 
 
'It's okay. I can do it by myself. You can go already.' You said as you sat up straight on your bed. Or at least you attempted to, before you were pushed down again. 
 
'Where is it?' He thinks he can get things done his way if he uses that tone uh? 
 
'Left cabinet below the counter in the kitchen. I really can-' He left the room without waiting for you to finish your sentence. Why do I even like him? 
 
 
 
It's probably not going to be that pain right? You watch as he returned and sat on the side of your bed, before moving your leg again. 
 
'Ah!' Leo's head shot up and looked at you, his hand stopping any movement he made. 'It hurts.' You said, softer. 
 
'I'm sorry. I'll be careful.' Leo looked at your injury. Why is the ground at the playground this rough in the first place? It's going to take some time to heal and there might be scars. Plus it will hurt when she gets water on it. And if I'm not wrong, she sprained it too. 
 
'Mm.' Where does he even learn all these in the first place? Is learning how to treat sprained ankles and cuts a prerequisite to being an idol? Oh damn I'm starting to think of weird stuff now. Get a grip on yourself Cha Minyeon. 
 
You unconsciously stared at Leo as he applied ointment on the bundle of cuts you got. Him placing all his attention on your wound. When am I going to tell him? 
 
 
 
'Min-ah, tell me if it hurts.' There was no response from you and Leo looked up, to find you asleep. Did it really not hurt at all? I doubt it. But she could still sleep? 
 
He adjusted you so you were lying comfortably, with your ankle propped up with a pillow. His attention switched to your phone when it lit up and vibrated next to you. 
 
At first glance, it was the cracks by the corner of the screen which caught his attention, but then it was soon the message.
 
From: Minhyuk Oppa
     I've been thinking about it but I really don't think it's right. 
 
Don't think what's right? The phone vibrated twice. 
 
Through the cracks on the screen, Leo could still see the words clearly. 
 
     Are you really not going to tell Taekwoon that you like him?
 
Leo stared at the screen blankly, rereading the sentence countless of times. Then came in an influx of messages.
 
     Do you really think that just by telling the both of them that you don't like them will not tarnish their relationship?
 
     Well, I understand that you're telling Hyuk the truth but do you really think that you can tell Taekwoon that?
 
     Are you really fine with it?
 
Leo looked at you, then at your phone again.
 
     Yah, Cha Minyeon. Stop staring at your phone and reply me.
 
Within seconds right after he read the last message, the phone rang. 
 
'Yah, are you done thinking?'
 
'Yeah.' . Holy . You must be kidding me. What am I suppose to- 'Go on. Tell me.' Cha Minyeon's going to kill me. Either that or I'll get killed by Taekwoon.
 
'I'm not telling.'
 
'I'm waiting.' . No. It's okay Lee Minhyuk. Stay strong. 
 
'Still not telling.' There was silence. 'Wait. Where's Minyeon? Why is she with you? I thought she said that she's going to-' 
 
'Going to?'
 
'Nothing.' Don't tell me this girl went to find him to tell him that she doesn't like him? Impossible. It's Taekwoon. She can't possibly bring herself to do that. Especially when she got a freaking mc to avoid him. 
 
'Say it.'
 
'No. Why is she with you?'
 
Beep. Beep. Beep. 
 
Minhyuk stared at his phone in disbelief. Did that guy just freaking hang up on me? Who does he think he is! He tried calling back, but his calls were dismissed immediately. That freaking bastard. And I actually didn't go against him with Minyeon! That. Unthankful. Brat
 
 
 
You woke up with a slight headache and parched throat. Oh damn, I'm really falling sick. Without opening your eyes, you reached for your phone on your side-table, but ended up staring at the post it note on its screen.
 
Min-ah,
Be careful when you shower, if water gets in, it'll hurt. You sprained it and the cuts are gathered together so it might hurt also when you move it. But it's better to have it checked at the doctor's. 
 
How am I suppose to go to the doctor's if I can't move? 
 
I'll come over tonight to change the bandage for you. 
-Taekwoon
 
He must be freaking kidding me. Why on earth would he come over again?
 
I can't even go to school like this. I'll get slaughtered if Hakyeon oppa sees this and finds out that I was out at night when I was supposed to be sick. And look who really fell sick. But Sanghyuk oppa. Crap. I told him that I'll go today. 
 
 
 
'Hello?'
 
'Sanghyuk oppa?' And 24 hours ago I was faking my voice. Must be karma. 'I really fell sick. I'm sorry I can't go to school today.'
 
'Oh. Why are you saying sorry? You sure you're fine?'
 
'But I told you that I'll go today. Yeah... Just sore throat and very extremely mild fever.' 
 
'Okay okay. Rest well. Continue sleeping.'
 
'Bye oppa.'
 
'Mmhmm. Bye.'
 
Am I being a jerk by acting like nothing happened? But he didn't want me to avoid him right? Will this hurt him even more though? 
 
'Who's that?' Hyuk turned to Hongbin. 
 
'Oh. Minyeon called and say that she's still unwell so she wouldn't be coming today.' 
 
'Okay. But, why would she call you anyways.' Ravi asked, and Leo turned to Hyuk too. 
 
'It's just that. I called her yesterday to ask her if she's feeling well, and if she is, she should come today or we'll not be able to see her for the time being.'
 
What called her? More like meet her at the playground and hug her for who knows how long and who knows why. 
 
 
 
You were eyeing your cracked screen when you heard the door click. Don't tell me it's Taekwoon oppa? This early? You quickly covered your bandaged feet with your blankets. 
 
'Yeon-ah, you feeling okay?' N came in, with Hongbin and Ravi behind. You continued staring at the door, seeing if anyone else would appear. 
 
'Uh- Yeah...' You looked strangely at the other two males as N sat on your bed and placed his hand on your forehead. What are the two of them doing here?
 
'Did you take your medicines on time?' You nodded, still staring at the both of them. N turned to look at them, and back at you. 'They came along to say bye. Since we wouldn't be going to school from tomorrow onwards. And they wouldn't be able to see you.' Them two only? 'I didn't allow all of them to come since you're sick and it might end up being a zoo here.'
 
'I won the slot by making a poem! Do you want to-'
 
'Ah no, it's okay Wonshik oppa. Thank you.' You cut him off and smiled.
 
'Rest well okay Minyeonie. I'll miss having you around.' Hongbin ruffled your hair. 
 
'More like miss having someone who knows about your crush around.' Hongbin smacked Ravi hard in the stomach. 
 
'Thank you oppa. I think you should go, before you catch the flu from me.' 
 
'Okay. Take care of yourself Minyeon-ah.' You waved to the both of them, but grabbed onto N's shirt. 
 
'Oppa, can you help me with something?'
 
 
 
'Taekwoon hyung. She really is sick.' Leo looked at Ravi. Really? She's not faking it? 'Fever and sore throat. She sounded terrible.' That's bad. With her ankle too. 
 
'That weird woman. Did her fever get to her? Now I have to spend time to memorize the passcode again.' Memorize what passcode?
 
'What thing?' Ken asked.
 
'Her house passcode. She suddenly asked me to changed it.'
 
Leo froze. She what? Is she doing this on purpose? 
 
 
 
Minhyuk sighed when he saw the Caller ID of the incoming call. What does he want this time? 
 
'What's her passcode?' Oh damn. That was fast. A few minutes ago, you just texted Minhyuk your new passcode which you asked N to change to. 
 
'I'm not telling you!'
 
'Quick. It's late already.'
 
'Exactly. It's late, so why do you want her passcode?'
 
'Give it!'
 
'I already didn't tell her that you know that she likes you. I'm not giving it to you!'
 
'Just give me the damn code.'
 
'Why aren't you doing anything when you like her too?'
 
 

 
You looked at your newly bandaged ankle again. You blinked. It's new alright. He came last night when I was asleep? But I thought the code is changed? ... Why on earth would Hakyeon oppa tell it to him? 
 
You reached out for your phone and found another note on it. 
 
Min-ah, 
I won't be coming over anymore since our practices start tomorrow and there's no time. When you can move around more easily, remember to see the doctor. Drink more water, and don't fall sick. And change the code back to the original one. Hakyeon has trouble memorizing the new one. And he isn't the one who gave it to me. Rest well. 
-Taekwoon
 
He is flipping annoying. You stared at the note. I don't get what tone I'm suppose to receive this message in. Is he pissed? And if Hakyeon oppa didn't give him the code, Minhyuk oppa? Why would he! This is making it a lot more harder for me to tell him that I don't like him! And it's stupid! 
 
 

 
 
It was almost three weeks since you last saw any of them. And your ankle has recovered. For nearly three weeks, you went to school alone, attended lessons alone, had lunch alone. Without any of the members to annoy you, without Leo to help you when you were being dumb. And Leo's absence was hitting you harder than you expected. 
 
How on earth am I suppose to tell him that I don't like him when I actually do? And now that I actually miss him. This entire feelings thing is screwing me up! And are they doing well with the practices? Is Hakyeon oppa being too hard on them? 
 
You no longer had any night visits from Leo, and there were no more post its on your phone when you woke up, which you were silently hoping for to be there the next morning. 
 
 
 
You were struggling with your revision at home when your phone vibrated. 
 
From: Minhyuk Oppa
     Yah, I heard that Taekwoon is sick. 
 
You read the message again. Twice. Thrice. Sick? How sick? How did he fall sick? Is he resting? Is it bad? 
 
Uhuh then?
 
     Are you not going to see him?
 
Me? Why should I?
 
     Fine by me. 
 
But is he still practicing even though he's sick? Wouldn't it get worse? You stared at your phone. Arghh stupid Minhyuk oppa! What are you trying to do to me! 
 
Should I go? Should I not go? But he's sick! So what? You're not suppose to care! But Taekwoon oppa is sick! Aisshhh. I don't even know anymore. I'm suppose to be avoiding him! I can't just- 
 
 

 

 
 
From: Minyeonie
     Oppa, do you have a few minutes to spare?
 
It's from her alright. But. Why? I thought she's avoiding me? 
 
Where? At the company?
 
     Yeah.
 
She's really coming? Did something happen? Or will she be telling me? That she doesn't like me when she actually does? But of all days today? Why would she? 
 
 
 
You waited impatiently as you held onto the small plastic bag in your hands tightly. What am I even doing here. Oh my god I should start thinking clearly. This isn't according to your plans Cha Minyeon! You could still imagine Minhyuk's reaction when you asked him for their company's address.
 
'Min-ah.' You immediately turned around, to find Leo standing in front of you, beads of sweat visible on his forehead. He looks even more paler than usual, if that is even possible. 
 
You could not help but to notice an awkward distance between the both of you where he stopped. 'Min-ah, is something wrong?' You looked at him. And he sounds extremely tired. 
 
You shook your head. 
 
'You sure?' Then why did she call me out? And why did she come all the way here? 
 
You nodded. Yah, Cha Minyeon. Are you going to give it or not? What are you doing just standing here and not speaking at all? You mentally screamed at yourself. 
 
Leo looked at you. Then? 'T-Then I'll get going.' He turned around but you pulled onto his hand. This time it was not his shirt, but his hand. And he froze. 
 
You did not remove your eyes from him and he was honestly getting uncomfortable from your staring. You jerked onto his hand slightly and gestured for him to bend down, which he did, while he looked at you slightly. 'Why?' You placed your hand on his forehead. It's a little warm. 'Yah. What are you d-'
 
He stopped mid-sentence when your hand lowered to cover his eyes. S-She-
 
And he felt you kiss his cheek, barely noticing the plastic bag you slipped into his hand at the same time. 
 
'Don't fall sick Taekwoon oppa.' You did not look at him as you removed your hands and quickly left without turning back. Did she just-?
 

 

[A/N] xD How was it how was it how was it ermagahd xD /shrieking in fear

Hope that you guys were satisfied with this chapter! :D

Thank you for the subscribes and comments and upvote ;)

Do keep commenting! And do subscribe! :D It's really great to hear from you :)

Thank you!

<3