Chapter 31

This Is Then Counted

You watched Leo as he moved around the kitchen, preparing what he called a 'secret dish' for you. The only thing which you were allowed to do was to sit at the table and watch him. And occasionally tell him where the condiments were.

'Taekwoon oppa,'

'Hmm?'

'You sure you don't need help?'

'Sh.' You rolled your eyes as you rested your head on the table, not removing your eyes from his back. 

'Are you done yet~' This time, he did not even bother to respond. Eesh. Fine. 'Meanie. Baddie.' There was still no response. 'I hate you.' You grinned when you saw him flinch. 'Jung Taekwoon-sshi.'

Just what is she trying to do. Leo tried to focus on the task at hand but was getting greatly distracted by your random mumbling behind him. 'Woonie oppaaa.'

You internally cheered when he finally turned around to face you. 'What?'

You pouted as you looked at him, who had that expressionless face on, unamused. 'Nothing.' And he immediately went back to cooking.

After getting tired of calling him names which you did not get any form of response to, you decided to remain quiet at last as you settled with staring at his back view. But meanwhile, Leo was starting to find it weird that no sounds were coming out of you. Which resulted in him to constantly turn around to check on you, just to find your eyes glued onto him. Which you were pretty satisfied with.

‘Minyeon-ah.’ He said, and turned back again when he was the one who did not get an answer this time. You stuck out your tongue at him and you swore you saw the sides of his mouth tilt upwards slightly.

‘Taekwoon-ah.’ You mimicked, at the same time trying not to be too caught up with how you just missed out the ‘oppa’ on purpose. He wouldn’t kill me for that right?

You saw Leo look at you weirdly, Did she just call me that? Without the ‘oppa’? She’s being really strange today. ‘Min-‘

You were preparing yourself for what he would say as you bit onto your lips, and your phone came to save you as it started ringing again.

‘Minhyuk oppa?’ Why would he be calling me? You answered the phone as you shrugged at Leo who suddenly appeared next to you. You were about to ask him what he was doing until you found him leaning near your phone. Eesh why is he trying to eavesdrop? It’s just Minhyuk oppa. And a phone call. ‘Hello?’

You pushed Leo away gently by his shoulder as his face was too close for your liking heart to handle, but it did not work as he leaned in even closer. Why would Minhyuk be calling her all of a sudden? ‘Minyeonie!’ That doesn’t sound like Minhyuk at all. Leo could feel you flinching when the other end shouted through the phone.

‘You’re not Minhyuk oppa.’

‘Why don’t you sound happy to hear me?! Hey you can’t be bias you know!’ Leo struggled to find out who it was as he stuck his ear closer to your phone, and he could feel you squirming next to him. You laughed awkwardly into the phone as you tried pushing Leo away again, only to find him frowning at you. Don’t tell me he’s going to get jealous just like that?

‘Okayokay.’ You said in defeat as you stopped pushing him away, and Leo grinned. Stupid annoying Jung Taekwoon.

‘What?’

‘Not you.’

‘You haven’t greeted me yet.’

‘Hi.’ You mumbled, trying not to groan. Why is Minhyuk oppa’s phone with this dude in the first place?

‘Properly.’ And I should totally stop hanging out with annoying males. Leo still could not figure out who it was as he kept tugging onto your arm, trying to get you to tell him. You ignored him, but he started poking you while you ended up swatting his hands away.

‘Hello. Sungjae.’ That stopped his poking attempts. Sungjae? Why would he be calling her?

‘Where’s the oppa?’

‘Oppa.’ I don’t get why they keep making me call them oppa when we’re technically of the same age! You frowned as you contemplated whether or not to hang up straight away. ‘Go awayyy. Where’s Minhyuk oppa?’

‘Say ‘Sungjae oppa’ nicely and I’ll tell you-‘

Leo looked at you strangely as you hung up on him. ‘Why would Sungjae call you?’ He was trying to sound calm, and to control himself which was easier seeing that you were the one who hung up.

‘I don’t know. He does that sometimes. Then he gets scolded by Minhyuk oppa.’ You said it mindlessly as you got a good look of the person in front of you. He likes her doesn’t he? And she probably doesn’t know. Which is fine. I guess.

‘Okay. I’m almost done.’ You frowned when Leo knocked your head slightly and went back to his cooking. Maybe I shouldn’t have hung up that fast so that he could stay here longer. You pouted again as you went back to staring at his back, throwing mild insults at him mentally.

‘Annoying.’ You mumbled softly, expecting no reaction from him again.

‘Are you scolding me?’

‘I’m scolding my bear. It’s annoying.’ Leo turned around as he transferred the food onto a plate, and made his way to you. When did she take that out? ‘See. It doesn’t respond and it just smiles and it’s so fat and it’s so squishy and annoying.’ You shook the teddy in your hands vigorously, not looking at the person who had settled down opposite you. ‘It’s just smiling every single second, and then when I’m sad it continues smiling.’ You turned the teddy to face Leo as you jabbed its face. ‘Like the person opposite me.’ You whined as you covered your face with the bear, not wanting to see his reaction.

Leo smiled as he saw your interaction with the soft toy. ‘Stop bullying the poor bear. Eat.’ You frowned when you felt him pull it away, and your vision was replaced with the plate of spaghetti before you.

‘If I eat this now, I’ll be too full for dinner later.’ You grinned, eyeing the scrumptious looking dish before you. No one has ever put in that much effort to cook for you, and only you, except for your parents, and the most N and Minhyuk would do was some easy peasy instant dish that was convenient to make.

‘You said you don’t eat dinner.’ Seeing you grinning, he was extremely satisfied.

‘Thank you Woonie oppa!’  You immediately dug in, and were impressed by how well he could cook, especially for a guy. Even you yourself could not cook something that nice. ‘Oppa you should teach me how to cook like this some day.’ You said as you lifted your fork to feed him a mouth. ‘Say ahhh-‘ You giggled when you saw him eyeing you weirdly again, but he did not object to it.

‘I can cook for you whenever you want.’ You could feel your cheeks burning up slightly as you stuck your eyes to the plate again.

‘You can’t take that back oppa.’

 

 

 

‘MINYEONIE’S HERE!’ Ken screamed when you opened the door. When was the last time I came over? … It’s in a mess now that I’ve not been here for months. Maybe I should drop by now and then to clean up for them.

‘Oh Taekwoon you’re back too.’ N said as he patted your head and nodded to Leo who came in not long after you. ‘Did you shrink in the past weeks?’

You eyed N as you were dragged into the living room where everyone was gathered, with them giving you and Leo looks. If those oppas don’t keep it down, Hakyeon oppa’s going to find out before I think of a way to tell him! ‘It’s not possible for me to shrink. You just grew taller oppa.’ You mumbled as you sat down at an empty spot, with N next to you. You turned to look at Leo, but before he could even get closer to you, Hyuk appeared on your other side. But-

‘If you shrink, I don’t think I can even see you anymore.’ Hyuk joked as he edged closer to you, ruffling your hair at the same time.

The members looked at each other uncomfortably and then at Leo. They heard from Ken about Hyuk finding out at the mart, and was worried that he would tell Leo, or throw a tantrum. But what they did not expect was for him to act as though nothing happened. Actually it was not exactly as though nothing happened, but he was getting extremely close to you, ignoring Leo’s presence.

What is he trying to do? Leo saw you looking at him but nodded back slightly, as he made his way to the spot between Ravi and Ken instead, which was nearly at the other end of the room. You could not possibly ask N to move away, and you did not have any reason to tell Hyuk to move away either. It’s not like I can just say ‘I want to sit with Taekwoon oppa’ right?

Hyuk noticed you and Leo exchanging looks but was not shaken. Seeing how N was occupied over calling for delivery and that the rest of his hyungs were being extremely quiet, he figured that N was the only one left who did not know. But it was not his plan to tell him either, partly because of the consequence. He did not want to risk not seeing you, if N do find out. He believed that N would not be afraid of doing anything extreme, which he was not exactly quite sure what it could be.

‘What have you been doing recently? How’s school?’ Hyuk asked as he placed his arm over your shoulder, which you got quite concerned with, though you tried not to let it show.

‘Nothing much. It’s okay, Jin’s keeping me company.’ You answered as you smiled at him slightly, assuming that he was just behaving like this from not seeing you for quite some time.

Nothing much huh? Yeah, it’s not like she was going to answer you ‘Oh, I’ve gotten a boyfriend and it’s Taekwoon oppa.’. Hyuk nodded as he continued, telling you about their practices and how things were going, more specifically, how everyone was doing except for Leo.

 

 

‘He looked like he wanted to kill someone when he came back.’ Ravi whispered to Leo while Hongbin busied himself with choosing a movie while waiting for the food to arrive.

‘But he didn’t say anything about it or tell Hakyeon hyung.’ Ken added softly. Leo simply nodded again as he kept his eyes glued on the both of you.

I can’t just take Hakyeon’s seat like that. I can’t ask Sanghyuk to move away either. Hakyeon will find out. What is he planning anyways?

‘Hyung, do you think that he’s trying to say that he’s not going to back down?’ Ravi asked, which earned a disapproving look from both Ken and Hongbin.

‘Wonshik can you keep your thoughts to yourself?’ Ken muttered as he looked over to N, making sure that he was not in hearing distance.

‘Don’t scold him.’ Leo hit Ken once lightly on his lap. Yeah, that might be the case.

 

 

For the entire evening into the night, both N and Hyuk did not leave you. N was keeping himself updated with how you were genuinely doing, regarding your studies and health, while Hyuk was simply trying to keep Leo away from you.

Halfway through the movie, which you successfully persuaded Hongbin not to choose a horror one after much bickering and silent, hard hits from Leo too, you found yourself dozing off and ended up being carried into the room by N.

And once you were brought away, Hyuk became moody again when N made him stay in the living room. Almost immediately, Leo stood up and followed N in, which no one, not even N could stop, since Leo always got to do what he wanted to, and it was not unusual for him to decide to rest early.

 

N turned around to find Leo by the door after he tucked you in. ‘Oh Taekwoon. It might be a little tight tonight. You and the kids will have to move towards the right a little, and remember to leave a space for me before you sleep.’ You were sleeping on the most left of the room, in N’s usual spot, which was next to Leo.

So you’re going to be between the both of us? Leo looked between you and N, before nodding slightly. At least it’s not any of the kids. He looked at N one last time before the latter made his way back to the living room where Ravi and Hongbin were bickering to get his attention. You shouldn’t trust me that much.

 


 

'Min-ah,' Leo said softly, but it did not get any form of response from you at all. 'Minyeon-ah? Wake up.' He shook you by your shoulder gently, which did not work either.

'I don't have to wake up on a Saturday.' You mumbled as you flipped over to face the wall. Not every day is a Saturday Minyeon-ah.

'You're going to be late if you don't wake up.' He tried again, this time slightly louder, hoping to not wake the others up.

'Go away appa...' You mumbled, still not opening your eyes. Appa?

'Min?' Leo tried pulling onto your arm harder. 'Wake up, it's late. You have school.'

'Hmm?' You mumbled as you felt yourself getting pulled up, with one of Leo’s arm behind your back, while the other was on your arm. You opened your eyes slightly and closed them again. Wait. That isn't Hakyeon oppa or Minhyuk oppa. You immediately shot your eyes open. 'Oh Woonie oppa. What are you doing here?' You were still not fully awake as your eyelids drooped again.

'You slept over last night you idiot. Quick. Get up. You're going to be late.' Leo smiled slightly, as he watched you resting your head on his chest instead.

You paused for a moment as you tried to remember what day it was. Thursday. Damn. There IS school. You pouted as you looked up at him slightly. 'I don't want to-'

'Hakyeon's coming back soon with your bag and uniform. He asked me to wake you up.'

Eesh. How is it that he’s the only one awake with Hakyeon oppa when all of them are still asleep?

You frowned as you hit him before standing up and heading to the toilet.

 

'Yah. Are you angry?' Not a few steps after you dragged your feet out of the room, you found Leo's arms wrapped around your waist from behind you. And that immediately woke you up entirely.

'N-No. I need to wash up.' You smacked his hand lightly.

You saw Leo looking at you without letting go, and figured that he had something to say. 'Enjoy your day?' You giggled. 'Taekwoon oppa you should change the line once in a while.'

You froze when he leaned in to peck your cheek, blankly staring back at him. 'I love you.' Your cheeks immediately blushed again, and you found yourself getting pushed into the toilet immediately as the door closed behind you.

Get a hold of yourself, you can't squeal here. All of them are here. Calm down. Breathe in. Breathe out. Yes. Everything's fine.

 

 

 

'Yeon are you done?' You heard N shouting from outside.

'Almost!' Followed by knocks on the toilet door.

'Your uniform.'

'Okay!'

 

 

 

'Byebye Taekwoon oppa!' You waved while you were pulled out of the door by N. You laughed when you saw Hongbin, with his bed hair and half closed eyes, standing not too far behind Leo, imitating him as Leo had his hand next to his ear while he mouthed 'I'll call you.'

 

'You're that happy to go to school?' N asked, seeing the grin on your face as he held the lift door open for you.

‘Hmm? Mm.’ You smiled back at him as you hugged onto his arm.

‘Glad that you’re happy even when it’s early. Remember to call me if anything happens okay?’

‘Mmhmm. Oppa don’t work too hard too. Remember to have some rest.’

‘Yeahyeah. You’re not mom.’

‘And don’t be too hard on the oppas.’

‘Okay kiddo. Just don’t cause trouble yourself.’ You blinked. I think I already did.

 


 

[A/N] Short Author's Note this time since I'll be updating the next chapter in a while.

The next chapter will be slightly shorter though since to have them together as a chapter will be really too long and I'm aiming for a double update. But I hope that this chapter was fine still! xD  

<3