Chapter 30

This Is Then Counted

He kissed me! He- On the lips! You squealed as you jumped about on your bed. Poor bed, having to suffer every single time.

You flopped down on the bed after nearly falling off as you lost your balance, and settled with sitting instead. But that did not put an end to your squealing and weird dolphin sounds that you were making.

After quite a while of switching between squealing and silence when thinking about what just happened, you finally calmed down, more or less. You unknowingly touched your lips, and the scene replayed in your mind, which was enough to get you squealing again. I should really calm down. What if the neighbours come and sue me for making a fuss in the middle of night?

But Hakyeon oppa wouldn’t be happy at all if he finds out. Taekwoon oppa will get killed. I’ll get killed too. And Sanghyuk oppa will be hurt again if he finds out too. What am I suppose to do?

 

 

From: Taekwoon Oppa

     Are you asleep yet?

You found yourself grinning at the short message not long later, just when you were finally really calmed down and about to sleep.

Nope.

Just when the ‘1’ symbol disappeared, your phone rang in your hands. But why is he calling?

‘Why aren’t you asleep when it’s already this late? Don’t you have school tomorrow?’ Eesh. And I was wondering what he wanted from me.

‘Miyoung called me. I was just about to sleep oppa. Tomorrow’s Saturday.’ And then you heard an awkward silence from the other end as you laid on your bed and fumbled with your soft toy.

 

 

Yah, Jung Taekwoon, are you that out of your mind? How can you forget that it’s Saturday tomorrow? ‘Did Hakyeon oppa scold you?’ Leo turned to check if the door to his workroom was closed before turning back.  

‘Nope, he forgot about it after seeing the food.’

‘Food? Oppa still had time to buy?’

‘Chicken. We just dropped by a nearby shop. It didn’t take long.’

‘You’re allowed to eat chicken now?’ But I thought Minhyuk said that their not supposed to-

‘I only bought a little. Since we’ve been following the diet quite strictly recently, it’s okay. I guess.’

‘… Is it tough?’ You paused slightly before asking. Leo smiled when he heard you being worried about him.

‘Not really. I’m used to it already. By the way-‘

‘Taekwoon hyung!’ You could hear Hongbin shouting for Leo through the phone, interrupting Leo. 

‘Do you have to go already?’

‘It’s okay. They’ll probably spend some time waiting for Jaehwan so I still have a few minutes.’ Leo peeked out of the transparent part of the door, to find the members still not fully gathered, and went back to the phone.

‘Oh, okay. Oppa, you were saying?’

I’ll ask her next time, I’ll probably be cut off half way if I talk about it now. ‘You should sleep early.’

‘It’s not THAT late…’ You mumbled. ‘What time do you usually go back?’

‘1-2am? Depends. Why?’

‘Remember to rest okay?’ 

‘Can I go over?’

‘Wha- No!’ Leo smiled, the image of you blushing appearing in his mind. ‘You need to rest. And it’s not like you ever asked anyways…’

‘Okay. I’ll knock the next time. I-‘

‘Hyung, you can talk to her tomorrow, we need to start already.’ Leo was startled when the door burst opened to reveal Ravi at the other side.

‘I have to go now. See you.’

‘Oppa hwaiting!’

‘Mm, good night Min-ah.’

 

‘Hyung, did you call her the moment you went in?’ Ravi whispered, but did not get any form of response at all. ‘Yeah you did. Of course you did.’ And resorted to answering his own question.

 


 

She’s probably at home right? He looked at the time on his phone. School’s over by now. And she isn’t at the dorm when I left? And as usual, without knocking, Leo keyed in the passcode and went straight in. 

He found you humming in the kitchen, and froze before you even turned around. You had your hair tied up in a high bun, and was wearing an oversized shirt which covered nearly your shorts entirely. a change from what you usually wore. Leo immediately felt his heart rate speeding up like mad as he found himself staring. 

The moment you turned around, your hand flew to your chest, while the other gripped onto the counter tightly as you gasped. ‘Oppa you said that you would knock!’

‘I forgot.’ He said a matter of factly as he grinned at you. ‘Why are you so shocked anyways?’ She should change. What if someone else other than me came and saw her in that?

‘Why wouldn’t I! I just turned around and suddenly there’s someone standing there staring straight at me.’ You pouted as you turned back to the cabinet. ‘There’s no practices today?’

‘Yeah.’ Leo got closer as he watched you.

The last time you saw him was the day he tricked you, and since then, you've been messaging or calling each other whenever he was free to do so. And a handful of times with post its on your phone the next morning, with a small note asking you to enjoy your day.

‘What are you doing?’

‘I’m hungry.’ You mumbled as you grabbed a pack of chips out of the cabinet, or at least you attempted to, until it was pushed back in within seconds.

‘It’s unhealthy.’

‘Annoying.’ You turned around and glared at the person in front of you.

‘Me?’

‘Yeah. You.’

He flicked your forehead and you frowned, but not for long. 'I'll make something for you.'

'Really?' You immediately grinned at him. 'But you're still annoying. And there's nothing to cook here.'

'What do you mean by there's nothing to cook?' However, he did not have to wait for long before his question was answered. Leo opened every single cabinet in your kitchen, and the fridge, and turned back to you. 'Min, what do you normally eat for dinner?' There was nothing suitable for a decent meal. Only instant noodles, tons of beverages in your fridge, snacks, and some baking ingredients leftover from your previous cake making session.

Oops. You smiled awkwardly at him. 'I don't usually have dinner.' He's not going to scold me, is he?

You saw the look on his face turn into worry, and was pulled towards him gently by your elbow. 'Are you serious?'

'I don't have appetite in the evening.'

'Are you okay? Did you see the doctor?' He placed the back of his hand on your forehead, and then your cheek, to check if you were running a fever.

'Yeah I'm fine oppa. It's always like that.' You pulled his hand down and held onto it, swinging it slightly. Leo would have started grinning again, if he did not have to worry about you not having dinner.

'Since when?'

'It's really nothing Taekwoon oppa, it's just that I feast on snacks and drinks too much in the afternoon, so I don't have appetite for dinner. I'm not starving myself, don't worry.'

'You sure?' You nodded, and you were relieved to see him calm down finally. And that was when his belated slight smile appeared as he squeezed your hand back tightly. 'Then, go change.'

You eyed your clothes and look back at his smiling face, which sent the fluttery feeling back to you again. And a slight bit of that stuffiness, which you have grown to ignore as it lessens gradually. 'Why? What's wrong?'

'We're going out. To the mart to get ingredients, then we'll come back and I'll make something for you.'

You were internally squealing at what he just said. And you highly doubt you could contain your happiness any longer, but you still tried to keep a hold of yourself. 'Oppa you don't have to- There's instant nood-'

'Are you that lazy to change and to go to the mart which is just a few minutes away?' And you noticed how he kept harping on having you to change. Really, I don't see what's wrong with wearing this.

'Kind of.'

'I finally had a day off to spend time with you and you're lazy to even go to the mart with me?' Your eyes widened as he frowned, Was that a pout, and aegyo? And your cheeks immediately flushed red.

'You win.'

With that, Leo immediately grinned, and steered you towards your room. 'Quick. Change first.'

'Oppa why do you keep asking me to-' And that was when your phone started to ring.

'Where's your phone?'

You shrugged as you looked around, and finally found it on the couch in the living room. 'It's Hakyeon oppa.' You felt his hand which you were holding on to tensed up a little. 'Oppa?'

‘Yeon, do you want to come over? We’re free today.’ But- And it was Leo's turn to notice as he found you squirming slightly.

‘I’m hungry.’ You babbled, knowing clearly that it was not an answer to his question.

‘You can buy something over.’ You could hear Ravi from the other end, shouting to get N's attention, and figured that it was probably to cover for Leo again. 'Wonshik-ah! Quieten down, I can't talk to her properly.' Which did not work.

‘I’m lazy.’ You were starting to feel guilty, not knowing how to tell him about you and Leo, but you wanted to spend more time with Leo too, which meant more lying to N, until you found a solution.

'Then we'll call for delivery after you get here. The boys want to see you too.' And what you heard next, showed that N added the second line by himself. 'Who said so! Hyung I want to rest first! Can she come over later in the evening!' And this time, it was Ken. Next will probably be Binnie opp- 'Yeah hyung! We'll have more energy to play around later anyways if we rest first.' See. I knew it.

'Okayokay. The kids are making a fuss saying that they want to rest first. So you'll come over later?'

'Mmhmm.'

'See you later then!'

'See you later oppa.' You hang up and placed your phone down, before getting pulled into a hug.

 

'I'm sorry.' Leo said as he rested his chin on your head, his arms wrapped tightly around your shoulders. What for? He don't have to- 'I'll think of a way to tell him soon okay?'

'Mm.' You mumbled, even if you attempted to structure words out, it would have gotten muffled by his shirt anyways.

You stayed like that for a moment, with your arms, too, around his waist, before you pulled away, and he was soon smiling at you again. Before he could say anything, you beat him to it. 'Yesyes, I'll go change and we'll go to the mart.'

 

 

'Don't Hakyeon oppa know that you're out though?' You asked him, as the both of you headed to the mart hand in hand, with you changed into your usual hooded shirt and pants.

'I never told him, so he stopped asking.'

'That's mean.'

'You're mean.' You turned to look at him in disbelief.

'What did I do! I didn't even do anything.'

‘You haven’t tell me why you were that way that day.’ Leo looked at you as he asked, after much dilemma. Is she still not going to tell me though? Was it really me at fault?

You pursed your lips as you thought about it. But the response which you gave was one which he did not expect at all. ‘Oppa have yet to tell me why you ignored me for one whole week the previous time either.’

She- What? ‘T-T’ Seeing Leo stammer as he immediately looked away slightly, you went on.

‘And that morning before Jaehwan oppa triggered my relapse, and-‘

‘You didn’t tell me why you faked a mc that day.’ You paused as he interrupted you while you were trying to think of something else. 

Leo watched as you remained silent, your eyebrows furrowed. Looks like she’s not going to say. Should I just tell her why I- ‘Because I like you.’ You quickly pulled him into the mart, not looking up to meet his eyes at all. 'Oh look. We reached.' But your attempt to change the topic failed. 

He was taken aback for a brief moment, until he was soon grinning at your confession again. ‘Are you trying to get away with that. If you are, it’s not working.’ What’s with him!

‘B-What? I- Really- That time- Eesh.’ You mumbled in frustration as you could not find a way to phrase yourself. ‘Annoying.’

‘Me?’

‘Yeah you!’ You pouted, shrugging his hand off yours as you went to get a trolley. 'What are we getting?'

Totally ignoring your question, you found Leo nudging you to the side slightly, pushing the trolley together with you instead. ‘I was jealous. I thought Minhyuk kissed you on the bus that day, and then the other was ‘cos you went out with Sanghyuk alone.’ You froze as you looked back blankly at him, and when you saw him looking straight at your eyes, you felt yourself blushing again. 

'Get what you need and let's go back.' You mumbled as you quickly looked away, mentally screaming at yourself for having your hair all tied up, and that there was nothing to hide your pink cheeks from.

You heard him laughing as he pinched your cheeks, making you turn back to him. 'Cute.' Did he really just call me that? And that made your cheeks flush even more.

'Oppa we're going to take forever if you don't start choosing what you need.'

'If I hurry, what will I get?'

What does he mean? You looked at him, and stared, but could not think of anything. 'What are you supposed to get?' And the moment those words left your mouth, you regretted it.

His eyes disappeared as he grinned, it was a first for you to see him grinning so much, pointing his finger to his cheek. You swore your face was as red as a tomato by then as you quickly pushed the trolley on, disregarding his presence. 'Oh look! Rice. I need to get some rice. There's no rice at home.'

Leo chuckled as he followed you. 'Let's hurry then. Or I wouldn't get my reward.'

'Who said that I'm giving it to you!' And it was a bad idea to even start talking. Your voice cracked when you exclaimed that last sentence.

 

You followed him around, getting the ingredients for who knows what he was planning to make. The both of you went in the silence which you have also grown accustomed to and comfortable with, after the bickering from before. Though he would still constantly chuckle softly when he saw you blushing again.

 

 

 

'Isn't that Taekwoon hyung? With Minyeon?'

What? What Taekwoon hyung? Ken choked as he frantically looked around. 'Huh where?' And it was too obvious to be missed as he found you immediately. Why isn't hyung wearing his hood? Not even a cap? It was impossible for Ken to say that he have gotten the wrong person, when the both of you were clearly a few metres before them, with your faces fully exposed.

Ken and Hyuk was sent to get food for later when you would go over, never did they, even Ken, expect to see the both of you at the mart.

'Why are they here? Why are they together?' Hyuk asked, not removing his eyes from you as he willed himself to think of other reasons as to why you were there, other than the one that was creeping into his head and eating him out from the inside.

'Maybe they have something to do? It isn't what you're thi-' Ken could not think of anything on the spot, with everything clearly before them, and Hyuk's face extremely black.

'Project again huh? This time maybe acting as a couple?'

'Sanghyuk ah.'

 

 

'Oppa stop feasting on samples.' You eyed Leo as he pulled you to a stop for the umpteenth time next to a sample booth. He simply continued munching on the biscuit which was being promoted with a new spread, which you did not take note of. 'Taekwoon o-'

And your mouth was stuffed with one of the biscuits which he was holding on to.

Leo watched amusingly as you glared at him, but the moment you chewed it, your eyebrows crinkled up as you finally looked clearly at the biscuit which they were promoting. Why is she- What did I- And he soon saw the problem. . He quickly took out a piece of tissue as he felt you hitting his arm repeatedly. Caramel spread.

You gently pushed his hand which was holding onto the tissue away as you struggled to swallow the biscuit down, taking note to chew minimally so that the taste would not be even more overwhelming than it already was. 

'Are you sure you're okay? I'm really sorry Min-ah. I forgot that-'

'It's okay oppa. I'm not allergic to it. The taste just doesn't suit me.' You were still cringing from the after taste lingering in your mouth.

'Who asked you to be so noisy.' Leo said jokingly as he patted your back lightly.

'Who asked you to keep stopping at sample booths!' You exclaimed back, a slight tinge of annoyance in your voice unconsciously.

You were pulled closer to him as he wrapped an arm around your waist. 'Minyeon-ah, I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry too Taekwoon oppa.' You smiled slightly back at him as you jabbed his stomach softly. 

 

'Looks like they're having a great time with their project then.' Hyuk muttered sarcastically as he turned around and headed for the exit, with Ken frantically looking between him and the two of you. 

'Sanghyuk-ah, it- Yah! Listen to hyung!'

 

 

You were almost done with your grocery shopping, until Leo stopped to check his phone for a moment. 

Jaehwan [2 Text Messages] [1 Missed Call]

     Taekwoon hyung! You could have been more careful and reserved outside right? Sanghyuk saw! I'll try to keep him wuiet for now until you find a way to tell Hakyeon hyung. (Hyuk isn't happy, in case you were wondering)

     Just remember to be careful hyung!

Sanghyuk? They saw? 

You looked at Leo who was staring at his phone as he was no longer smiling. 'Oppa, did something happen?' It should be better to not let her worry about it right? What if she starts getting sad again?

Leo pulled his hood over his head and nudged you to continue walking. 'Nothing much, Jaehwanie just reminded me to watch out if we were to go out.'

'Mm. Okay.' He watched as you pushed the trolley towards the counter unsuspiciously. I really need to think of a way soon. She wouldn't feel good to be hiding this from Hakyeon too. And now that Sanghyuk found out... 

 


 

[A/N] Okay. Damn. I should really start saving my work. 1,500+ words of Leo x Minyeon disappeared this time. Why. I was simply like, are you freaking kidding me, when I found out that I copy and pasted the wrong thing. But anyways.

I hope that you liked this chapter! Was actually planning to have N find out by the end of the chapter but nah. Hehehe oops.

Thank you for the comments and subscribes!

And I'm sorry that this took longer than expected, I was trying to update it within a week but that didn't work out either. But no worries, here's the latest chap! With tons of Leo and Minyeon /cheers

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Thank you! 

<3