Chapter 16

This Is Then Counted
 
Leo stared for a moment when you unwrapped the cardigan from your waist to wear it, and due to that, he did not notice Ravi staring at you too. Did it, like, shrink? 
 
You placed your bag on your lap as you sat down next to Leo, and placed the popcorn on your bag. Ravi heard Leo clearing his throat and quickly shifted his attention to the screen, just before Jinhye lifted her fist to hit him. 
 
'Disclaimer. Min's a really emotional person.' Jinhye leaned over the arm rest and whispered to Ravi before retreating back to her personal space. 
 
Throughout the entire movie, Leo could not pay attention at all with you leaning on him unknowingly. On the other hand, your attention was entirely on the movie screen, not realizing the close proximity between the both of you. Saying that the both of you were in close proximity would have been an understatement. Well, the only difference between the both of you and any other couples, was just that Leo's arm was not around your waist and that the male was being extremely stiff in his seat. 
 
Does she not realize that she's actually sitting next to a guy, who isn't her older brother, right now? I won't even exactly consider this as merely sitting next to. Leo looked at you, not that he wasn't already doing so since the moment you started shifting nearer to him. Nope, she doesn't. 
 
He heard you sniff a little, and he rubbed your shoulder lightly, pulling you closer without your resistance, assuming it to be from the cold. Maybe I've got the blame too, but it's just because of the cold that I'm doing this. Yes, the cold. I don't want her to be cold. Nothing else. 
 
Leo finally decided to actually pay attention to the movie. But had trouble grasping the content as the scenes switches from past to present randomly, and he has not been watching since a half hour ago. At the very least, he knew who the lead was, as he saw him on the huge movie poster pasted along the cinemas. But that was all he knew. 
 
It did not take long for him to get distracted again. His hand accidentally brushed against yours in the popcorn box, and that was all it took to get his attention off the movie. 
 
 
 
'He died. He freaking died.' You muttered blankly as you left the theatre. 
 
'See, I told you so.' Jinhye said, and both guys turned to look at her. 'It's okay, she'll be fine once we're out.' 
 
'What did he do wrong to die. What's the point of doing all these only after he died. They killed him when he saved the nation.' 
 
'Mmhmm. Go on.' Jinhye said amusingly as she went to your side.
 
 
 
Ravi had to go to the washroom again, and the three of you were left waiting outside a shop for him. Both you and Jinhye were getting occupied with staring at the dresses on display, and did not notice the group of guys around the corner who was constantly looking over. And of course, Leo noticed. Why on earth is Wonshik taking so long? Leo moved closer to your side, but that did not keep them away. 
 
'I'll take the cute one.'
 
'The fiesty one's mine. I think yours is taken though.'
 
'Still worth a try.' Those freaking bastards. 
 
Leo could not even bring himself to pull you to him or place his arm over your shoulders like how the members would do with ease without any reason at all, and wanted to kill himself for being like this. Especially when he could not do it when he is suppose to. 
 
'Min why don't you-'
 
'Hey.' Jinhye was cut off by a guy standing behind her. However, the first thing that went through her mind was you, and she quickly turned to you.
 
Looking at the group of guys whom you have never met before, one of them got your attention and you started to panic, accidentally backing into Leo.
 
'Min?' Leo asked as he looked at you who was staring at the group of guys blankly. But before he could do anything, one of the guys, too, approached you. And he just had to be the one who you noticed.

 

He had a smug look on his face as he stood directly in front of you, certain that he would succeed. While Leo was simply shooting daggers at him. He looks too much like him. Too much. / Can't he see that I'm right here? 'Hey there, can I have your number? I saw...' His words were drowned away as you frantically reached for Leo, which got Leo's attention. He saw your blank look turning into fear, before you lowered your head and glued your eyes to the ground. 

That was all it took for Jinhye to scream at the guys. 

'Go away! Can't you see that her boyfriend is here?! Scram! Just scram!' Jinhye shouted at the guys as she stood in front of you, preventing the stranger from getting any closer. Obviously, they were taken aback by the girl's sudden explosion and quickly stepped away.

The only thought in Leo's mind was that what exactly was happening to you, and the guys' approach was long forgotten. ‘Min-ah?’ He held onto you by your shoulders as he saw you shaking while you struggled to breathe, your hand grabbing firmly onto his shirt, ignoring the guys who backed away from all of you. ‘Minyeon? Are you okay?'

'Min? It's okay. They're gone.' Jinhye went to your side, taking note not to touch you. 

'Whoa. What's with the crowd?' Just then, good old Ravi came back, 'What happened? Minyeon are you oka-'
 
'Don't!' Ravi's hand was stopped midair by Jinhye before it landed on your shoulders. With that, you flinched and dug your head into Leo's chest without thinking at all. 
 
'Ravi oppa it's best if you stay here, right here, and don't touch her.' Jinhye placed Ravi's arm back to his side, and quickly returned to you who was hugging tightly onto Leo, still shaking and trying to get your breathing back to normal. 
 
Why is she- What happened? Leo's arms hung awkwardly. This hyung dares to kiss her when she's asleep but can't hug her back? Somebody please knock some sense into him. Please. Leo finally brought his hand up as he hugged you, with his hand gently patting the back of your head. 
 
He could feel you trembling against him, and was getting increasingly worried, until he felt you calm down a little. 'Min-ah? You okay?' You nodded slightly and got yourself out of Leo's arms before moving to Jinhye's side, not lifting your head up at all.
 
'Let's go get something to drink.' Jinhye placed her arm over your shoulder and shot a look at Ravi when he tried moving closer. Hence, the two guys followed behind silently, with Ravi constantly nudging Leo, trying to find out what exactly happened, until he got genuinely afraid of Leo's glares. 
 
 
 
'It's still this bad?' Jinhye asked as she looked at you. 
 
Yeah, apparently. 'When was the last time it happened? Did it happen when you were with them?' Um... No. 
 
The two guys watched the both of you. Jinhye asking you questions, while you just stared at your drink without responding. Not even a nod or shake of your head.
 
'Then there's something weird.' Yeah. 'Is it 'cos Ahjusshi was with them?' Maybe... Wait. Taekwoon oppa was alone. I was okay with him. The second time was Sanghyuk and Taekwoon oppa. There wasn't any relapse either. And in the classroom was Jaehwan oppa and Taekwoon oppa. Jinhye could tell from your expression that something was weird. 'Okay, maybe not.' But, Taekwoon oppa...? 
 
'Wait. What's happening.' Ravi was tired of not knowing what was going on. Especially, when Jinhye was talking to someone who was seemingly not responding. And the both of them had to watch cluelessly at Jinhye interrogating the poor girl who just went through a slight relapse. 
 
'Oh yeah.' She finally remembered that there were two other guys present too, which she had forgotten about momentarily as she was trying to figure out the causes behind your relapses, which were getting messed up, seeing that you did not get one when you first met the members. 'Oppa, don't touch her. Don't even get too near her.' 
 
'Me or Taekwoon hyung or both?'
 
'Ravi oppa. Technically is both, but.' She looked at you, and then at Leo. 'I think it's just Ravi oppa for the moment. Since Ahjusshi isn't here.' So I'm substituting Hakyeon, again?
 
'Mind telling us what's happening?'
 
Jinhye looked at Ravi, before answering firmly. 'Yes.' What? 'Just know that you're not allowed to go near her, and that she won't be talking. I won't be doing the telling.' Jinhye eyed you who finally started to drink your frappucino. 'So since it's also relatively late, we shall get going, after she finishes that.' You looked up at her. 'Yes, you're going to finish that.' 
 
Is it because of the guys thing? Is there something else to it? Why did she have such a reaction though, when she never saw them before? Leo had his eyes glued onto you, looking intensely at your expression. Your eyes were blank, and you were no longer smiling like you were that morning. It was as though every single ounce of energy has left your body just from that previous encounter. There's definitely something more to this. 
 
 
 
Leo felt something pulling his shirt and turned around to find you who had your head down as your hand wrapped tightly around the fabric of his shirt. 
 
This, Jinhye saw as she noticed you staying behind, and looked at Leo. 'Leo oppa, just assume Ahjusshi's role for now. Yeah. That might be better for her.' With that, she grabbed onto Ravi and pulled him forward, heading out first. While Ravi was still frustrated that he still had no idea what was happening. 
 
Leo looked at you who seemed to have became even smaller within minutes. Even more fragile. He held onto your hands which was gripping onto his shirt. It's cold. And small. It was the first time he actually saw you in such a vulnerable state, totally different from before. You were always a feisty person despite being quiet, and even when he first met you, you were not even bothered by the huge bleeding wound you had.
 
 
 
Leo had you closely next to him as they headed back. You flinched whenever a male passerby came too close, or accidentally knocked into you, and you ended up edging even more closer to Leo. 
 
The only sounds you made in addition to the slight whimpers when people came too close, was you yawning. I'm certain that her frappucino contained caffeine just now. Leo watched as you yawned again. 
 
He looked over at Jinhye, who also noticed. 'Coffee makes her sleepy. She needs it.' 
 
'She sleeps if she drinks coffee?' Ravi asked again and Jinhye nodded. 
 
'But she likes it.'
 
 
 
'Ravi oppa.'
 
'Yeah?'
 
'Is it just me or is Leo oppa constantly glaring at me?'
 
'Prolly 'cos you'll be unable to chase guys away if there's only the two of you girls and you made her wear that attention seeking outfit?'
 
'Oh.' Jinhye thought for a moment. 'But. Well. Okay.'
 
 
 
Leo was tasked to bring you back home, while Jinhye repeatedly rejected Ravi's offer. And since Ravi had to stay away from you, you were here alone with Leo in the lift of your block. 
 
The moment you stepped out of the lift, you froze. Leo immediately stopped too, and looked at what you were staring at. Just then, Hongbin and Hyuk looked up from where they were sitting at, and quickly stood up. 
 
How did they end up waiting at your doorstep? It was retarded. Hongbin made a fuss after you hung up on him after Ravi, and told the rest of the members that the four of you were out watching a movie. This in turn, obviously, got Hyuk's attention as to why you would be out with Ravi and Leo of all people, while he cared less about who that Jinhye person was. Too impatient for their own good, here they were, two tall, handsome boys, waiting at your door, after much pestering of N to let them out. 
 
'Taekwoon hyung!' You flinched at Hongbin's voice. 'Why did you guys not bring me along! And you went with Jinhye!' 
 
Leo felt you moving closer to him as you grasped on tighter to his shirt when the guys came nearer. And Hyuk, who came to notice every single thing you did, saw. 
 
Something is wrong. He stopped in his tracks and saw Hongbin going ahead, while you edged closer to Leo, fear evident in your eyes. 'Hongbin hyung stop!' 
 
'What?' Hongbin turned back to Hyuk. 
 
'Just stop! Stop and stand there.' Hyuk immediately went to hold Hongbin back, not going any closer to you. 
 
Even the both of them too? Leo squeezed your shoulder slightly, but that did not make you put your guard down. At the very least, you were not shaking. 'You guys go back first.' 
 
'Wh-' Hyuk elbowed Hongbin and earned himself a glare, before pulling him into the lift. 
 
'See you at the dorm hyung.'
 
 
 
You looked at Leo as he bent down to meet your eye level. He placed his hands on your shoulder and looked back at you. 
 
'Minyeon-ah. Next time anything happens, or if you're not feeling well, let me know immediately okay?' You just looked blankly backed at him, recalling what happened that day. 'Okay?' You nodded your head slowly. 'Okay. It's late. Rest well. I'll see you.' Leo patted your head gently before pushing you into your house.
 
Once your door closed, Leo took out his phone, finally noticing the messages and calls from Hongbin, but ignored them too. 
 
 
 
Why is he calling me all of a sudden? 'Hello?'
 
'How did she get that guy phobia? And when does she get the relapses?' 
 
He didn't even bothered saying hi. 'What happened to her?' 
 
'Answer me.'
 
'I'm not telling you.' Minhyuk saw Eunkwang looking at him weirdly and mouthed 'Taekwoon.', earning a nod from Eunkwang.
 
'I'm serious.'
 
'And I'm also serious when I say that I'm not telling you.' 
 
What's his problem? 'Hey-'
 
'Took you long enough to ask about that in the first place. Just know that you need to keep her away from other guys.'
 
'When does she get it?' He's annoying oh damn.
 
'I don't know! Just keep her away from other guys. And it won't happen amongst the members.'
 
'But she's avoiding even Wonshik, and Hongbin and Sanghyuk who weren't even there when it happened.'
 
'That's just avoiding. She'll be fine in a day or two. What I mean is that the relapse would not happen because of you guys.'
 
'Jung Taekwoon!' Can't he see that I'm on the phone? 
 
'Okay.' Leo closed the door as he hung up, before turning to look at N. 
 
 
 
Not even a 'thank you'. Minhyuk sighed. 'Why did he call you?'
 
'Minyeon had a relapse.'
 
'Minyeon?' Sungjae rushed out. 'Is she okay?'
 
'I guess so.'
 
 
 
'Follow me.' N said sternly and went into the room. Automatically, everyone who was in the room filed out into the living room, looking at Leo, then at Ravi. 
 
Hyuk and Hongbin immediately appeared beside Ravi, while Ken made his way there slowly. 'Why were you out with Jinhye-' Hongbin was cut off by a wave from Hyuk.
 
'That's not important hyung! What happened to Minyeon? Something happened right?' Hyuk did not care if it was obvious that he was super worried about you. 
 
'I don't know! I wasn't there until whatever happened has happened.'
 
 
 
'Wonshik told me something happened to Yeon. What happened?' 
 
'Minyeon started shaking when some guys approached them.'
 
'And what were you doing?'
 
'I didn't know that she woul-'
 
'Did Jinhye manage calm her down?'
 
'I did.' N paused and looked at Leo who was as serious as he was. 
 
'Did she cry?'
 
'No. Just irregular breathing and her body shook.'
 
'What about Wonshik?' 
 
'She flinches when he gets near.' N nodded.
 
'.' N raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. 'I let the two of them go over. Did she...?'
 
'She panicked but didn't relapse when she saw Bin and Hyuk.' 
 
'She was fine with you?' Leo nodded. Now that's weird. 'Okay. You can go now.' 
 
N turned around before he left the room. 'Thanks, Taekwoon-ah.'
 
 
 
 
 
'Hakyeon hyung! Your phone!' 
 
'Isn't it like 12 already.' Ken sat up from the mattress, his sleep disturbed by the annoying ring tone of N's, and Hyuk shouting.
 
Hongbin crawled over to N's phone. 'Hakyeon hyung! It's Minyeon!' That got Leo's attention immediately, and N came rushing in the next second.
 
'Hello?' Hyuk and Leo were both staring at N, while the rest of them got ready to sleep. 'Yeon-ah. Shhh... It's okay... Oppa will be right there. It's okay, it's okay. Calm down. Wait for me.' N got his coat out of the hanger and turned to the boys who were all gathered in the room. 
 
'I'll be back tomorrow morning. Taekwoon you're in charge. Call me if anything happens.' 
 
 
 
The relapses would not happen because of you guys. Well, that's what he said.

 

[A/N] Updated in a week! (I kept my promise!) (Feeling a great sense of achievement right now) I'm sorry, this chapter has a huge amount of grammar errors, even more than usual, and lots of funny sentence structures. I tried. 

And as usual, I hope that you guys weren't disappointed! Though I personally think that the previous chapter was better >< This chapter was a bit messy I guess. Hope that you guys still got the gist of it!

Once again, thank you so much for the comments and subscribes! (100+ lovely subbies already! OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT <3<3<3)

I'll be bringing Hyuk back into the picture in the following chapters heh. He's been gone for quite a while already oops. (And that last line of the chapter hehehe) (Hinthint winkwink) (Not saying that it is related to Hyuk, not saying that it isn't either) (Which means that the relapses will be coming again) Hope that it wasn't confusing though!

Please do keep the comments and subsribes coming in! (Btw, the next update might not be that soon, but I'll try to update within a month!) (More comments might make me update even faster though! xD) 

<3<3<3 Thank you!