Chapter 34

This Is Then Counted

 

N stared blankly at the wall fiddling with your phone in his hands, as he was done looking through it, more specifically, your conversations with Leo. No. Cha Hakyeon. Don’t think about it.

But then he had to find a way to figure out how things would work out. With you without your phone, and unable to get out of your own house. To think about it, his impulsive decision wasn’t quite making sense to  him. How is it possible, for Jinhye to send you back and forth, just because he did not want you to know your own passcode so that you could freely go out. And especially when you do have your housekeys.

Do I keep Taekwoon away from her then? He can’t possibly go against me when I already clearly told him no, right?

N finally decided to come out of the room, and the rest of them immediately turned to look at him, other than one person. The mood was bad. Even though Ravi and Hongbin tried to cheer Leo up, it was of no use, as they did not want to give him false hope either. And talking about it would probably just worsen everything.

He saw Leo sitting at a corner, with his earphones plugged in, head lowered as he hugged onto his knees, oblivious to the world around him. If someone else sees this, they might think that the world ended or something.  /

Is she okay? Does her injuries still hurt? … I bet she’s probably throwing a tantrum right now. And then maybe, just maybe, she’ll cry herself to sleep again. But what Hakyeon said, there isn’t much time. Is he really that against it? He didn’t possibly yell at her too right?

‘Hakyeon hyung, you going out again?’ Ravi asked.

‘Yeah. You guys settle dinner by yourself. I’m going to check on Yeon’s.’

 

‘Do you think Hakyeon hyung is being too uptight about this?’ Hongbin said, once N left.

‘Minyeon IS his younger sister, I know how he feels.’

‘Says the one who was the most enthusiastic in supporting Taekwoon hyung.’ Ken responded, and got a glance from Ravi.

‘I mean. But. Look, they’re both happy aren’t they? Can’t Hakyeon hyung see that? It’s not like their relationship is harming anyone right?’

‘I’m on Hakyeon hyung’s side.’ They immediately kept quiet when Hyuk spoke sternly.

Ravi turned to Hongbin when he felt someone nudged him. This Kim Wonshik should really think before speaking. / Oh crap. Slip of tongue. Again.

Ken coughed slightly, and changed the topic immediately. ‘Think about what you want to have for dinner.’ He looked over to the oldest in the room. ‘I’ll call delivery.’

And there’s Sanghyuk. I’m really a bad friend and hyung. The kids had no idea that there were no music playing in Leo’s earphones at all.

 

 

 

N sighed when he saw your room in a mess, and you in the middle of it on your bed, with swollen eyes as you slept. At least she ate a bit of the food. But, is it really THAT bad? That I don’t agree?

He sat on your chair as he took a good look around your room. The photos of you and him, and Minhyuk when you were younger, when they were the only two who you called ‘oppa’. Now there were much more, five from VIXX, to count the closer ones.

And the blue bottle, reminding him of your relapses. And then Leo. Again. Is it because of him that her relapses are reduced now? It can’t be, right?

By the side of your table, was a neatly folded cardigan, and a cap on top. The one which he asked you about it quite some time ago, and the one which you never remembered to return. He recalled the day when Leo came back without it, when he was certain that he wore it out. Eesh. Everything is just Taekwoon Taekwoon Taekwoon!  

He got back to staring at your sleeping, and was reminded of Leo back at the dorm just now. Both lifeless, for once. So, is she the reason why he’s always smiling when he checks his phone? Even after getting nagged at by the choreographer?

This girl, you really don’t tell me anything anymore huh? Now that you’re all grown up, and even found someone you like? I can find time to help you too you know. If you just tell me a little bit more about what’s happening usually.

 

 

‘Yeonie, wake up.’ N patted your shoulders, but there was no reaction from you. ‘Yeonie, time for dinner. Wakie wakie.’ He messed up your hair, and it fell to cover your face, which he knew would wake you up within seconds.

And he was right. You scrunched up your face as you were annoyed by your hair, and finally woke up. ‘Let’s go out to have dinner.’

Stupid Cha Hakyeon. ‘I don’t eat dinner.’ So that was why Taekwoon wrote those. Even I didn’t know. I’m pretty sure Minhyuk doesn’t know that either. He added, in an attempt to console himself. 

‘Then. Snacks. Let’s go out to grab some snacks.’

‘I want to sleep.’ You groaned as you pulled the blanket over your head.

‘Let’s gooo. How long has it been since we went out together?’

‘Not very long.’

‘Okayokay. Don’t you want to get some street food? I want to eat themmm.’ N whined as he tugged onto your blanket.

‘Fine.’ You muttered as you sat  up, throwing him a glare while tieing up your hair messily into a ponytail. ‘Let’s go.’

‘Just like that?’ You threw him a look, and looked at your outfit.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Nothing. Nothing’s wrong.’ He pulled you out of your bed, and dragged you towards the door. And to think that someone actually likes her like this. People should really stop blaming me for not telling her to be more ladylike. Look at her! Going out in hoodie and pants, which she slept in? I thought all girls actually pay attention to their dressing. And Jinhye must really have had a hard time.

 

 

‘Sometimes, I think that something went wrong when mom gave birth to you.’ You nearly choked on the rice cake as you turned to eye him.

‘I don’t think that’s something you should be saying to your younger sister.’

‘I mean. Look! You don’t look like a younger sister at all! Well, you definitely don’t dress like a girl.’

‘Well, then too bad for you.’ You returned to munching on your food, as you were unamused with his choice of topics to start a conversation with.

‘And that someone actually likes you like that.’ You paused. Unless lightning struck him within that short time span when he went back to the dorm just now, he’s probably going to add something behind, like ‘But, Yeon, it’s still too early. Yadeeyadeeyah.’ You decided to behave yourself, and kept quiet, in case he would change his mind about Leo when he saw that you were being nice.

‘About Taekwoon,’ See, see. It’s coming. I told you so! You stared at the hot steaming cup of soup, trying to appear unaffected by what he was going to say, or at least, what you thought he was going to say. ‘Hmm, Taekwoon.’ What is oppa trying to do? I don’t see how repeating his name says anything. ‘You know, about Jung Taekwoon,’ Hakyeon oppa, can you just get on with it?

‘I heard you clearly earlier today, oppa. If you’re going to repeat, then I suggest you don’t, and focus on your food.’ You said softly as you shoved a piece of fishcake into his mouth. Yeah, I’m still against the whole idol thing. And I still firmly believe that he doesn’t have time. But…

‘He’s actually the first guy you like.’ You kept quiet as you ignored him. ‘Unless you had more which you didn’t tell me about, but I highly doubt so.’ There was a slight pause as he chewed his food. ‘And he actually likes an alien like you.’ I don’t see where this is going. Though it will be greatly appreciated if you rethink your choice of words. ‘Firstly, I’m not saying that I am agreeing to let the both of you date.’ You finally turned to him. Then what’s second? ‘The both of you legit look like the world ended. One rotting in the corner of the room, one crying herself to sleep.’ Uhuh, then? ‘I still strictly, firmly, certainly, believe and know that he is busy, and I am clear of that.’ Go on? N sighed before continuing. ‘Just take this as a probation period.’

‘What probation period?’

‘I’ll see how things go.’

‘What how things go?’

This annoying girl. ‘I’ll see for myself if he really is suitable for you. But, once I feel that it can’t work out, I’ll definitely certainly make sure that you won’t be together.’ Does he mean that- What? Really? So is he agreei- ‘Let me repeat, I’m not agreeing to the both of you dating. I’m just going to watch how things work out.’

‘R-really?’ Your eyes widened as you stared at him. ‘Like for real?’

‘If he dares to do anything to you, I’ll kill him, and nothing will stop me.’ You finally grinned, after what seemed like the worst day ever. Taekwoon oppa wouldn’t do anything bad.

‘Oppa thank you!’ You squealed as you hugged him tightly, while he poked your head.

‘Emphasize on ‘probation period’. Don’t forget.’ He smiled, seeing you smiling widely at him, and reached his hand out.

You stared at your phone in his palm, and then back at him. ‘Passcode thing is off, for now. I changed it back to the original one.’ He pulled your hand to take the phone from him. ‘And, by the way, I changed the wallpaper. It was extremely disturbing.’ What wallpaper? The one which Wonshik oppa set back then?

You nearly dropped your phone when you unlocked it, and heard him laughing at you. ‘Hakyeon oppa! This will give me nightmares!’ What’s with them setting selcas taken of themselves as the wallpaper on other people’s phone?!?

 

 

 

‘Where’s Taekwoon?’ N asked, as he saw everyone in the living room lazing around but him.

‘In the room.’ Ken answered, while the rest looked at each other, wondering what N was looking for him for.

 

N sat beside Leo who was lying down in the dark. I don’t even remember when the last time he was this gloomy. When he couldn’t perfect the song after an entire day of practice maybe?

‘You’re on probation.’ What’s with him? Saying weird stuff once he’s back. ‘I’m pretty sure you would want to respond to what I’m talking about.’ And I’m pretty sure it’s going to be useless. ‘You’re on probation.’ Repeating that doesn’t help. ‘Well, if you don’t want the probation at all, then I guess I’ll get back to Yeonie and say that-‘

Leo immediately sprang up, and looked at N. ‘What probation?’

‘Let me make myself clear on my point, I’m not agreeing to the both of you dating. It’s just probation. So for now, I’ll be paying close attention to you, and if you dare do anything wrong to her, I’ll slaughter you and everything is over.’ He stared blankly, trying to digest what N just said. So is this a chance? ‘Yes, I’m giving you a chance. BUT, I have not agreed to anything yet. Just PROBATION.’

‘Really?’

‘Even your reactions are the same. Really. You better treat her properly or else.’

‘T-Thank you, Hakyeon-ah.’

‘PROBATION.’ N emphasized again, not wanting anyone to think that he was actually agreeing to it that easily.

‘Okay.’

‘I gave her back her phone.’ N said as he stood up. ‘In case you were wondering.’

Just before he left the room, he stopped again. ‘And the passcode is back to the original one. Though I would prefer if you don’t go over this late. For today.’

 

 

 

Can I text him? Did Hakyeon oppa tell him yet? You were rolling around in bed again, all worries off your mind now that you believed that N technically allowed you to be with Leo. Technically.

You grinned when your phone rang, and answered it immediately.

‘Taekwoon oppa?’

‘How are your injuries? Does it still hurt?’

‘Nope. I even went out with Hakyeon oppa just now.’

‘You sure it doesn’t hurt?’ I don’t get why Hakyeon oppa don’t agree! See, it’s not like Taekwoon oppa’s a serial killer or anything.

‘Mmhmm.’

‘That’s good. Hakyeon said that I can’t go over today.’

‘Oppa you’re actually listening to Hakyeon oppa?’

‘Well, we’re on probation aren’t we?’

‘That sounds like some jail term though.’

‘Yeah, I thought so too. But it’s better than nothing right?’

‘Yeap. Are you back to your practices tomorrow?’ You nodded, even though he wasn’t able to see you through the phone.

‘Probably. I’ll let you know when we have a free day again, okay?’

‘Mmhmm.’ You looked at your phone, and made sure that it was still connected, when you did not hear anything from the other end. ‘Taekwoon oppa?’

‘Yeah, I’m still here. Bin is staring at me by the door right now.’ Leo said as he flung his pillow at him.

‘Hyung, Hakyeon hyung tell me to tell you to stop disturbing Minyeonie.’ Eesh. Cha Hakyeon.

‘PROBATION. YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME.’ Even you could hear N shouting through the phone, when he was shouting from the living room.

‘Hakyeon oppa is annoying.’

‘Erm, I better get going. You heard that monkey didn’t you?’

‘I HEARD THAT.’

‘See you soon oppa. Good night!’

‘Mm. Rest well.’

 


 

From: Woonie Oppa

     Free to talk?

You immediately grinned when you saw the message. Is it their free day again tomorrow?

Yepp!

 

‘Are you free tomorrow?’

‘Mmhmm!’

‘I’ll pick you up then?’

‘Okay!’ You paused as something else came to your mind. ‘By the way, oppa, how’s Binnie oppa doing?’

Why is she asking about him all of a sudden, and sounding so cheerful? ‘Why?’ You noticed the change in his tone. Don’t tell me he’s thinking about funny stuff again.

‘I mean, with Jinhye.’

‘Oh. Ohhh…’ There was a slight pause at the other end. ‘I don’t think anything’s happening.’

‘Do you want to set them up?’ You asked as you giggled, proud of yourself with coming up with such a plan.

‘How?’

‘I don’t know, since they’re not doing anything at all, I guess getting them to go out together should be enough to start with?’

‘Wonshik too?’

‘Wonshik oppa can manage on his own. Since he’s already getting into fights with Mi, so I guess it’s fine?’

‘Fights and it’s fine?’

‘At least they’re doing something. Hehehe. They’ll be fineee. Anyways, I’ll call Jinhye, and you’ll ask Binnie oppa okay?’

‘So we’re spending our free day with them?’

‘Welll, we can always ditch them when they meet?’

‘That’s great.’ You laughed at his reponse. ‘What?’

‘What what?’

‘What’s so funny?’

‘Nothing?’

‘So, we meet at 10, at the usual café?’

‘Mmhmm!’

 

 

 

I don’t actually feel good when he calls me. It’s like he’s plotting some evil plan and trying to drag me into it again.

'How severe is her phobia of dogs?' Seesee. He doesn’t even say hi, and he simply goes straight to the point. Which I have no idea what he is referring to.

'What's with your random question?' 

'I asked first.' And this is particularly annoying.

'Extremely severe. Now answer me.'

'All sorts of dogs?'

'May I know why you're asking about it?' 

'There's this place that might have dogs. I guess.' He'll probably kill me if he finds out where I'm planning to bring her to. Hakyeon too. 

'Might have?' Minhyuk paused. 'I don't know. Maybe you can have a rough gauge when I tell you that she cried her lungs out when a cat's tail touched her.' 

'But that's a cat.'

'And she cried when a dog was staring at her.' Minhyuk casually missed out the fact that the dog was extremely scary looking, and you’ve always referred to it as a vampire dog with its fang-like teeth sticking out. 'And well let's say both cases happenned not too long ago, like, earlier this year?'

'Will she be okay as long as the dogs don't bite?' 

'Wait. Didn't you say, might have? Where on earth are you bringing her?'

'The dogs don’t seem that scary either.'

'DogS?' 

'They don't bite. Trust me. They're trained.' 

'Where is it that you're bringing her.' 

'... Dogcafe.' He is mad. This bastard is mad. How did I even agree to- Oh my god. 

'Nice try. Not funny. Where are you bringing her?' 

'They really don't bite. The reviews are good. I went there before.' 

'What's Hakyeon hyung doing?' 

'She really can't?'

'What do you think? She took two whole months to get used to the rabbit at her piano teacher's house. Two whole months. A rabbit. A. MERE CUTE LITTLE FLUFFY RABBIT.' 

'Okay.' 

'... How many dogs are there?' 

'A few.'

'How many.'

'It's really not much.' 

'Number.'

'... Ten.' 

'You're out of your mind.' 

 


 

[A/N] I'm actually back within a week ohohoho. (me trying to take a break since I just finished two tests today and the two assignments due tomorrow got postponed to the day after whoots.)

Long chapter again wheetwheet! Hope that this was fine! (since I wrote it in one seating hahahaha)

Thank you for the lovely subscribes and comments once again! Really glad to read them ehehehehe. 

I shall side track a bit, since I like to include loads of crap recently (oops). I was leaving class today after it ended, when my language arts teacher stopped me and my friend at the door all of a sudden and went, ‘You two! Your language, especially the grammar, horrible!’ I was just like 'ehehehehe' and she was like 'don't you ehehehehe me'. Cos I honestly have terrifying grammar during exams since I have superbly bad time management and I'm just like so done with language. I don't know why but I always have this delusion that none of my teachers, especially language teachers, know me though. But looks like I'm wrong. Oops. 

Anyways. Hope that you would be looking forward to the next chapter! (Oh and btw, the change of hairstyle thing from the prev chaps onwards was for Error era, in case any of you were wondering since I kept forgetting to include it. Hahaha bread. Okay I'm sorry Ravi.) 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! :D

(I just find these terribly hilarious xDDD)

Thank You!

<3