Chapter 13

This Is Then Counted
You were sitting on your bed as you stared at your study table. To be more specific, Leo's cap which is on your study table. I don't like him right? I don't. 
 
You laid back on to your bed as you stared at the ceiling. Then why was I feeling so weird yesterday? It's as if, I like him or something. 
 
No I don't. It was just that Taekwoon oppa don't laugh that often. And that. He's an idol. Yes, it's just that he's an idol. 
 
I should stop being weird. I still have to see him everyday. Do not ever react like yesterday ever again Cha Minyeon. They'll get the wrong idea. You stood up and went to your table.
 
Why would I like him when I don't like like the others?
 
I don't like him. I can't like him. And I won't like him. You stuffed the cap into your bag, and was determined to return it to him. It will just remain like it is right now.
 
/
 
Leo has been getting weird looks from Ravi since the previous night. He stared at the picture of you which he took yesterday. I'm crazy. I must be crazy.
 
Since day 1. She's been in my head since the first day.  And I freaking kissed her when she was asleep. Leo sighed. What do I do now?
 
In the mean time, Ravi needed to get a yes or no answer from Leo. He needed to know the extent of the deepness in which Leo had fallen into. 
 
I like her, a lot. No, I love her
 
Ravi went to Leo who was sitting in the corner of the room. 'Hyung, you didn't do it right?'
 
Leo looked straight into Ravi's eyes, and answered without hesitating. 'I did.' . Hyung is serious. Ravi watched as Leo stood up immediately. Wait. Why does hyung look so determined suddenly. Don't tell me...
 
'Hyung,' Ravi grabbed onto Leo before he could leave the room. 'You're not going to tell Hakyeon hyung that you like her are you?' But the look on Leo's face told him otherwise. 'Hyung! Are you out of your mind?!' Ravi quickly pulled Leo back into the room. 'What good is done if you tell Hakyeon hyung?! Do you think he'll praise you for liking her! That's not going to happen! Who knows, he might send her over to her parents in America immediately!'
 
Leo looked blankly at Ravi. America. She'll be going over. To America. But when exactly?
 
'So hyung. Think clearly first before you're going to do anything. Think from her perspective. And Hakyeon hyung's reaction. Don't do anything impulsive.' Ravi paused. 'Anymore. You know what I mean.' 
 
 
Leo spent ages thinking, and finally came to a conclusion. As long as she's still around. As long as it remains like this, it's good enough. I'll just continue watching over her. Even if she doesn't know my feelings for her. Leo did not want to worsen the relationship he had with anyone. And he did not want to know of your reaction if you found out. 
 
 

 
'Yah, Minyeon-ah, your phone's ringing!' You did not hear Hongbin as you were too engrossed in watching a video of Park Hyoshin's performance with Leo. 'MINYEON-AH. WHERE IS THAT GIRL.' Hongbin shouted again. 
 
You looked at him questioningly as he nudged you after pausing the video. 'Why-'
 
'OH THERE YOU ARE. YOUR PHONE IS RINGING.' Hongbin finally found the both of you in the bedroom. You pulled the earphone which you were sharing with Leo out of your ear and sat up, while Leo followed too.
 
'Oppa you can continue watching.' You gestured to Leo but he did not move as he waited for you.
 
'YAH STOP SHOUTING.' Look who shouted that. Stupid Hakyeon oppa.
 
'My phone? Who would call me? Nobody would call me though.' 
 
'How would I know? Pick it up.' Hongbin shoved the phone into your outstretched hands. 'It says it's your secret boyfriend.' Hahaha oops.
 
You clicked answer while Leo looked at you. 'Secret boyfriend?'
 
'Nonono, I don't have a boyfriend or secret boyfriend or anything oppa.' You said hurriedly. ... That's good to hear.
 
'Secret boyfriend? Min you have a secret boyfriend? Who is it?' Jinhye said through the phone. Oh my god. No. You answered the phone right next to Leo, not realizing that he could hear in on your entire conversation.
 
'I don't have a freaking secret boyfriend you .' You muttered into the phone, and Leo looked at you weirdly. Your language shocked him. People usually say 'Hi' when they answer their phones, but you don't do that with your friends, especially your best friend. 
 
'Boyfriend?'
 
'No. WHAT DO YOU WANT.'
 
'Okayokay. No boyfriend. Who's that oppa you were talking to then?' 
 
'Do you want me to hang up?'
 
'Sorry. Let's go out.'
 
'Please speak in an understandable language.' 
 
'I'm moving to your neighborhood. Let's go out.'
 
'Serious?'
 
'No. I called to tell you a joke 'cos I was simply too bored with life.'
 
'Why should I go out with you.' Leo was starting to question if all conversations between girls went like this.
 
'Wear something pretty. Let's go to a cafe. Wear a skirt.'
 
'I have no skirt.'
 
'Yes you do. That navy blue skirt.'
 
'I burnt it. Though I'm honored that you remember the colour.'
 
'Why would you burn it.'
 
'Cos it brings back bad memories.'
 
'Bad memories? But that guy was cute!'
 
You flinched upon hearing 'that guy' and Leo felt it. 'Yes bad memories.' He could also hear the difference in tone. Afraid that Jinhye could realize, you tried sounding normal, but your voice ended up cracking. 'So what if he was cute!' He? Cute? / Damn, did I just say that when Taekwoon oppa is right next to me?!
 
'Then you should have agreed to date him!' You flinched again. Date?!
 
'I'll wear the skirt. Get back to the point.’ You gave up sounding normal and your tone was quieter.
 
'I'll skin you alive you if you wear that army print shirt again.' Leo was not surprised. 
 
'Where are we meeting? When?' 
 
'Can you reply your messages?'
 
'Nope.'
 
'Dude, just do it. Your voice is annoying me.'
 
'Just know that I love you.'
 
You hung up to find Leo looking at you. Was he watching me the entire time? Impossible. 'Sorry oppa, I was kind of loud.'
 
'It's okay. It was entertaining.' You laughed awkwardly at his comment.
 
'Sorry...'
 
'Video?' You nodded and laid back belly downwards next to Leo. 'Friend?' You nodded. 'Girl?'
 
'Girl.' However, you did not know that Leo already knew that you were talking to a girl. It didn't require much effort to listen in, since Jinhye was so loud. 
 
You were soon engrossed in watching the performance again. While Leo was still thinking about the conversation you had with your friend. Don't she have to check her messages though? And, what's with the guy mentioned?
 
 
 
'Yah Minyeonah, there's a new student in my class today.' Hongbin slung his arm over your shoulder once you met him by your classroom. His action, obviously got a glare by someone, which Ravi too, obviously noticed.
 
'And Binie oppa likes her.' You gave a random guess seeingthat he was grinning. 
 
'No I don't!' You raised your eyebrow at him upon getting his defensive response. Yeah right, you don't. 'Her name's Jinhye. Jung Jinhye.' Wait. Jung Jinhye? Never mind, must be a coincidence, let's get on with this first.
 
'And?'
 
'Since you're a girl and all...'
 
'You want me to think of something? Oppa didn't you just meet her today. You're a creep.' 
 
Ravi nudged Leo while you continued to tease Hongbin. 'Creep.' He whispered, and Leo shot him a glare.
 
You did not realize that your phone was ringing again. Leo poked you and pointed at your pocket. 'Oh. Thanks oppa.' 
 
'Seriously hyung, what else do you pay attention to?' Ravi whispered to Leo again. 
 
Before you could even say your greetings, the other end shouted into the phone. 'SINCE WHEN ARE YOU CLOSE WITH GUYS?'
 
'Huh?'
 
'AND GUYS AS IN IDOL GROUP AS IN VIXX?'
 
'What?'
 
'AND THERE'S LIKE FOUR OF THEM WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.' You started looking around for that crazy friend of yours. It can't be
 
'Who you looking for?' Ravi asked but you ignored him. 'Finefine. Just do it your way then.' He shook his head disapprovingly at Leo. This guy is going to blow my cover some day. 
 
When you turned to your right, you saw a girl with her phone by her ear staring straight at you. 'Oh my god oh my god. You must be crazy.' You muttered softly under your breath. 
 
'You're the crazy one. YOU DIDN'T TELL ME.'
 
'YOU STALKER CREEP.' You spat into your phone. That got the attention of the guys. Not that their attention was not already on you.
 
'Who? Stalker creep? Where?' Ken exclaimed as he looked around too. You found Leo's arm over your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. He did not quite like the idea of having a 'stalker creep' around.
 
'Or are they cosplaying as VIXX. If they are, they're doing a really good job.' You laughed and Leo looked at you.
 
'It's not a real stalker creep oppa. Friend.'
 
'Oh.' Leo loosened his grip on your shoulder but did not let go.
 
'CAN YOU TALK TO ME AND NOT THOSE CREEPY VIXX LOOKALIKES.'
 
'Did your feet grow roots or something. Come over. Two of them are your classmates anyways.' You used your free hand to gesture for Jinhye to come over, while she just stared at you with hanging. 
 
'Who are you talking to? Classmates?' Hongbin asked.
 
'Your crush.' You turned to Hongbin and laughed. 'Oppa you guys go ahead first. I'll catch up with you.' You said to the rest of them and ran off to Jinhye.
 
And obviously, as usual, the guys did not 'go ahead first'. 'But seriously. Isn't that your crush?' Ravi asked Hongbin and all four of them turned to look at you and Jinhye.
 
'Jin Jin!' You hugged onto her tightly but was soon pulling her towards the guys with your arm hooked around hers.
 
'Yah yah what are you doing.' Jinhye snapped out of it and started resisting you. 'Who are they. I still think that I'm dreaming.'
 
'VIXX.' You said a matter of factly. 'Can we just go over first. They're waiting.' You started pulling her again. 
 
'Someone please tell me what's happening.' Jinhye muttered as you dragged her along.
 
'They'll tell you. Since you're not listening to me.'
 
You dragged Jinhye all the way and stopped right in front of Hongbin. 'Binie oppa, this is Jinhye. Jin jin, Hongbin oppa.' You smiled widely while the both of them just looked at you. One in horror, and the other one confused.
 
'I'm going to kill you.' Jinhye whispered to you. You could tell that Hongbin's eyes were saying the same thing to you. 
 
'Not unless I kill you first.' You turned to the rest of them. 'Oppa, this is stalker creep. Jung Jinhye.'
 
'So she's the stalker creep.' You nodded at Ken's comment as you pat Jinhye's head even though she was taller than you.
 
'I'm Ravi, that's Ken, and Leo. It's nice to meet you.' Ravi gestured to the rest.
 
'Wait, they're real?' Jinhye turned to you, but they clearly heard what she said. You hit Jinhye's back and she turned back to them. 'I'm Jung Jinhye. Min's best friend. It's nice to meet you too.'
 
'Okay. Let's go have lunch. I'm hungry.' You dragged Jinhye towards the canteen and the guys followed along. 
 
 
 
You plopped Jinhye down next to Hongbin and sat at the other side, while Leo sat next to you. 
 
'Wait, are you guys of the same age?' Ken pointed at the both of you. You nodded.
 
'So she's advanced too?' Ravi asked.
 
'Yeah. I thought I'll be in the same class as Min at least. But who knows that she'll be this advanced.' You knew that she was secretly referring to your relationship with the guys too. 
 
'She's crazy.'
 
'It's okay. Since you have Hongbin oppa around.' You ignored Ken's comment, and gained a glare from Hongbin while Jinhye just looked weirdly back you. 'And Wonshik oppa. You're classmates right?' You laughed. Hongbin oppa is hilarious.
 
'Yeah. Wait. Are you in the same class as Leo and Ken oppa?' You nodded. 'Holy. Wait. How on earth do you even know them in the first place?'
 
'Hakyeon oppa.'
 
'Wait what. Ahjusshi is that Cha Hakyeon?' You nodded. 'AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME? THAT YOUR BROTHER IS IN AN IDOL GROUP?' 
 
'You never asked.' 
 
'I NEVER ASKED? ARE YOU SERIOUS. And you call me your best friend.'
 
'I called you my stalker creep. You're the one who said that we're best friends. I'll tell you anything you want. You just have to ask.' The guys breathed out. For a moment, they thought that you were going to fight. And girls fighting were never nice to watch.
 
'Oh really. So you'll tell me anything I want.' Jinhye smirked at Leo. What? But you did not notice.
 
'I think that girl knows.' Ravi whispered to Leo.
 
'I didn't even do anything.' Leo looked back at Jinhye to find her still looking at him. Hongbin saw the both of them looking at each other, and even when Leo looked away, Jinhye did not. Don't tell me she likes Taekwoon hyung? 
 
You were indulging yourself in your lunch, as usual, but Jinhye was trying to get more stuff out of you. 'Yah, why didn't you reply my messages after the call yesterday?'
 
You did not even look at her as you responded. 'Busy.' Leo looked at you. Busy?
 
'Busy? What were you busy doing then?' Jinhye looked at Leo again, and caught him looking at you, then at her. Bingo. 
 
'Busy plotting a plan to kill you without anyone knowing.' You continued eating. 
 
'Fine.' Jinhye remained silent for awhile, but continued again. 'By the way, do you guys know of Min's striking system?' Don't she need to eat?
 
Ravi nodded, and Jinhye was soon scanning through their faces. 'Let's see. Hongbin oppa, zero strikes.' She called me oppa. She just did. 'Ravi oppa, that, I can't tell. Not too many, not zero. Ken oppa, I bet she lost count.' All of you nearly choked on your food. 'Guess I'm right on that.' She smiled cheekily. 'And Leo oppa, either has millions, or zero.' 
 
How on earth does she know? Seeing Leo's expression, Jinhye knew she was right, while you remained oblivious to what she was doing. It did not matter much to you anyways. 'Okay, let's dig in!' She announced and finally started with her food, and you heaved a sigh of relief which you knew she heard. 
 
 
 
You quickly chased Jinhye back into her classroom first before lunch period was over and you pulled Hongbin to stay behind.
 
'Bin oppa.' You held out your hand at him. 
 
'What?'
 
'Lend me your phone.' Hongbin complied but continued to look at you weirdly. 'You do know that she's taken right.' You looked up to see him shocked at what you just said. 'It has been quite long already. I forgot the number of years.' The three remaining guys just watched as you fiddled with his phone and Hongbin's expressions changing for the worse. 
 
'I-Is that person good looking?' What?! Bin oppa is ridiculous. 
 
'Maybe?' You tried to control your laughter as you saw his distraught face. 'If you consider me good looking that is.' You laughed as you handed him his phone back. 'She's my secret boyfriend. The one who called yesterday.' Hongbin froze for a moment as he stared at you, and then looked at his phone. Jung Jinhye <3 And below it was her number, saved in his phone. 'Don't worry. It was just a joke. She likes guys. And so do I. We're just extremely good friends.' Hongbin was still looking at you weirdly. 'Happy early birthday!' You giggled as you patted the phone which was now in his hands.
 
 
 
'Can you believe it?! Bin oppa actually likes her already!' You said happily as you headed back to the classroom with Ken and Leo. 'Do you think they met before? Or is it love at first sight! She's so lucky!' 
 
Leo looked at you spazzing over Hongbin and Jinhye. Would you be this happy if that's the case for you too? It's love at first sight too. But I can't bring myself to tell you that. What if, you don't have the same feelings for me? Will it change everything that it is right now?
 

Meanwhile, Ken just quietly watched as Leo had his eyes stuck on you. Taekwoon hyung is stuck so deep. 

 


 

[A/N] Another update! Woohoo~ I'm sorry that I'm dragging this on for like forever. Hahahaha. Hopefully you guys have yet to get bored of it xD

Thank you so much for the subscribes! 

( the teaser was so damn good. Can't waittttt!)