Chapter 12

This Is Then Counted
[A/N] Double Update! Go back to previous chapter ~
 
You were asking Jaeyoung about how it was at the orphanage, and if there was many volunteers who come over, when Nari appeared again, this time with a few other girls. 
 
'Unnie!' Nari hugged you and you patted her head. 
 
You decided not to question Nari anymore about the ice cream, or Leo, as there were other kids with you. And you did not need any more children eating ice cream right after lunch. 'Has Inyoung unnie been treating you girls well?' You asked as you smiled back. 
 
Nari nodded her head and another girl beside her was jumping up and down excitedly. 'Unnie, are any of the oppas your boyfriend?'
 
What? 'No, of course not! Why? Which one do you have your eyes on?' You nudged them while they just giggled.
 
'It's not that! It's just that they keep looking at you!'
 
'Two of them!' Nari added. 
 
'All the time!' You looked at Jinah. 
 
'You sure none of them is your boyfriend?' WhoawhoawhoaThese girls are really excited about this topic. 
 
You patted their heads. 'Now who's that two of them?' 
 
However, before they could answer, you felt Jaeyoung pulling onto your sleeve, hard. You looked down at him to see him frowning. 'Noona can't have a boyfriend.' What? You laughed and you ruffled his hair. 
 
'Okay Jaeyoungie, noona wouldn't have a boyfriend.' You laughed as you looked at the other girls. 
 
'Unnie, I think Jaeyoung likes you. Hehe.' 
 
'Yeah, I think so too.'
 
 
 
After quickly settling the children down in front of the makeshift stage, you sat down with them and Jaeyoung climbed into your lap. 
 
This was the first time you saw them performing live, even though it was only children's songs. To be honest, you were looking forward to them to perform their own songs, but they could not possibly do that when majority of their audience are little kids. 
 
You had all your attention on them as 'Thank You For Being Born' came on, thankfully for you, they decided to include it as their last song. 
 

You probably hated me all day
You still don’t know me, stupid

Your birthday comes only once a year
How could I forget?

He can sing well yet he annoys me so much. Eesh stupid Han Sanghyuk. 

I’m sorry I couldn’t express my heart for all this time
I guess I was too shy to say I love you
Will you close your eyes?

You were ticked off when it was N's turn. You could never get used to him performing. 

Congratulations, happy birthday to my love
I won’t change, I’ll make your heart race every day
I promise you

Why is he so mean to me when he sings so well too? Well, that don't actually link to each other, but still!

Thank you so much, thank you for my love
For being born today, for coming to me
Meeting you was a great fortune in my life
Now blow out the candles, my love

You did not even realize as your mouth hung slightly open, and your heart began to beat rapidly. Crap.

The only thing I can do is
To love you even more

Wonshik oppa sings quite well too!

There might be times when I hurt you
But please know this one thing
Just like always, just like now

Okay, fine. Hakyeon oppa sings well. 

I love you, you’re my everything to me
Even after ten years, it’ll be like only one day has passed
I won’t change, I’ll make your heart race every day
I promise you, my love

It still feels like a dream
An angel is looking at me and smiling
Like this

Even if I yell I love you endlessly
It’s not enough
Lonely and hard days won’t be scary if we’re together
I’ll give you things that always overflow
Thank you so much, thank you for my love

For being born, for being by my side
I am born again because I met you
Now will you put this ring on? My love

'H-up.' Your hand flew to your mouth as you started hiccupping, and Jaeyoung looked up at you weirdly. You immediately tried to hold your breathe, in an attempt to get rid of your hiccups. What's wrong with me? Why am I behaving so weirdly?

Leo looked over at you as soon as he was done, to find you looking at the ground uneasingly with your hands covering your mouth. Did something happen? Or was I that bad?
 
All of the kids were soon looking at you as N babbled off after they cheered and clapped at the end of their performance. Who knows what he was saying. Must have been some encouraging speech
 
'Noona aren't you performing?' These little innocent pesky creatures. 
 
'Unnie are you next?' An idol group just performed, and you still want me to perform? After them?
 
'Min unnie you're singing too right?' The members were soon looking at you as the kids began to cheer pressure you into performing. Sing?
 
How am I suppose to sing in front of these professionals though? You looked at them and awkwardly smiled. But I can't possibly tell them that I'm not going to sing today? 
 
'Noona?' You looked down at Jaeyoung who was tugging onto your shirt. 'Are you going to perform?' And how am I suppose to say no to him? 'I want to hear noona sing.'
 
All of the kids were soon crowded around you in a circle as they waited, like how they would usually sit when you sang to them. You could see Inyoung cheering too as she encouraged them to clap even louder. I'm going to kill her some day. 
 
Even the members sat down among the children. 'Oppa, ask noona to sing!' Nari poked Leo by his side. 
 
'Me?'
 
'Oppa, you like noona don't you?' Leo's mouth hung open slightly. 'Don't worry, I won't tell noona. But noona can sing really well!' 
 
 
'Hyung, Minyeon-ie can sing?' Hyuk asked N who was seated near him. 
 
'The last time I heard her, she was better than you.' Stupid hyung.
 
'Noona is better than all of you!' A little boy between them exclaimed. 
 
Really? Leo looked over at you who was patting Jaeyoung's head, seated in the centre of the circle.
 
Everyone quietened down as soon as the song started playing. You immediately turned to Inyoung who had her phone in her hands. Screw her. Inyoung nodded her head and gave you a reassuring smile. Does she think of me as her radio or something eesh. 
 

     The whispered secrets as I look at the clock
     The sincere story in my heart
     It’s okay if I am hurt
     The more I am pushed, the better
     Please call out my name

You sang as you played with Jaeyoung's hands, not looking up at all. 

     I’m afraid my heart will be revealed in between my hands
     My heart is overwhelmed, it’s sad
     Please wait a bit more and wait for me
     You and I, we can’t be right now
     I want to push on the clock even more but
     In the future, which you will be in
     Please call out my name

All of them were amazed, especially the members, as they stared at you singing, getting every pitch and tone accurately.

     The times that I first peeped at
     You and I, we were together
     I like you, who plays with me
     If I ask you, you like me too
     What is my name?

Jaeyoung looked at you as you placed your palm with his, and fiddled with his fingers gently. 

     In a blink of an eye, I’ll be an adult
     I hope you recognize me, I hope you remember me
     Yes that strange child
     I really like your image that shines in between my hands

This girl, really. 

      I turn it with my fingertips – hey clock hand, please run
     Turn a little bit faster
     I tightly close my two eyes and cast a spell
     You and I, there’s only a little bit left

      I don’t know when or what time

   But in the future, which you will be in –

     By any chance, if I get lost and wander,
     So that I can recognize you,
     Please call out my name

Everyone cheered and clapped, while you had your eyes glued on Jaeyoung in front of you. Dang. What have I just done?

'I told you so oppa.' Nari chirped, while Leo could not tear his eyes away from you.

 
 
 
'I'll be back soon okay? Just tell Inyoung noona if you want to find me! I'll come immediately! Do you want anything the next time I come?' You asked Jaeyoung as you were about to leave. 
 
'Noona, next time don't bring that hyung along.' You looked at Jaeyoung weirdly. 
 
'Hyung? Which hyung?'
 
You turned to see who Jaeyoung was pointing at. 'That hyung.' Leo looked back at you as he heard your laughter.
 
'Why? Is that hyung very scary?'
 
'No, it's just that hyung keeps looking at noona.' What are they talking about that she keeps giggling? And he pointed at me?
 
'But Jaeyoungie also kept looking at me?' You asked him back.
 
'Only Jaeyoungie can look at noona.' I wonder if his girlfriend is going to have it tough in the future. Protective, but obsessive. What a boy
 
'Yeon-ah, we really have to go now. It's getting very late.' N came to you. 
 
'Okay oppa. Noona has to go now okay?' You looked at Jaeyoung. 
 
 
 
'Why did you bring him out?' Ken asked as he saw Jaeyoung still holding onto your hand as he followed you out of the building. 
 
'My boyfriend wanted to make sure I get on the van safely.' You smiled widely as you patted on Jaeyoung's head, and Jaeyoung smiled along with you. With that, Ravi turned to look at Leo, who was no longer staring at you but at Jaeyoung. 
 
'Hyung, he took less than a day. You should learn from him.' As usual, Ravi earned a hit from Leo, and immediately kept his mouth shut. 
 
'Yeon I'm gonna put your number as an emergency hotline when I get any more kids who I need help with.' Inyoung gasped as she looked at you and Jaeyoung. 
 
Pshh you. 'Take good care of them okay? Thank you soo much!' You hugged Inyoung tightly and Jaeyoung too, before boarding the van. 
 
 
 
You were so tired that you fell asleep right after you boarded the van, and so did everyone else. Except for that certain one person, again.
 
As the van moved, your head was bobbing up and down, and it soon landed on Leo's shoulder. 
 
He froze immediately, and just when he calmed his heart down, he felt you hugging onto his arm, leaning on him, and his heart was soon beating rapidly again. He was even more nervous than the time when he was about to perform their debut stage. Jung Taekwoon. Stop it. 
 
Your fringe covered your face slightly as the van jerked, and Leo moved it to the side with his free hand. He stared at you sleeping sweetly next to him, with your face just inches away. She must be so tired from just now. Leo smiled when he thought of how you were playing with the kids earlier that day. It was the happiest time he had ever seen you have. But then again, to him, it seem as though it was the only time you seemed genuinely happy. 
 
It would have been the same case for Leo himself, however, after you appeared, he has found himself being genuinely happy in more situations, as long as you were around. 
 
He gave up trying to calm his heart down. I guess I must really like you Cha Minyeon... But do you like me back? Or do you just treat me as another older brother? 
 
Before Leo could even stop himself, he leaned in and kissed you on your lips gently. He froze again as pulled away, shocked at what he just did. Crap. Did I just? ... Darn. Seriously, Jung Taekwoon what have you done?! 
 
Is she asleep? She's asleep right? ... This is bad... Jung Taekwoon, can't you even control yourself?
 
 
 
'Yah. Wake up. Jung Taekwoon. Cha Minyeon. I say wake up.' N sternly said as he stared at the both of you. 
 
Leo was the first to open his eyes to find N glaring at him. That was when he realized that he was resting his head on yours, and he quickly lifted his head, looking out of the window as he yawned. 
 
'Cha. Min. Yeon.' N said again, his eyes glaring holes into your head. Leo saw that you were still asleep, and gently nudged you with his free hand. By then, all the others had already woken up. 
 
'Hmm?' You mumbled as you dug your face into Leo's shoulder and hugged tighter onto his arm, not knowing what you were doing. At this, Leo froze again, while N was about to explode.
 
'CHA. MIN. YEON. WAKE UP.' You finally opened your eyes as you let go of Leo, still not even half-awake. 
 
'Tireddd...' You mumbled incoherently as Ken dragged you out from the door on his side, as Leo was still stuck at his seat, not moving at all. 
 
'Jung Taekwoon what are you waiting for?' N said again and Leo snapped out of it. 
 
Everyone was very tired from the day's activities, some still half asleep, and obviously Ravi was one of them. You were soon leaning on Ken as he stood closest to you, while you waited for N to tell you what to do. 
 
'What were the both of you doing in the car?' N looked at you and Leo, while you just blankly looked back at him. Meanwhile, Leo tried to maintain his expression as he looked back at N. Wait. Did he see?
 
'Hakyeon hyung, it's not like they kissed or something.' Leo's head immediately turned to Ravi. Miraculously, still in his half-asleep state, he fortunately saw Leo's expression and quickly corrected himself. 'I mean, it's not like Taekwoon hyung likes her or anything.' Ravi mumbled, which was not exactly much better. Kim Wonshik that jerk.
 
'Kiss?! Don't you dare think of doing that! I'm not going to let anyone claim her first kiss without my permission! And don't any of you think of even liking her! I'll kill every single one of you!' N was getting agitated, in the middle of the night, at the carpark where they just alighted from, while Hyuk just looked blankly back at N. But hyung wouldn't know right? How would he know that I like Minyeonie?
 
Leo looked at N. Guess what Hakyeon, I just did. He looked over at you, who has now fallen asleep while leaning on Ken as he tried to hold you up by your shoulders and was struggling greatly.
 
'You too Lee Jaehwan!' N pointed at him who was holding onto you.
 
'Alright hyung. Can we go back now? And someone needs to bring her back too.' Ken said. Really, she sleeps a lot. 
 
 
 
Leo looked at Ravi while he pulled him to a corner. 'But hyung, did you really kiss her?' Leo froze. I thought you saw? 'Well, I didn't see anything, I was asleep. But your reaction when I said that randomly was um, suspicious.' . 
 
 

 

[A/N] Hey guys! I've finally updated after an entire month >< Thank you so much for the support even though I'm quite really lacking in terms of my writing! I'll try to update more often. 

Hope that these two chapters weren't that boring, and once again, I'm really sorry for the grammar errors! My vocab is kind of limited too. Heh. 

Do remember to subscribe and leave comments! It will be greatly appreciated :D

(Oh and the second song is IU's You and I, it actually does not actually contributes to the plot or anything, so just take it as a random song which Inyoung chose to play for Minyeon to sing ^^ )

On a side note, it's late but still, Happy Birthday to Ravi!!! And I really can't wait for their comeback oh gawd. I don't think I can handle it when I'm not over with Error yet xD Heh.

Thanks!