Chapter 23

This Is Then Counted

 

'Wonshik-ah. Remember. Pay attention to the road. Road.' 

'Yes hyung.'

'And Taekwoon, take the passenger seat. I'm really scared of Wonshik.'

'Hyung!'

Leo looked at N, and then at the car, and back at N. But I don't want to take the passenger seat. Leo dragged his feet along reluctantly as N pushed him onto the car. 

'Hyukie you. I think you'll sit with Yeonie then. At the back. It'll be easier for her friends to get on later.' Oh yeah! / What? Why does he get to sit with her while I- Stupid Cha Hakyeon. 

Just when Hyuk climbed into the SUV, you were seen running to the car, and then someone shouted. 'YAH CHA MINYEON WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU WEARING.'

Your bag was slipping off your shoulders as you skidded to a stop in front of an extremely unimpressed N. You eyed your clothes and looked back at him. 'What? It's just jeans shorts and a plain shirt. What's wrong?' And you should never have asked that.

'What's wrong? You're wearing freaking shorts and you ask me what's wrong?' Why are we doing this in the middle of the carpark oh damn. Stupid Hakyeon oppa.

'It's not short shorts! And it's longer than the romper Minhyuk oppa gave me. The weather is hot oppaaa.'

N paused. That's kind of true. 'Okay. Fine. Don't come crying to me if you start freezing in the car.'

'Okay! I'll just use a blanket or something.'

'By the way, where are you guys going?'

'Jin said the amusement park. Everland. Yongin.'

'The whole day?' N cringed at the mention of an amusement park.

'Yeah. I thought we were going ice skating too but she changed the plans.'

'But you can't take the rides.'

'Exactly~' Like N, rollercoasters were a no-no for you. And there was no need to mention bungee jumping or any high element activities. You, too, got it bad. 

'Doesn't Jinhye know?'

'She does. I don't mind actually. There's lots of things to see there anyway I heard, even though I didn't go before.'

'Okay then. Don't push yourself too much. If you can't take it. Don't.'

'Yes oppa.' You climbed into the SUV and settled down next to Hyuk, not forgetting to grab a blanket from the front, while N opened the car door for you.

'Help me take care of Yeonie okay. And the two other girls. Which wouldn't exactly be an easy feat I might add.'

'Yes hyung.'

 

 

'Heyheyhey!' Jinhye exclaimed as she jumped into the car. 'Why isn't anyone greeting me. You heartless beings.' You laughed at Jinhye as she got ignored. 'Really? Still not saying hi? Fine. FINE.'

'Jin you do know that it was your idea to get the oppas to come along right?' You said as you leaned forward to the seat in front of you. 

'Don't remind me of my horrible decision.' She glared at Ravi and Hyuk. 

'Where's the third one?' Ravi asked as he turned around.

'Oh look. You finally decided to speak.' You looked at the both of them, amused. War will probably break out later if we're lucky enough. 'Mi left her phone upstairs. Yepp. She's here.'

And the door opened to reveal your other best friend, frozen, as she stared at the three males. 'Yeahyeah. You'll get over it. Quick. We don't want to waste any more time.' Jinhye pulled Miyoung in.

'Wha- Wait what?'

'Yongin Everland! Let's go!' Ravi announced as he started the car, while you, Jinhye and Hyuk cheered along. 

'Wait, I need someone to tell me what's going on.'

'Why does your friends all react like that when they see us?' Hyuk asked as he edged closer to you.

'Hey! I wasn't this shocked okay!' Jinhye said as she pointed at Miyoung.

'Yeah. You were even more shocked.' Ravi added.

'Yah!'

'Don't yah me. I'm older than you.' Jinhye ignored Ravi and turned to Miyoung. 'I bet you didn't know that ahjusshi is that Hakyeon.'

'What? That Harabeoji is what?' Here we go again. 

'It's 'cos you guys always call oppa those funny names that's why you don't realize.'

'Really? Like really really?' Jinhye nodded. 'Whoa. Cool.' 

'See. She's less shocked than you.'

'Yah! Han Sanghyuk!'

'What. Dumb Jinhye.' 

You smacked Hyuk's arm. 'Stop.' 

'See. Even Min likes me more than you.'

'Jin stop trying to start war with all of them.' You muttered. 

'What? I'm not starting war with Leo oppa am I?'

'Don't drag me into this.' With that, Jinhye kept quiet, while you secretly smiled. 

But the silence was not for long as your jamming soon began. Jinhye blasted songs from her phone, while the four of you, excluding the driver and Leo, sang along crazily. Though it could have been mistaken as plain shouting. 

You were planning to keep yourselves in control, seeing that there were three guys who were not N along with the three of you. But you gave up when Hyuk joined in the craziness without a moment of hesitation. 

All the hits and hyped songs, Jinhye had every single one, though mostly from girl groups. Not that Hyuk or Ravi minded. Girl's Day, Ailee, APink, Sistar, Girls' Generation, AOA, Secret, 4Minute, Kara, the list was endless. 

And the guys finally understood what N meant. Especially when he said that it would be torturous for Leo. Very torturous. On the bright side, surprisingly, the notes were on point, and even the raps were covered by Miyoung. Which shocked Ravi, a lot. Just that the volume was honestly a bit too loud for Leo's liking. Even his throat was starting to hurt by just merely listening to the four of you. 

'Yeahyeah you girls win. You sing better than me and Miyoung raps better than me why not you guys just take my place.' Hyuk looked at you while the jamming paused for a water break. 

'That's very nice of you to offer to us.' Miyoung said, accustomed to the guys, or maybe just Hyuk, without much time spent. 

You stuck out your tongue at Hyuk while he jabbed your sides, causing you to yelp. 'Oppa!'

'I'll cut off your tongue if you don't stop doing that.' But you did it again. 

'Han Sanghyuk.' Hyuk's hands stop midair when he heard Leo. 

'Hey that's bias hyung!' Ravi smirked. Bias? Hyukie ah. You don't know anything. 

'Too bad for you thennn~' You poked Hyuk back, grinning. 

On the other hand, poor Ravi would not resist but to sing a long too. However, his efforts were dismissed with Leo next to him. 

'Kim Wonshik. The road.' Leo said for the umpteenth time. 

'Yes hyung.' I miss Jaehwan hyung. 

4Minute's Crazy blasted out of Jinhye's phone. Leo sighed. I'm really going crazy.

 

 

After a crazy journey in the car, you finally reached. And two people were happier than ever to get off the car. It meant the end of the loud jamming for Leo, and for Ravi, he finally had a break from the job which he was assigned to, under an extremely strict supervisor.

You were headed for the entrance of the amusement park until Jinhye exclaimed out of nowhere. 'Waitwaitwait! Guys! Let's go check out the shop first!' Technically, the guys had no reason to object, since they were not the mains to begin with. But then again, two of them did not mind as long as you were fine with it, but Ravi had no idea why he was dragged into this simply because he could drive. 

'Why are you even shopping when we're here at the amusement park.' Ravi muttered, while Jinhye shot him a look. What? Don't tell my shopping is part of your plan to get them together too? Now that really doesn't make sense. 

'Jin don't you have tons of dresses already.' You said as you eyed the clothes in the store.

'Yeah! But I need to get one for you!'

'Ah, no. It's okay. I can make do without one. Jin. Really.'

'No I don't care! I'm choosing a dress for you!' And when Jinhye decides on something, nobody could ever go against her.

Hence, you were off looking through the racks, in an attempt to end this shopping as soon as possible if you could find something that actually catches your eye. 

 

Miyoung went to Jinhye and whispered. 'Jin. Jinhye. I think he likes her too.'

'Yeah I know.' Without looking up, Jinhye answered her, thinking that Miyoung was referring to Leo. 

'No, I mean not only Leo oppa, Sang-'

'Oh my Min! Look at this! This is perfect for you!' Jinhye was distracted as she pulled out a black strapless dress. 

You felt your face reddening while the guys looked at you. 'Ha ha ha. You must be kidding me.'

Giving up on Jinhye, Miyoung went to Ravi. She caught on fast, by how the both of them was signaling at each other. But the thing was that, she was the only one who noticed that Hyuk likes you too. 

'Wonshik oppa.' 

'Yeah?'

'I think Sanghyuk likes Yeon too. But I don't think Jin knows.' Ravi froze. And looked at Hyuk laughing with you. 

'Are you sure?'

'Positive. He keeps sticking with Yeon.'

'That doesn't mean that-'

'And he keeps smiling at her even when she's not doing anything unless you tell me that he smiles at everything which I highly doubt so.' Ravi tried to pay attention to Hyuk now that Miyoung mentioned it. No. It can't be. 'Will it be okay though? Since Jin planned it for Leo oppa and Yeon? I don't think it's a good thing that both of them are here.'

'It should be fine I guess, or at least I hope.' Ravi muttered, 'Since I doubt Hyukie is as crazy as Taekwoon hyung.' not removing his eyes from Hyuk at all. Still, this is bad. How could we have not noticed Sanghyuk too?

'What? Why? Did Leo oppa do anything to Yeonie?'

Huh what? 'N-No. Hyung didn't so anything to her'

'Then?'

'It's just that. Hyung can stop her relapses. Yeah. That's all. Okay. Never mind. Now we should get that crazy Jinhye out of this place or we wouldn't get our rides today. And save Minyeonie at the same time.' Ravi quickly went to pull Jinhye out of the shop before she could hand you any ridiculously short dresses to try. 'AMUSEMENT PARK LET'S GOOO!' 

 

 

'We have an emergency Jinhye.' Ravi whispered, now that the three of them, Jinhye, Miyoung and himsef was a few metres in front of the other three of you. 

'What?' Though Jinhye was still annoyed that Ravi dragged her out of the store. 

'Sanghyuk likes Minyeon too.'

'No. That's impossible. How could I have missed i-'

'Look behind.'

Jinhye turned and saw the way Hyuk was smiling like a jerk as you complained about Jinhye and her dresses. . 'Easy. We can just keep Hyuk oppa away from the both of them.'

'Easier said then done.' Miyoung said.

'Hyuk sticks with her like glue whenever possible.' Ravi added.

'Then we can just make it not possible.' Miyoung looked at Jinhye who was eyeing her weirdly as she said it. 

'No. No way. Not me. I don't even know him before today. You do it!' Miyoung could tell what Jinhye was plotting again and without realizing it herself, grabbed onto Ravi's arm. 

'Okayokay. I'll do it. It should be easy since Min can't go on the rides.' Jinhye said a matter of factly.

'What? She can't?' Ravi paused.

'What do you expect? Ahjusshi can't either.'

'And you planned to go to an amusement park when she can't get on the rides?' 

'Don't look at me like you want to kill me! She said she doesn't mind!'

 

 

Leo stood on your right, while you complained to Hyuk who was on your left. Hyuk was walking extremely close to you as his hands keep brushing against yours, which you did not notice. However, Leo was not happy with that.

Nope. Don't get jealous. Something bad always happens to her when you get jealous, Jung Taekwoon. Don't. They're just super close since they're of the same age. Yeah. Leo mentally scolded himself. 

 

 

'So where do we start with.' Ravi asked as he looked at the map of the park's layout in his hands. 

'I'm fine with anything.' Miyoung said, and the rest nodded, while you just followed them blindly. 

'But we need to settle who takes turns to look after Min while we take the rides.' Here goes. They're going to think that I'm weird again. It's all Hakyeon oppa's fault actually. 

'What do you mean by take turns to look after Minyeon?' Hyuk looked at Jinhye. 

'I can't take the rides.' There was an awkward silence as Leo and Hyuk stared at you. Since the rest of them already knew. 

'What?' You smacked Hyuk when he eyed you strangely.

'I can't okay. It's fine actually. You guys can just go ahead with the rides. There's tons of stuff to see here anyways.' You said, and you could still feel Leo's stare on you.

'I can stay with Minyeon.' Hyuk said as he rested his arm over your shoulders. Miyoung looked at Ravi. See. I told you so. 

'I'll stay with her.' You turned to Leo. What? 

Miyoung shifted her feet uncomfortably again. I told you this isn't going to work out. 'Let's just go first. We'll figure a way out.' For everything.

 

 

In the end, Jinhye and Miyoung were the ones who arranged the duty roster for your caretakers. You kept arguing that you would be fine alone, but they rebutted back using your relapses, and you had to agree in the end. 

All of them had their turn with you, except for Leo. And he was annoyed at Jinhye. What's wrong with her? 

But, they made sure that during the rides with longer waiting time, anyone but Hyuk would be with you, so Hyuk would not be able to do much with you. Not that he himself noticed anyways. 

For most of the rides, you would wait while watching them play, while for some, Miyoung and Ravi would bring you to get some snacks for the rest of them when they got back. 

Before they knew it, it was soon evening, and they were at the entrance of the renowned T-Express. It was not exaggerated that you already felt unwell simply just by looking at it.

'Whoa the waiting time is long.' Hyuk looked at the board, and the amount of people rushing into the queue. 

'We came all the way here we can't possibly miss this out though!' Jinhye exclaimed. 

'I don't get why you like these kinds of rides.' You muttered lifelessly at them. 

'It's just you Min, it's just you.' 

'Eesh. Stupid Jin.' 

'Leo oppa can you accompany Yeon this time? It's getting dark and it might be better for you to be with her.' You looked at Miyoung. What? What does it's getting dark got to do with Taekwoon oppa-

'Can't I-' Before Hyuk could say much, Ravi cut him off. 

'It'll be better anyways. Since Taekwoon hyung is the only one who can stop her relapses. Now let's go before the queue gets longer.' Ravi quickly pushed Hyuk along, while you waved them off. 

Leo saw Jinhye grinning at him while your attention was on Hyuk. '1 hour!' They planned it didn't they. 

You watched as the four of them disappeared into the entrance and you turned to Leo. Now what?

You felt weird again when he held onto your hands, pulling you along as he headed away from the rollercoaster. 'Taekwoon oppa, they wouldn't be able to find us if we go else where.' 

Usually you could not so naturally slip to Ken or someone else, but now you were alone with Leo. Alone alone. And your hand in his was not exactly helping at all. 

'The waiting time is at least 1 hour. We'll just come back by then.' 

'Oh okay.' You said, still staring at your hands in his. 

He brought you to a snack cart and got you cotton candy, while the both of you headed to the garden afterwards. Your hand in his throughout the entire time. 

'Taekwoon oppa, I'm pigging out a lot just because I can't take the rides. Wonshik oppa got me churros just now.' You said as you bit off the cotton candy. Mm. Sweet. 

'It's okay. Did you come here before?' You shook your head.

'Have you?'

'Once.'

'With?'

'My family.' Oh.

'That's nice. But don't you want to go on that ride though?'

'I've been on it before. Are you chasing me away right now?'

'No!' You answered a bit too quickly, and Leo chuckled. . Cha Minyeon you're going to get caught if you don't watch out. You thought to yourself. 

'There's somewhere we need to go later after the gardens.'

'Where?' 

'I won't tell you.'

'Why!' You tugged onto Leo's hand which was holding onto yours. 

'Just because.' 

'That's unfair. I can kill oppa with this you know.' You lifted the cotton candy stick to his face. 

'Go ahead then.' He tilted his face towards you. 

'Since when were you this mean.' You pouted as you smacked his side with your hand holding onto the stick. 

'You're missing the flowers if you keep talking.' I didn't know Taekwoon oppa was this annoying! 

 

 

It's dark enough now. 'Min-ah.'

'Hmm?'

'Let's go.'

'Where?' You were following him again. 

'You'll see when you get there.'

'Are you still not telling me?' Leo shook his head. 'But aren't we heading there already!'

'That's why.' EESH. 

 

 

You did not realize it yourself as you watched at the show in awe, that you were tightly holding back onto Leo's hand too. You were mesmerized by how the lights danced on the water, something which you never understood how it work since you were young. 

You would usually attempt to find the source of the lights, maybe a mini projector in the water, but this time, you were too occupied to bother. The water splashing and lights shining, maybe because it was at a huge scale amusement park, the show was more grand and special as compared to those which you have ever caught a glimpse of. You nearly forgot about Leo's presence next to you. 

Until you felt his lips on your right cheek. 

You immediately turned to look at him, surprised. At the same time missing the finale as the lights shone in the background behind the both of you. 

W-What was that? But you knew that it was not just you hallucinating, as you saw Leo smiling, grinning back at you. T-Taekwoon oppa, he-

'It's late already. They must be looking for us. Let's go.' He tugged onto your hand and pulled you away from the water fountain which you had soon totally forgotten about. The kiss was all that was in your head. 

You followed him blindly as he led you back to the rollercoaster where you left the rest of them. D-Did he really just kiss me? But- Why would he.

 

 

Jinhye turned to Ravi. 'Do you think Leo oppa did it?'

'But wouldn't she get her relapses though?'

'I'm pretty sure it's cured.' He eyed her. That doesn't make sense. He can't possibly cure something that's that serious. 

 

 

Just when you reached the exit of the T-Express, the four of them came out. And before you even knew what was happening, partially due to you trying to figure out what just happened minutes ago, you found yourself being pulled elsewhere again. You quickly snapped out of it. 'Yah! Sanghyuk oppa! What are you doing?' You shouted.

'The fireworks are starting soon! Quick quick!'

'Oh my god he better not do anything funny.' Jinhye groaned as they tried to catch up with the both of you. 

I have a bad feeling about this. Miyoung watched Hyuk who had that same giddy grin across his face from that afternoon. 

 

Fortunately, all of you settled down before it began, or else Hyuk would have made a huge fuss. For who knows what reasons. And as he was the one pulling you along, he obviously got the spot right next to you. While the rest sat in front of the both of you. 

What is he trying to do now? I can't even see her from here. But before Leo could do anything, the fireworks started. 

Everyone watched silently as the fireworks shot up into the sky and showered down. In all sorts of colours and patterns possible. When was the last time I got to see these? And before you knew it. You were thinking about Leo and the kiss on your cheeks again. 
 

 


 

'Minyeon-ah.' 

You turned to Hyuk as the fireworks ended after the five minutes display. 

'Hmm?'

You froze, staring blankly back at Hyuk in shock as you felt his lips on yours.

 


 

[A/N]  And now I'm stuck. And I'm not even kidding. Oops.

I honestly think that it was just tons of bickering and when it came to the main part, it was kind of short. Oh damn. I'm sorry guys. I tried. I have no idea what just happened in this chapter. Don't kill me.

Thank you so much for the upvotes and comments and subscribes!

(Since I'm really stuck. I can't promise when the next update will be, plus, my holidays are half gone and I have yet to start on my homework. But I will try to update within a week!)

Subscribe and Comment Comment Comment!

<3