Chapter 35

This Is Then Counted

N eyed Leo as he got dressed to leave, while Hongbin had no idea what was going on when Leo asked him to go out with him, and to dress nicely.

‘Taekwoon hyung, aren’t you going to go out with Minyeonie today though? Why are you asking me to go out with you?’ Hongbin whispered.

I didn’t ask for a free day for the both of them to go out together. What’s with him that he’s going out with Hongbin and not Yeonie? Is he nuts? ‘Where are the both of you going?’

‘Out.’

‘Probation, Jung Taekwoon.’

‘Café.’ Don’t kill him. He’s Min’s brother. You can’t kill him.

Why would hyung bring me to a café? Did I do something wrongso he wants to talk to me? But if I did, why a café?

 

 

Should I call her? Girls are so unpredictable. Then what am I going to say when she picks up? Shouldn’t she be the one apologizing to me first? Well, she started the ‘bread’ thing- ‘Wonshik-ah. Prepare to go out.’ Ravi flipped over on the couch to face N.

‘We’re going somewhere?’

‘Wear something, not that recognizable. Quick. Before they go too far off.’ They? As in, Taekwoon hyung and Hongbinnie? / I’m certain that he’s going to meet Yeonie. If he doesn’t, that’s one strike for him. For wasting a day off with Kong who he can see everyday, which I risked my life to ask for. That ungrateful brat.

 

 

‘Min, what’s wrong with you, wearing a skirt without me placing a knife by your throat, and asking ME to dress up.’ Jinhye mumbled as she eyed you.

‘This isn’t too short, right?’ You asked as you looked at your outfit. What if Taekwoon oppa finds it too short? … I should probably go get some more female-ish clothing.

‘Since when did you care about what you wear when you go out with me?’ Jinhye was getting suspicious as you dragged her along happily. ‘And you didn’t even tell me where we’re going.’

‘Café.’

‘Ah, yeah. Café. At this time of the day. You want a heart to heart talk session with me all of a sudden? We can do it at your place in comfortable home clothing though?’

‘It’s up to you to think what we’re going to do~’

 

 

Leo smiled when he saw you waving at him from a distance away, while Hongbin froze when he saw who was seated opposite you. ‘Uh, hyung. What’s happening?’

‘It’s Minyeon’s idea.’ Leo bluntly said, and went towards you, as Jinhye turned around to see who you were grinning widely at.

‘Uh, hahaha, Min, very funny. What are you trying to do?’

You simply stuck out your tongue at her before going to Hongbin and pushing him to take the seat you were in seconds ago. ‘You guys should spend some time together, and mmm, have fun, you know.’ You giggled, while your friend was glaring at you for not telling her beforehand.

‘Enjoy.’ With that one word, Leo had your hand in his, and was pulling you out of the café.

‘Wait! Hyung! You’re leav-‘ ing us both alone here?!? Hongbin was not expecting this at all, and within a blink of an eye, you were gone. T-They could have at least hinted something to me before this right?

‘Well, since those two jerks planned this, I guess it doesn’t harm anyone to go ahead with it?’ Being the freelance person she was, Jinhye said, calmly, as she glanced over at the menu. ‘So what do you want, Hongbin oppa?’

 

 

‘I knew it. I freaking knew it. SEE.’ N took off his sunglasses as he stared at the both of you who just came out of the café.

Why did he get me to come along with him but not Jaehwan hyung? This doesn’t even make sense. ‘Hyung, you’re going to get caught if you’re this loud.’

‘It doesn’t matter if they do see me anyways, it’s logical for me to be following them. If he dares to do anything to my Yeonie he is so dead. How did he even-‘

‘Hyung, are you going to continue standing here, or follow them?’

N finally moved his legs, but that didn’t mean that his mouth would stop nagging. ‘Why is she even wearing that? Since when did she- That day too! At the hospital. And why is he holding onto her hand- He can’t do that! Aren’t they too close to each other? Don’t you think so, Wonshik-ah?’

N’s voice blaring next to him was starting to give him a headache. ‘Yes hyung. Whatever you say.’ If Taekwoon hyung just watched it a little, they wouldn’t have gotten caught and I wouldn’t be here following them under Hakyeon hyung’s orders! I could have just went- stayed at the dorm and sleep.

 

 

‘Oppa, where are we going?’ You asked as you tugged onto his hand.

‘Somewhere.’

‘Where?’ You pouted, ‘Are you not planning to tell me again?’

‘Are you okay recently?’

‘I asked you first!’

‘You seem okay right?’ Leo smiled as he ruffled your hair. ‘How’s your elbow?’

‘Woonie oppaaaaa~ Tell meeee.’

‘Not gonna~’ He pinched your cheeks as he continued walking.

‘Oppa!’

 

 

‘Wouldn’t anyone recognize you? Don’t you at least need a cap on?’ You asked as you were pulled down onto the seat next to him on the bus.

‘They probably wouldn’t. It’s fine if they do anyways.’ Leo eyed you as you grinned, your hands messing up his hair. ‘Min, what are you doing?’

‘Your hair is fluffy. Hehehehe.’ You giggled as you messed it up even more, covering his eyes with it. ‘And it’s brown.’

‘Do you like it that much?’ If I knew, then I would have dyed it earlier.

‘You look good with it, I like both this and the normal black hair.’

‘You didn’t do this previously though?’

‘I didn’t have a reason to. At least now I can play with it since you changed it.’ You tugged onto his hair and continued to fool around like a little kid.

‘Yahyahyah- Stop it hurts.’ You immediately retracted your hand, butdid not remove your eyes from it.

‘Sorry.’ How is it even possible for her to be annoying and cute at the same time? Leo could feel that you were going to make a weird comment when you grinned and finally looked at him. ‘Oppa, can I play with your hair the next time too?’

And you earned a flick on your forehead. ‘What’s with you and my hair.’

‘Whattt, it’s fluffy. I’ll only play with it when it’s fluffy. You can have it when it’s not.’ What does she even mean by that? I can have it when it’s not?

‘Then can I do this too?’ Wh-

‘Oppa!’ You frowned when it was your turn to be attacked by him as he messed up your hair. ‘Taekwoon oppa!’

‘Okayokay, I’ll stop.’ He eyed you when you scrunched up your face while you tidied your hair.

‘Meanie oppa.’

‘Hey, you started it.’

‘Meanie Woonie oppa.’ You mumbled, but your actions said otherwise as you hooked your arm around his and leaned on his shoulder.

Hakyeon’s going to kill me. Leo could hear noises coming from behind him but chose to ignore it as he had his attention on you. Our actual first date and he’s actually following us. Not that it’s not expected but. He’s so going to kill me. … Minyeon probably wouldn’t even notice him. That’s good, since she wouldn’t be uncomfortable if she doesn't know that he's around.

 

 

‘Hakyeon hyung, calm down. You’re gonna get caught if you’re too loud.’ Ravi said for the umpteenth time as he tried to hold N back on the bus.

‘He- She- What- They- HOW DARE THEY-‘ Ravi was actually extremely thankful that N wasn’t spewing vulgarities at that moment, but he would have still preferred for N to not make any comments at all.

‘It’s just Taekwoon hyung, it’s not some random guy whom we don’t know. It’s fine, hyung.’

‘No it’s not! It’s my precious Yeonie- How can she- She’s mine!’ Now this hyung is being ridiculous.

‘Hyung, breathe.’

‘If it’s your sister, will you be able to calm down?’ And he just had to mention her.

‘No, but-‘

‘See, no. Even you wouldn’t be able to stay sane if such a situation happens.’ Yeah, I probably would have killed the fella by now.

‘But you know that no one will be able to do a better job than Taekwoon hyung.’

‘And it’s extremely annoying to know that. Thank you for reminding me.’

‘So why not just agree to them?’

‘’Cos it won’t work out. And why should I when she already has Minhyuk and I?’

‘It’s not like you’re going to marry her right?’ Ravi mumbled randomly. Which probably wasn’t a good idea.

‘WHAT?!’

 

 

‘What was that?’ You tried to turn around, but was stopped by Leo’s arm which suddenly appeared over your shoulder.

‘Hmm?’

‘Oppa, didn’t you hear something? I think it came from the back?’

‘I’m sure it wasn’t anything important. Don’t worry about it.’ Leo said as he pulled you closer, which made you keep quiet immediately as you felt a blush creeping up your face.

‘Are you blushing?’

‘No?’ You said softly as you quickly looked away, and heard him chuckling.

 

 

 

‘HE IS CRAZY. DOES HE NOT THINK AT ALL. DOGCAFE? IS HE NUTS? OHMY- HE. NO. I’M GOING TO GO KILL HIM NOW. THAT JUNG LEO-’ N shouted as he saw where the both of you stopped in front of.

‘Hyung, Hakyeon hyung. Calm down. You can’t just-’ Ravi frantically tried to hold him back as he was charging towards the both of you.

‘NOBODY’S GOING TO STOP ME. HE IS OUT. O. U. T. OUT.’

‘I’m sure he has his reasons, hyung-’

‘Hyung, stop shouting.’ The both of them immediately kept quiet and turned to find Ken grabbing onto N’s other arm to restrain him from doing anything rash.

‘What are you doing here?’ N eyed Ken weirdly, and at Hyuk who was standing next to Ken. ‘And Hyukie too?’

‘Uh, we were, shopping! Yes! And we heard someone making a fuss over here so we came over-’ Ken’s voice faded off as he saw the expression which N was giving him. He knew that N wasn’t going to fall for the crap which he just came up with. I’m certain that this is the most complicated relationship ever. Ken looked over at the maknae, who was looking straight at N.

‘We were following Minyeonie and Taekwoon hyung.’

‘You? The both of you? Why would the both of you be following them?’

Ken and Ravi immediately glared at Hyuk. He better not-

‘Hyung, I’m sure they’re just bored and-’

‘I like Minyeon.’ Now hell is going to break out.

‘That’s not even funny. So, Jaehwan-ah, why are you here?’

‘Hyung, I asked Jaehwan hyung to accompany me. ‘Cos Taekwoon hyung is bringing her out.’

‘Wait. I don’t get it. What’s with you kids and Yeonie?’

‘It’s not we kids, it’s just Hyukie and Taekwoon hyung.’ Ravi muttered, which earned himself an elbow from Ken.

‘Sanghyuk just wanted to see if Taekwoon hyung was treating her properly, right?’ Ken asked, not knowing what would make N less angry, and Hyuk less rebelling.

‘And why would you want to do that?’ N asked again, staring at Hyuk sternly.

‘Because I like her.’ Why, just why did I even bring her over in the first place. And how did these kids even.

‘Going against me is now your hobbies huh?’ N sighed as he looked at the three of them. ‘I give up. You, Han Sanghyuk, don’t even think of doing anything else. And you guys better not make things any more complicated. And I still have to go over to kill that-’

‘But that’s just making things even more complicated, hyung.’ Ken added, hoping that it would work.

‘Do you want to just ruin Minyeon’s date?’ Ravi added.

‘BUT. He’s bringing her to a freaking DOGcafe.’

‘If hyung really cares about her, he would change his plans if she isn’t able to go in right?’

‘If he cares about her he wouldn’t even bring her here in the first place! I bet ten bucks she wouldn’t last more than 5 minutes in there!’ N spat.

‘I bet 10 minutes.’ They eyed Ken weirdly.

‘Do you think that this is a joke right no-?’

‘2 hours?’ Now the attention was on Ravi.

‘What are you kids even-’

‘If hyung really succeeds in bringing her in, isn’t that good?’ N pursed his lips as he thought about what Ken said.

‘If Taekwoon hyung really manages to bring her in, that is.’ Then, maybe, just maybe, I’ll stop trying get Minyeon from him.

 

 

 

Leo braced himself for how you were going to react when he felt your grip on his hand tighten. Hahaha. Minyeon, I think your eyes are playing tricks on you right now. Why on earth would Taekwoon oppa bring you to a dogcafe when he knows that you’re afraid of dogs? ... Of course he would! He loves dogs. What did I get myself into?

‘Min-ah?’ Leo said softly, when he saw that you had been staring into blank space for quite a while.

‘Y-Yeah.’

‘We can go elsewhere though.’ That annoying voice of his.

‘I don’t like you.’

‘Really, we can go somewhere else if you-‘

‘I hate you.’ Leo was tugging on your hand, pulling you towards the opposite direction of the dogcafe, but your feet remained rooted to the ground.

‘Minyeon-ah?’

‘You’re a mean person.’

‘Let’s go somewhere else, I just thought that maybe-’

‘I won’t die right?’ He stopped trying to pull you away as he turned back to you. ‘If I go in?’

‘Min-ah, you don’t have to if you really can’t. It’s okay.’

‘Oppa, you bring me here and then you say that?’ You said as you poked his arm. ‘Annoying. You could have told me beforehand or something. So I could have been mentally prepared at least?’ You started pulling him towards the entrance, while he was still worried for you. Maybe I shouldn’t even have thought of bringing her here at all in the first place. ‘Woonie oppa, are you not going in?’

‘You sure that you’re okay?’

‘I’ll kill you at most. Yeap, I should be fine.’ You smiled at him, but he could tell that you were still nervous as your grip on his hand did not loosen.  

 

 

‘Oppa, Taekwoon oppa.’ You whined slightly as you clung onto his arm the moment you stepped in. Don't come close to me. Please don't come close. 

‘It’s fine. Really. I came here before. They’re trained and really friendly.’ Leo said as he held you closer to him. ‘Min, you okay?’

‘Yeah, I guess so. Just that,’ He looked at you as you stopped halfway, still staring at the dogs roaming around.

‘Hmm?’

‘I hate you.’ She should really stop saying that. And find an alternative way of calming herself down instead of saying ‘I hate you’ all the time.

‘Min-ah-’

 

 

‘It’s been more than five minutes hyung.’ Ken said quietly as he checked his watch.

‘Why isn’t she out yet. She should be out by now.’ N moved over to the glass window as he tried peeping through it, at the same time not wanting to be caught by you.

 

 

With you still freaking out internally and trying to not let it show so that Leo wouldn't feel bad for bringing you here, you were pulled down to sit next to him on the ground.

'Will you be okay if it comes close?' Leo asked, but you were zoning out again. 'Min? Min-ah.'

'Maybe.' You mumbled as you gripped tighter onto his hand. 

'But I can't do anything with you grabbing onto my hand like that.' You pouted, and Leo rubbed your shoulder gently in an attempt to calm you down.

'Meanie.' You had your eyes back to the dogs as you were afraid of any coming too close into your comfort zone. It was already a great accomplishment for you to enter the cafe, and is actually sitting on the same level as them. 

Leo finally felt your hand letting go of his, but instead found it gripping onto the corner of his shirt immediately afterwards. 'It doesn't bite. Really.' That's what the whole world says. 

'I actually got bitten by a dog in case you've forgotten.' You mumbled softly, which Leo still managed to catch on. 

Your eyes were fixed on the incoming target, a bulldog which was getting lured over by the dog feed on Leo's outstretched palm. Can't oppa choose a cuter and less harmful looking dog? It would help, even a little bit, in calming my nerves down.

Leo looked over at you as it got even closer, and saw that you weren't showing any form of strong resistance, and decided that you were more or less fine with it. Especially when he is certain that the dogs there were harmless. He just had to prove it to you.

You flinched when the dog calmly ate the feed of Leo's palm, and continued staring as it went off to find more food.  

‘See, it’s harmless.’ Yeah. I saw. 

Leo looked at you as he felt your grip loosening a bit, as you scanned the room for any dogs which were about to enter your comfort zone. And you felt him taking your hand in his right in the next moment. 

‘Oppa, what are you- Taekwoon oppa-’ Leo held onto your hand with your palm open, and a small piece of dog feed on it, and placed it outwards, just like what he himself did moments ago. And you saw the same dog which he just fed coming charging towards you. ‘Oppa-’

You braced yourself for the worst as you snapped your eyes shut and shimmered closer to Leo. But all you felt was soft fur on your palm, and in the next second, it was gone.

‘See, you did it.’ You slowly opened your eyes one before the other, and saw him smiling back at you. ‘Wasn’t that bad, right?’

I did it. Oh my freaking- I just fed a dog. Wait till Hakyeon oppa and Minhyuk oppa find out! I really did it!

 

 

‘The ten bucks is mine.’ Ravi said as the four of them camped outside the dogcafe, peering through the window to watch your progress now and then.

With a sigh, Hyuk turned away from the window and pulled onto Ken's arm. ‘Let’s go, Jaehwan hyung.’

'Go? Oh. Okay.' He quickly waved to the other two males before joining the youngest who was already a distance away. 'See you back at the dorm hyung!'

Ravi eyed N who was still staring at you through the window, and not responding to either Hyuk or Ken, and replied for him instead. 'Bye Jaehwan hyung!' 

 

 

 

Leo watched you as you raised the dog feed higher, making the dog come nearer to you. Is she really okay with it? Does she know what she’s doing? But his worries were gone when he saw you giggling as the poodle climbed onto your lap to reach it.

‘Okayokay, there you have it.’ You were actually enjoying yourself, and were no longer as scared as before, except when the few times when you would get startled when any of the dogs barks. Maybe I should have brought her here earlier. See how much she's actually laughing. Minhyuk freaked out for nothing too.

You patted the dog softly as it rested on your lap, not even noticing Leo leaning in until you felt him peck your cheek. Which caused a blush on your face again immediately. ‘Oppa, what was that for?’

But he just grinned back at you, without giving you a satisfying answer. ‘The dogs here are too cute.’

Eesh. ‘Not like you.’ You added as you stuck out your tongue at him.

 

 

Not long later, N ,too, decided to turn away from the cafe. ‘Let’s go back now, Wonshik ah.’

'Yes hyung.'

He actually did it. Taekwoon actually did it. When Minhyuk and I just left it like that all these years. 

N could not get the image of you smiling brightly with Leo out of his head no matter how hard he tried. 

My ten bucks too...

 


 

[A/N] BACKKK. AND OMG GUYS. LR FINALLY HAD THEIR FIRST WIN ON THE SHOW. WHEETWHEET THROWS CONFETTI GIVES FREE HUGS. MY FEELS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

As usual, hope that this chapter was fine! (If I'm not wrong, and that my planning of time is properly followed, I should be able to update the next chapter real soon since it's almost done too! (was aiming for a double update but I don't think I'll be able to make it by today so yeah))

Thank you so much for subscribes and comments! :D

And yay to one week of school holiday which is technically more of a study break. Gonna hit the library everyday from now yes I shall do it.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! <3

[What's Ravi's favourite season? (Gif cr. to owner :)]

Thank You!

<3