Chapter 18

This Is Then Counted
 
 
She's taking quite long. Leo kept turning to look at the door to see if you were done 'putting your things into your locker.' 
 
'Did she get stuck in her locker? It wouldn't be surprising though since she's so-' Leo did not even wait for Ken to finish speaking before he stood up and went to find you. 
 
Just when he reached, he heard a loud crash, and turned to see you struggling with your books. 
 
You nearly yelped when your books slammed onto the ground from your locker above your head. You were merely trying to make some space for your other books, until they slipped out of your locker and decided to commit suicide. 
 
You eyes the books on the ground, Let's just leave it there for now, and went back to stuffing your books into the newly found space. You tiptoed and reached up, barely placing them neatly in place when a hand appeared from behind you and placed them in properly. 
 
You immediately turned around, but found yourself millimeters away from his chest and stumbled backwards on instinct. And found his hand behind your head to stop you from banging into the lockers behind you. 
 
'T-Taekwoon oppa.'
 
'You could have asked me to help you.' You watched blankly as Leo bent down to pick up the books which dropped and place it back into the locker before closing it up. He stuck his palm out at you while you looked at it blankly. 'Key.' Oh. Ohhhhh. You quickly passed it to him. 
 
'I can reach it.' You mumbled as you headed back to class with him. Yeah right. Leo eyed you incredulously while you added. 'If I try to, I can reach it.' 
 
'Next time you need anything, tell me. I'll be keeping the key.' What? 
 
'But oppa, I-' Leo glared at you and you immediately kept your mouth shut.
 
'We don't need you to be the one getting hit by the books the next time.' You pouted as you sat back into your seat. I have great reflexes okay! Don't underestimate me. 
 
 
 
 
 
'Uh... Welcome?' You said softly as you gestured for Leo to enter your house. Yah, Cha Minyeon! It's not a time to be awkward, he'll be coming over for the next three weeks! It's not like you weren't alone with Hongbin oppa here before! And on the day you first met him to add! 
 
Well, I guess my relationship with Taekwoon oppa isn't exactly normal as compared to Hongbin oppa's. Thanks to that stupid dog. 
 
'Minyeon?'
 
'Ah- Yeah- Sorry, oppa do you want some water or juice or anything?' Was she zoning out that long 'cos of drinks? ... I don't think so though... 'Or coffee? Or...' Leo followed you as you headed to the fridge.  
 
She's living alone yet she has this much? There's only drinks, drinks and more drinks. Does she not eat? There's loads of coffee and banana milk in your fridge.' Banana milk is understandable since she probably got it from Hakyeon, but coffee too? And the variety. 
 
'Coffee is nice. Banana milk. Is Hakyeon oppa's influence.' 
 
'Drinking too much coffee isn't good for you.' You eyed Leo as he grabbed a can of latte while he said that sentence. 
 
'Says you.'
 
'For a girl, it isn't good.'
 
'That's unreasonable. Who says girls can't-' Leo turned around without waiting for you to finish speaking and went back to the living room. 'Eesh.'
 
 
 
'I can't do thisss.' You whined as you covered your face with your hands. Meanwhile, Leo was trying superbly hard to control his expressions as he watched you, seated by the piano. There must be something terribly wrong with me. Stop feeling weird. She's just. Hakyeon's sister. 
 
'Song?' You looked at Leo from between her fingers and scrutinized Leo. What did I do again? Expectedly, you continued staring. 'What?' 
 
'Unfair.'
 
It took him quite some time before he realized what you were referring to. Being around you was kind of starting to train his critical thinking skills. 'But you'll have to do the same amount even if you pair with Jaehwan.' He noticed that sudden change in expression of your eyes, and then you pouted. 
 
'Fine. What song?'
 
I don't know what's her type of songs though. 'What kind do you like?'
 
'I don't sing much.' And she's expecting me to believe it. / He probably knows that I'm lying and then he's gonna glare at me again. See, see, he's doing the glaring thing again. 
 
'Pass me your phone.' You surrendered your phone to Leo and he scrolled through your music library. There's still none of our songs. But there's BTOB. ... Tons of ballads and OSTs and IU. He suddenly remembered the day you sang at the orphanage, and how you did not feel comfortable by the attention you were getting from them, the members. 'I don't think you would sing now if I ask you to right.' You nodded slightly. 'If I turn around?' You blinked and looked at Leo. Then there was silence. A long, silence. 
 
'Maybe.' 
 
'I'll take that as a yes.' You pouted slightly. 'You're fine with IU's songs right? Just sing one will do. Don't mind me.' With that, Leo turned to back-face you while IU's Good Day belted out of your phone. 
 
Stupid. What do I do about the three notes. Did he not think of that? 
 

Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?
Pretending like I don’t know
Like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can’t say anything?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Control, Jung Taekwoon. She's just singing it 'cos you asked her to, it's not like she chose the song. 

Was my recent hairstyle change bad?
Did I wear the wrong clothes?
Still pretending like I don’t know
Like I don’t remember
Should I act as if nothing happened?
Should I just say that we should go out?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Leo was thankful that he was back facing you, or else he would have not been able to control his expressions, at all. 

Don’t say those kind of sad things
While looking at me like this
Is it that I’m childish or a bit slow?
I can’t believe it

Even though I’m crying, I smile
I block your way and I just smile widely
Why am I being like this, do I not have any shame?
I fold my pride up neatly and throw it up to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I might never be able to say again
I like you, oppa, aigoo, one, two
I’m in my dream

She's crazy. 

(It’s too beautiful, beautiful day)
(Make it a good day)
(Just don’t make me cry)

Such a good day. 

If she's actually singing it to me. Snap out of it Jung Taekwoon!
 
'You're really good.' 
 
'No I'm not.' Another one of his glares. 
 
'Do you want to try another song?' You looked blankly back at Leo. 
 
'But you said one!' Why is she so against this. Is she that uncomfortable? 'Okay fine.'
 
Before you knew it, you were facing his back again, and another song played from your phone. Friday.  From IU too. But isn't there a male part in that song? 
 
And Leo sang with you for that one. 
 
 
 
'Oppa, I'll go to the washroom first then go to the dorm with you.' You said as you headed to the toilet. 'Um, feel free to look around!' And he did.
 
Leo found himself in your room the next moment, staring at the pictures on your table, countless of them taken with N and Minhyuk, and even BTOB. She met them too? ... Wait. She met them before she even met us? What was Hakyeon even thinking? 
 
Just then, a picture of you quite some time ago caught his attention. He picked it up and looked closer. You were in between N and Minhyuk, while your hair was tied in two pigtails, and Leo was awed by how cute you look. Both of them bent down to your height, while you posed with two peace signs, your eyes nearly not visible while you smiled. I've seen her somewhere before. 
 
'So oppa is staying here?' A young girl was holding onto an older male's hand as he led her to the dorm. 'Does he know that I'm coming? You didn't tell him right?'
 
'Yeah. Hakyeon will be really happy to see you here. Don't worry. I didn't want to spoil the surprise.' The boy was Minhyuk. And Leo saw you briefly when you walked past as he left the dorm. 
 
What did I even go out that day for? 
 
 
 
 
Hyuk immediately switched off his phone as soon he sent the message. He wasn't expecting much, but he did not want you to reject him either. 
 
A few minutes later, his phone vibrated twice, signaling a message received. 
 
He immediately grabbed him phone and covered the screen, removing his hand at an extremely slow pace, to show only the sender. Minyeonie :) 
 
     O- O? 
 
What can start with 'O'? 
 
     Okay oppa! 
 
. Am I hallucinating. I'm not right? 
 
 
 
You eyed the long message Hyuk sent you. What is he doing? Writing an essay? 
 
     Minyeonie! 
I saw that there's a clearance sale for a stationery shop, there's tapes and papers and all sorts of things. Are you interested? 
 
Why does he sound like he's advertising something?
 
And Jaehwan hyung's birthday is coming up soon, would you want to get his birthday present with me? Is it okay for you to free up one day? Will Taekwoon hyung be fine with it? Will I be disturbing your assignment progression? 
 
What's with the influx of questions?
 
Would you mind if you go out with me tomorrow? 
 
He could have just summarized every thing in one sentence. Like. Are you free to go out to get Jaehwan hyung's birthday present with me tomorrow? ... But then again, why not?
 
 
 
From: Minyeonie
     Taekwoon oppa! Are we working on the assignment tomorrow too? Can I go out with Hyuk oppa? Pleaseeeee :D 
 
Hyuk? Minhyuk or Sanghyuk? ... But then again, why would she go out with Sanghyuk? Must be Minhyuk, since Sanghyuk has Hitmaker tomorrow. Stupid Minhyuk. ... It's not like I have any reason to object. 
 
Okay, we'll continue the day after tomorrow. 
 
Leo stared at his phone screen for a while before hesitantly adding the next part. 
 
Have fun. 
 
It did not take long for him to receive a reply at all.  
 
     Okay! Thank you oppa! 
 
 
 

 
Leo came out of the room to find N ordering people about again. Wait. Isn't he- Doesn't he have his schedules today?  
 
N saw Leo staring at him blankly while standing rooted to the ground and figured out what he was thinking about. 'Hitmaker got postponed.' Leo looked around. Then where's Sanghyuk? 'Hyukie went out with Yeonie.' What? Just the both of them? So it wasn't Minhyuk?!
 
 
 
'Sanghyuk oppa, I'm going to spend forever in here though.' You stood outside the craft shop with the huge clearance sign by its entrance. 
 
'It's fine, really.' I wouldn't mind as long as I'm with you. 
 
'You sure? Then we can go somewhere you want to go later!'
 
 
Hyuk did not remove his eyes from you as you focused on every single thing in front of you. From tapes to craft paper, you looked at every single thing. 'Should I buy this? It's so pretty! But I wouldn't use it much...' You would repeat that over and over, but Hyuk was happier than ever to see your eyes sparkle and you enjoying yourself in the shop. 
 
Note to self, get craft material for her birthday. But her birthday is still months away. Should I just get it and give it to her randomly? Will she find out though? 
 
 
 
Do I call her to ask her where she is? Do I text her? Am I suppose to do that? But they're out together! Only the two of them! A boy and a girl! Why are they even going out in the first place? 
 
'Hyung, are you planning to go stalking again?' Ravi was getting annoyed by Leo who was fiddling with his phone non stop. 
 
'Stalking?' N looked over. 'What stalking?' He turned to Leo. 'Have you guys been causing trouble?'
 
'Nonono hyung, shopping. I said shopping. You heard wrongly.' 
 
With that, N went back to monitoring their stages, while Ravi edged closer to Leo. 
 
'Did you ask her where she is?' No response. 'Well fine with me then. Hyung can stay here waiting the entire day trying to figure out what they're doing and where they're doing it and why they are even out and-' Leo turned to glare at Ravi. 'I'm going to sleep since we have a day off.' 
 
 
 
It was Hyuk's turn to choose a place to go and you found yourselves in a clothes shop. You followed Hyuk around as he picked out shirts and asked you if you think it would look nice on him, and there were loads of shirts. 
 
After quite a while, Hyuk noticed that you have been staring at a dress for a very long time. 'Do you want to try it?' You turned to see him next to you. 
 
You blinked. Looked at the dress and then at him again. 'Since I have some shirts to try on anyways.'
 
'Can I?' Hyuk nodded and you quickly grabbed the two dresses off the rack. 
 
 
 
'Oppa this is kind of big right?' You adjusted the dress a little as you stepped out of the fitting room and looked at Hyuk. 'Sanghyuk oppa?' 
 
'Hmm? It looks good on you. But it's a little big. Is this the smallest size?' Don't stare Han Sanghyuk. Don't! 
 
'Yeah. It's XS already.' 
 
'How about the other one?' 
 
'Okay, wait a minute.'
 
 
 
'I think this isn't that big?' The dress was of a similar design, other than the darker shade of blue, but this time it fitted you perfectly, and your figure was outlined by it. 
 
'T-this is also the same size?' You nodded.
 
'Is this better?'
 
'This is nicer. Since it fits perfectly.' 
 
'Really? But I liked the previous one too.' You turned to face the mirror again. 
 
'You're getting one only?'
 
'Yeah. It's expensive. So this is nicer?' Hyuk nodded. 'Okay!'
 
 
 
Why should I care if they went out? I won't get down to the extent to camp outside her house. 
 
'Taekwoon hyung, you haven't left the couch since forever. Are you waiting for delivery or something?' Leo looked at Hongbin. Even him? But Leo simply ignored. 
 
Who says that I'm waiting? I'm just. Sitting here. 
 
 
 
You saw Hyuk grinning as he eyed you from top to bottom. Then, you realized. 'How are you still this much shorter than me when I'm already a step lower than you?' 
 
'Everyone is taller than me. You don't have to be proud of that.'
 
'But really you're-' Hyuk measured your current height,  and it was still only to his mouth. Just then, the escalator jerked and you immediately pulled onto his hand as he stumbled backwards. Which caused him to fall forward with his other hand wrapped around you instead. 
 
Hyuk froze while your giggles rang right next to his ear. 'Well at least shorter people have lower centre of gravity.' He still remained in the same position, hugging onto you, without any response. 'Sanghyuk oppa we're reaching the end of the escalator. You're going to trip again if you stay like this.'
 
Even after getting off the escalator, Hyuk was still quiet while you turned to look at him and laughed. 'Oppa you don't have to be embarrassed about what happened, I won't tell anyone about it.' 
 
Embarrassed? I-I'm just- shocked. The moment when he was pulled towards you and when his arm wrapped around your body kept repeating in his mind. S-She's really tiny. 
 
'Y-Yeah.' 
 
 
 
Hyuk turned to you while you stared at the menu. 'Chocolate?' You nodded. 
 
'- And one chocolate cone.'
 
'Thanks oppa!' 
 
 
Hyuk was wondering if he should ask you, but decided to anyways. 'I thought you don't like dresses?'
 
'I'm still a girl okay.' You muttered as the both of you headed to the bus stop. 'I just don't like majority of dresses and skirts.' 
 
'Oh. When are you going to wear it?' 
 
'When I go out with Jin. Since she hates it when I don't wear something nice and I hate what she picks out for me.' 
 
'How often do you buy dresses?'
 
'I don't really know. I think I only have one which Minhyuk oppa gave me and a few from Hakyeon oppa. This is the first one which I bought.'
 
'You like simple dresses?'
 
You thought for a moment. 'Yeah, kind of.' You turned to Hyuk. 'Why are you asking such questions though?'
 
'Hmm? Nothing. Just curious.' Note to self, get that other dress too. 
 
 
 
 
 
After what seemed like forever, the door opened and Leo finally saw who he wanted to, yet at the same time did not want to, see. And the male at the door had a wide grin plastered across his face. 
 
'You're back. You didn't do anything funny to Yeonie did you?'
 
'Nope Hakyeon hyung.' And with that, Hyuk retreated happily to the room after greeting every one else.
 
 
 
 
 
Hyuk's phone was left charging by the wall, and Leo has been glaring holes into it. After making sure that no one else was around, he finally decided to move. 
 
 
 
Leo stared at the Hyuk's wallpaper. It was a selfie taken by Hyuk, with the both of you smiling brightly in the clothes you tried out. And Leo noticed that you were not in your usual hoody, but a dress. A nicely fitting dress. That. Bastard. 
 
 

 

[A/N] Hi guys! I'm back after nearly an entire month. OMG IT'S THEIR 3RD ANNIVERSARY TODAY I CANT EVEN. CONGRATULATIONS <3

(This is going to be a long, long Author's Note XD)

Sooooo, there might be loads of grammar mistakes, and also me missing out some parts whichh I had to italics, in this chapter as I might have missed them while looking through it briefly 'cos I was determined to post this before I leave for Taiwan on a school trip tomorrow and will only be back on the 31st. So I deeply apologize for the mistakes made, I'll check through it again when I'm back. 

This chapter kind of had a lot going on, the first locker part was simply random but I decided to chunk it in. Hehe. And then the assignment part was kind of rushed so there wasn't much either, I'll try to improve them on the upcoming chapters! And then there's Hyuk xD Was it good? I hope it was up to expectations ^^

I still stuck to my original way of writing for this chapter instead of switching to character's POV for some parts 'cos I'm still working on it but don't worry, it'll come soon! I'm constantly checking the poll results and I'm really thankful for the participation! It will just keep running until like forever hahahahaha. 

For the second fanfic poll, VIXX and GOT7 are like apart by these few votes xD I have actually been working on those 4 for quite some time with little plots here and there and quite amazed that the GOT7 one got the most votes (cos it's the one with the least progress so far cos I only came up with it recently but shhhh nobody heard that) but I'll continue working on it too! 

And here comes a little of me complaining. Actually I'm not quite sure if it's considered as a complain. VIXX IS COMING TO SINGAPORE ON THE 29TH AND MY MOM DIDNT LET ME BUY THE TICKETS TO GO AND IM SAD AND IT'S PROLLY GONNA BE BIG SINCE THEIR ANNI IS TODAY AND THE CONCERT IS IN 5 DAYS TIME IM SAD. I'm prolly gonna be really angsty on Friday so I sincerely apologize to my roomie beforehand. Oops. And I already made my friend promise to go to their concert the next time so YEAH I SHALL SURVIVE THIS. 

This chapter was actually longer than usual, maybe 'cos of the song lyrics oops I'm such a cheat xD, but hope you guys enjoyed it anyways and thank you so much for the comments and subscribers!

Do continue supporting me with subscribes and moremoremore comments! 

Thank you! <3

[Edited!]