Chapter 32

This Is Then Counted

[A/N] Double Update! Go back one chapter ;) 

 

While waiting for you to reach, Leo thought back to what happened the previous time, and immediately could not help but to feel guilty again. How is it possible that I did not recognize him? And to believe that I nearly got angry at her again.

-----

That night, he saw you grinning at him as soon as you turned around to find him walking out of your lift lobby, but the only thing in his mind was the identity of the man whom you were hugging seconds ago, and the bouquet of daisies in your hands. Who on earth is he? Why did he- She- And flowers? She can’t possibly-

'Oppa! Taekwoon oppa!' You waved him over as you exclaimed softly, however, you could tell that he looked extremely unhappy as he stared at the flowers you were holding onto. Did something happen? Why does he- 

'Who was that?' His tone sent a chill down your spine, without a change in his expression as he got closer. He sounded extremely pissed, not tearing his eyes away from the flowers.

'Oppa, it was Hakyeon oppa.' H-Hakyeon?

‘What’s with the hug and the flowers?' He still was not convinced, though there was a slightly better change to his tone. He did not sound like he wanted to kill you that much anymore.

'Taekwoon oppa, it was really Hakyeon oppa.' You said softly as you reached for his hand and tugged onto it lightly. 'I already told you yesterday that Hakyeon oppa was bringing me out today, didn't I?'

Leo froze for a moment as he felt you squeezing gently onto his hand. Y-Yeah. She did. How did you even forget? 'I forgot...' He texted you the previous day immediately when he found out that they were having the next day off again, wanting to bring you out. However, you were unable to make it as N had already asked you to keep the day free for a brother-sister date with him. And not to mention, Leo was obviously upset that his plans were ruined.

You smiled when you saw that he was not frowning anymore, and that he was back to his usual self. 'Did you really think that it was some other guy?'

'I just saw you hugging and smiling at him and the flowers and I only saw his back view and didn’t see him clearly. I'm sorry...'

'It's okay Woonie oppa.'

'Why would he give you flowers? It's not your birthday today I thought?'

'It is.' You felt him stiffen up immediately again. It is? Did I remember the wrong date again?

'Isn't it 10th October? I'm certain it's 10th October?' You could hear a slight uncertainty in his voice as he asked again. 'It's 10th October right?'

You stuck out your tongue at him and giggled. 'You can find it out yourself.'

Am I even fit to be called her boyfriend when I'm not even sure of her birthday? But I am pretty sure it IS 10th October. 'When is it?' He wanted to take back his words once he asked you. Did you really have to ask her that? You idiot!

'Taekwoon oppa, are you coming up?' You grinned as you snug closer to him with your arm hooked around his. I can't... Leo looked at you smiling at him and felt guilty once again. Noticing the pause, your smile faltered slightly, which he caught on immediately. 'It's okay oppa. We can see each other some other day right?' Of course. We have to. 

Leo smiled back slightly at you, 'I'm sorry Min-ah.'

'It's fine oppa. I understand. You don't have to worry about me.' You grinned at him as you hugged his arm tightly for a few seconds before finally letting go.

'I'll text you, okay?' You nodded, while Leo felt the warmth from seconds ago disappear the moment you let go.

'Mmhmm. And oppa, it is 10th October. Hakyeon oppa will get me flowers sometimes. There's no special occasion.'

Leo remained silent as he let it sink into his head. I didn't even get her anything at all. The only thing was the cooking that day. When she spends time to travel all the way to the company. 'See you!' He was pulled back into reality when you tiptoed to kiss his cheek, and he felt his heartbeat racing immediately.

'See you too.' He ruffled your hair gently and your eyes became crescent moons as you smiled at him.

 

 

Leo made his way back to the dorm as he stuffed his hands into his pocket. It was a route which was all too familiar to him, he could even walk back blindfolded.

He would drop by for a few minutes once in awhile after practice, covering you properly with the blanket which you would often kick away, and sometimes just to watch you sleep. He was satisfied that he was able to at least do that, as he could still see you. But he felt bad, you could not see him much at all. The number of free days were reducing, not that there were much to begin with once their practices started. But once their comebacks begin, their concerts would follow, and who knows when he would be able to spend time with you. Especially if he had to go overseas.

 

Hakyeon, and America. I can't seem to get myself to ask her about it. She's doing fine here right now isn't she? Why would she still have to go over? Hakyeon... We're all so busy with the preparations, can I really tell him now too?

-----

 

I should really start controlling my temper. But how? Leo looked at the glass window of the café as he checked his reflection for the umpteenth time, making sure that his newly dyed hair was presentable, and well hidden under his cap to avoid gaining any unwanted attention.

Just then, Leo noticed you across the road and smiled. You were wearing a blouse and a skirt, something which you decided that was not too short in case it gets you into trouble again. She should keep her hair down more often. And maybe not wear that when we’re out where everyone can see.

But he immediately felt that something was wrong when he saw you staring at something intensely, which was blocked by the passing vehicles. She better think before doing anything- And what followed were honks and a car skidding to a stop, while you were nowhere to be seen. . .

 

 

 

He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw that you were not that greatly injured as you sat up on the ground, with a little crying boy in your arms.

‘Shh… Everything’s fine. Did you get injured? Hmmm?’ You asked the little boy softly, gently patting his head while you spotted a lady, who was carrying a toddler in her arms, frantically barging through the forming crowd and assumed her to be the mother.

‘Jiwonie! My baby are you okay?’ She worriedly scanned the little boy from head to toe for any injuries, and pulled him into her. ‘You’re alright right? Did you get hurt anywhere?’

‘I’m okay… Noona got injured instead of me when she saved me…’ The little boy sniffed as he pointed to you, and you immediately found her grabbing onto your hand.

‘I’m so sorry, I looked away for a second and he just ran off. Thank you so much young lady for saving him. Are you rea- Oh no, there’s blood. Do you need to go to the hos-‘

‘No, it’s okay. I’m fine.’ You smiled at the boy’s mother calmly, and looked at your scratched elbow and leg. Oh damn, this is more blood than expected. ‘It’s just abrasion, I can go to a nearby clinic, I’m fine, really.’

‘Abrasion my foot.’ You turned to find Leo next to you as he stared at your wound, and then looked back at you. ‘Does it hurt a lot?’ She’s probably going to say no. And why did she wear such short- It’s because of me isn’t it?

‘Oppa?’ You could see him staring at you worriedly as his hand patted your head gently. ‘It doesn’t hurt much. Nice hair by the way.’ How on earth is she still smiling in such a situation? He looked at you as you pulled his hood over the cap which he was already wearing, conscious of the amount of onlookers increasing. And she still notices other things?

‘Please do bring her to the hospital for a check. Here’s my number, I’ll pay for the fees. I really don't know how to thank you for saving my son.’ The mother passed you a slip of paper, which you quickly pushed back with your uninjured hand.

‘Nono, you don’t have to. I’m really fine-‘ But before you could retaliate much, you could hear the ambulance arriving. Oh damn. I’m really fine. Who said that I need an ambulance. You turned to look at Leo for help, which you should have known since the start that would not have been possible.

‘You’re going to the hospital.’ Eesh. You pouted as you hit his arm lightly, while he looked back at your wounds worriedly.

 

 

You saw Leo glaring at the paramedics, who happened to be guys, as they transferred you onto the stretcher. You finally decided to keep quiet as your ‘I’m perfectly fine.’ was getting completely ignored by every single soul present and you were beginning to sound like a broken radio.

‘Am I supposed to scold you or to compliment you?’ You laughed awkwardly at what Leo said as he held tightly onto your hand, while he tried to ignore the paramedic which was checking on your wounds.  

‘Both?’

‘It’s the same arm.’ You looked at your elbow and realized what he was referring to.

‘Oppa. It’s not-’

‘Why does it seem as though I’m always the one who causes this? The dog, the ankle, and now this?’ He said softly as he did not remove his eyes from your arm.

‘Taekwoon oppa, all of them isn’t your fault at all! I just wasn’t careful.’ That did not help as he was still gloomy, and it was your turn to frown. ‘Taekwoon oppa!’

‘Your girlfriend is already suffering from the wounds, I don’t think you should make her even more sad.’ The paramedic, or Leo would prefer to refer to as the irritating paramedic, interrupted.

‘Mmhmm. Woonie oppa’s girlfriend is already suffering from the wounds, you shouldn’t be like this when it isn’t your fault. Hmm?’ You pulled onto his arm as you pouted and gave him the best puppy eyes which you could muster.

‘Why does it sound as though you’re calling me that only when you want something?’

‘No? I can call you that normally too if you want.’

 

 

You were having a hard time, trying to persuade him that it was not his fault that you kept getting injured, and you were running out of reasons to tackle him with. Your main argument was that you were simply too careless for your own good, but he was harping on how his presence lead to everything, and that he was the one who called you out for a date that day too.

It was not until your voice broke and that tears were threatening to fall that he finally gave in and promised you that he would stop saying that it was his fault. And right when that was solved, he was starting to get annoyed by the male doctors who were checking on you and lingering around too long for his liking.

'Shouldn't they be more professional with their work? I'm pretty sure it's not a fracture and even if it is, they would have known straight away right? Why would they need to keep you here for further observations.' Leo stared at your bandaged knee and elbow as his arm wrapped around your waist while he sat next to you on the bed, his way of an attempt to show any more doctors who would be coming in that you were taken.

You were also certain that you did not break anything as the car stopped just in time before it could hit you, and it was only bleeding due to the abrasion with the rough road when you dropped to the ground to block the kid from the car.

‘Woonie oppaaa.’You had his face between your hands, making him turn to look at you. 'Stop being so frowny.'

‘See. You’re only calling me that when you want something.’ You pouted as you stared at him.

‘Not true! You’re just being unreasonable.’

'Unreasonable?'

'Meanie.'

'Are you starting the insults again?'

'Soon.' You frowned as you retracted your hands and looked away.

Your eyes widened as you felt Leo leaned in to you, and stopped a few inches away. You instinctively looked at his lips, which was nearly touching yours, then to his eyes which was looking back at you, and immediately darted your eyes away, to end up looking at his nose. ‘O-Oppa what are y-‘

One moment his lips was on yours, and in the next, it was gone, and you found him smiling at you again. ‘Just confirming if your relapse is really gone.’

‘You can't just change the topic like that.’ You mumbled while trying your best to not grin, and failing at the same time with his face still inches away from yours.

'I'll try not to be unreasonable the next time.' He pulled you closer as tips of your noses touched, and your cheeks were turning pink again.

'Annoying.'

‘Do you even know how worried I was when I received the call Yeon, and when the nurse said that your boyfriend was wi-‘

You instantly froze, not turning to the door while Leo quickly pulled away. 'Hakyeon-a-'

'Out. GET OUT.’

 


 

[A/N] *Sighs* Finally. HE FOUND OUT OMG. 

So as I was saying, this was a relatively shorter chapter though I hope that you wouldn't mind since I double updated it xD Such bribery xD Oops. 

Just a heads up, my end of year exams are starting in less than a month (totally not the end of the year yet but my school's reasoning is weird so yeah) and ending only on 7 Oct so I might take even more longer to update this I'm sorry >< I'll try to update it when possible though! (seeing how I'm actually updating this right now when there's a history test tmr which I have yet to start revising on xD)

Thank you so much for the comments and subscribes so far! 

Hope that these two chapters wasn't a disappointment and that it was okay! (And hopefully enough to keep you guys around until my next update XD)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Thank you so very much!

<3