Chapter 21

This Is Then Counted
You remained in N's arms as you played with his fingers silently. You were thankful to be able to stay like this with him, as you could no longer remember when was the last time.
 
Actually, it was the pills which made you like this. Without the pills, you would end up harming yourself without allowing anyone to get close to you, but the pills will make you calm down, and unfortunately at the same time wipe out all thoughts you had, leaving you giddily snuggled with N after a brief moment of knowing what happened. But pills was better than no pills. 
 
N watched you as his other hand continued to pat your back gently. On the bright side, you were finally calmed down. When was the last time this happened? N could not even remember. But it was kind of a good thing that your relapses were not happening that often as compare to last time.
 
However, no matter how long ago the relapses were, or even how long ago was the previous equally major relapse, he was certain that this time, it was different.
 
Minhyuk and himself could usually get close to you when your relapses happen, and they were the only ones who could do so, however, it is not the case when it is triggered by the stabbing incident. When that happens, no one, could get close to you. While throughout the entire time, any one else other than the two mentioned will spike your condition once you even hear them. 
 
Which means that, in both cases, Leo was not suppose to be able to get near you, without your condition worsening, at all. 
 
And N knew better. 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, Leo stayed rooted to the couch, trying to digest what Minhyuk just told him. Especially the last part. 
 
She was never that comfortable when any one of us touched her as compared to when she's with Jinhye. Even when she said she was fine with it, she still flinches now and then. ... But I don't remember her flinching when she was with me? 
 
Leo looked up at Minhyuk, unsure of what he was suppose to do now. 'Do, I stay?'
 
'I think she's fine with Hakyeon already. You should go back first I guess.' He saw the lingering look on Leo's face. 'I need to check with him if you can say bye to her though.' Minhyuk muttered as he took out his phone. 
 
He could feel Leo looking at him weirdly while he sent the message to N. 'She'll start again if she sees me. I remind her of the stabbing.' Leo flinched again when he heard the word. He could not believe that you actually stabbed yourself. And went through all that. 
 
'I doubt you'll be able to say bye though.' Minhyuk looked at his phone again, not getting the reply he was waiting for. 'It's usually one or the other.'
 
Leo looked back at him blankly. 'As in, if she's able to stay calm with Hakyeon, it probably means she'll start again when she sees you, like how it was just now.'
 
'Does he know though?' What? 'That you like her?' I don't think so. 'Oh yeah. That was a dumb question. But, he'll probably talk to you later since you're by far the only one who can go near her without her breaking.'
 
'Do any of them know?' Leo kept quiet. 'Wonshik?' No response. 'Hongbin?' No response. 'Jaehwan?' He shook his head. 'Sanghyuk.' Shakes head. 'I don't know what to say, but. Hakyeon's not going to like it one bit.' I don't need you to tell me that. Minhyuk felt his phone vibrate twice in his hands. 
 
'Hakyeon said that you can try, but only from the door.' That's good enough for me. He headed slowly to your room door which was slightly opened without being asked twice.
 
'Rest well Min-ah, I'll be going first.' He said softly. There was a long pause before Leo decided to move away from your door. But when he took a last glance at you, he heard it. It was a whisper, but he heard it.
 
'See you, Taekwoon oppa.'
 
Leo could feel Minhyuk staring at him strangely again as he shook his head. 'Hakyeon is so going to find you.' That was when Leo too realized that, according to their past experiences, you were not suppose to be fine when he said something to you. And it was not merely that.
 
 
 
 
 
N might be dense about Hyuk and Leo's feelings for his sister, but this time, he knew something was off. How is it that Taekwoon is able to calm her down and stay with her both times? He was thankful, but also disturbed.
 
He looked at you who was soon sleeping in his arms. And I still have to confront Taekwoon for sleeping with her. Though it actually isn't his fault. But I can't talk to him anytime soon when Yeonie is currently in such a state. 
 
 
 
For an entire week, you stayed in your house, under N's orders, while both N and Minhyuk took turns to watch over you. By the second day, you could already accept Minhyuk, so he was able to help N with you too. 
 
And it was also time for you to get back to school. Not only did this got both of them freaked out, you were also afraid. The problem was not exactly meeting your classmates, since you cared less about their presence anyways and they had never approached you. But, Ken was in your class, and you did not know how well your condition was. And it was not exactly measurable. 
 
'You sure you'll be okay to go to school?' You nodded slightly at N who was sitting by your bed. 'Just, stick to Taekwoon okay?' This reminds me, I really have to find time to talk to him. 
 
'Okay.'
 
'Will you be fine with Jaehwan?' You have yet to seen him since your relapse which was caused by him. You thought about it again. 
 
'It's just Jaehwan oppa. I'll be fine.' You told N softly, but was actually just persuading yourself. 
 
'Okay. If anything just call me okay?' N said as he tucked you into bed, himself lying next to you. 
 
'Okay oppa.' You snuggled into N's chest while he wrapped his arms around you. Tonight's probably going to be the last time for a while. You inhaled his scent deeply, and surrendered yourself to sleep. 
 
 
 
N heard from Minhyuk that he had already told Leo everything, but still felt that the others did not have to know anything about your phobia. Just that they will not, and must not, be in contact with you in any way possible. Except for maybe, Leo. 
 
He made you get on the van first, while he briefed the boys outside about what they are supposed to and not supposed to do. Which mainly was not doing anything that will shock you in any way, and not to touch you at all.
 
They saw you briefly when N brought you into the van, and it was the first time in a week. And to think about it, they have never been that long apart from you before. You were beginning to be a part of their lives, and it was weird not having you around. Most importantly, it pained them to see you, who has soon became like their own sister, in such a vulnerable state. 
 
N climbed into the back seat after you, while Leo took the passenger seat next to the driver. He made sure that you were in minimal contact wth the rest since the start, while Ravi plopped in next to him, taking the other corner of the backseat. It was a major change in their usual seating arrangement, but they had to make do with it. And you felt guilty for screwing up their living routine and making them worry about you. 
 
 
 
You did not even exchange any greetings with any of them, and N shipped you off to your class with Leo and Ken following a distance behind. It actually got quite some attention from your classmates when N personally walked you to your seat, with you closely next to him, but the glares that he gave immediately shut off any queries they had.
 
 
 
You sighed as you thought about your relapses again. I'll probably be unable to date at this rate with me having these stupid relapses like some dysfunctional person whenever some one leans in even if he isn't going to kiss me. I'm going to die a lonely dea-
 
'Min-ah?' Leo said cautiously as he looked at you staring into space. You broke off your train of thoughts and turned slowly to look at Leo. 'It's time for lunch.' You blinked as you registered what he said into your mind, and nodded slightly. 
 
You stood up as you draped your bag over your shoulder loosely while you looked at the door. Looks like I still can't do this without oppa.
 
Leo saw you standing still, and called you again. 'Min,'  You looked down to see him reaching his hand out at you. 'Hmm?' You slowly reached to hold his hand and waited for a moment. Nothing came. I'm alright. You looked up again to see him smiling at you. But you just shifted your attention to the floor again as Leo lead you out of the classroom to find the rest. You stared at his hand holding tightly onto yours again. Why am I alright? 
 
 
 
N's lunch break on Mondays were not the same as yours. So you were left with everyone else but him. 
 
Leo watched as Hyuk sat down on the other side of you. He was about to stop the maknae from getting any closer until Hyuk himself stopped a distance away from you. 
 
Lunch was silent as the boys just watched you, while Leo made sure to notice if anyone tried to do anything to you. You felt really bad. They could not even have their lunch properly, being anxious and worried about you. 
 
'Minyeonie,' Hyuk finally broke the silence. But it would have been preferred if the conversation was directed to one of the other members but not you. 'Are you okay?'
 
You kept quiet. 'Han Sanghyuk.' Ravi said sternly. You never heard him speak in such a tone before. And that, if possible, made you even more guilty than you already were. 
 
Looking at you again, Hyuk said softly. 'I'm sorry.'
 
You placed your utensils down and took out your phone while the rest of them looked at you. After keying some stuff into your phone, you place it down and went back to your lunch.
 
Just then, Hyuk felt his phone vibrate. 
 
     I'm fine, Sanghyuk oppa. Thank you. I should be the one saying sorry. 
 
Hyuk smiled, while Leo was getting disturbed. Really, since when were they this close? I thought they wanted to kill each other? But when he looked at you again, he shrugged the thought off. We'll get to that later. 
 
 
 
 
 
'Is Taekwoon hyung going to get scolded for holding her hand?' Hyuk asked as they saw Leo following N into the room, which N made sure that the door was closed behind them. 
 
'Scolded, maybe. But I think there's other things going on.' Hongbin added.
 
'What other things?' They turned to Ken. 
 
'Hyung, you do know that you not getting scolded yet doesn't mean that Hakyeon hyung won't find you right?'
 
'Do you think I'm that dumb? I know that he's been treating me like trash recently okay. I don't need you to tell me that.' Ken muttered back at Ravi. 
 
 
 
N eyed Leo. 
 
'Does Yeonie like you?' Leo froze. Huh what? N saw Leo's shocked expression and sighed. 'Yeah, it kind of doesn't make sense if she actually likes you and that it caused her to be fine with you.' Wait, so he thinks that she's okay with me 'cos she likes me? 'How would you know if she likes you anyway?' Yeah, how? 
 
'But the thing is that. I don't get why none of us can get close to her when you can. Especially without her killing you. It doesn't make sense. She doesn't act strangely around you right?' 
 
'No?'
 
'Exactly. Then why on earth and how on earth did you do it?' How would I know? 'I don't think you yourself even know what's happening.' Yeah. 
 
'Forget it. But Taekwoon ah, just treat her like usual okay? She likes it when people treat her normally, that's why she insists on saying that she doesn't have a phobia.' N added softly. 'Which is stupid.' Leo looked at him weirdly. 'So now you're the only one other than us who knows, so please take good care of her when she's with you, especially in class. Since Jaehwan,' He sighed. 'I need to talk to him later.'
 
Leo nodded. He recalled how his glares close to never took effect on you, while you would sometimes just ignore him while giggling. And that day, where you were lifeless next to him. Will she get back to normal though? And how long will it take? 
 
'Oh and Taekwoon, the next time you actually sleep with her, I'm going to chop your limbs off. I'll just let you off this time since it was inevitable.' He looked blankly at N. Sleep with, her? Oh. Ohhh... Leo nodded. 'Thank you. For taking care of her.' 
 
 
 
Leo came out of the room to see four pair of eyes on him. They were wondering whether or not to ask him what happened, but were at the same time afraid of him. 'Hakyeon wants to see Jaehwan.' With that, Leo went back to his phone and plugged in his earphones. 
 
Ken looked at the door. . 
 

 

[A/N] This will be the end of this relapse incident, and I will be heading back to the story in the next chapter (I guess) xD
 
I'm still trying to figure out how to insert Character's POV without making the flow awkward, so pardon my slowpokeness. 
 
Thank you for all the support you guys are showing :D And I hope that you're enjoying the story so far and thank you for bearing with me :)
 
Do keep the subscribes and comments coming in! 
 
And to get over my guilt for posting another VIXX fic before the GOT7 one, good news is that I've just updated both stories with a chapter each! (Shameless self promotion going on xD) 
 
Sooo, the VIXX link is in the prev chapter's A/N, and here's the GOT7 (JB, Jr.) one -> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/964503/peach-arrangedmarriage-jaebum-jinyoung-you-got7
 
Thank you guys so much <3