Chapter 29

This Is Then Counted

‘Hyung, do I loudspeaker it?’

‘Don’t. She’ll know the difference.’ Hongbin and Ravi both eyed Leo in disappointment. This hyung is obsessed.

 

Why is Binie oppa calling me all of a sudden? … Nothing happened, right? Maybe he’s just checking on me. Yepp. Just that.

‘Minyeonie?’ You tried to deny it, but it was obvious that he did not sound normal, at least to you.

‘Yeah?’

‘D-Did Taekwoon hyung call you?’ Taekwoon oppa?

‘N-No? Why? Did something happen?’ Hongbin quickly wiped off the smile from his face as he got into the character again. It’s working!

Leo sent a smash into Ravi’s ribs as he saw the latter trying to get closer to eavesdrop. Hey, I’m actually helping you and you’re doing this to me? I don’t like this hyung anymore! 

‘T-Taekwoon hyung, We can’t get in touch with him. He said he’s going out b-but it’s been hours and his phone is switched off and he didn’t seem okay recently…’

‘W-Wha- D-Did he say where he went? Are you sure? Shouldn’t you be practicing today though? Why did he- Where is he?’ You rambled on nervously. This is totally not good for my relapse thing.

‘I’m not s-sure. We’re heading to Han River to find him. H-He might have gone there.’

‘O-Okay. I’ll be right there. Let me know if you hear from him okay?’

‘O-Of course.’

Hongbin burst out laughing as soon as he hung up as he exclaimed, ‘Yes! She totally fell for it.’

‘Now let’s get going.’

‘But what if she calls Hakyeon hyung?’ Ravi turned to Leo.

‘That’s why Jaehwan hyung is staying to take care of Hakyeon hyung and Sanghyukie.’

‘But hyung. Han River? That place is huge.’ Ravi asked again. Why does he ask so many questions?

‘It’s close to here. And doesn’t it help that it’s huge?’

‘Oh. Okay.’ There was a short silence before he spoke again. ‘Hyung, we need to be quick though, Hakyeon hyung is quick in catching on to things.’

‘Stop making me more worried than necessary.’ Leo mumbled.

‘Jaehwan hyung should be able to do it. And Hakyeon hyung didn’t seem suspicious when we said that Taekwoon hyung is bringing us out to get food?’

‘Maybe ‘cos he himself is hungry but his food will never arrive.’ Leo turned to Ravi and glared at him again. ‘Or well maybe he trusts Taekwoon hyung to take care of us?’ That was not any better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Minyeonie?’ Hongbin waved you over, and saw you panting as you got closer.

‘Did you find him? Did you find Taekwoon oppa?’ Seeing you frantically looking around, he could not help but to start feeling guilty.

‘W-we can’t find him. Calm down Minyeon-ah. I’m sure he’s fine.’

‘B-But where is he? W-why did he even-‘ Eesh stupid Taekwoon hyung. See. She’s going to cry already! And he’s dragging me into this.

‘Do you want to search there? I’ll go the other side. I’ll call you if-‘ Before Hongbin even finished speaking, you ran off. No matter how bad Wonshik’s acting is, I don’t think she’ll even realize already.

 

 

You were turning everywhere, making sure not to miss a single spot. Where did that grown up dude go? It’s not like he’s a kid anymore! Why is he running off without telling anyone? And when he’s supposed to be practicing at the studio!

After a few minutes, you finally found someone, but it was not Leo, and you felt even more distressed. ‘Where’s Taekwoon oppa!’ You shouted at Ravi. Oh damn. I knew that this was a bad idea hyung.

‘U-Uh Minyeon-ah. Calm down fir-‘

‘How can you ask me to calm down when- Why did he even come out! Where is he!’ You started hitting Ravi as you tried to keep your tears from falling. Taekwoon hyung, I don’t think I can get her to find you. She’s probably not going to listen to me at all.

 

‘Has she arrived?’

‘Yeah. But she looks like she’s going to cry. Hyung, I think we should cut it short. She’s probably going to break by the time she finds Wonshik.’

Oh crap. It's not going to be that bad, right?

 

 

‘Minyeon-ah. Uh, listen. Taekwoon hyung, he- erm. He-‘ Ravi reached out to pat your shoulder gently, but you simply flung his hand off.

‘What were you even doing! Why can’t you guys find h-‘

‘Min-ah.’ You immediately turned, and found Leo behind you, while Ravi quickly retreated.

Seeing him perfectly fine in front of you, you burst into tears. ‘Oppa…’ And you started hitting him. ‘Jung Taekwoon you bad person.’

‘Shhh… I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.’

‘Jung Taekwoon you bastard.’ You wailed as he pulled you into his chest. ‘You annoying sickening disgusting stupid jerk.’ Even Ravi and Hongbin could hear you from a distance away, and they looked awkwardly at each other. It was a first, to see someone saying those kinds of words to Leo.

Leo was startled that you were crying because of him. He was expecting, maybe only a little, that you would cry, but not this badly. And the cursing too. But he felt more guilt than anger. With that tad bit of anger being at himself for doing this to you.

‘Min-ah… I’m really sorry. Don’t cry. It’s okay… Nothing happened, it was all made up. Calm down okay?’

You dug your face into his chest as you continued crying, but you stopped hitting and shouting at him, while he patted your back gently. I bet I’m going to get cursed out even if Minhyuk finds out. And then I’ll get slaughtered by Hakyeon if he ever finds out.

It took quite awhile until you finally said something as you wiped off your tears with the sleeve of your hoody.

‘Why are you doing this when nothing happened? Why did you make me- I thought something bad happened to you. Y-You can’t do this to me when I like you, Taekwoon oppa.’ You mumbled, and then realized a second too late at your sudden confession, and tried to cover it up. ‘You bad bad bad person. Go awaayyy.’

You started hitting him again, this time lightly, but your hand froze as he grabbed onto it, while you were made to look up at him, with his free hand below your chin.

You instantaneously froze as you felt his lips on yours, gently kissing you, and your heart rate escalated, with the fluttery feeling in your stomach. I must be dreaming. This isn’t- You felt Leo pull you closer by your waist, and finally kissed him back lightly. I-

Leo smiled slightly as he pulled away, watching you lowering your head slightly as you blushed.

‘Minyeon-ah, I like you too, so you can’t do that to me again either okay?’ He said softly, and his voice just made your heart beat increase by ten folds, if even possible.

‘Y-Yeah.’ You stuttered, still shocked at what just happened, while he tried not to show that he was still extremely nervous. I did it. I actually did it.

‘Can you breathe?’ He smiled as he pinched onto your blushing cheeks, which made it even worst. But she don’t seem like she hates it either. Both the confession and the kiss.

‘S-Stop it oppa.’

‘I’m just asking in case your rela-’ Claps and cheering interrupted him, making the both of you turn to look at the two males immediately. And you swore you heard Leo groan.

‘Woohoo!’ Hongbin shouted.

Taekwoon hyung you finally did it!’ More claps, and Leo felt you grabbing onto his shirt as he saw your face turning red again.

‘Yah you kids-‘

Before Leo could lash out on the both of them, Ravi quickly shouted, ‘Hyung it’s Code Yellow!’

You felt Leo stiffen up as Hongbin turned to Ravi. I don’t think the ‘Code Yellow’ that they’re referring to is a good thing. ‘There’s a Code Yellow?’

‘Nope, Jaehwan hyung messaged me saying that Hakyeon hyung is asking why we’re taking so long. I just decided to name it Code Yellow.’ And you felt Leo relax immediately. , what do I do about Hakyeon oppa? He’s not going to be happy. At all. He wouldn’t go to the extent of quarantining me right? Or would he?

‘Then what’s Code Red?’

‘Mm, Hakyeon hyung finding out about everything?’ Ravi mumbled randomly as an answer to Hongbin’s question.

‘How is that Code Red when it’s already the worst?’

‘True that. Then, erm maybe Code Red would be, Hakyeon hyung… I can’t think of anything.’

‘Let’s go back.’ You were judging Ravi, until you found your hand tightly held in Leo’s as he pulled you along. How long has it been? Since he last held my hand like that? It’s finally back. The warmth. And you found yourself grinning like a kid, which Leo saw as he smiled too. ‘Did Jaehwan say anything else?’

‘Hyung said that you brought us somewhere else for fresh air since we were getting feisty after being too cooped up in the studio.’ Ravi read out the message as they followed closely behind the both of you. ‘And then Hakyeon hyung said, ‘Oh, okay. Since it’s Taekwoon, they shouldn’t be doing anything funny.’ Oops. Ravi frowned. ‘Why are we the only ones who seem to be causing trouble and Taekwoon hyung’s always the good guy?’

‘When he actually started all these.’ Hongbin added.

‘I’m sorry.’ You mumbled as you lowered your head, but felt Leo nudging you.

‘It’s not your fault. I planned it.’

‘Then you’re mean.’

‘But Minyeonie, that was priceless man. Annoying, sickening, disgu-‘ Ravi immediately snapped his mouth shut as Leo turned to glare at him.

‘But Jaehwan oppa knows too?’ You asked as you looked at Leo, igrnoring Ravi. 

‘Yeah. Hyung is brilliant at keeping secrets.’ That Kim Wonshik should really learn to keep quiet.

‘But aren’t you the one who went around telling us?’ Hongbin turned to Ravi.

‘I only told you! Wait, how did Jaehwan hyung find out anyway?’

‘Probably ‘cos you were too loud about it with your threatening.’

You turned to Leo. ‘Wonshik oppa threatened you?’

‘N-No?’ You giggled at his reaction, and Leo could feel his cheeks starting to hurt from all the grinning, not that he mind.

‘That’s not suppose to be funny.’

 

‘Hyung, but what’s the plan now though? We can’t go back without you.’ Both Hongbin and Ravi turned around to face the both of you who were sitting behind them on the bus.

‘Then you guys come along until I bring her back home.’

‘Can’t I g-‘

‘No.’ He said sternly. Damn. You glared at the two in front of you who laughed at Leo’s response.

‘But Minyeonie, now you can help me with Jinhye right?’ You eyed Hongbin weirdly, until you remembered. OH. OHHH… You nodded slightly, while something popped up in Leo’s mind. Since he spoke too much just now…

‘She can help you with Miyoung too.’ It was soft, but impactful, as you and Hongbin immediately turned to Leo, and then at Ravi.

‘Miyoung?’

‘That kid went over to Miyoung’s place that night.’

‘H-Hyung! That isn’t- Eesh. Annoying! Minyeonie, just ignore your stupid boyfriend.’ You blushed again at the last word.

‘Yah! Kim Wonshik!’ Did he really just call me stupid? And she blushed. Is it because of the ‘boyfriend’? She didn’t blush this much last time. Cute.

‘Okayokay. Let’s not start a war here. That will make it even harder to explain to Hakyeon hyung later.’ Hongbin decided to in as the peacemaker as he patted Leo’s lap lightly before forcefully turning Ravi to face back to the front.

 

The both of them agreed to wait downstairs, as Leo brought you up all the way to your house.

Just when you keyed in the passcode, your phone rang. Wonshik oppa?

You looked at Leo weirdly before picking it up. ‘Minyeon-ah! Can you put it on loudspeaker?’

‘Um, okay?’ You took your phone down and turned to Leo as you did what Ravi told you to. ‘Wonshik oppa said to put it on loudspeaker.’

‘You know, that day, on the van back, from the orphanage Taekwoon hyung ki-‘ Beep. Beep. Beep. You looked at Leo who frantically grabbed onto your phone and hung up immediately.

 

‘What did Taekwoon hyung do that day? On the van back? Weren’t we all just sleeping though?’

‘It’s a secret. Though I think we better get going now or I’ll get killed.’

‘Ki- what? Yah! Tell me!’

‘Just go ask him yourself, who knows, he might even tell you.’

‘Kicked? Killed? Kissed?!?’

‘I didn’t say anything.’

‘What did Taekwoon oppa do in the van?’ That Kim Wonshik. What is he trying to do?! That innocent look you gave him was making it even harder for him.  

‘Nothing, he was sleeping throughout the entire trip. What would he know anyway?’ You found yourself getting pushed into your house. That idiot, he knows that I can’t lie and he- I shouldn’t even have let him found out in the first place!

‘But Wonshik oppa said that-‘

‘Nothing. It’s nothing. It’s really late already.’ Leo saw you glaring at him and realized belatedly that he just gave you a response which you hated the most. ‘I mean. It’s just. You don’t have to know.’

‘Tell me? Pleaseee?’

‘No.’

You hugged onto his arm. ‘Woonie oppa? Hmm?’ You pouted and saw his eyes widened as his ears turned red. ‘Tell meee. Why can’t you tell me oppa?’ You started jabbing his arm lightly as you grinned at his reaction. ‘Oppa oppa oppa. Woonie oppaaaaa.’

Did she just call me ‘Woonie oppa’? Twice? His mind immediately blanked out the moment you called him that and pouted. Why is she so desperate to find out anyway? I am so going to kill that Kim Wonshik.

‘It’s late. Do you want me to get killed by Hakyeon?’

‘Why not? Since you’re not telling me.’

‘I’ll tell you.’ Your face immediately brightened. ‘Just not today.’

‘Oppa!’

‘Yesyes. Quick. Go sleep. It’s late. I’ll call you. And what I said about not going over to the company still applies okay? And don’t cry anymore. I'll text you. Take care.’ He did not wait for your reply before he left a slight peck on your forehead, and the next moment, he was gone.

 

‘Hyung, so what are you going to do about Hakyeon hyung?’ Hongbin asked as they headed back to the company.

‘I’m still thinking.’

‘What? Taekwoon hyung you didn’t come up with anything and you did what you did just now?’ Ravi exclaimed.

‘I did think about it, it’s just that nothing came up at all.’ And there was silence. But not for long.

‘So I can assume that hyung have yet to come up with a plan for the America thing too?’

Leo froze. What America thing? … . I forgot about it. … Maybe, just maybe, it’s not on anymore? Did she say that she will confirm be going though?

‘I think that’s a safe assumption Kong.’ Ravi muttered, quickly walking faster, not wanting to get hit by Leo.

How did I even forget about it? Should I ask her? Or maybe I can ask Hakyeon about it? Or Minhyuk? … Is she really still going? Nobody said anything about it? 

 


 

[A/N] Woohoo updated! OHOHOHOHO. HOW WAS IT GUYS. Like finally. Hahahahahaha. Okay I should really calm down.

 

It’s honestly kind of hard to update this weekly, especially all three fics and the tests have yet to even start. But I shall continue working hard! It’s like distressing to write so woohoo! I’m kind of annoyed at myself that I can’t update this frequently though. Hahahaha. I really think that I'm weird. 

Sooo, as usual, Thank you readers so much for your unwavering support! /hugs

Do subscribe and comment comment comment! 

Thank you!

<3