Chapter 27

This Is Then Counted

''Cos somebody wanted to see you sooner and more. Can't he come here at least?' You could not stop yourself from smiling when Leo whispered into your ear. Dang him. 

You heard him chuckled as he returned his attention to the front. You felt your heart beating faster again, and that was when that stuffy feeling returned. You tried breathing, but a sharp pain struck you when you breathed in and out. What’s with this? 

After you left that day saying that you hate Leo, there was that stuffy feeling when you headed to the bus stop. And it would come back whenever your heart rate seemingly increased, due to whatever reasons there might be. 

Is it my relapse? But- Isn’t it gone? And why Taekwoon oppa will- Isn’t it not supposed to happen?

You tried to put a straight face as you ignored the pain in your chest. Should I call Minhyuk oppa? … But he said that he’s busy these few days? … Hakyeon oppa? He’s free today right? But how do I- without Taekwoon oppa finding out? 
 
‘Minyeon, can you switch places with Taekwoon? So that you can help both him and Jaehwan with school work today.’ You looked at the teacher and nodded while you grabbed your stuff and stood up.

‘Yes teacher.’ Leo looked up at you blankly without budging as you eyed him.

‘Hyung. The teacher say switch.’ Seeing, this, Ken nudged Leo to make him move, and he did so, not forgetting to shoot a glare at Ken. At this rate, Hakyeon hyung is going to find out soon. And I don’t think I can get used to it. 
 

 

Throughout the lessons, you could often feel Leo looking at you, and the stuffy feeling will be back. Is it really because of Taekwoon oppa? 

And after a few times, Leo finally noticed. ‘Min-ah.’ You felt a poke on your elbow and you turned to Leo.

‘Are you feeling unwell?’ Your eyes immediately widened as you looked at him. 

‘N-No? I’m feeling normal Taekwoon oppa.’ Did I sound convincing? I don’t think I did though?

‘You sure?’ You nodded and started staring at your notebook as the sharp pain returned. Okay. I really need to get Hakyeon oppa to bring me to see the doctor. 

 


‘Min-ah? Minyeon-ah?’ You turned your head sharply to Leo as you snapped out of your daze. 

‘Huh?’

‘It’s lunch.’ Ken said as Leo packed up your stationeries and notes. 

‘Oh. It’s okay oppa I can-‘ You saw what he was doing and quickly grabbed onto his hand to stop him, and as soon as you came in contact with him, it came back. . ‘do it myself…’ 

‘Then let’s go.’ Leo pulled onto your arm, and you followed him out of the classroom with Ken closely behind the both of you. 
Is it only Taekwoon oppa? Or also the others, just that they have yet to come in contact with me for me to find out? But why aren’t they doing what they always do to me? Wonshik oppa or Hongbin oppa isn’t doing the arm over my shoulder thinganymore? 

You smiled when you saw the rest of them join the three of you towards the canteen. How am I going to know? It’s not like I can randomly go up to them to grab their hands? It’s going to be so weird. And Taekwoon oppa will see?
 


You were spending ages trying to think of a plan, even after settling down at the tables with lunch in front of you. Sanghyuk oppa is sitting opposite me… Oh. That might just work. Contact will do right?

As you watched Hyuk eat, you suddenly reached out and grabbed onto his wrist, which gathered everyone’s attention, especially the guy called Jung Taekwoon who was sitting on your right. 

You pulled his wrist towards you, trying to drag time and waited as you stared at his hand, with everyone staring at you.
‘Why? Is there something wrong Minyeonie?’ It’s not coming?

‘Oh. I’m sorry oppa. I thought I saw something.’ You finally let go of his wrist after a while. ‘It’s nothing. Must have been just me.’ 

Hyuk simply eyed you before digging into his food, while Leo was not exactly pleased. Why is she touching him randomly like that? And she was staring at him before she did it?

‘Yeah. Must have been just you since you’re weird like that.’

‘Jaehwan oppa quiet./Ken oppa shut up./Jaehwan shut it.’ You, Jinhye, and N said at the same time, and silence followed. 

You noticed Leo’s left elbow constantly brushing against your right arm as he ate, while you stared at your food. Another thing about that weird feeling, was that you would lose your appetite.

‘Min-ah.’ You turned to him and saw him pointing to your food which only had a few spoons eaten. 

‘Ah, okay.’ And you forgot to pay attention to your tone this time, and Leo noticed that you sounded restless.
There’s something wrong with her. And she’s not telling me. But, why?

 

 
Seeing that you were headed towards N, Leo decided to stop following you for a while as he waited a distance away. 

‘Hakyeon oppa, can you bring me to see the doctor later after school?’ You asked softly as you looked at him. With that, he immediately looked concerned.

‘What happened? Where? How? Are you okay?’ N placed his hand on your forehead, Nope, it’s not warm. And held you by your arms, Nope, not cold or shaking either. But she do look kind of unwell, pale. 

‘There’s this stuffy feeling and it hurts when I breathe.’

‘When?’

‘Just. Randomly.’

‘Randomly?’

‘When my heart starts beating faster?’ That isn’t too much information right?

‘Starts beating faster? Is it your relapse? With who?’

‘U-Uh. There’s no with who, but. It’s just. Like that.’ Let’s hope that I can smoke through with that. 

‘Okay. I’ll bring you to the hospital after dropping the guys off at the dorm. Take care of yourself for now okay?’ N ruffled your hair slightly while you nodded. 

You headed back to join Leo and Ken, and found Leo looking at you worriedly. Now I’ll have to find a way to explain to him. Which isn’t possible at all. 

 

 

‘Are you not feeling well?’ You found Leo next to you immediately when N was gone.

‘Just a little. Hakyeon oppa will bring me to see the doctor later.’ You smiled at him slightly, hoping that he would stop there, though you knew well enough that he would not.

‘Didn’t I tell you to tell me immediately when you’re not feeling well?’ You heard his tone change as he grabbed onto your wrist.

‘It’s nothing big. I’m fine oppa.’ You hurriedly went to drag Ken along back to the classroom, shrugging Leo’s grip off. Leo stood in the spot where you left him. What’s with her? Mood swing? But what did I do?

 

Leo did not give up, and continued asking questions, but he decided to ask you about school work instead. And he realized that you would respond only if he stopped asking if you felt unwell. Is she really sick? She looks pale though.

 

 

You received a message once the members were let off at the dorm.

From: Taekwoon oppa

     Let me know when you’re done okay?

 

She’s not replying again. Ravi noticed that Leo did not look happy at all. He knew that Leo was looking forward to the day off, hoping to spend more time with you, even to the extent of asking to go to school to see you earlier. Who knew that you would ask N to bring you to see the doctor after school.

 

 

‘How’s your phobia recently? Is it happening frequently, or has it died down?’ You looked at the doctor, then back at N.

‘It happened twice not too long ago. A major one. And a minor one.’

‘Other than that?’

N turned to you. ‘It’s been months since the last one, other than the recent two.’

‘Okay. So, you say that you would get a stuffy feeling in your chest when your heart beat faster?’ You nodded. ‘And sometimes there would be a sharp pain when you breathe?’ You nodded again. ‘When did it start?’

Around the time after the amusement park day? ‘Two months?’

‘Two months and you only told me now?’ N looked at you in disbelief. You should be thankful that I’m even telling you anything oppa.

‘Do you know of anything which makes your heart rate increase, recently?’ When I’m with Taekwoon oppa or when I think of him? But I can’t possibly tell him that when Hakyeon oppa is here. You looked cautiously at N.

‘Why? Have the boys been pestering you lately? Did they-‘

‘No they didn’t.’ You answered immediately before he even finished his second question.

Taekwoon oppa will get killed if I say anything.

‘Was there any cases where the phobia is supposed to happen but didn’t?’ You looked at the doctor.

How do I answer? I can’t possibly tell on Sanghyuk oppa either right! You shook your head slightly.

‘I think that it’s possible that the stuffy feeling is in a way a less serious case of your relapses.’

‘Wait, are you saying that, now in addition to her past relapses, she’ll feel stuffy simply when her heart rate increase too?’ N asked.

‘It’s not that it’s an addition. The difference between the two is just that now, she doesn’t have the trembling and shaking, hence, she is able to pay more attention to the presence of the pain in her heart. So I can say that she shouldn’t be getting the serious relapses anymore. Just that the stuffy feeling will come when you, get too… agitated.' The doctor knew that what he just said didn’t really make sense if one actually thought hard about it, but N simply nodded. He was taking note of how you kept looking cautiously over to N who was attentively listening to him, and knew that there was something that you wanted to hide from N, thus putting effort into choosing the appropriate words to use.

‘Hakyeon-sshi, would you mind if I talk to her alone for a while?’ You looked at the doctor weirdly but N complied. What? Why? What is he going to tell me?

Once the door closed, he turned to you. ‘The relapses didn’t happen when it was supposed to right?’ . Is he some, psychic? You nodded slightly. ‘Do you have someone you like?’

I want a new doctor. This doctor is too smart. ‘Don’t worry. I won’t tell him. It’s okay to have someone who you have feelings for. Didn’t I say that you should tell me? Don’t we know each other long enough?’ What’s with all the ‘Didn’t I say’ things today. Dr. Kim was the doctor which you always went to for your checkups regarding your relapses from the start. And he knew that you would always drag Minhyuk along as you were afraid of N being too worried.

You nodded gingerly. ‘Did your relapse stop after he confessed to you?’

‘He didn’t confess to me.’ You said softly.

‘Okay. How do I phrase it. Can I say that it stopped because of him? It’s possible. If you feel secure with someone, and you know that he likes you too, your relapses might not be there, but not guaranteed.’

‘But then why would I get the stuffy feeling then?’

‘It’s just because your relapse isn’t fully gone, plus when you get nervous, it pressures your heart, so it’ll hurt. Technically it should gradually lessen as time goes by.’ But it didn’t in the past two months? ‘Just take note of it yourself okay? If it gets too bad, just don’t get too close to him. And maybe he isn’t the right guy afterall.’ You stoned at the last sentence. Who is he to say that! Does he even know Taekw- And that feeling came back. .

‘See. Don’t think about it.’ I hate this psychic doctor.

 

 

You were prepared to leave as N was called back in. ‘You don’t have to worry, it just hurts when your heart contracts too rapidly, due to your heart rate increasing for any reasons. It’s not serious to an extent which you’ll require a surgery or anything. It should subside soon.’ The doctor concluded, but you knew that he said it for N to hear. You kept thinking back to what he said, but you could never get far before it hurts again. This isn’t even logical!

 

 

‘Hakyeon oppa. Are you going to tell the other oppas?’ You asked as you looked at him. ‘Can you not tell them directly that it’s ‘cos of the heart rate thing?’

‘I already messaged the group to not do anything stupid that will scare you or anything.’

‘Scare me?’ That’s just plain weird.

‘Isn’t that the only thing that would increase your heart rate though?’ That’s kind of true.

‘Then oppa, you’ll have to message every single cat and dog to stay away from me too.’ You added. At least he didn’t find out about anything and no one will get into trouble.

 

The moment you got onto the van, you checked your phone and saw a message.

From: Taekwoon Oppa

     What did the doctor say?

 

And you were immediately reminded about that last sentence again. You were frustrated, that when you thought that your relapses were finally gone, something else came. And to make it worse, it was due to Leo in a way. You did not know how to respond when he asked if you were fine, and you were extremely annoyed at yourself.

     Did something happen? Is your relapse back?

See. I can’t possibly tell him anything!

No, it’s just th- You weren’t even done typing until the third message shot in.

     Don’t think of lying to me.

I really hate him sometimes. It’s not like I can tell him that it happens when my heart rate increases when I’m with him! It’s- embarrassing. You could feel the stuffy feeling creeping up again and you sighed.

My relapses aren’t back.

Technically that’s still the truth since it’s not like my previous relapses?

     Answer my first question.

Damn him.

Three minutes past before the next message came.

     Cha Minyeon.

I’m not telling.

 

Leo was staring bullets into his own phone. Did something get to her? Did she get scolded? Is she upset because of something?

You better- He was typing halfway until you sent in another message.

     I won’t tell Minhyuk oppa either so go find a new call centre.

She what-?

     Hakyeon oppa won’t tell you either.

Did something bad happen to her? What is it that she can’t tell me?

 

 

You successfully persuaded N to let you go back to your home, saying that you did not want to disturb their rest when they finally had a day off.

It took some time, with N saying that the guys wanted to see you, but you stuck to your stand firmly.

 

 

And when Leo saw that N came back alone, he began to get occupied with his phone again.

 

 

You ignored every single one of his message even when it ended with the last two.

     Cha Minyeon. If you continue this, I’m not going to stay put.

     I mean it.

Every time you went back to your messages, it came, and you went back to thinking about what the doctor said. Is it really true? The feeling didn’t come when I touched Sanghyuk oppa. … And he was the one who kissed me. … Or is it him? … But I can’t possibly not know who I like right?!

Thinking about it severely ruined your mood, and you finally decided to leave your house to get some air.

 

 

You were spending some time walking around the park under the night sky, finding it peaceful for once without thinking about anything.

And everything was fine until you felt someone grab onto your hand.

‘Why didn’t you reply?’ He did not sound happy at all. And you would not say that you did not expect it. I should just permanently stay at home. Why do I always see him when I come out? ‘Yah. Cha Minyeon.’

Damn. It’s starting again. You tried to not let it show, but Leo was quick enough to catch the change in your expression.

‘Min-ah.’ You looked away. ‘Are you-‘

 ‘I’m fine.’ You tried to push his hand off yours but it did not work.

Not when she just cut me off. ‘Tell me.’ And when she’s trying to do that. Leo looked straight at you, ignoring your attempt on pulling his hand off.

‘I’m really fine.’ Just let me off. Please.

‘Minyeon-ah. Don’t keep things fro-‘

‘I really am fine. I’ll go first.’ You flung the hand which Leo was holding onto, hard, but you felt a sharp and tight jerk in return as you were turned to face a greatly unhappy Leo.

‘You need to tell me what’s wrong so that I can help you!’ He raised his voice unknowingly, he did not understand why you were being like this to him at all, and he was getting extremely annoyed.

‘Me! I’m what’s wrong!’ You looked straight back at him as he glared at you.

‘Cha Minyeon. Stop it.’ You felt his grip getting tighter on your hand.

‘How can you help me when I’m like this because of you!’ You did not think at all as you shouted at him, and he immediately let go. He did not expect you to shout back at him. And what you said got to him. Because of me?

Seeing that he finally let go, you quickly ran away. Anywhere. As long as it’s away from him.

 

 

You felt your tears rolling down your cheeks as you came to a stop, out of breathe from the running. Why. Why must he appear. Why did I say that. I could have just. Kept quiet. What have I done? The tears did not stop flowing down.

‘Minyeonie?’ You froze. . ‘Is that you? It’s you right?’

You frantically wiped off your tears as you were turned to faced him.

‘Why? What happened? Why are like this in the middle of the street? Minyeonie?’ With that, you continued to sob, not responding at all.

‘It’s okay. You don’t have to tell me. Shhh… It’s okay. Don’t cry.’ Hyuk pulled you into his arms as he patted your head gently, your tears drenching his shirt. ‘It’s alright Minyeonie… Shhh…’

What happened to her? Why is she- In the middle of the night too? / Why did I even come out in the first place?

 

 

He ran after you, after wasting a couple of seconds thinking about what just happened. And he saw you came to a halt as you started crying.

But Leo found himself rooted to the ground as he saw Hyuk pull you into him. This shouldn’t be happening.

 


 

[A/N] I'M BACK. And you guys are probably going to kill me with this update xD Hope that it wasn't terrible though XD

School just started this week, so I might be taking even longer with the updates this time. I'm really sorry but please be patient with me! 

Thank you really really much for the comments and subscribes :D 

And in the mean time, if you do get bored waiting, do check out my other fics if you have yet to do so! xD

Ravi, Ken -> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/963022/but-i-like-you-you-vixx-ravi-ken-jaehwan-wonshik

JB, Jr. -> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/964503/peach-arrangedmarriage-jaebum-jinyoung-you-got7 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment comment comment! :D

Thank you!

<3