Chapter 3

This Is Then Counted

'Class, there will be a new student joining us today. Please be nice to her.' You bowed to the class upon the teacher's introduction. 'Miss Cha Minyeon,' Leo's head immediately snapped upwards upon hearing that name, 'you may sit over there beside Mr Jung Taekwoon.' The teacher pointed to an empty seat by the side of the room beside a few guys. 

You could not help but to feel fidgety when numerous pairs of eyes followed you as you made your way to your assigned seat. Of all people, a guy? Hakyeon oppa should probably let the teacher know that I can't- but then again, it wasn't made official. 

You sneaked a peek at the person next to you as the teacher started teaching. Jung Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon. Where have I heard that name before? You looked at him again and quickly turned back, poking your paper with your pen as you started thinking. 

Jung Taekwoon. The only name I saw was the one who used oppa's phone? But what was his name again? You shifted your eyes to your phone lying on your desk, then at the teacher. Okay, coast is clear. You unlocked your phone without moving it and quickly checked your past messages.

Leo saw your hands moving slightly from the corner of his eyes. Doesn't seem like the rebel type though. 

You squinted at the screen. Taekwoon, Jung Taekwoon. Wait... The teacher's words repeated in your mind. Mr Jung Taekwoon. You started writing stuff on your notepad, listing out the stuff which happened in the past days which might have involved others, and labeling respectively. 

But I've heard the name elsewhere? Test day? Phone... You turned and looked at the person next to you, not bothering about the fact that you were staring. I'm pretty sure that I've seen him before. 

On the other hand, Leo could feel you staring at him but resisted the urge to turn. Stop thinking about her. She doesn't even remember you. Don't turn. Don't.

 

 

That expression though. 'Stop staring.' Yes, that voice. It's the same voice which asked if I was okay. Twice. And the phone! So... Phone, Jung Taekwoon. Timetable, Jung Taekwoon. 

You did not remove your eyes from him despite what he said, as you did not hear what he actually said at all. Leo looked at you staring at him and a few seconds later, faced back to the front as he started to feel uncomfortable. It was a first, someone actually made him turn away instead of the other way round. 

Your mind wandered off to the day which you got bitten. How did Taekwoon know of my injury though. My brain cells are so gonna deplete after this. Someone shouted something when I left. 'Yah Jung Taekwoon!' Wait, that voice. Was it. Hakyeon oppa? Wait, they're all the same person? You stared at Taekwoon one last time before looking back to at your paper. 

Internet. Your hand reached out for your phone again as you quickly searched for VIXX. N, Leo, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin, Hyuk. There's no Taekwoon though. You searched further. Oh, so those are their stage names. Have you been under some well all this while Cha Minyeon? Cha Hakyeon, Jung Taekwoon, Lee Jaehwan... Jung Taekwoon! Oh my god. They are the same person. Crap. I bet he thinks I'm a total brat cos I didn't acknowledge him. What do I do nowww. You jabbed the paper repeatedly as you pouted and you felt Taekwoon turn to look at you.

'Hehe.' You smiled at him and quickly paid attention to the teacher. How do I thank him now?

Leo stared as he watched you, the umpteenth time from the first day he met you that he could not comprehend your behaviour. What?

 

 

As soon as the bell rang, everyone rushed out of the room. However, you were an exception as you slowly packed your stuff, contemplating on how to thank him for the other day. But your brainstorming time was abruptly shortened as you saw him standing up from his seat. 

'Hyung, you not goin-' Leo silenced Ken immediately with his hand over Ken's mouth, as he looked at your hand that was tugging slightly onto his uniform sleeve. 

You tried to look at him but ended up looking at the air beside his face. 'I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you...' You fiddled with your fingers behind your back as your eyes gradually went further away from him. 'Thank you for my phone, and,' Leo's eyes followed where your hand pointed to, at the scar on your right elbow. Yepp, right guy. 'The dog. Thank you, and I'm really sorry, I can't really remember people well...' You finally looked at him again and you felt your heart skip a beat to see him looking back at you. I should really start getting used to guys.

'It's o-' 

'Hey! Nice to meet you, I'm Jaehwan, you can call me Ken. We can be friends!' Oh he's another one from the same group. Yeah, you got his name. Finally. One name. 

Leo was shooting daggers at Ken and he could have chopped off his head straight away right on the spot. 

'Lunch?' Ken gestured for you to go before him towards the door and you smiled awkwardly as you kept your head lowered. Crap. This might just send me right into Hakyeon oppa. 

 

 

'YAH! Yeon-ahhh!' You froze on the spot once someone hugged you from the back as soon as you stepped out of the room. Holy . Breathe in, breathe out. Okay. 'Hey, don't you have to greet me?' Told you so.

You patted N's cheeks twice and turned away, only to be held back again. 'Dude, you have nowhere to go on your first day here. Guys, this is my sister, Cha Minyeon.' N got the attention of the members and pointed to you. 'Yeon, these are the guys.' He turned back to you. 

You looked at him and tugged at his shirt. 'Oppa, guys.' 

'Come on, they are harmless. I've been with them for age-'

'Your sister?!?' Ken exclaimed.

'Yeah? CHA MinYEON. What do you mean by 'Your sister?!?'' N mimicked Ken while neck chopping him. You looked around unsurely as you noticed people looking in your direction. Stop freaking broadcasting my name.

'They're all your oppa,' Hakyeon waved his hand at all of them as he blocked your escape by holding onto you by your shoulder, his grip tightening when you shifted. 

What? 'But hyung, isn't she in our class?' Ken gestured at himself and Leo. If she is younger than Hyuk, what is she doing in our class?

'She is? Oh. Yeah. She is.' N shrugged as he looked at you, waiting for an explanation.

'Erm, oppa, I have to meet the teacher at the office.' You said instead and hoped that it would work as an 'escape from too much guys' pass. 

'Which teacher? For?'

'Ms Lee. I don't know. She was in charge of my test.'

'Then let's go.' He was already pushing you towards the office as the others followed behind. Oh yay me. 

 

 

'How's your lessons so far? Able to cope?' You nodded. Let's hope she talks a lot and the people outside will give up waiting.

'It's quite different from my previous school, but I'm still able to understand.' 

'Have you met your oppa's friends yet?' Well, that escalated quickly. You nodded unsurely at the teacher, why is she asking me about this though?

'Hakyeon oppa is waiting for me outside right now, Ms Lee.'

'Oh really? That's great! Can you get him to come in? And get Sanghyuk and Wonshik in too.' The wide grin on the teacher's face made you question her motives. Not great at all. 

 

 

You stuck your head out of the office door and all eyes turned to you. 'Oppa, Ms Lee wants you and,' Crap. Who was it again. 'and and...' . 'Wait a minute...' You bowed your head down and went back to the teacher again.

'I'm really sorry Ms Lee, I can't remember names very well, Hakyeon oppa and?'

'It's okay, Minyeon. Sanghyuk and Wonshik.' Ms Lee smiled at you and you smiled back embarrassedly. Okay, Sanghyuk, Wonshik. Sanghyuk, Wonshik. 'Oh wait, get Taekwoon and Jaehwan in too.'

'Taekwoon and Jaehwan?' Wait. . I'm forgetting everything again. Who was the first two?

'Yeah. Oh, who's left? Get Hongbin to come in too then. Just get all of them to come in.' Well that's easier. 

'Oppa.' You said immediately as your head stuck out of the door again. All six pairs of eyes looked at you again and your heart skipped a beat, again. I should really stop being weird in front of them. 'Ms Lee wants all of you to go in.'

 

 

You were still wondering why the teacher made them come in while they all greeted her and stood around. 'Hakyeon-ah, your sister sure is something.' Wait, is she trying to talk about me when there's five other guys who I absolutely do not know here? Maybe, four.

'What do you mean by that Ms Lee?' Here we go, acting all nice and un-annoying eyh Cha Hakyeon-ssi.

'Well, do you know which class is she in now?' Everyone's attention was on the teacher as they continued with their conversation. They were all wondering what you were doing in Leo's class when you are supposedly younger than Hyuk. 

'Taekwoon and Jaehwan's? Oh, about that, isn't it too high of a level?' What? Oh wait. How old are they again. 

'You know that she took a test before today right?' N nodded. Isn't he not suppose to know? How did he know?!? My plan was flawless! 'The results were calculated and her standard well, I guess you know the rest.' N looked at her questioningly. 'Her class is allocated according to her results. We discussed it among the teachers and decided that it would be a waste if she is to be put in her age class, and since she has so many reliable people around her,' Ms Lee gestured at the guys, 'we figured that it would be okay for her to be in a higher class even though the is around, 3-4 years.'

'Wow.' Ken exclaimed while the others were just stunned. of 3-4 years? What? You stared back blankly at the teacher and then at N. Why wasn't I told about that?

'For Taekwoon and Jaehwan, there might be some talk if your classmates find out about her age, so do help her if she gets into an unfavorable situation.' Ken nodded while Leo just looked back at the teacher. 3-4 years? This person is really getting into my head. 

'Now, Sanghyuk and Wonshik,' Ms Lee looked at a post-it note on her hand, 'I know that you are busy with your work, but you do know that studies are important too right?' 

'Y-Yes Ms Lee.' Both of them answered while Ken tried to hold back his laughter.

'So since Minyeon is Hakyeon's sister, and she has much more time available as compared to you guys, she'll be able help the both of you with your studies. I trust that you'll be able to communicate well being of the same age, Sanghyuk and Minyeon. And Wonshik, help her out by listening and not sleeping that much.' Ms Lee smiled at you and the two guys. What?

'So, Minyeon will tutor the both of them?' N asked. 

'Yes, and at the same time while she tutors, she can also get used to our school's syllabus.' The teacher said a matter-of-factly while you were trying to comprehend the situation before you.

'When though?' Ravi asked.

'Anytime you guys are free, after school? At your dorm or anywhere since I believe that you wouldn't want to stay in school. And it's easy since she's Hakyeon's sister. And you guys will start as soon as possible. Oh and Hongbin, well, you can help out too if Minyeon needs help with Wonshik.'

'Ms Lee! Why do you make it sound as though I'm a kid who is hard to work with.' Ravi whined. 

'Maybe 'cos you sleep instead of listen during lessons?' Hongbin smirked at him.

'So all in all, Hakyeon, take good care of all these kids. And Minyeon, we'll check if those two improve after some time. If you need help in class, feel free to ask Jaehwan or Taekwoon, if there's anything else you can also find me.'

'Yes Ms Lee.' You and N replied at the same time. 

'You guys may go now, sorry for taking up too much of your lunch break.' All of you bowed at the teacher and left the office, while you tried to digest what just happened. So apparently I'm stuck with them? Tutor? How on earth do I do that?

 

 

'Yah stop zoning out!' You earned a hit on your head and turned to glare at N as you guys headed to the canteen.

'I wasn't!' N raised his eyebrow and gave you the 'Yeah right.' look. 'Oppa how did you even know where to find me though.'

'You smartypants. They texted me saying that everything's issued to you. I got your timetable through mail too!' Your mouth hung open slightly. Why didn't I think of that. Leo saw your expression and the corner of his lips tugged upwards slightly. 'They said that you came on Tuesday to take the test, why didn't I see you?' You scrunched up your face and stuck your tongue out at him. Maybe 'cos I had your timetable and was avoiding you on purpose?

'I don't know.' 

Tuesday? 'Wait, isn't she the one who we bumped into that day?' Now, the attention was on this relatively tall guy. I officially give up with names. And faces. 'Right, Taekwoon hyung?' 

Leo ignored Hyuk as he continued walking on. 

'You guys met?' N looked at you and then at Hyuk. 

Just then, Hongbin cut into the conversation as he started to find N annoying. 'I'm sorry I haven't introduce myself. I'm Lee Hongbin. It's nice to meet you.' You turned to the person beside you. Wow, he's good looking. 'You most probably know us already since Hakyeon hyung-'

'She doesn't. Trust me. She knows nothing 'bout you guys. She's into anything but the group which I'm-'

'People call me Ravi, but my real name's Wonshik, Kim Wonshik. It's nice to meet you too, my new tutor.' Ravi smiled widely at you as he slung his arm around your shoulder, not noticing that you flinched slightly upon the contact. 

'YAH GUYS CAN'T YOU-'

'Han Sanghyuk. The one who picked up your uniform and phone. I'm sorry for bumping into you. Taekwoon hyung took your phone though.' You looked at the relatively tall guy from before as he appeared right in front of you. You racked your brains for any form of familiarity, but as usual, nothing came. 

'I'm sorry, I do-'

'She can't remember faces or names easily if she only sees you for a few times. And guys, stop interrup-'

'It's okay! You can just call me Hyuk. We can be friends right?' Hyuk stuck out his hand and you shook it as you smiled back at him. You were getting really amused by how they were totally disregarding N.

'Let me introduce myself again, Ken, the cutie main vocal of VIXX, Lee Jaehwan. Glad to meet you Minyeonie!' Well, they seem really nice. 'You don't talk much right?' You nodded and was about to reply when you got interrupted.

'She don't talk much usually, and she's not used to guys. So don't freak her out too much, she came from an all girls school. Give her some time.'

'Ohh, I'm sorry.' Ravi quickly retracted his arm from your shoulder and apologized. 

'It's okay actually,' you waved your hands at Ravi, 'I think I'll get used to it soon. So you don't have to apologize Wonshik,' should I or should I not, 'oppa.' You smiled at him. 

Leo was the last one who hasn't introduce himself yet and just as he made his way to your side, N did the honours. 

'That's Leo, Jung Taekwoon.' You looked at Taekwoon and back at N. Why don't you let him introduce himself! 'He doesn't talk so you can just ignore him.'

'Yes he does. Oppa stop being mean!' You mumbles as you jabbed N's side with your right elbow, and your eye magnified at the pain. Crap. Forgot about the wound. 

Leo's attention immediately shifted to your elbow and N was saved from a very painful ordeal, or else Leo would have killed him for the horrible introduction made. 'Does it still hurt?' You looked at Leo as he suddenly appeared on your right.

'It's okay Taekwoon oppa, just slightly.' You smiled at him as you saw the worried look on his face. 

Leo paused when you called him oppa. 'S-sure?' You nodded at him. 'Does Hakyeon know?' Leo pointed at your elbow.

'Nope, I haven't seen him until today. It's okay, rea-'

'Looks like you're getting used to them already!' You turned to glare at him once more when you felt someone messing up your hair. 

'Don't touch my hair!' You reached up and smacked his head, hard, and it was his turn to glare at you. 

Leo silently watched the two of you bickering, but felt his heart beating real fast at the same time.

How is it that this girl is making me feel so weird? 

 


 

[A/N] Woohoo third chapter is up! Was it okay? Was it okay? Hehe xD Hope that it wasn't too bad. 

Thank you for the comments and subscribers!! Appreciate it very much :D