Chapter 6

This Is Then Counted

You followed behind Leo as he walked to the bus stop. ‘We’ll be taking the bus since the guys took the van.’ 

‘O-Okay oppa.’ You stuttered unknowingly which Leo noticed. He stopped in his steps and turned around to look at you.

‘Are you okay Minyeon-ah? Do you still feel unwell?’ 

‘I’m okay already oppa.’ Wait, unwell? ‘I mean, uh, I was just tired, uh I wasn’t unwell or anything.’

Leo held onto your hand to make you walk beside him. You stared at your hands. ‘I can’t see you when you’re walking behind me.’ You merely nodded at what he said. 

Hongbin said that she talked more when she’s alone. Leo tried persuading himself as he questioned his actions. I'm just trying to prove a point. Nothing else.

 

 

The both of you sat awkwardly next to each other on the bus in silence. I can’t possibly ask her about the painkillers immediately right? ‘Is that why you ran away all the times previously?’ Leo mentally slapped himself. How is this any better? What kind of conversation starter is that?

You looked at Leo as he looked to the front. What? Oh. ‘After the dog and in school?’ Leo nodded. ‘Yeah, it was ‘cos of the guys problem.’

‘I’m sorry to ask,’ Leo turned to look at you. Huh? ‘but why are you taking painkillers? We found it in your bag.’ You immediately froze as you looked away from Leo. Crap. ‘It’s not because of your elbow, is it?’

You shook your head. ‘I ,uhm, had some for the elbow too.’ You started fiddling with your bag. She’s bad at eye contact too. ‘But mostly because my stomach was hurting.’ You paused. ‘But it’s not the monthly kind of thing.’ Was that necessary? Oh forget it.

Monthly kind of thing? Leo blinked. Oh. Ohhh. ‘It hurt when you were doing your work just now right?’ You nodded. ‘You didn’t tell Hakyeon right?’ You nodded again. 

‘Did all the other oppa saw the meds though?’ You asked.

‘Jaehwan and Hyuk saw the bottle but don’t know what it is. Wonshikie saw the label.’ 

‘He did?’

‘And he wanted to tell Hakyeon. But I told him to let you tell him yourself.’ You kept quiet. ‘Wonshik won’t wait for long though. He’s worried for you. I’m also worried.’ Just then, the bus came to a stop. ‘We’re here.’ Leo held onto your hand again as he pulled you out of the bus.

 

 

‘There shouldn’t be much people watching since the practice is later than usual today. So you don’t have to worry about the amount of people.’ Leo said as he sat you down by the side of the field. 'It'll take quite awhile.' He let go of your hand and placed his cap on your head while you stared blankly back at him. You nodded and he patted your head before sprinting off to the field.

 

 

‘Hey, did you guys notice that girl? In hoody and pants. With the cap.’ Leo looked over to who Doojoon was pointing to and nearly tripped while doing his laps. 

‘Yeah hyung, you saw her too?’ Gikwang replied. ‘She looks kinda cute.’ What?

‘I think she’ll be prettier with her hair down.’ Upon Dongjoon’s comment, Leo suddenly got reminded of what Hongbin said earlier.

‘She’s totally my style.’ Your style? Leo’s neck was starting to hurt from all the turning. His head too. ‘Isn’t she looking over here?’ Baro grinned. 

‘You think she’s interested in me?’ Yoseob asked and all of them turned to look at him.

‘What? Hyung!’ Baro shouted.

‘Yah, don’t shout at me.’

‘Isn’t she from our class? The new one today.’ Gikwang said as he looked over to Leo. ‘Cha- Minyeon?’

‘Cha Minyeon? Then isn’t she N’s younger sister? I heard about her transferring here from him in class.’ Yoseob said.

‘Wait, I’m confused. How old is she?’ Dongjoon asked and Baro nodded beside him. This is hurting my head badly. I shouldn’t have brought her here.

‘STOP CHATTING OR I’LL ADD MORE LAPS.’ The coach shouted and the guys immediately kept quiet. 



 

You saw Leo looked over to you as he neared the corner of the field which you were closer to. You lifted your fist up and mouthed ‘Oppa hwaiting!’ and saw Leo smile back at you. He should smile more often. You smiled back too. Wait, what did I do that for. You looked at your fist and mentally hit yourself.

 

 

Leo immediately rushed to you after he changed, in case the others tried to get to you. ‘Oppa you’re done?’ He nodded as you stood up. 

‘Were you bored?’ Leo asked as the both of you walked to the bus stop.

‘Nope, and Taekwoon oppa was really cool on the field.’ You smiled at him. Leo looked back at you but did not respond. I can’t be hallucinating right? ‘But wouldn’t oppa be tired if you go for dance practice after your soccer training though?’

‘Oh, it’s okay I guess. I already missed part of the practice.’

 

There was silence again as you boarded the bus. ‘Have you listened to any of our songs though?’ What’s with your question Jung Taekwoon. Leo asked himself after asking you.

‘Nope.’ You laughed guiltily. ‘I’m sorry.’ It was the second time Leo saw you laughing after that day at the playground. ‘I’ll search for some when I reach home later.’ If I remember, that is.

‘You totally cut off yourself from Hakyeon’s activities don’t you?’

‘Yeah haha. I just find it weird. To be watching him. So I kind of filter out your group hehe.’ He’s gonna hate me. I bet he is. I’m so weird, I can’t even stand myself. You mentally screamed at yourself.

‘But you watch other groups?’ You nodded. Should I have said no? Oops. ‘Weren’t you curious though?’

‘I tried not to be curious, but now I am. A little.’ Leo finally smiled.

 

 

After losing to Leo’s reasoning to bring you up to your house, you were currently in the elevator of your apartment. 

Leo held out his hand at you and you looked at it questioningly. ‘Your phone.’ You looked at him as you pulled it out of your pocket. You saw him keying in some numbers and then pressing the call button before hanging up after his phone rang once. ‘That’s my number. In case a dog appears or if something happens.’ Leo gave up with coming up with better excuses. 

‘Okay.’ You quickly saved the number before looking at him again. ‘Taekwoon oppa you can go now. Don’t tire yourself out too much. And thank you for bringing me back.’ That sounded so weird. Whatever. You said as you opened your house door. 

‘Okay, see you tomorrow Minyeonie.’ Leo waved and you waited until you saw him disappear into the elevator. You did not even realize that his cap was still on your head. 

 


 

The next few days were spent at their dorm again, and it soon became a fixed timetable for you. With you doing your work with them until they had to leave for their practice, and then you’ll also return home. You have been talking more with the others but there were lesser conversations made with Leo. The only time when you could talk to him was in class, while the rest would be taken up by random bickering with the other members, and N’s nagging. But he would text you after his practice, to ask you about your day or to say a simple goodnight, and it was good enough for him. 

Tutoring was much harder than expected. The both of them tried to listen to you at first, but as they got accustomed to you, they started to talk about anything but work while you were left alone battling a losing war. For Ravi, as usual, he would just start dozing off. One day I’m going to have to take the painkillers for the headache their giving me.

Hyuk was not planning on listening to you today either.

‘So this is how it goes.’ You explained to Hyuk but did not get a response. ‘Hyuk oppa were you listening to me?’ You turned to him to find him staring at you. 

‘Go on.’ Hyuk gestured to his workbook, not removing his eyes from you. 

‘What ‘go on’? You’re not even listening!’ You exclaimed. I am so done with this. ‘HAKYEON OPPA! HYUK OPPA ISNT LIS-‘ You got cut off by Hyuk’s hand over your mouth as he pulled you into him. You started to hit him with your hands but he did not let go of you. 

Meanwhile, Leo was shooting daggers at Hyuk as he looked over at the both of you by the table. 

You gathered all your energy and elbowed him in the ribs, and Hyuk finally let go. ‘YAH!’ You shouted at him.

‘The last time I checked, you were the youngest here Yeon-ah. What’s the fuss all about.’ N finally appeared, a little too late. 

‘She hit me!’ Hyuk exclaimed as he pointed at you and you glared at him in disbelief.

‘Yeon-ah, you’re supposed to be helping him with his work. Not hitting him. Apologize.’ You looked at N. This is a freaking conspiracy. ‘Quick.’

FINE. ‘I’m sorry Hyuk oppa.’ You muttered.

‘It’s okay, I shall forgive you since you’re such a cute tutor.’ Hyuk patted your head until N disappeared. You turned and glared at him again, but he pulled you into a hug.

‘OPPA WHAG ON EARH ARE YOU DOING.’ Your voice got muffled in Hyuk’s shirt as you squirmed around nonstop. 

‘Appreciation time. For having a nice and thoughtful and cute tutor.’ Leo could not stand it any longer and finally went into his room. Why are they being so close together.

‘I resign. Oh my god. I resign.’ You said as you left the table, after getting out of Hyuk’s embrace, to find N walking towards you. Crap. You immediately went back to the table.

‘I see someone missed me already.’ Hyuk smirked as he prop his legs on the table.

‘Do your work oppa.’ 

‘You’re suppose to help me with it.’ Why do I suddenly miss Wonshik oppa so much. 

‘Then you should listen-.’

'Can I have your number?' What? You looked at him. 'So I can contact you if there's anything I'm unsure of.'

‘Yeah right, you’re not even paying attention right now, when would you have anything that you’re unsure of.’ You muttered sarcastically.

‘Yah, what’s with your tone. I’m older than you okay, you can’t treat an oppa like that.’

‘By 3 months only.’

‘But I’m still older than you!’ 

‘What are you guys fighting over when you’re supposed to be studying!’ N appeared again as he pulled onto your ears. Officially the worst day ever. ‘When it’s with Hyuk, it’s too noisy. When it’s with Ravi, it’s too quiet.’ Cos he was sleeping? You tried not to glare at N. ‘What were you doing?’ I’m gonna die from this. 

 

 

You barely survived through the last hour with Hyuk until they had to leave for the practice. ‘Oh, Yeon-ah, don’t stay up late tonight. We’re going out tomorrow.’ N said to you as they headed to their van.

‘We? Going out? Tomorrow?’ Since when did my language skills reduce to this. Oh no.

‘Yeah. All of us. I think it would be after breakfast? The whole day.’

‘Me with all of you?’

‘It’s not work or something. Just hanging out and stuff. Yeah.’ N patted your head and got onto the van.

‘How do I know when to wake up though!’

N wind down the window. ‘I’ll call you or something! Bye!’ You just waved back blankly as the van disappeared around a corner. 

 

 

‘Hyung, where are we going tomorrow?’ Ken asked.

‘Minhyuk has time off and he wants to hang out together.’ 

‘You’re bringing Minyeon along?’ Ravi leaned forward and held onto Leo’s headrest.

‘Yeah, he asked me to bring her along. They’re super close so it’s okay.’ Super close? Leo looked at N.

‘What do you mean by they’re super close?’ What N said also disturbed Hyuk.

‘They’re inseparable. They’ve known each other since ages ago.’ Inseparable?! 

‘So does she not listen to BTOB too?’ Hongbin asked. They still could not get over why you avoid watching VIXX’s videos. 

‘Oh she listens to BTOB all right, she’s weird. Too weird.’ N laughed. ‘Her logic is too hard to understand even for me. I've learnt to embrace it.’

 

 

 

When you were just about to fall asleep, your phone started to ring beside your pillow. 

‘What, oppa, what!’ You muttered, annoyed that N disturbed your sleep.

‘Sorry, were you sleeping?’

‘Doesn’t matter anymore does it?’ Urghhh.

‘Anyways, tomorrow 10am at the dorm okay?’ 

‘Ohkaaaay.’

‘And wear something pretty.’

‘Why should I.’

‘Just do it.’

‘NO. Goodnight oppa.’ You hung up and threw your phone away before falling back asleep.

 


 

You woke up to the sun shining through the curtains and covered your face with your pillow. ‘Stupid sun.’ You tried going back to sleep but your blanket and bed was burning up. ‘Urghhh.’ You muttered as you sat up on the bed and looked out of the window. That was when you suddenly realized that you’re suppose to go over to the dorm by 10. ‘Oh my god. Oh my god. What time is it. Holy .’ You quickly jumped out of your bed and looked around for your phone. ‘Where is the damn phone.’ 

After a few minutes of stumbling around in the room half awake, you finally found your phone on the ground by your bed. 10:32. You looked at the time and laughed at yourself. I must be crazy. 

Annoying Monkey [ 3 Text Messages ] [ 4 Missed Calls ]

     01:26 Remember, 10:00 at the dorm

     08:30 Are you awake? You should be awake by now.

     10:15 You’re still asleep aren’t you. I knew it. Call me when you wake up.

Hyuk Idiot [ 2 Missed Calls ]

Taekwoon Oppa [ 2 Missed Calls ]

Oops. Just then, your phone started ringing again.

 

 

‘You didn’t tell her that I’m coming right?’ Minhyuk asked as he looked at N dialing for your number again.

‘You told me not to tell her, so I didn’t.’ 

‘No wonder she’s late. She wouldn’t be late if she knows I’m here.’ Minhyuk laughed. What does he mean by that? Leo glared at him. ‘I tell you, she’s gonna start laughing like mad after answering the phone.’ He said to Ravi who was sitting beside him. 

‘You’re really really close with her?’ Ravi asked and Minhyuk nodded.

‘You can say that.’

‘Hello? HAHAHAHA.’ You laughed uncontrollably after answering the phone. Minhyuk mouthed ‘I told you so.’ and nudged Ravi as your voice was heard through N’s phone which he placed on loudspeaker. ‘I’m late oh my god I’m late HAHAHAHAHA.’ Then there was silence. And then you started laughing again. All the other members were just staring at N’s phone with their mouths hanging wide open. ‘Okay, I’m done laughing. I’ll be there in, uh, 20. Sorry oppa.’ You hung up and quickly rushed into the bathroom. Screw dressing up.

‘I told you she’s weird.’ N said to the guys who were still dazed. 

 


 

[A/N] The random idol cameos haha xD Sorry for the late update, I’ve been addicted to ‘You’re All Surrounded’ recently and finished it haha. (AHN JAE HYUN *SQUEALS*) I'll try to update next week, and as much as I can before school starts. 

The latest ep of VIXX TV ahhh Error was sooo good.

Hopefully this chapter was okay xD Don't forget to comment and subsribe! Thank you thank you <3