Chapter 7

This Is Then Counted

‘Does she always oversleep hyung?’ Hongbin asked N as they waited for you. 

‘Not really. She must have been too lazy to set the alarm before throwing her phone away after she hung up on me last night. And when that happens, she oversleeps.’ 

‘She’s really a pig in disguise.’ Ken laughed. 

‘Hyung, she’s gonna kill you if she hears that.’ Hyuk said as he looked at Ken.

‘Have you ever seen such a thin and small pig though.’ Hongbin rebutted Ken too.

‘Maybe she’s suffering from malnutrition.’ Ken muttered but he was clearly heard by everyone. Hyuk threw a cushion at him and he also earned a hit from Ravi. 

‘YAH. Stop talking ‘bout her like that.’ N shouted. Leo was also getting annoyed.

Right at the twentieth minute, the doorbell rang. ‘Pig’s here.’ N looked over to Ken and placed his finger on his lips. In the mean time, Minhyuk went to hide behind the door.

‘I’m so sorry oppa, I overslept. I’m so sorry to keep you guys waiting.’ You bowed to them as you stumbled into the dorm.

N eyed you up and down. ‘This isn’t something pretty.’ You looked at N. Are you kidding me?

‘I overslept! And you know that I have nothing else other than this.’

‘He’s gonna be upset.’ You eyed N. What’s wrong with him early in the morning.

‘Who he?’

‘Me he.’ You suddenly felt someone pulling your hair-tie out of your hair and you immediately turned around. ‘I told you a gazillion times not to tie it up when it’s still wet.’

You froze on the spot as you saw Minhyuk. Holy. You pinched his cheeks. ‘Are you for real?’ He pinched your cheeks back. ‘Oh my god.’ You exclaimed as he straightened out your hair which he just untied. ‘You’re real. You’re really real.’

'Is she doing that 'cos he's an idol or what.' Hongbin whispered to Ravi but got hushed instead.

‘Yeah I’m real.’ Minhyuk patted your head and smiled at you.

‘Minhyuk oppaaa! Oh my god oh my god oh my god.’ You hugged onto Minhyuk as you squealed. 

‘Yesyesyes.’ Minhyuk hugged you back tightly as he rested his chin on your head.

‘Are they a couple or something?’ Ken nudged Ravi, who instinctively looked over at Leo who was frowning while staring at the both of you. Ravi shrugged.

‘Can you do me a favour and change into something nicer? We’re going out.’ You eyed Minhyuk as you released him.

‘No.’ You spat, crossing your arms across your chest as you stared at him. 

‘Looks like even the boyfriend can’t do anything about her outfit.’ Ken laughed.

‘Hyung’s not her boyfriend.’ Hyuk said, but he was just trying to persuade himself.

'I don't think you would want to waste any more time. They've been waiting since 10.'

You looked at Minhyuk. It was obvious what the ending would be, and putting up a fight with him was useless. 'Fine. Do I get something from Hakyeon oppa's wardrobe?' You muttered as you dropped your arms to your side.

'I've got that covered.' You eyed the paper bag Minhyuk handed you. 'Choose one of the two to wear. Both are for you.' You opened it and resisted the urge to shove it back at him. 

'Over my dead body.'

'Technically, it IS suppose to be meant for your body. There's a romper, or the shorts with the shirt.'

'Can't I just get something from Hakyeon oppa's wardrobe?'

'I don't think there's anything in there suitable for the bottom. It’ll be too big anyways.'

'Fine. Fine.' You examined the shorts, too short. Are these even considered as shorts? You took out the romper. 'You sure this isn't a dress or something.' You flipped it over to make sure that it wasn't a dress and there was something to 'protect' you with. 'I need a freaking cardigan with this though.' Minhyuk took out a black cardigan from his bag and smiled at you. 'I hate you.' You took it and stomped into the washroom, handling the bag back to him. 



 

'This is disgusting.' You muttered as you stepped out of the bathroom. Leo looked up and snapped his mouth shut before anyone saw, but no one realized as everyone was just looking at you. 

'No it isn't.' Minhyuk held you by your shoulders and looked at you before turning to the guys. 'Guys say something!'

'You do look good.' Hongbin said as he smiled and gave you a thumbs up.

'Really pretty.' Hyuk added blankly as he stared. You covered your face with your hair as you bowed your head down. This is so annoying.

'Yah, look at me. You look pretty. Come on.' Minhyuk lifted your face up and moved your hair out of your face. 

'Pretty is one thing, but it's too short.' N appeared behind Minhyuk while Ravi nodded along.

'I told you so.' You frantically moved your hands to try lengthening it but it was useless.

'It's only once in like 10 years. I don't care. You're wearing this.' Minhyuk removed your hands from your romper and hooked his arm around yours. 'Don't worry, I'll take care of your 'lil sis and keep her away from men.' Ahaha. Good luck on that. Minhyuk patted N's shoulder and turned back to you. 'Now let's goooo!' 

'My hair tie.' You poked Minhyuk by his side. 

'You're leaving that down too. And I'll only give it back to you when you get back.' Oh yay me. You pouted.

'I'm gonna kill you when it gets into my face or anything.'

Leo was not expecting this interaction between you and Minhyuk at all. Well, he did not actually thought that 'super close' meant being this intimate, but now that he knew, he sure did not like it one bit. 



 

You looked at the other members as they put on their shoes, with Minhyuk's arm still around yours. That was when their outfits registered into your mind. They were all dressed up just right for hanging out. That was when you realized Leo in his sweater, with a cap on, and your heart skipped a beat. He... Looks... Good. You only saw him in his uniform and shirts previously, and somehow, then and there, you were awed by his looks. And it wasn’t helping now that you have listened to their songs, and heard him. 

Minhyuk felt you tensed up suddenly and saw you staring at Leo. He smirked and bent down, whispering right into your ear. 'It's rude to stare.' 

'H-Huh?' You coughed out as you blinked and turned to look at Minhyuk. 'O-Oh. I wasn’t…' That was when Leo looked up at you and saw Minhyuk's face right beside you. Is she, blushing? Leo immediately clenched his fist unknowingly as he glared at Minhyuk.

You stole a glance at Leo again before stepping out of the dorm in front of the others. Yahyahyah, stop staring. He’s just an idol. And idols are suppose to look good. Why are you so surprised. To think that you were unaffected by Hongbin oppa’s looks. You can't do this. You mentally yelled at yourself.



 

As you guys filed out of the dorm, you finally remembered what you wanted to ask them when they were putting on their shoes. 'Um, oppa,' All eyes turned to you. By then, you've already accustomed yourself to the mass attention you always get by them. 'Where are we going though?'

'Depends.' N said as he nodded his head in Minhyuk's direction. You raised your eyebrow at him. 

'Shopping and food?'

'How are we going there?' You suddenly remembered that the guys you were with are actually idols, and there’s 7 of them. 

'We'll take the bus.'

'All of us?' You looked at N.

'Yeah.'

'But, wouldn't you guys attract a lot of attention though.'

'We're not that famous.' Oh. You merely nodded, but someone wasn't satisfied with your reaction. 

'Shouldn't you question that statement?' You looked at Ken. Why does he like to pick on me so much. One day, I'm going to make him regret treating me like this. 

'It's been long since we last took the bus anyways.' Hongbin said.

'And Jaehwan hyung didn't want to drive. There would be enough space if he agreed to drive.' You looked at Hyuk and back at Ken. Tsk. Meanie.

‘Also, there shouldn’t be much trouble as long as we keep our profile low.’ You nodded at Ravi’s statement.

‘Bus it is then.’ You still secretly doubted how they would not garner any attention. Nah, the caps and hoods should be enough to cover their faces or something. 'Um, I've got another question?' The members were soon doubting the 'you generally don't talk much' theory. 'What's with this outing?'

'Minhyuk dropped by. And since it's a free day, and we all know each other why not hang out together? You've also gotten used to them. We can get some good food too.' You nodded at N's answer. But, I haven't gotten used to Jaehwan oppa’s meanness.

'Though I would rather we hang out ourselves.' You eyed Minhyuk. 'But it's okay, let's just take it as a date with, let's see,' Minhyuk looked around. '6 light bulbs.' You’ve decided to ignore Minhyuk and his weird tactics, but the others were disturbed, especially a particular two of them. 



 

You were surprised that all of you actually successfully got onto the bus without any disturbance. No one even looked over at any of you. Well, looks like they actually aren’t that famous after all. Oppa needs to work harder. You sat with Minhyuk at the second last row while Hongbin and Ken sat opposite you, the rest behind. 

‘Hyuk-ie you okay?’ N suddenly asked Hyuk and you turned around to look at him. ‘You aren’t talking much today.’

‘Sanghyuk oppa are you sick?’ You asked as you climbed up your seat slightly to touch his forehead while the guys looked blankly at you, especially Hyuk and Leo who was directly in front of you when you turned behind. Your skin was exposed slightly to them when your cardigan slid off a little as you reached out to Hyuk. ‘There’s no fever though. Are you tired?’

‘YAH. Can you not do weird stuff when you’re wearing that.’ Minhyuk saw their eyes widening and quickly grabbed you by your waist and pulled you down. Those bastards.

‘Who was the one who made me wear this weird thing in the first place.’ You muttured as you adjusted the bottom of the romper which moved up slightly while he pulled your cardigan into place.

‘I’m okay.’ Hyuk smiled weakly as he looked at the both of you. It’s going to be a long day for him and Leo.



 

Through lunch, Leo just kept staring at the both of you sticking next to each other. He never saw you this relaxed and happy with them before, and now with Minhyuk around, you were like a totally new person. He was also greatly disturbed by how you did not mind the amount of skinship between you and Minhyuk. You were seated very close to Minhyuk and he kept putting his arms around you while you simply ignored him. 

'Hyung, you haven't been eating.' Ravi whispered to Leo and he looked down at his untouched plate of food. 'And, your eyes are going to drop out.' Leo turned to glare at Ravi. 'Don’t worry hyung. I don't think they're in that kind of a relationship.' Ravi patted Leo’s shoulder as he continued eating.

After a few random questions here and there, Hyuk finally asked the question which has been disturbing him for the entire day as they had their desserts. ‘Minhyuk hyung, what’s your relationship with Minyeon-ie?’

‘We’re engaged.’ Ken choked on his ice cream while Leo just froze on the spot. N laughed as he looked at you while you shrugged back. 

'E-Engaged?' Hyuk felt his heart being torn apart when he heard that word. 

‘Let’s see, with my schedules and everything, we’re currently having a long-distance relationship, but she doesn’t complain at all. Isn’t my future wife so lovely?’ Leo suddenly felt very angry while Hyuk was just dazed, like everyone else. Minhyuk’s stories never failed to amuse you. Every single time someone asks him about your relationship, he would have an upgraded version prepared. ‘I met her a few years back and after seeking approval from her family,’ Minhyuk gestured to N before continuing, ‘I proposed to her last year, which she willingly accepted. We’re getting married when she turns 25. We already have everything planned out, with the wedding planner hired and all. Don't worry, we'll be sure to invite all of you.’ It was your turn to choke on your ice cream as you looked at him with your eyes wide open. Now that’s too upgraded.

You looked at the guys reactions and laughed along with N. All of their ice cream were already melting as they long abandoned it while they stared at Minhyuk. At least the attention isn’t entirely on me. 

‘W-Whoa.’ Was the only thing that Ken manage to mutter.

‘Minyeon why don’t you say something?’ Ravi believed that Minhyuk was just making it up, especially when both you and N were laughing. And when he just assured Leo a few minutes ago that nothing was going on between you and Minhyuk.

‘I was just waiting for Minhyuk oppa to finish his storytelling.’ You put down your ice cream. ‘Done?’ You asked Minhyuk and he nodded back at you. ‘We’re not engaged.’ You said clearly to your audience, but they were not persuaded. Your three words had no impact on them, as compared to the entire paragraph which Minhyuk had just recited. 

‘That brother of hers won’t even let her date. Much less marry and gosh, is she clueless about all these. Wait, is she still avoiding guys?’ Minhyuk said as he took in the expressions of the others in front of him. 

‘Wait, hyung, I’m getting confused here.’ Hongbin said as he pointed to you and Minhyuk.

‘Nothing to be confused about. They’re not engaged. Heck, they didn’t even have those feelings for each other to begin with.’ Hearing that, Leo still did not let his guard down. ‘They practically grew up together and Yeon-ie doesn’t see him as a guy. That’s why their super close. He’s most probably the only guy who can make her listen.’ N pointed to your outfit. What! What about it. Tsk. Stupid brother. ‘End of story. Oh and yeah she still has that phobia.’

‘You still have that phobia?’ Didn’t Hakyeon oppa just answer that question. 

‘Stop it with the ‘phobia’.’ You gave Minhyuk a disgusted look. 

Minhyuk waved you off. ‘Yeah what Hakyeon said is true. Though my version is still much more interesting. We should really do something about the guys problem though.'

'Shuttup.'

'This pretty girl over here never dated before.' Minhyuk pulled you into him as he said to the members. Ugh pretty. Not. You frowned at him. 'Must be 'cos of all the funny hoodies you wear and those baggy pants AND your phobia. That’s why no guys like you. But, don't you guys dare to think of doing anything to her.' Minhyuk pointed at each and every one of them. No guys. Hmpth. There’s one right over here. Ravi looked at Leo who was secretly paying attention even though he seemed uninterested. 

‘They’re not funny hoodies. And I don’t need or want to date so I don’t have to do anything about my PHOBIA. You don’t have to worry.’ You hit Minhyuk’s chest as you said solemnly. You were getting pissed with Minhyuk and his endless ‘she never dated before’. Is it that abnormal to not have dated before. Tsk. ‘Are we done yet. I don’t think the ice cream is edible anymore.’ You hit Minhyuk’s arm off you and left the shop, leaving the guys shocked at your sudden outburst.

‘Well that escalated quickly.’ Ken broke the silence while everyone looked at the door.

‘She’s so rude. Aish. That girl.’ N looked down at his ice cream to find a melted mess left in his cup. ‘Looks like it really isn’t edible anymore.’

Leo felt the urge to go after you but he was still disturbed by your relationship with Minhyuk, and what you said before you left. Yah, Jung Taekwoon. Why do you care if she said that she doesn’t want to date. It’s not like you have feelings for her or something. 

‘I’ll go see if she’s okay.’ Hyuk said as he stood up but got pulled back by Minhyuk while Leo looked at him. Now what’s his problem? 

‘Just let her be. She’ll just be waiting outside the shop. No biggie.’ Hyuk tried not to glare at Minhyuk while he sat back down. Who’s the one who made her leave!

‘Ahem.’ Hongbin coughed to get the others attention. ‘She is indeed waiting outside, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave her alone right now.’ Leo looked out and saw a few other guys nearby looking over at you while you stood alone, kicking the rocks on the pavement with your hands in your pocket, oblivious to the attention you were getting. Those freaking bastards.

N sighed. ‘I told you it was too short.’ 

Leo stood up at the same time as Minhyuk and got a few weird looks by the rest of them. ‘Fine, I’ll go get her.’ Minhyuk said as he went out, not looking at Leo at all. Leo glared at Minhyuk’s back and clenched his fists. 

‘Taekwoon hyung?’ Ken asked as he looked at Leo, while Ravi urgently grabbed onto his hyung. 

‘Let’s just all go since we’re done here already.’ Ravi said as he also stood up.

 

 

‘Yah, Yeon-ie I’m sorry about just now. Forgive me, okay?’ Minhyuk appeared behind you and pulled you into him while he turned to glare at the strangers who were giving you looks. That made them leave immediately and he turned back to look at you.

‘Idiot.’ You said as you came face to face with his shirt. ‘Move away. I need air.’ 

Leo stepped out of the shop to find the strangers gone but instead saw Minhyuk hugging you and felt his heart sink. 

‘Looks like you guys reconciled already.’ Hongbin said.

‘Of course, my wife can’t stay mad at me for long.’ Tsk. You eyed Minhyuk as you pushed him away.



 

After an entire day of walking around and eating, everyone was glad when they found seats on the bus. The guys soon fell asleep before long and the only ones left awake were you and Minhyuk, and Leo who was silently watching the both of you from behind. Leo plugged in his earphones but did not play any songs as he listened in on your conversation. 

'So how long has it been since you came? How was it?'

'A few weeks? Good, I guess.'

'Do they bully you?’ You shook your head. ‘Who's the nicest?'

'Uhmm...' You thought for a moment. Nicest? Definitely not Jaehwan oppa, or Hyuk. 'Taekwoon oppa.' You were shocked at your own answer. Minhyuk too. Leo was the last person who he thought would be on the list. Leo looked at you. Wasn’t Hongbin or Ravi much nicer to you?

Minhyuk smiled and pinched your cheeks. 'Awww our Yeon-ie likes him.'

'W-What? N-No I don’t. You asked who's the nicest!' Leo flinched and quickly turned to face the window.

'I can tell that he likes you too.' What? Don’t turn. Don’t. Leo blinked and continued to stare at the passing vehicles. Who says that I like her? No I don't.

'O-Oppa. Don't joke around.' Taekwoon oppa likes me? Impossible. Who would even like me.

'Fine. Stop stuttering. Are you in the same class as Hyuk then?'

'Nope. Taekwoon oppa and Jaehwan oppa.'

'What?'

'What what?'

'You're in their class?' You nodded. 'Wow, I didn't know you were THIS smart. Who do you sit next to?' 

'Taekwoon oppa.' I knew it. That explains it.

You told Minhyuk about the things you went through, complaining about you tutoring Hyuk and Ravi, Ken being mean, and complimenting Hongbin’s looks, leaving out Leo entirely. Minhyuk smirked as you ended your stories. This girl… Oh she likes him alright. While Leo just looked at you weirdly, wondering why you left him out, and could not help but to be upset about it.

‘Leo sounds like a really good guy.’ Minhyuk said on purpose while he smiled to you. You looked at him blankly and blinked. I t-thought I didn’t. Wait. What? Minhyuk laughed seeing you flustered while Leo was unsure of what Minhyuk meant. She didn’t mention me at all though? ‘You must be tired. Sleep. I’ll wake you up when we reach.’ Minhyuk rested your head on his shoulder and patted your head gently. 

Before long, you fell asleep and your hair was soon covering your face as the bus jerked. Minhyuk looked at you sleeping soundly and smiled as he leaned in to tug your hair behind your ear. 

Leo nearly stood up on impulse when he saw Minhyuk leaning into you. From his point of view, he thought that Minhyuk leaned in to kiss you, and that angered him. Just when he more or less calmed himself down, he saw you shift and thought you were going to move your head away from him, but to Leo's horror, you hugged onto Minhyuk's arm and leaned in closer to him. All feelings of tiredness left Leo immediately as he just glared at the both of you.

Minhyuk could feel Leo's burning stare behind his head and saw Leo’s glare by the corner of his eye when he leaned in to you. She likes him yet she doesn't know. And he obviously likes her. What do I do with the both of them? Minhyuk smiled as he thought to himself. He must have thought that I kissed her or something. Minhyuk laughed softly and that enraged Leo even more. 



 

'I'll bring my Yeon-ie back home then. See you guys soon!' Minhyuk waved to the rest as he rested his arm on your shoulder. She's not yours.

'See you, oppa!' You waved sleepily at the rest of them and Minhyuk lead you away from them. 

After a few steps, Minhyuk turned back to see Leo looking straight at him while he just smiled in return. Leo glared at Minhyuk's smiling face as he saw him pull you closer to him and you leaning in slightly. That bastard. What is wrong with him? 

Seeing this, Ravi came up to Leo and pulled him away. 'Come on hyung, Hakyeon hyung already said that she doesn't see him as a guy and they're not in a relationship. Don't worry.'

It doesn’t seem like that at all to me. Especially with that kiss.

Leo had a hard time sleeping that night as he kept thinking about the both of you.

 


 

[A/N] This chapter is like much longer than the previous chapters xD I thought of dividing it but then it would be two too short ones so yeah. I felt like being super mean by cutting it at the ‘We’re engaged’ part but then went against it haha xD And I can’t help but to feel guilty making Ken come off so mean heh xD

Thank you sooooo much for the comments and subscribers and upvote! 

My grammar kind of badly. So do pardon it. I might have missed some mistakes when I read through it haha oops.

Hope you liked this chapter xD Don't forget to comment and subscribe! (upvotes are also greatly appreciated) (okay im really shameless haha xD)