Chapter 36

This Is Then Counted

 

'Jaehwan-ah you go first. Go get your make-up done first. Don't you cause trouble today too!' N shouted at Ken who was still playing with his phone in the waiting room.  

'Yes hyung...'

'KIDS! SANGHYUK AND KONG. STOP RUNNING AROUND YOU'RE GONNA DRENCH THE OUTFIT BEFORE EVEN STARTING THE PERFORMANCE.' 

'He's being overly uptight about the comeback stage again.' Hyuk mumbled as he jumped down from the couch, while Hongbin nodded in agreement. 

The room immediately fell silent when they heard someone knocking on the door. 'Who is it?' 

'Did anyone call for delivery?' Leo immediately shot his head up as the door opened. 

'WHOA FOOD!' Ken immediately changed his course of direction  from heading towards the mirror, to towards the food in your hands. 

Which was unfortunately stopped by N as he was grabbed onto by his shirt, 'YAH LEE JAEHWAN!' and pulled back towards the seat in front of the mirror, before N turned to you, eyeing you who still had your uniform on. 'How did you get here?' 

'Manager oppa brought me here.' 

'Straight from school?' You smiled as Leo appeared in front of you within a blink of an eye.  

'Mmhmm.'

'Don't you have homework to do?'  

'I can finish it later.' Leo smiled as he pinched your cheek. 'Congratulations on your comeback stage oppa!' You exclaimed, shoving the cake into his hand.  

'We haven't actually had our comeback stage yet, Minyeonie.' Leo grinnied as he saw you frowning at Ken who shouted from the far end.  

'Yeah I know. You can just eat it later.' You shouted back at him. 

'Thank you so much Minyeon-ah.' You grinned back at him as he passed the cake to Hongbin for him to place on the table. 'You didn't have to come all the way here.'  

'UH-HMM.' N coughed loudly to get your attention. At least he knows better to stay with her first instead of charging straight at the cake.  

'Annyeong, Hakyeon oppa!'  

'Yes hi dear, took you long enough to notice my presence.' You laughed awkwardly as you went to hug him. He’s not going to get angry just like that right?

‘Hakyeonie oppaaaa-’

‘Okay okay. Stop making this place noisier than it already is. Why are you here anyways?’ 

‘What do you mean why? Can’t I come to support you on your comeback stage?’

‘Me? You sure you’re feeling okay today Yeonie?’ You pouted as he eyed you sternly. ‘You sure you have time to finish your work after you get home later?’ You nodded. ‘Okay, don’t make too much noise, and please don’t get into a fight with Jaehwan today. I don’t need any more trouble.’ N looked over at Leo, and back at you. ‘Your Woonie oppa looks like he’s going to die waiting.’ I can’t believe he’s still not eating the cake. Is it one of his tactics to get me to approve the both of them huh? 

 

 

N was being extremely quiet as he constantly looked over at you and Leo unapprovingly, other than the times when he was asking the rest to stop fooling around. Finally unable to contain it, he grumbled loudly. 'I still can't believe you never came for your brother in the past years and now you come for Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon.' 

You embarrassedly looked away as all eyes were on you again, while Leo smiled silently, happy that you came for him. He did not expect much, as he knew that you were seldom involved with their activities, but was more than happy when you appeared that day at their waiting room before their comeback stage. Without telling him at all.  

Just then, there was a knock on the door and a guy stuck his head in before disappearing within the next second. 'VIXX, you’re up soon.' 

Leo turned to you as he patted your head. ‘See you soon.’

'Oppa hwaiting!' You pecked Leo lightly on his cheek and felt him stiffen immediately.

‘OHHH TAEKWOON HYUNG~’ Ken and Hongbin cooed, while N was trying to keep his cool by telling himself to focus on the comeback stage for now.  

‘Not when they’re around.’ Leo whispered to you as he pinched your cheek again, but you could tell that he wasn’t angry by the slight smile on his face.  

‘Hyung, let’s go already.’ You turned to Hyuk as he mumbled and was dragging Hongbin along. Crap. I forgot. How could I- . I should really be more alert of what I’m doing.  

Leo noticed the change in your expression, and could tell what you were thinking about. ‘We’ll be back soon.’ He said again, with his soft and comforting voice, which always seemed to make everything better, and you smiled back. And, Hakyeon oppa will probably kill me when they come back. Well, he didn’t state the rules of the ‘probation’ term. Blegh. 

You could hear N mumbling something just when he left the room. 'And she used to only call me oppa.' 

'What about Minhyuk hyung?'

'That's not the point!'


 

 

After their performance, you were dragged off to a corner of the room by N for a nagging session about public display of affection, and that you shouldn’t be doing it even if there was no one around, since he, emphasized again over and over, that he has yet to approve your relationship with Leo. And then he went off to nag at you about coming all the way here for Leo, when you never did in the past years for him, not even for Minhyuk, and that he didn’t like it one bit. He’s just jealous. Heh. 

‘Why are you smiling?’ 

‘Nothing. I’ll come again tomorrow for you then!’ 

‘SO, you’re coming on the first day for Taekwoon, and the SECOND day for ME?’ You nodded, and stuck your tongue out at him as his eyes widened. ‘YOU! WAIT TILL I TELL MOM ABOUT THIS!’

‘Mom wouldn’t believe you anyways.’  

However, what was the worst wasn’t his extremely long nagging session, but was the fact that Leo was acting weird to you again after you went back to the van to wait for them. 

‘Taekwoon oppa?’ You asked as you saw that he did not even say ‘hi’ or smile at you when he boarded the van. ‘Oppa?’ You poked his arm gently. No response. Not even a nod of his head. Did I do something wrong? But before we came out, everything was still fine?  

Even N noticed that something was amiss, when you were finally around and taking the van with them after months, yet Leo was being extremely quiet. To the extent that N felt that he was ignoring you. 

Not wanting to kill scold him when the others were dozing off, N decided to confront him afterwards, not before dropping you off back at your place before their next schedule. And noticing the significant drop in your mood. 

 


 

'Is Minyeonie coming over today?' Ravi asked out loud to no one in particular as he looked around the waiting room.  

'Why would she come today when she already came yesterday.' N mumbled, not forgetting to glare at Leo, which Ravi, unfortunately, did not notice. 

'But wouldn't she come for Taekwoon hyung?' Ravi asked again, which finally got an answer from Leo. Maybe his first words since boarding the van the previous day. 

'She's not coming.'

'Why? Did you guys fight?' Hongbin kicked his leg from underneath the table, but Ravi was still oblivious to the situation. 

'Oh come on, they fight everyday.' Ken answered, hoping to lighten the atmosphere. 

'That's not counted. I mean real fight fight. Look at hyung. He's been gloomy since yesterday after the performance.'

'I’m pretty sure Minyeonie didn’t do anything wrong.’ Hyuk mumbled. What's with hyung always ignoring her randomly anyways.  

'You guys talk about her as though her brother isn't here.' But even with that sentence, N was still ignored. 

 


You were asked to wait for them back in the van first with the manager the previous day, as they had to pack up their stuff, and to prevent a messy situation in case you get mistaken as a fan of theirs. 

And being impatient, Leo rushed out of the waiting room as soon as he was done with changing out of his stage outfit, so that you wouldn’t be left alone. However, the sight which greeted him when he stepped out was not pleasing at all. Ilhoon was hugging you happily at the side of the corridor, which was totally not ‘heading to the van to wait for them first’, and jealousy got over him, as usual. 

Even when N and Ken questioned him back at the dorm, Leo did not say anything at all, which nearly caused a murder to happen, that Ken and Hongbin was able to prevent by holding back N, saying that there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. 


 

The members were heading back to the waiting room from their second performance when they bumped into the person Leo least wanted to see at that point of time, Ilhoon.  

'Oh Ilhoon-ah!' N waved as they greeted each other. 

'Hyung! I didn't know that Minyeon follows you here! I saw her yesterday!' 

'Yeah she came yesterday. She's here today too.' N shot Leo a look which Ilhoon did not notice. He was determined to kill Leo that very day if things weren’t settled by the end of the day, when he saw that Leo was still ignoring you despite you coming over for him again.  

'Okay! Wait 'till I let the others know, we've missed her so much! Can we come over later?' Why is he sounding so freaking cheerful. Leo had the urge to leave, but he did not want to head back alone to the waiting room first where you were either. He was angry, but that didn’t mean that he did not feel bad for ignoring you. Especially when you looked like you were going to cry any time soon.  

'Yeah. Just don't bring along Sungjae if possible.' 

'Okay, and Hakyeon hyung, since when did she listen to you so well? She said something 'bout her oppa wouldn't like it if she stayed longer and she ran off before I could say much.' With that, Leo froze. 

All of them knew that the 'oppa' which you referred to was definitely not N. You never listened to him, and they knew it clearly. And that left them with one answer. B-But, they were hugging!

'HER oppa huh? I have no idea either.' N mumbled, finally getting a grasp on the situation, and totally unamused with it.

'Oh. Okay. Then I'll see you again later? Bye hyung!' 

Leo looked at the rest of them as they shifted their attention to him as soon as Ilhoon left. 'I don't really want to know the details, but you better solve it. This is exactly why I don't allow her to be in a relationship.' N muttered and went straight back into the waiting room. 

'She didn't stay any longer 'cos her oppa wouldn't like it. I wonder who she was referring to. Yah, Wonshik ah, do you think it was me?' Ken added loudly as he pushed Ravi along. 

Hyuk just glared at Leo before going into the waiting room without saying anything. 

'Hyung you really need to watch the jealousy part.' With that, Leo was left alone outside the waiting room. 

 


 

He saw you fiddling with your phone mindlessly on the couch as they went back in, but he did not know what he had to say to make things better, especially when the rest were still around. But not for long. 

'I need to get something.' N mumbled as he left, and they immediately got the cue.

'I'll go to the washroom.' Ravi said and Hongbin followed along. 

'Ah, manager hyung wanted me to help with something.' Ken said as he stood up, and dragging Hyuk, who was still staring daggers at Leo, out with him. ‘Hyukie you need to help out too.’

You watched as the members left one by one, leaving Leo and you alone in the room. What are they doing? But yet, you refused to look at the only person who was left as you had your eyes fixated on the device in your hands. 

'Minyeon-ah. I'm sorry, for treating you like that since yesterday.' Leo finally broke the silence, but you ignored him. 'I didn't think clearly and just assumed stuff. I was jealous. I'm really sorry.' You tried not to look up as you could see him getting closer, and even when he sat down next to you and hugged you, you looked away. 'Forgive me?' 

'It's not one week yet. There's still six more days.' You muttered, not willing to give in to him.  

What one week? Leo had to think for a moment before realizing that you were referring to the time he ignored you due to him being jealous of Minhyuk. 'Minyeon-ah, I'm really sorry...' Leo's face was smacked right next to yours, but you resisted the urge to look at him. 'It's just that I saw Ilhoon hugging you and- I'm sorryyy... Hmm?'  

You were trying really hard to control yourself while Leo pulled you closer with his arms around your waist, not moving his face away. 'Hmmmmmm?' His cologne, his voice, his- it's just him. Him. Annoying. 

'Stop it oppa.' Leo smiled as he saw the sides of your lip tilt up slightly. 

'You're smiling. So you forgive me?' 

'Maybe.' Your smile became wider when Leo pecked your cheek, until you were interrupted by someone. 

'Minyeonieeeeeee- Whoa.' The door burst opened and Sungjae immediately froze. 'Taekwoon hyung. Uh. Hi. Uh. I'm sorry if I, I mean, we, uh, I disturbed you.' 

'Yah! Yook Sungjae. Why are you just standing at the door and not going in- Oh. Taekwoon hyung.' Changsub was next while Leo gradually removed his arms from your waist. 

Leo merely nodded at them while the rest of BTOB filed in, noticing how your eyes lit up when you saw them. Control, Jung Taekwoon. Control. 

You waved happily to all of them, but controlled yourself so that you didn't run to them, to prevent another jealousy rage session from Leo again. 

Until, Minhyuk came in. 'Oppa!' You exclaimed and quickly charged to hug him. Taekwoon oppa will understand

'Hey. Oh. Taekwoon.' Minhyuk ruffled your hair while you turned to look at Leo and stuck out your tongue. Okay. It's just Minhyuk. She's been hugging him since forever. Okay. That's... fine. 

'I'll leave you to them for now.' Leo went to you and patted your head lightly, while you grinned cheekily back at him. You knew that he was retreating because he might not be able to control himself if he stayed any longer.

But once he was gone, you found yourself being pulled back to the couch. 'Minyeon-ah.' Sungjae said as he dragged you away from Minhyuk. 'Tell me the truth.' You looked at him strangely. 'Did Taekwoon hyung do anything weird to you?' Weird? 

'What weird? Why would Taekwoon hyung do anything weird to Minyeon?' Hyunsik added.

'No but hyung was like,' You stiffened up as Sungjae wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer, and could feel your heartbeat beating faster again, the not good kind of faster, and you started smacking his arm for him to let go of you. 

'Yah maknae! What do you think you're doing!' Eunkwang shouted. 'Stop it!' 

'Hyung no wait. I'm serious! Taekwoon hyung did this to Minyeon when I came in and his face was like this close to her,' And you found Sungjae's face right next to you. 'And I think I even saw hyung kiss her on her cheek!'

'What?!' Peniel gasped while everyone just looked at you in shock, except for Minhyuk. 

'Yook Sungjae get your hands away before I chop them off!'

'But she didn't have a relapse when Taekwoon hyung was-'

The door opened again as Leo entered the room after hearing the fuss that was going on from the outside. 'No, I don't think I'll leave you to them.' He immediately frowned as he saw Sungjae hugging you. 'I knew it.'

You frantically looked over at Leo, who instantly noticed that same look of fear in your eyes from the previous times. It's back? 'Taekwoon hyung! You were doing this to Minyeon when I came in right?'

'Sungjae stop it. Why would-'

'Yeah. Now if you would kindly keep your hands and face further away from her.' Leo said sternly, interrupting Eunkwang, as he forcefully removed Sungjae from you. 'You okay?' His eyes softened immediately when he turned to you. 'Is it back?' He held onto your hands and was relieved to see that it wasn't shaking, even though you looked quite blank. 

'I think so. It's okay oppa.' You mumbled as you grabbed onto his arm, and your breathing was soon back to normal. 

All of them were staring at the both of you, and there was silence before anyone spoke again. 'Just asking, but are the both of you dating?' Will he tell them? You saw Leo look at you, and then turn to answer Hyunsik. 

'Yeah.' And then again, silence ensued as they tried to digest what he just said. 

Just at that moment, the door burst opened, again. 'Oh, you're all here.' They were about to exchange greetings, until Sungjae shouted across the room. 

'Hakyeon hyung! Why can Taekwoon hyung date Minyeonie when I can't?' That took every VIXX member by surprise other than N. Especially Hyuk. Not Sungjae too? 

'I didn't say that Taekwoon can date her.' Here we go again. 

'But then-'

'Sungjae can you stop harping on that, we're here to see her, not make a fuss.' Eunkwang added. 

'No! Why can Taekwoon hyung while I can't!'

'Wait. Was the oppa you were referring to yesterday not Hakyeon hyung but Taekwoon hyung?' Ilhoon looked at you, and then at Leo. 

'Don't tell me that you ignored her 'cos you saw her hugging Ilhoon yesterday.' Minhyuk said, quite certain of what happened, especially since only the both of you were left in the room when they came in, and N would not have allowed it to happen unless under undesirable circumstances.

Leo kept quiet. 'He did.' And you felt him tensed up slightly. 

'Have you guys settled it yet?' 

'Yeah.'/'Maybe.' Leo looked at you. What maybe? / I didn't say yes yet! 

'What? I thought the time we gave would be enough!' Ken exclaimed. See. I knew they evacuated the room on purpose

'Can't we get back to our main objective here?' Changsub quickly butted in. 'I thought we came to see Minyeonie?' 

'I don't get why you guys like her so much. She's just a ball of trouble.' N mumbled.

'Am not!' 

'You're not supposed to go against me right now, did you forget?' That- That's just unfair!


 


 

'Taekwoon hyung! What's the rush?' Ken shouted after Leo who was speeding towards the van. They just had a mini fanmeeting after the show, while you were shipped off back to the van to wait for them first. This time, fortunately, nothing happened for Leo to get jealous over. 

'Jaehwan hyung, you know clearly yet you still ask.' Hongbin smiled as they tried to catch up. It always amazed them, how you could change Leo, making him so much more cheerful usually, smiling more often than before. 

'Who knows, maybe there's a different reason today?' 

'Unless hyung suddenly don't like her anymore, maybe.' Hyuk mumbled, partially giving in to you and Leo, but yet a part of him still did not want to let you go.

 

 

Leo smiled when he opened the door to find you in your usual seat, nodding off while hugging onto your bag. She's that tired? 

'Hyung! Why are-' Ravi immediately went silent when Leo lifted his hand. 'But then how are we going to go in?'

'From Jaehwan's side.' Leo said softly as he moved you slightly closer to his side so that they could lift the other seat to make way for the younger ones, trying not to wake you up at the same time. 'Be careful.' 

He had his arm around you in case the boys knocked into you accidentally, which wasn't even close to happening as they had ample space to move to the backseats. But Leo did it otherwise. 

He looked at you, your head bowed down as it rested on your bag you were hugging onto, before calling Ken softly. 'Jaehwan, help me for a moment.' Leo gently lifted your head, to rest on his shoulder, while he handed Ken your bag to place on the floor after slowly unwrapping your arms from it. 

Leo smiled slightly when you wrapped your arms around his instead, and snuggled closer to him. That should be more comfortable. 

 

 

'Taekwoon-ah. Taekwoon.' N reached over his seat and poked Leo, waking him up. He better thank me for doing this. 'Bring Yeonie up first. We need to go for our next schedule.' 

'Min, Minyeon-ah?' He gently shook you, despite knowing that it would require much more to wake you up. 'Min?' 

'I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to wake her up like that.' 

'Minyeon-ah?' 

'Hmm?' You mumbled, with your eyes still closed.

'We're here. I'll bring you up first okay?' 

'Mm.'

'You have to wake up for me to bring you up.' You slowly opened your eyes as you let yourself get pulled out of the van.

'Oppa, all the best for later.' Leo chuckled as you said it half awake.

'Thanks. Sleep early if you're too tired okay?' 

'Mmhmm.'

 

 

I just have to finish this. One last portion. You willed yourself to carry on as you stared at your notes before you, not even realising when the door clicked open after the beeping of it could be heard. 

Why is the lights still on? Hasn't she slept yet, at such a timing? Leo peeked into your room, and found your head buried among your books, and it was obvious that you were struggling to keep your eyes open. 'Min-ah?'

'Oppa?' You called out, when you turned around, unsure if you were hallucinating from the amount of tiredness, or that he was actually there in front of you. 

'Why are you still awake?' Leo asked as he glanced over at your pile of work on the table. And one piece of paper caught his attention. 'You have a test and yet you still came over just now and yesterday?' 

Let's just hope that this is a hallucination or else I'm in deep . 

'I was just about to sleep.' You mumbled as you rubbed your eyes tiredly, your head in a mess. At least he doesn't know when the test is. 

'At 2.30am?' How is it that he still has so much energy at 2.30am then? 'When's the test?' Leo asked as he saw you packing up your things, which was also piling it all up messily and shoving your pens into your pencil case. 'I'll help you do it, you sleep first.' 

'I'm almost done...' You mumbled as you shoved the things even quicker, and dumped your pencil case on top of the pile of papers. 'See, done.' 

'Now, sleep.' Leo pushed you towards your bed, but just when you were about to lie down, you stood up again. 

'Alarm. I forgot to set my alarm.' You mumbled, your eyelids already dropping. 

'I'll go set it, what time?' 

'6? Or... 5? 5.30?' 

'Okay okay, sleep go sleep.' Leo tugged you into bed. This dumb girl... She could have just stayed at home.

'Woonie oppa...' 

'Hmm?' He bent closer to you as he heard you mumbling into your pillow. 

'I love you.' He smiled.

'I love you too Minyeon-ah.'  

 


 

[A/N] There! Hope that this was fine! 

This fic is gonna end soon though, in around 3-5 chapters I guess? D; I'm gonna miss this oh dang...

And the next update will only be in two weeks time if possible >< But thank you so much for all the support, subscribes and comments! 

Don't forget to subscribe and commenttt :D

[gif cr to owner :D]

Thank you!

<3