Chapter 20

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah tugged on Watson's leash as she walked into her therapist's building. She promised Himchan that she'd start going back once her wrists had fully healed. Even after they did, she prolonged setting an appointment until Himchan threatened to drag her there himself.

It had been a month since Eun Ah was in the hospital which meant that it had been a month since she had last seen Kris.

And since she last kissed him.

He had made no attempt to reach her and neither did she. It seemed like they were just ignoring each other and honestly, she was glad. She wasn't ready to face him after what happened and it was probably in their best interest to give each other some space, but she couldn't help feeling bad.

She kept thinking about Alice.

If Ryu was able to take out Kris's girlfriend from right under him, there was no stopping what he could do to her. Sure, at the time Kris was younger and more naïve, but Ryu had just gotten more ruthless since then. And now that Yongguk and most of B.A.P were out of the picture, it would make it harder for her to protect herself.

Maybe this was a sign.

A sign that she had to stop relying on Yongguk and Himchan and just figure this out herself. It was about time for her to protect herself but she had no idea where to start. How could she take down a major drug and crime lord without anyone's help when she didn't even know where he was?

He killed Alice just to give Kris a message, so there was no doubt that he'd do a lot worse to Eun Ah, a girl who he wanted to kill out of revenge. He actually had a vendetta against her unlike Alice who was just collateral.

She hadn't really been thinking about Ryu but maybe it was about time she started taking things seriously.

But her mind kept wandering off to Kris. She kept imagining what it'd be like to lose the love of your life at the young age of 18, but somehow he was okay. He managed to move on and move forward without letting himself sink.

She had so much respect for him. He was a leader of an important gang where people looked at him for guidance and he didn't let his past effect that.

She wondered if she'd ever be able to do that.

-----

"Thank you. I'll see you next week." Eun Ah said to her therapist as she closed the door behind her.

She held Watson in her arms as she made her way to her car. Her sessions were getting better but she still found it hard to confide in her therapist. She was a stranger and to tell a stranger the most vulnerable and intimate parts of her life didn't feel  right.

But she could admit that it was helping. It made it easier to say his name and think about him without hurting too much. There was still a painful straining in her chest, but it was getting better, slowly.

"Eun Ah?" A familiar voice called out for her.

She turned around and Watson barked happily when Luhan walked up to her. She smiled and greeted him back while he scratched the top of her dog's head.

"What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.

He nodded towards the building she had just come out of, "I had to pick some things up for Kris from his doctor."

Oh.

Eun Ah smiled tensely and nodded awkwardly. She had forgotten that he went to one of the doctors here and she was partly glad that she didn't run into him.  

"We haven't really seen you around lately."  Luhan's eyes were drilling into her and she knew that he was trying to read her.

At least it was clear that no one knew what happened between her and Kris.

She laughed hollowly, "I've been kind of busy."

"Well they others miss you. They keep asking us about you."  Luhan said lightly.

"I'll make sure to drop by for a visit sometime." That was a half truth.

Luhan raised his brow, his lips quirking up in a small grin, "I think it'll be sooner than you think."

"Wh--"

"WHAT'S UP S?!"

Eun Ah jerked her head around and saw Tao and Jongdae strolling up to her.  "Wait, what are you guys doing here?"

Jongdae shrugged, "We were bored at home so when Luhan hyung said he had errands to run we decided to tag along."

"Aren't you glad we did?!" Tao cheered as he pulled Watson out of Eun Ah's hands and spun him around. The dog barked and wagged his tail at the faces Tao was making at him.

"She better be, because everyone back at home was getting sick of your whining." Jongdae muttered under his breath.

Eun Ah chuckled when the two young members started playing around with Watson in the parking lot. Luhan glanced at her through the side of his eyes and was surprised to see her smiling.

He couldn't be sure, but it seemed like a more genuine smile than he had seen off of her. "You feeling better?"

Eun Ah's smile slowly slid off her lips as she gave him a look, "Sure."

Luhan didn't react to her secretive answer and just watched her for a while before rolling his shoulder and calling out to the others.

"Do you guys want to get something to eat? Eun Ah, you should tag along too."

-----

"Stop taking all the meat!" Tao hissed, trying to fight Jongdae off with his chopsticks over the grill.

Eun Ah watched the two of them in intrigue as they bickered back and forth. Tao looked like a mysterious, intimidating assassin, but here he was, whining like a little baby. He made a fuss when they had to leave Watson in the car with the window cracked and he whining now too. It was bizarre.

"I'm older than you! You need to start showing me some respect if you want to keep living." He said angrily while grabbing the last piece of cooked meat.

"It just looks wrong." She mumbled under her breath.

Luhan caught her dumbfounded words and laughed, good naturedly. "Tao was brought up like a moody teenager. It was cute at first, but then it just got annoying. Even on missions he'd act like a little brat. He's lucky we love him so much."

Tao's head snapped up, as if he had a radar for whenever his name was used in conversation. "Did you just call me a brat?"

"I call it like I see it." Luhan said coolly.  

Jongdae snickered, "Takes one to know one, right Hannie?"

Luhan growled and flicked a piece of kimchi at the boy who dodged it swiftly. The owner of the shop came in and placed their food down before gently slapping Luhan on the forehead.

"Stop playing with you food, Han."

Luhan looked away but Tao and Jongdae smiled smuggly. Eun Ah blinked and noticed that the boys knew the owner pretty well and spoke to him casually until he had to get back to the kitchen.

"Why does he always take your side?" Luhan complained.

Tao scoffed and flung his arm over Jongdae's shoulder, "Duuh, it's because we're way cuter than your baby face and deer eyes."

Luhan scowled at the two that were making taunting faces at their elder.

"Do you guys come here often?" Eun Ah asked.

"We came here since we were teenagers  but not all of us come back any more." Luhan said lightly.

"Kris hyung doesn't really come out with us often even when we go to other places." Jongdae said quietly.

"Is it because of Alice?" She blurted out. When she realized what she said, she slapped her hand over and grimaced at her blunt words. Kris mentioned that the others were also affected with Alice's death as well.

She knew what it was like to be hit in the face with the reminder of the people you lost. She should've known better than to be so insensitive.

"S-sorr--"

"He told you about Alice?" Luhan asked quietly, his voice echoing in anger.

Eun Ah shifted uncomfortably when she felt the mood suddenly tense and everyone droop as if their appetites were lost.

"Um, yeah, a little while ago." She admitted.

"What did he say?" Luhan asked, his brows creased in the middle.

Eun Ah glanced at the other two desperately, but their gazes were drawn down on the plates, their eyes masked as they pushed rice around.

"No-Not much, really. He just talked about being in love with her and what Ryu did." For some reason she found herself struggling to say the words 'in love' out loud.

"Did he tell you why she died?" Luhan's voice was degrees past frozen just felt like it was made of dry ice.

"He said Ryu got to her when she went to visit her family." She replied. Her voice sounded defensive, as if she was protecting Kris even though there was nothing to protect from…right?

"That's it?" Luhan pressed.

Eun Ah nodded and watched something pass Luhan's features before he leaned back in his chair with something indistinguishable passing his eyes.

"Really." He mumbled more to himself.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked curiously when she noticed how distracted he seemed.

"It's prob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter