Chapter 46

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"EUN AH!"

Yongguk raced to her, stumbling towards her staggering body as she held onto her shoulder. He heard two more bullets crack through the air as she collapsed on her knees.

She slowly lowered herself on her back and gasped desperately for air. Her whole arm was on fire and when she dared to look at her arm, she squeezed her eyes shut at the amount of blood pouring out of her.

It was making her dizzy.

"H-hwang? B-baby? Look at me. Please."

Eun Ah let out another slurred groan while gripping her arm. It felt like her limb was being pulled from her body and the only thing she could comprehend was the pain that was running through her body.

She slowly peeled her eyes open to see Yongguk staring down at her, cupping her cheek. His eyebrows turned down with concern coating his eyes.

"It hurts." She hissed through her gritted teeth as she scrunched her face in pain.

Yongguk gulped, his hands shaking as he tried lifting her up, but the minute he touched her, she yelped in pain, causing him to abruptly let go.

"I saved you, right? Did I save you? The bullet didn't hit you, because I saved you. I'm so happy that your safe. I protected you." She breathed out airily.  

Yongguk blinked at her in confusion, not understanding what she was talking about.

Why would she think that the bullet would hit him?"

 He looked over his shoulder to see Kris and Mina's corpses. The members all looked grim and he met eyes with Luhan for a brief second before the boy turned away.

Eun Ah didn't wait for his response and gargled incoherently when she felt her bloody fingertips turn cold as she continued to press down on the wound to stop the bleeding.

"We-we need to tourniquet it." Yongguk rasped out while lifting the hem of his shirt up.

Eun Ah watched his blurry, fading eyes as his fingers shakingly undid his belt and slid it out of his belt loops.

When he brought the belt near her arm she sharply turned away, loudly huffing and whimpering in protest and pain.

Yongguk's voice cracked when he saw water fill her eyes, "You need to let me do this, princess."

"No." She whimpered, pleading him to stop the pain cracking through her body.

Yongguk closed his eyes for a second before gritting his teeth, "We need to stop the bleeding."

Eun Ah let out a loud breath, when her arms started to feel numb before looking over at him. She saw the way his forehead creased and his fingers gripped and re-gripped the belt, nervously.

"O-Okay."

Yongguk let out a sigh of relief before leaning over her and wrapping his belt around the wound. He bit his lip and count to three in his head before tightening the belt as tight as he could, squeezing her arm to stop the bleeding.

Eun Ah pressed her lips together and let out a muffled scream as he buckled the belt in place.

When he was done, he reached for her other bloodied hand and laced their fingers together. Eun Ah felt her head rolled back in forth, heavily, when she felt someone her hair.

"Yo-nggu-k." She slurred.

He shifted towards her, leaning his head down. "Sssh. Help is coming. You'll be fine."

Eun Ah her cold, dried lips and drowsily shook her head, "N-no. Wa-it."

"What?" He said impatiently.

"Next time…I'm the one taking your belt off."

"For 's sake."

-----

Bright white light.

That was what Eun Ah saw when she opened her eyes.

Bright, blinding light that was so harsh that her eyes started to burn and water. She hissed inaudibly and shut her eyes, the tears slipping down her face.

She slowly opened her eyes again, blinking fast until she could slowly adjust to the brightness.

Where was she?

Eun Ah let out a groan as she tried to move around, but a sharp pain shot up her right arm making her wince.

She looked around the room, taking in the décor before she realized that she was in a hospital room.

Not again.

She looked over to the side of the room and saw the IV bag attached to her arm. She look down at her arm and made a face at the brace that was slung around her neck and clamped on her arm.

She looked away and just as her eyes made contact with a vase of dahlia's, a voice caught her attention.

"No, Himchan. It's not like I wanted to take her with me, but do you actually think she'd let me say no? Don't say that about your sister. She did it out of impulse."

Eun Ah turned her head and looked over at Yongguk whose back was facing her as he spoke on his cell phone.

"Yeah. Yeah. I know." There was silence as he listened to the other end. "Look Himchan, I feel horrible. I-I, I keep picturing it over and over again."

There was a pause, "Yeah, you can stop by."

"Oh God, don't let him come." Eun Ah blurted.

Yongguk spun around her, his eyes wide as he stared at her.  

"Eun..."

"Is that her? Is she awake? Give her the ing phone, I'm go--"

Yongguk ended the call, cutting Himchan's voice off before dropping his hand to his side. He stood frozen for a good second before he collapsed on the couch.

He covered his face with both his hands and just sat in silence.

He had almost out in worry when he was in the ambulance and even after the doctor assured him that there wouldn't be any long term damage, he still could barely sit still.

The doctors said that she had taken a lot of physical strain over the last few years, since this wasn't her first time being shot at or injured.

Even though they said that she'd come out fine, they said that that they didn't know how much more of a physical toll someone her age and size could take.

"Don't let her strain or overwork herself for the next few months or she might get hurt to a point where she might not recover. The human body can only heal itself so fast before it starts to give up."

That, in and of itself, was terrifying.

Was he really putting the girl of his dreams through that much trauma that she was barely holding it together physically?

It racked him with guilt that he never considered how much pain she had accumulated for someone who lived 26 without being physically strained and then spent 3 years in constant danger.

"You scared me." He whispered through his hands, his voice cracking. "Oh my god, you scared me so much."

Eun Ah gulped and widened her eyes when she saw dark spots form on the knee of his jeans.

Was he crying?

"Yo-yongguk." She breathed out, astounded.

He stayed in his position, tears dripping off his face, "There was so much blood. I've seen my share of blood before, but it just kept pouring out of you. In the ambulance your grip was so weak. I knew that nothing should've happened to you with a bullet to the shoulder, but I actually thought I was going to lose you."

Eun Ah wanted to stretch her hand out too him, but her body still felt sore and he sat way too far for her liking.

"I-"

"Why did you do it?" He said while looking up, his eyes bloodshot.

Eun Ah blinked at him in confusion, "Why did I do wh--"

"Why did you risk your ing life for him!"  Eun Ah's lip parted in shock when he bursted out, his voice booming.

"F-for who?" She asked, her memory a little foggy. She just remembered being shot, the rest was a little blurry.

"For Kris! Why the did you get shot for him!?" He yelled.

"I-I I don't know." Her voice shook.

She was sure that if she really thought about it, she'd come up with her split second decision, but she was so thrown by Yongguk's harsh tone that she just felt speechless.

Yongguk looked at her incredulously, "You don't know?! You threw yourself in front of a speeding bullet and you don't know why?"

At that point Eun Ah was stunned into a silence. She felt so lost and all she could do was let him yell at her. She didn't think she had done anything wrong. She thought he'd welcome her with a relieved smile and a kiss.

Not this.

"You could've died! Did you think about that at all? How many times have I told you to think with your head? How could you be so careless with your life? You barely knew Kris. Why would you do this?"

Eun Ah felt her eye twitch, "I did it because I wasn't going to let someone die. Sure, I wasn't his number one fan, but he doesn't deserve to be killed. He made mistakes, we all do, that's no reason to let him die. I ran in front of that bullet because I didn't want any more blood spilled in that ing building."

"Well how did that work out for you?" He said antagonistically.

Eun Ah frowned, not understanding him, "What does that mean?"

Yongguk stood up from the couch, "It means that even after risking your life, he still died, so was it worth it?"

Eun Ah felt her blood run cold, "H-He died?"

Yongguk looked away, "Ali--Yum--Mina shot him again right after you went down."

He died.

She didn't like Kris. Hell, she barely knew him, but he was still someone she spent time with. And even if he wasn't someone she had feelings for, but there was still a sinking pit in her stomach that weighed heavily on her heart.

Someone died, even despite her efforts.

She couldn't save him.

Eun Ah's felt her body lock up then, out of nowhere, she jerked her shoulder on accident and let out a piercing scream when the pain rocketed through her bone.

Yongguk leaped to her side, but before he could touch her, nurses and doctors raced passed him, to tend to her.

"Increase her morphine dosage!"

Yongguk felt his heart thud as he watched Eun Ah's cheeks stain from tears of pain as she groaned and yelled, screaming for someone to stop the pain.

He had never heard those sound escape her lips.

She sounded like she was dying.

Tears filled his eyes as he watched helplessly as her eyes drooped with painkillers until she was completely unconscious.

"What happened here?" The head doctor asked once Eun Ah was passed out.

Yongguk looked at him pathetically, "I got her worked up and she jolted her arm."

The doctor sighed and placed a hand on Yongguk's shoulder, "I understand that this is a high stress moment for the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter