Chapter 16

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryu walked into the room before tossing his phone off to the side. He glanced over and saw Yumi lying on the couch holding a photo in her hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked, annoyed by how laidback she seemed.

Yumi glance at him before slowly slipping the picture into her pocket. "Nothing. Why?"

Ryu's eyebrow twitched. There was something about Yumi he never liked. She never seemed worried or distressed by the threats against them. It was like her mind was always distracted.

She never seemed bothered and that didn't settle Ryu.

"Have you ever heard of the Untouchables?"

Yumi titled her head, "Isn't that the group that allied with B.A.P not too long ago?:

Ryu nodded thoughtfully, "They just offered us a deal."

Yumi raised her eyes. "What is it?"

"5 million for the girl."

Yumi perked up, "They have Eun Ah? How? I thought they were on the same side."

Ryu leaned his back against the wall, "There's no way that they would get her that easily. This is a plan to draw us out."

"So we're not going to do anything? What if they're telling the truth?"

Ryu's eyes locked on the gun sitting beside him. "They're still alive."

"Who?"

"You know who I'm talking about and until I can get rid of them for good, I'm not doing anything else." Ryu was determined to kill the living dead.

Yumi snorted, "So you're just going to forget about Eun Ah?"

Ryu smirked and looked out the window taking in the nice scenery. Yumi might think that he was a mess but that wasn't like him.

Devlin Ryu did everything with a purpose. Every move he made and every syllable that left his lips was there for a reason. His eyes were on the prize but when someone was trying to take it away from him, he was going to fight back. He was going to take down anyone that got in his way.

His endgame was Eun Ah.  

And if getting to her meant taking out a few obstacles that got in the way, so be it.

He was in no rush. He would destroy every pillar in her life if it meant finally being able to kill the offspring of the two people that betrayed him the most. He'd consider this..detour as a warm up game. Just to brush up on things that he was rusty on. He had been quiet from 2 years now, and it was time he made some noise.

It was time that he made himself known.  

If anything this was more fun. It would be like a game of cat and mouse. Those two men were hiding. They didn't want their existences to come out which meant that they couldn't openly threaten him as much as they want to.

Stealth was their only an option, they had to move carefully and quietly which meant that he had an upper hand. They still had something they cared about, which meant that they had something on the line.

They had something to lose, something for him to take away. He had been docile for so long that he was itching to play again.  It was like replaying your favourite level in a video game.

It would be like hunting season.

"I'm not going to forget her…I'm just going to put her on pause."

-----

"Why would she be with Kris?" The man behind the wheel asked.

"Not really sure. Maybe it was a date, maybe they were just having dinner as friends." The older gentlemen stated causally.

"She's not friends with Kris."

The man in the passenger seat laughed, "How would you know?"

The driver had no response and just continued driving, his jaw locked. Silence filled the vehicle as it wove through windy roads.

"Do you really think Ryu would do this?" The man in the cap asked the driver.

He gripped the wheel tighter, but kept his eyes straight ahead, masked by his sunglasses. "No."

The capped man raised his brows, "Why not? Who else would be after her?"

"Ryu would've already killed her instead of kidnapping her and giving her enough time to escape. He wouldn't get anything out of kidnapping her, he just wants her  dead. If he got close enough to her."

"He'd get us."

The man frowned, "Us. Why would Ryu think that you'd come for her? Why would he use her to draw you out?"

The man didn't reply but that only fuelled the anger in the driver.

"You need to stop keeping your relationship with her such a secret. How am I supposed to trust you when I have no idea what your intentions are."

The man adjusted his hat and stared out the window. "I wronged her and her brother and I'm trying to make it right."

The younger man snorted. "Did you run away from them or something?"

"Or something." The man replied vaguely.

"Oh, let me guess, you're really their birth parent and you abandoned them at a young age and now you feel bad and want to do right by them." He mocked sarcastically.

The older man flinched at the word 'parent'. "Her parents are dead."

The older man glanced at him through the side of his eye, his joking manner dissolved into one of suspicion. "How do you know that?"

"Woon told me. They're dead and they're never coming back."

"You don't know that." The man with the glasses said defensively.

"If it's not Ryu then who took her ?" The man swiftly changed the subject. The driver gave him one long look before going along with his question.

He didn't have time to be distrusting now.

"Other than Ryu, there aren't that many people that have a grudge against her."

The cap in the cap smirked while keeping his gaze out the window, staring at the driver's reflection in it, "Don't you mean that there aren't that many people that have a grudge on Yongguk that they'd take out on her?"

"Yongguk's dead."

"Rea--"

"Valuing life is not a weakness and disregarding it is not a strength." He said roughly.

The man didn't respond to his statement, "Well, if not that many people are after her, then where should we go?"

The younger male pressed down on the acceleration. "To the only people who still have a bone to pick."

The older male pulled his gaze and smiled at the young man next to him, half genuinely and half mockingly, "You sure are cryptic, Jin Ho ssi."

-----

Eun Ah felt her head bob up and down as she tried to keep her eyes from closing. She had been strapped to the chair for what felt like hours and she could feel all her muscles slowly going numb.

She rolled her neck and tried wiggling, but for the hundredth time, the rope that was tied around her was bound tightly, not loosening in the slightest bit.

They had left her alone for the most part except poking their head into the room once in a while to make sure she was still there.

It scared her.

It scared her that after they made their 'offer' to Ryu that nothing had happened yet. She had slowly been jumping the chair closer and closer to the door she was brought in through but she really didn't have a plan. She had no weapon or anything to get her out of the ties.

She was hopeless.

She could only hope that her message to Luhan alerted him enough to get Himchan to try and find her.

She looked over her shoulder at the table a few feet from her. She jumped with the chair until she  was a few inches away. She scanned the table top until her eyes landed on a glass beer bottle.

She slammed her shoulder into the side of the table until the bottle was close enough for her to pick up with . She raised her head and slammed the bottle against the table. It shattered into a dozen pieces, scattering over the table and floor.

She moved the chair so that her back was towards the table. She could hear Sung Wok and Kyung Wook cursing and running towards the room. She started swaying the chair left and right until she had enough momentum to tip herself over.

"What the hell what that?!" Sung Wok exclaimed as he barged into the room.

"What the are you doing?" Kyung Wook hissed when he saw Eun Ah on the ground.

"I just wanted to find water and I dropped the beer bottle and fell over." She whimpered dramatically.

Sung Wok made a sound of annoyance and straightened her up before dragging her back to the center of the room.

"." Kyung Wook said as he tried to pick up some of the glass off the ground.

Sung Wok walked to the rusty old sink and filled a glass with water before holding it up to and forcing her to chug it down. He watched her with empty eyes as she started to chock on it, the liquid dribbling down her chin. When it was empty the two of the came back in front of her and stared her down.

"You're a lot more trouble that I thought you'd be. You were so quiet when we first met you, why are you such a pain in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter