Chapter 12

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Week Ago.

Ryu walked into his safe house while throwing pills in his mouth. He cracked his neck and strode to his office when he froze.

He could here breathing echoing around the room and quiet murmurs bouncing off the walls.

Someone was there.

He knew Yumi wasn't at the house which meant that someone else was in there with him. He wasn't alone.

"Who's there?"

A dark laugh echoed around the room.

"You should hear yourself, Ryu. You sound so scared." The baritone voice bellowed.

Ryu spun around, trying to look for the source.

"I wish I could see the worried little look on your face. But then again, I'm pretty sure I still remember it from the night you ran away like the coward you really are."

Ryu's head started spinning and his breathing got heavier as he flung doors open. "You were there? Well, guess what? I'm not a coward. When I find you, I'm going to kill you with my bare hands."

The voice didn't miss a beat. "No matter how badly you may want to be, you’re not a machine or solider or a leader. You’re a murderer. You're just a terrified man, wanting money. You're like a beggar. But you hide behind that idea in your head because you’re too afraid to take responsibility for what you’ve done.  I know, I used to be a real piece of , but at least I’m trying to do something about it.”

"Shut up! SHUT THE HELL UP! Where the are you hiding?! WHO ARE YOU?" Ryu growled as he ran around the flat in search of the owner of the voice.

"You keep trying to play yourself off as some sort of weapon, that you don’t care about anyone or anything, but if that was true, you wouldn't be so worked up about me. You wouldn't be so mad that I'm not like you. That I'm not greedy like you.  You're fixated over the fact that there are people strong and more powerful than you who don't thrive for money like you do. You see it as a waste of talent, I see it as ambition It's only a matter of time before I find you. Before I come for you with everything I have and nothing to lose."

Ryu's eyes started to shake and his breathing started to get heavy.

"SHOW YOURSELF!"

"Is that fear I hear in your voice?" The different voice said teasingly, entering the conversation.

Ryu felt the hairs on the back of his neck pick up as he spotted on of the bathroom door, slightly ajar with light seeping through. The new voice was a lot louder.

He wiped the sweat off his brow and grabbed his gun while creeping towards the door. He took a deep breath and grabbed the door knob. He gave it a second before swinging it open, with his gun pointed.

Empty.

His eyes looked straight at the shower curtains, his heart racing in anticipation. He hoped to god that there was someone back there.

Someone for him to put holes in.

He flung the curtain aside and curled his finger around the trigger but lowered his weapon when he was greeted with emptiness again.

The voice spoke up again, but it came from the bottom of his tub.

"Did you find us yet?"

Ryu's eyes zeroed in on the cell phone. He bent down to lift it up and noticed it was set on speakerphone.

"Who is this? How did you get this in my place?"

"You will be my last kill Devlin Ryu. You're my last mission." The first voce came out again.

"WHO IS THIS?!" He roared. The first voice was muffled, a lot less clear than the second one.

A second voice came out again as laughter rung out. "You don't recognize us? More specifically me?"

Ryu took a sharp breath and his fingers gripped around the phone. It took him a second before he recognized the old, scratchy voice. " no."

The voice that he had once owned.

The voice that he had once killed.

"Hell yeah."

"No. YOU DIED! I KILLED YOU!" Ryu screamed.

"No. You killed everyone close to me. But you will not kill me. You will never kill me Ryu. Never."

Ryu slammed his fist into the wall. "How? How did you do this?"

The person on the other end ignored his words. "I'll kill you and this time, I have someone who wants you dead just as badly as I do."

It took his mind a moment to fit the pieces together before realization, shock, terror and anger hit him in the face.

He knew.

He knew exactly who the two men were.

No.

-----

"EUN AH!"

It wasn't Kris who called for her but Luhan. He barely caught her arm when she collapsed. Her face was in shock and drained of all colour.

Pedestrians screamed and ducked for cover at the crack of the bullet.

He checked her face and body and frowned when she looked unscathed until he saw her holding her arm.

He cursed under his breath. "Kris, call the ambulance. We need to get her to a hospital."

Luhan looked up and scowled when he saw Kris running away. He looked at his retreating figure in disappointment.

He looked down at the terrified girl and sighed. "Come on, let's get you inside first."

He heaved her up and moved her away, behind a store and out of the view from the store. He leaned her up against the wall and peeled her hand away from the bleeding spot.  He winced at the wound, the bullet was lodged in her arm, a steady stream of blood dripping down her arm.

"The ambulance won't be here for a while. We need to tourniquet the bullet wound. " He pulled his belt off and wrapped it as tightly as he could.

"W-who was it?" Her voice shook, barely able to register the pain out of fear. Her heart was beating so fast that it hurt her chest.

Luhan grimaced and hesitated before answering.

"If it was meant for me or Kris, the bullet would've come in the other direction, this one was meant for you. There aren't that many people that would target you, Eun Ah."

Her eyes widened and fear started to choke her. "R-Ryu?"

Luhan looked away and heard sirens approaching them. "Try not to think too much about it. You need to get help first. They're going to be really nosy since it's a gunshot wound, just tell them truth but it's probably in your best interest to leave me and Kris out of it."

Eun Ah looked at him in dazed curiosity. "Where is Kris?"

Luhan helped her walk towards the ambulance. "Somewhere."

-----

Kris's first instinct was to run towards the direction of the bullet, excitement pumping through his veins. He felt like a kid chasing after an ice cream truck.

This is it. This is my chance.

He almost felt giddy.

His feet pounded into the ground as he hysterically scanned the buildings around him, his eyes zoomed in at the rooftops for a sniper. The shot had to be from up above, but there were too many possible vantage points.

"." He muttered under his breath as he spun around. He couldn't find anyone or anything that looked out of place.

He  knew that whoever shot that bullet wasn't around any longer and he knew his chances of finding them now, were dwindling.

He lowered his gun and tucked it into his waistband. His face settled into a glare, frustrated that the shooter got away.

So close. So ing close.

He had to keep running around Seoul, chasing after these guys in hopes that one of them would lead him to Ryu.

If this is what it took to get to Ryu, Kris would shoot down every single one of them in cold blood.

He eyed the scenery one last time before turning around and stalking away. He wasn't going to let them get away again.

He'd search

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter