Chapter 44

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean Kris's gone?" Yongguk snapped as him, Eun Ah, Soo Juk and the rest of EXO M stood in the driveway.

Soo Juk kept his distance from the group and just stayed near Yongguk's car as the group conversed, watching from a far.

They had just arrived at EXO M's house only to see the members standing in the driveway with concerned looks on their faces as they stood around.

"He told us to get prepped to go infiltrate Ryu's headquarters but when we came down he was gone and he took his car too." Jongdae said as he shifted a duffle bag over his shoulder.

"We tried calling him, but he's not picking up." Minseok said while glancing at his phone.

Eun Ah scanned the four boys before frowning, "Where's Luhan?"

Tao shifted uncomfortably before sighing, "He said he didn't want to get involved. He told us to deal with it on our own and leave him out of it."

Eun Ah glanced at Yongguk who frowned, "What was Kris's plan?"

Minseok sighed, as if the question brought back unpleasant memories and rubbed the back of his neck, "He didn't really have one."

"So he was just going to go in blind?" Yongguk asked incredulously.

Jongdae rubbed his face, "He was really emotional and revved up. He just wanted to go and get her back. That was his first and only thought. We told him that we needed an actual plan and maybe some back up but he shut it down."

"And you were just going to let him do whatever?"

Tao cracked his neck, "We hoped that by the time we all were prepped he'd clam down and we could talk some sense into him but he was gone when we came down."

"Can't you trace his car?" Eun Ah asked at she glanced at the empty parking space.

"Do you guys have Kris's GPS co-ordinates?" Yongguk added.

"We don't need to. He's going to Ryu's old headquarters. That's where he tracked Alice down to."

Yongguk frowned at Yixing, "How were you able trace him?"

"I pinged the incoming call off of the nearby towers and it narrowed down to his old place."

"What call?" Eun Ah asked.

Minseok ran his fingers through his hair, "He got a call from Ryu, taunting him."

Yongguk shook his head, "Ryu wouldn't make a mistake like that. He wouldn't just lead you straight to him."

Eun Ah bit on her bottom lip, "Maybe he's slipping. He's losing control."

". That isn't good." Yongguk breathed out, "Alright, we need to hurry over there before something happens. Yixing send everyone the address and we'll head over there together. We'll go in through all the windows and doors so that we're split up and can cover more ground. I still have the old blueprints of his place from years ago, I'll send that to you guys and we'll surround them. Alright? Head out."

Everyone dispersed, getting into their assigned vehicles, leaving the three of them in the driveway. Soo Juk grinned slightly when he watched how his son ordered a group of men that weren't in his gang and led them with confidence.

Pride filled him when he saw the way EXO M looked at him, like a leader. It made him feel like he was doing right by Ah Min and Hae Yong. They left their daughter with a man who could protect her.  

He shook his head and slipped into the passenger's seat of Yongguk's car, leaving Eun Ah and Yongguk alone.

"W-wait…we need to go to Ryu's old place?" Eun Ah asked, her fingers starting to shake as she grabbed onto Yongguk's arm.

Yongguk raised his brow at her shaking voice, "Yeah, why? Is something wrong?"

Eun Ah gulped but shook her head. She didn't want to tell him that she was scared. She was scared of going back into the house and walking passed the spot where Yongguk took the bullet in the skull for her.

"N-Nothing."

She wasn't sure if she could go back and see the dried pool of his blood without passing out. Yongguk caught the vacant look in her eyes and cupped the back of her head, threading his fingers through her hair.

"Talk." He commanded, but his voice held a subtle warmth.

"You got shot last time." She whispered.

Yongguk stared at her until the memory hit. It wasn't much, but he remembered seeing her at gunpoint and running in the crossfire.

He ran his fingers through the back of her hair when he felt his heart sink. "Eu--"

"What if something happens again? I-I ca--You can't go." She said shakily.

Yongguk sighed when he saw the rest of the cars pull out of the driveway and park alongside the road, waiting for them.

"Nothing will happen. We have back up. We're going to be careful and besides, as morbid as it sounds, I'm not the target this time, Kris is." He said gently.

Eun Ah's eyes fell, still unsure, "What about Ryu? If he's there he might still try doing something to you."

Yongguk scanned her eyes and buried the growing lump down into the deep pits of his stomach. "Eun Ah Everything will be fine, don't worr--"

"NO! I'm done not worrying. Do you think that just telling me that everything is going to be fine is actually going to make me believe that? I'm sick of hearing people telling me that things are going to be okay.  Everything is not fine. Everything is pretty ed up, actually. If anything happens to you, I won't live with myself. You can't--you can't get hurt. Not again." She snapped angrily, pushing Yongguk back by the chest.

Yongguk looked taken aback by her explosion, but stayed silent as she continued to shove his chest with force.

"You can't do this. You can't risk yourself. You always say that you're okay, that everything will be fine but you and I know that, that's not true! You're not immortal and as long as Ryu is still out there, we will always have a target on our backs. You're not okay, we're in danger. We're always in danger. Why do we have to go there?" She boomed, her palms ready to push him back again.

Yongguk snatched one of her hands and placed it over his chest, right over his heart before bending down and moulding his lips with hers, cutting her rant off. He held her hand down and used his other one to cup the back of her head, pulling her closer, while he slowly moved their mouths together. He tilted his head to get a better angle as he on her bottom lip, pacing her through a dance of euphoria.

He knew now wasn't the time, but if she didn't make his mind drift to taking her to bed and making her scream his name over and over until was raw.

He traced the outline of her lips with his tongue, shivers slamming both of them as he sighed audibly. He heard her whimper as her lips moved with his, pushing up on her toes to ram into his mouth.

God she hated him right now.

She was so mad that he was playing off something as dangerous as storming Ryu's old place, probably rigged to trap them, but those ing lips were making impossible to think. She still had a ton to say to him, she wanted to tear him a new one, but all she could do was kiss him back like it was going to be the last time.

He couldn't care less that his father was a few feet away, probably acting like he couldn't see what they were doing and flicked his tongue against her lips before pulling away.

Eun Ah panted, her eyes dazed as she blinked up at him. He thunked their foreheads together and breathed heavily into while tightening his grip around her fingers.

"Hey." He called out.

Eun Ah looked up, snappishly and watched him blink at her.

"Do you feel that?" He mumbled.

Eun Ah pulled her gaze to her hand and felt her eyes widen when she felt his heart racing beneath her palm. It moved almost as fast, if not faster, than her own.

"This feeling. The speed it's racing. I never want that to stop. So don't worry, I'll never do anything to get hurt. I'll never do anything to risk everything I have with you. I love you."  He said seriously.

Suddenly a horn blared through their thoughts. Eun Ah glanced over at Yongguk's car and saw his dad in the passenger seat.

"We need to go." He called out from the window while pointing to EXO M's cars, idling by the curb.

Yongguk looked over at Eun Ah, scanning her worried features and the back of her head before kissing her on the forehead.

"I'll be fine, love."

-----

Kris could feel sweat dripping off his face as he pulled himself up onto the protruding balcony of Ryu's second floor and jumped over the railing.

He had circled the building, scanning the perimeter. There were no cameras, bodyguards or vehicles, only confirming his assumptions that the only people inside were Alice and Ryu.

He sped through so many red lights and exceeded every speed limit to get to Ryu's headquarters and he had no intentions of leaving the building without Alice in his arms.

He crouched down and hid against the side of the balcony doors. He waited a beat before peaking over his shoulder into the building.

He knew that he should've waited until the rest came, but he didn't have the time. The longer he spent not doing anything, the less of a chance he'd have to save her.

He squinted, his lips turning down when he couldn't see anything other than the contents of the empty room. He felt his phone buzz at his hip, but he ignored the notification and slowly cracked the door open, just wide enough to slip his body through.

He scanned the room he was in, his eyes darting around the vacant space. He guessed that he was in Ryu's old room.

Everything was torn apart and tossed to the point where he had to be careful not to step on any broken glass.

He moved cautiously out of the room, peeking around corners as he darted around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter