Chapter 28

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin Ho?" The man called as he walked into their apartment. He kicked his shoes off and flipped through some papers while walking through the rooms.

"Jin Ho?" He called again, noticing the eerie silence.

He looked up from his papers and noticed that the apartment was dark and empty. That was usually normal, but even if the darkness, he'd usually hear the sound of feet padding around or a shower running.

"Jin Ho? You here?" 

It was never this quiet.

"Yongguk." He tried calling again. There were times he wouldn't reply to his alias because he forgot it was his new name.

But there was still no reply back.

"Yongguk, where are you?" The man's voice raised a little, panic evident in his tone as his steps sped up. He swung open the doors to all the rooms, only to find them empty.

He grabbed his phone and dialled Yongguk's number and waited for it ring as he walked back into the man's room, looking for clues to wear he went.

Yongguk always told him when he was leaving. He wouldn't always tell the truth, but at least he knew that the boy was leaving the apartment.

A note.

A text.

A voice message.

He'd always leave something.

The phone started ringing, but it only made him frown when a small screen lit up on his mattress.

Yongguk left his phone behind.

"." He grabbed the device and scrolled through the latest calls but none of the numbers stood out.

Suddenly his actions became frantic as he turned the room upside down. He reached for the mattress and lifted it up and saw a few envelopes stacked in the middle. He picked them up and opened them up, his grip tightening with each one and his heart beating faster and faster.

Do you want to know your partner's real identity? Come to the alley behind your fiancées work place and you'll learn the truth.

The man swallowed the lump down his throat and scanned the front of the card where he saw the Devlin Clan's seal pressed on the side.

No. God, no.

-----

Eun Ah paced back in forth in front of Himchan's room nervously as she waited for either her brother or Youngjae to come out. Watson was locked in the laundry room because he wouldn't stop barking and spazzing out ever since all of them came home.

She when she found the man knocked out in the alley way her immediate reaction was to turn around and walk away. She knew what happened the last time she got involved, an entire gang came after her.  But then she remembered that if she didn't go in the alley way that night she would've never met Junhong and she would've never met B.A.P, so risking it all, she forced herself to check on the groaning man.

When she saw his face she was shocked for two reasons. The first one was because he looked more beat up than Junhong ever did. There was blood caked all over his face, dribbling down his chin and onto his clothes. It was darker around his nose and a the tips of his bangs were smeared with the red liquid as well. His face was wrecked with a black eye, swollen cheek and lip and an evident dent on the side of his head. It was gruesome and terrifying.

The second one was that it was Yongguk.

No, it was Jin Ho, the man who looked like Yongguk but wasn't actually him.  It took a minute to remind herself of that fact before she realized that he was on the brink of death. She called Himchan and hysterically told him what happened before getting him to drive over to the shop.

He brought Daehyun and the two of them lifted Jin Ho's limp, unconscious body into his car, which he lined with a plastic tarp to avoid staining, and drove them back to their house. Youngjae was already alerted because when they walked in everyone was there and Youngjae was standing at the ready.

She had no idea why Himchan had called everyone, even Jongup and Junhong back to the house, ordering them to live at the house for a while. Sure, it was a weird situation, but she didn't think it was serious enough to call in the troops.

It had been two hours and no one had heard anything from the room since. The others waited with her at first before heading to the living room, but she stayed out front, waiting to jump on Himchan for information. She started getting antsy and pressed her ear against the wooden door but could only make out a few sentences.

"He needs to go to the hospital."

"Well he can't exactly do that, now can he? Just do your best."

"Easier said than done."

"I'm not asking you to perform brain surgery, Yongjae. Just make sure he doesn't die on my bed."

She didn't hear what Yongjae said back but whatever it was, ended their conversation because she could heard Himchan walking up to the door.

She leapt back from the door as it swung open and looked over Himchan's shoulder, trying to get a glimpse into the room. Himchan slammed the door behind her and glared when she gave him a sheepish look but she didn't feel bad for eavesdropping for too long.

She had other things on her mind.

"Is he going to be okay?" She asked, her eyes flickering to the closed door.

Himchan stared her down before moving away from the door. "I'm not sure, Youngjae still has to work his magic. He was pretty messed up when you found him."

"I know." Eun Ah could remember it all vividly. She remembered the bright red against the pale skin. It was horrifying.

"Did he say anything?" She asked, trailing after her brother as he moved down the stairs.

Himchan didn't flinch and just kept his eyes forward as he responded with unadulterated sarcasm. "You mean the guy that was bashed over the head until he was unconscious? No. He didn't say anything."

"When can I go see him?"

Himchan stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned to face her incredulously. "See him? why the hell would you go to see him? Just because you made out with a stranger doesn't mean you guys are friends."

"So it really was him." She whispered to herself, but Himchan heard her clear as day.  

"What are you talking about?" He asked carefully, watching her expression.

"Jin Ho. That was Jin Ho wasn't it?" She asked excitedly. Ever since Kris's report, she started doubting herself. She wasn't sure what was the truth and if she had really seen theYongguk look-a-like for real.

But this was her chance.

Himchan paused before he sighed and turned away. "Eun Ah, I don't have time for this."

Eun Ah felt her patience start to slip. "Time for what? It's a yes or no question."

Himchan didn't reply and just walked into the kitchen.

"I still have more questions." She said while trying to keep up with him.

"I'm sure you do." He said with a tired sigh.

"Why was your gun empty when you allegedly emptied your gun into Sung Wok?" She grabbed his arm and yanked him around.  "Why did I find a bag of meth in Yongguk's office and HOW THE HELL DID YONGGUK MAKE SO MUCH ING MONEY?"

"Keep your ing voice down." Himchan snapped at her with so much ferocity that she stumbled back a few steps, her eyes wide.

Himchan's eyes flickered briefly in guilt before they hardened over. He couldn't be soft on her, not with what was on the line and not with the fact that the man she loved and thought had died was laying just a few feet away, on the brink of actual death.

"You brought him here, even when I told you to leave him where he was, you demanded that we bring him to this house. I told you that we could jsut call the police or drop him off in front of the hospital but you said no. I'm doing you this ffavour by letting him stay, but you better not ing push it because there is only so much I'll put up with." 

Eun Ah gulped nervously and looked down at her feet. She felt like a kid getting scolded but she had nothing to say back to him in her defense. He was right. They didn't have to bring him, but they did, only because she had demanded them too. 

"You've been hanging out with Kris." He stated abruptly.  

Eun Ah's eyes widened in disbelief as she looked up at him. "Jesus, have you have following me?"

Himchan's face darkened. "I thought I told you to stay away from him."

Eun Ah looked away. She wasn't exactly running around frolicking with Kris, but that didn't mean Himchan could just tell her not to if she wanted.

If he wasn't going to give her any real reason to stay away from Kris, why should she? She was old enough to make her own decisions.

She was sick of people telling her what to do, ordering her around like a puppet without giving her any reason.

"I thought that until you tell me why I shouldn't hang out with him, I'll do what I want."

Himchan rubbed his face, "Eun A--"

"Just tell me why. It's not that hard. Just give me one good reason not to hang out with Kris and I'll do it. But if you're going to keep being secretive about everything, then I'll have to judge Kris's character on my own."

Himchan looked at her and gulped. She looked so much like the fading picture of his parents that it sometimes scared him. For his whole life his parents were just a figment of his imagination, but seeing Eun Ah in front of him made it so real.

He had realized a long time ago that just having his sister was enough. He didn't need anything more. He didn't need to be selfish.

"He--He's just not…I'm sorry. I just don't trust him. I've known him for a lot longer than you have so I know. I know that you shouldn't be anywhere around him."

Eun Ah shook her head, "Is it because of Alice and Luhan, because I already know about that."

Himchan didn't seem surprised. "And you still want to be around him."

Eun Ah frowned, "I don't know. But all I know that I should be able to come to that conclusion myself…without your influence. Kris was wrong with what he did. But I know that he cares about Luhan a lot. Kris would protect the people he cares about with everything. I know it."

Himchan watched her before shaking his head in disapproval. It seemed like Kris was being an even bigger pain that he thought. He didn't like that Kris was only telling Eun Ah the parts of his past that he wants to tell her.

And not the whole, uncensored truth.

"You don't know anything Eun Ah."

-----

"What the hell is this?" Kris's eye brow flinched as Luhan slammed the bottle of pills down on his desk. The two of them had not spoken to each other in so long that Kris was legitimately curious what he had done that finally got the older male to talk to him.

"What do you want?" Kris asked, his voice edgy. He had things to do and he couldn't exactly do them when Luhan was bursting into his room like he owned the damn place.

"It's been two weeks and you haven't even opened your prescription yet." Kris knew that Luhan was furious because Mandarin just flowed off his tongue in his signature quiet tone.

"So?" Kris replied, leaning back on his chair, eyeing the bottle.

Luhan balked incredulously, "So? So, you can’t be off your meds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter