Chapter 5

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah hadn't seen Himchan for the rest of the day. The house was dead silent and she was pretty sure that meant that he was out, meeting with Woon.

Again.

She slipped out of her room and made her way back down the stairs to the kitchen. The sun had already study and she was positive that it was well into the night. She didn't really feel time pass when she was drunk. She had finished her bottle of whisky and was already feeling parched.

She needed more.

And maybe a few extra to hide around the room. She found that the last few hours she spent drunk, was the best few hours. Her brain didn't spend too much time lingering on Yongguk.

She stopped missing him because her mind didn't feel connected to the rest of herself.

She scowled when she stopped in front of the cabinet of bottles.

It was empty.

Not a single bottle remained.

She knew she drank a lot but she was sure that she didn't consume enough to empty out the cabinet. She would've noticed if she did.

That only meant one thing.

Himchan got rid of all the bottles.

Eun Ah frowned and opened the fridge. All the cold cans of beer were gone too. He cleaned the whole house out.

Eun Ah's eyebrow twitched and she felt her fists curling. He had no right to take that away from her. He had no right to take away the thing that was keeping her afloat.

He took away her only solace and it pissed her off.

Didn't she have enough taken away from her already?

If he wanted to help her so badly he could've stayed out of her business and let her deal with it herself.

He didn't have to watch her sink and drown.

She was 28 years old. She was well past an adult, he had no right to control her. She was in charge of her own life.

She scanned the empty kitchen and felt her skin heating up at memories of cozy breakfasts with Yongguk. He'd be hunched over with a mug of coffee, making fun of something she did in her sleep the night before.

This wasn't good.

She was sobered up and it was scaring her.

She needed to find a way to fix it.

She jogged up the stairs and grabbed one of Yongguk's white button downs. She tucked it into a pair of jeans and tied her hair up, trying to hide the fact that she hadn't washed it in days.

She grabbed her keys and wallet and headed for the front door.

Himchan wanted her to go on with her life?

He wanted her to get out of the house?

Fine.

She'd do exactly that.

11:11PM

Be careful what you wish for.

-----

Exotic.

That was the name of the bar.

Eun Ah stepped out of her car and stared up at the platinum sign on the expensive looking building. It was apparently the highest end bar in Seoul.

She didn't know of many other bars other than Club Siren and she was pretty sure that she wasn't welcomed there.

She tugged on Yongguk's shirt, feeling slightly underdressed when she saw the girls strutting past her in tight, sparkly dresses.

No one wore jeans there except her. But she didn't come here to look pretty. She came to get blackout drunk.

She walked into the building and was immediately comforted by the dim lighting and sound of music gently pumping in the background. People mingled and dance on the floor and  chatting in the lounge.

It was a nice place, a mix between classy and dirty. It was the type of place where you'd need to really dress up but wasn't above having in the bathroom.

Fancy and sleazy.

She scanned the room until she found the bar. She walked up to the counter and slid into the bar stool, placing her bag on her lap. The bartender had his back turned to her, but it gave her a chance to absorb the rows of shelves filled with different coloured bottles of booze.

It was filled with foreign brands that she had never heard alongside bottles that she had emptied out in her bedroom a few nights ago.

She her lips in anticipation.

As if he sensed her presence, the man turned around and smiled at her. He had a buttoned shirt, with his sleeves rolled up and a thin tie, loosely slung around his neck.

He had a baby face that still looked mature, with bright, narrow eyes that lit up, like he knew a secret. His smile was gummy and his brown hair was spiked up.

"Pick your poison, doll." He said when he noticed her eyeing the bottles behind him.

She raised her eyebrows and spun the ring on her finger in anxiety. "Doll?" She asked with a snort.

His eyes flashed to her ring finger before something unreadable flickered in his eyes. He smirked and flung a small white towel over his shoulder.

"Sorry, sometimes the flirty charm gets hard to turn off."

Her eyes lingered on the bottles before she focused on him, "Is that what you learned at bartending school?"

He smiled and pulled a frosted glass from the freezer, "Yeah, that and how to tell when a girl really wants a drink and doesn't know how to ask."

Eun Ah narrowed her eyes at him. She felt herself twitch at his cocky attitude. It reminded her of Himchan.

Stupid human moral pillar.

"Just fill it with vodka."

The bartender raised his eyebrows as he lifted the bottle. "You want to cut it with something?"

She shook her head and stared at her fingers, blankly. "Just give it to me straight."

The man stared at her before pouring her a glass. He pushed it towards her and watched her kick back half the glass in one shot.

"Something on your mind?" He asked while wiping down the counter.

"What makes you think that?" She asked as she closed her eyes, letting the liquid burn down .

"When someone comes in here, dressed like that, chugging alcohol as fast as you just did, it's because something's wrong."

Eun Ah fiddled with Yongguk's shirt, feeling defensive. She liked the shirt she was wearing. It was the shirt she had bought Yongguk one year as a gift. He said it was his favourite one. "Dressed like me?"

The man smirked and leaned back, "Like they don't expect to get laid."

Eun Ah rolled her eyes and emptied the rest of the glass in before tapping it against the counter for a refill.

He obeyed and topped her off again. Eun Ah took another gulp before slowly replying.

Silence had its way of making people talk.

"Lost someone important to me." She said bluntly with watery eyes.

The man watched her for a while before he realized that she wasn't going to continue. "I lost something important once, too. My dog, Boss. He was my best friend until I was 15. He got hit by a car on the road. He survived but was in really condition.  His days were numbered. At 15 I had to make the decision to put my dog down."

Eun Ah blinked at the man with a uncomfortable look on her face. "Wow, just emptying your purse out, right here on the table, huh?"

The man didn't seem offended by her comment and opened a different bottle to fill Eun Ah's cup with.

"Just want you to know that everyone's lost someone important once in their life."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter