Chapter 43

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk pressed Eun Ah against the kitchen counter as he devoured , his lips moving seductively against hers.

He was is no rush as he dragged his teeth against her lips before on her tongue. He was like that, ever since Eun Ah told him that she loved him.

They were like teenagers in the honeymoon phase.

They were always tangled up in each other.

The two of them would toss away their responsibilities just to kiss breathlessly with their hearts racing and blushes raging.

It was 6 months worth of longing crammed in the span of one week.

Doing laundry? He'd kick the door shut with his foot and kiss her against the washing machine with the smell of detergent in the air.

Watching TV? She'd mute it and reach for his warmth.

Trying to read? He'd slip the book out her hands, using his mouth as a distraction.

Working in the study? She'd climb over his lap and never let go.

Trying to fall asleep? Ha. Good luck.

"Yongguk." Eun Ah breathed out between their lips.

Yongguk barely acknowledged her as his fingers ran down her back and slid around her waist. It always left him with shivers when he  kissed her. It was like his mind was a mess of blood rushing through his veins and his heart pumping in his brain.

After 6 months, it was like he was re-assimilating to her.

Even Eun Ah couldn't protest for long. Soon her own hands came around his neck and her toes pushed up to mesh their lips together better. There was something so strong and masculine about him that made her just hold him tighter.

They were both creeping to their thirties in a few years but it felt like young love.

"I'm in love with you." He barely whispered before catching her lips again.

She never doubted that for a second.

Especially since she loved him back, twice as strong.

Eun Ah's eyes widened before they turned up into crescents. She ran her fingers through the hair on the back of his head as he pressed himself closer to her.  

He groaned against her lips and hugged her tighter. She felt like she was made of waves of honey. He had no idea how he stayed away from her for so long.

She was liquid fire.

"Your phone is ringing." She said quickly when he kissed her neck, poking his tongue out on her collarbone.

"Forget it." He mumbled, his deep, bass voice vibrating down as his lips brushed down the column of her neck, making her arch out.

She hummed in delight, her eyes closing when she heard it buzz again. "Yongguk. Just pick it up."

She felt him sigh before he straightened and moulded their lips together. He opened his eyes and waited until hers forced open and locked their eyes together.

Then, with the darkest, richest, look he had, he pulled away, dragging his teeth slowly against her bottom him, watching as a blush screamed across her face.

She was going to forget her own name if he kept doing that to her.

"Fine." He mumbled while reaching for his phone.

Eun Ah laughed breathily and heaved herself up on the counter while staring at his back.

It amazed her.

Not just that he was back in her arms.

But the fact that he ever played such an important part of her life.

She was a burnt out 26 year old, working at a ramen restaurant going nowhere in life with only Halmoni to call her family.

Now she had everything.

She had a home filled with love and happiness.

She had a brother who she couldn't stand 67% of the time.

She had friends who were like younger siblings.

And she had Yongguk.

How?

"What?" Yongguk barked into the phone. She watched in amusement as he listened to the person on the other line.

"For 's sake, Himchan, if the dog was giving you so much damn trouble, why didn't you just drop it back off at our house?"

Eun Ah's laugh caught Yongguk's attention making him turn to face her. His face softened before it scrunched up in annoyance at Himchan.

"Everything's fine. I sort of worked it out. We're okay, but I don't know how often I'll be seeing him." He leaned against the counter and flickered his eyes up at her.

"Me and her? We're great Himchan. What can I say? I love your sister more than I love you. I'd throw you away in a second for her."

Eun Ah laughed when she heard Himchan yelling on the other line.

"Well it's not my fault that I like her more than you. And shut the up about Watson, you didn't have to keep the dog for all this time. My dad left the house that day. You kept the thing for a week more than you had to." Yongguk snapped.

Eun Ah stretched her hand out and Yongguk walked towards her, handing her the phone before spreading her legs and standing between them while hugging her waist, burying his nose in her neck.

"Bull, Himchan. You secretly love Watson, don't you?"

Himchan snorted, "Not me. Two of the guys on my team lives the floor below me and they come over and fawn over the damn mutt."

"See? There you go again. I bet those 'guys' are your best friends. Dong Chul and Chin Hwae, right? But you act like you don't love them, when you'd probably take a bullet for them. You seriously have a problem expressing your feelings, brother-brother, we need to find you a girl. A girl that you'll love so much that you'll call me and say that you love her more than Yongguk." Eun Ah said arrogantly, grinning when she felt Yongguk laugh in her neck.

Himchan groaned in annoyance, "Where's your husband?"

" husband is here. I normally go by Yongguk, but I'm really digging husband." Yongguk chortled after taking the phone from Eun Ah.

"You two are a damn pair of lunatics. I take it back, I don't approve of this marriage." Himchan grumbled, the sound of Watson barking in the background.

"Like you really have any say in it."

"Listen here, I'm her bro--"

"We'll talk to you later, Himchan." Yongguk ended the call and slid his phone across the counter, before capturing Eun Ah's lips again.

If only he held onto the phone a little longer, he wouldn't have missed that call.

INCOMING CALL

LUHAN

-----

Ryu stared at his empty room with a broken smile.

It was all falling apart.

He was falling apart.

He had nothing.

Allies? None.

Connections? None.

Plans? None.

All he had were 3 guns, a knife and half a bottle of scotch.

Actually, no.

He had plans, but they all rotated around Yumi, the only person that he still had in his corner. She was the key component.

And then she vanished.

She ran away to deal with her own enemies, leaving him out to dry, to be her scapegoat.

She used him before he could use her.

He was never the scapegoat.

But he was abandoned.

It was ironic because he chose to play dumb, when in reality he knew everything about Yumi. He knew who she was and what she wanted and why she stuck around him.

He knew she was a flight risk.

He knew and he was still the one who got screwed.

But then Alice came back.

This is getting fun, now.

His grin got bigger and more crooked as he started to laugh to himself. He looked down at the floor where a knife was lain and picked it up by the blade.

He wrapped his palm around it and pressed down while his laughing got more hysterical. Blood dripped down his arm as he watched the dark liquid splatter on the cement.

He could still remember his call to Yifan.

He wondered if the man was still off his meds.

I hope he is.

It was almost too much fun watching him drown himself in his sorrows for 10 years only to be given a second chance that would be taken away from him again just a few days later.

It depends on your definition of 'second chance.'

And now he knew that Yifan would throw caution to the wind and act before thinking. It was one of the qualities that he hated the most about Yifan and was one of the reasons that he appreciated Yongguk.

He could acknowledge a brilliant mind and Yongguk was that.

All it took was Alice to reappear and disappear for the Chinese man to lose it.

It was almost too easy.

He was wondering when she'd make an appearance.

He waiting, watching her, curious to why she stayed hidden all this time. He wondered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter