Chapter 10

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for meeting up with me." Eun Ah said timidly as she wrapped her hands around a cup of coffee. Watson was asleep on top of her feet. They were seated on the outside patio of the café, the late summer breeze warming her.

Woon smiled and stirred cream into his mug. "Of course. It's not problem."

One of the few things that Woon had learned as a cop was how to hold a poker face. He was impossible to read.

"How are you…coping?"

Eun Ah looked away, trying to push away the heaviness in her chest. "Well, you know."

Woon sighed, "I'm so sorry Eun Ah. I-I can't even fathom what you've been going through. I wish I could do something."

"You could find out how this happened." She didn't mean to sound blunt, but it would be a lie if she said that Woon was being helpful. After so long she still had no clue how the accident happened.

There was no way that Yongguk would be that reckless on the road, especially when he was on the way to his wedding.

Woon didn't flinch, but he looked away, "I'm trying to do everything I can, but it's difficult to do anything about it. The evidence points towards this being an accident. It's hard for the department to look into it when it was just a car accident. The case is open and shut."

Eun Ah frowned, not satisfied with his answer. "Are you joking?! There's no way that he just drove off a cliff on accident."

"I don't know what to tell you. There was no evidence of tampering with the car, and the body," Woon looked away, "the body had no signs of pre-mortem damage or intoxication. He probably swerved off the cliff trying to avoid hitting another car or an animal."

"Do you believe that?" Eun Ah asked sharply.

"What?" Woon's grip tightened around his cup.

"Do you believe that he just drove off? Be honest. You know him. You know what he's capable of, would he really just…do that?"

"No, he wouldn't. But this was an accident. A freak accident. Yo-You need to accept that in order to move on."

"I don't want to move on!" Eun Ah slammed her fist on the table and ignored the other customers glancing at her table.  

Watson perked his head up and looked at Eun Ah who was trying to regulate her breathing. "S-sorry." She mumbled.

Woon gave her a sad smile before shaking his head, "Don't worry about it. I know your upset  and I'll see what I can do about the case."

"Thank you." She said gratefully before staring at her coffee. Silence hung between them as Watson settle back to his nap but he nipped at her feet first, as if scolding her for getting angry.

"How well do you know Yongguk?" Woon asked, his eyes still pinned off to the side.

Eun Ah jerked her head up with a frown. "What do you mean?"

"You two have known each other for three years, how much do you know from before then?"

"Well, I know about the stuff about how he worked with my dad right up until he died." She replied quietly. "Speaking of him…did you hear back? D-Do you know if he's…alive?" She whispered the last word.

He sighed and stared into her nervous eyes, "I'm sorry Eun Ah, I think I was wrong. I don't think your dad is alive. I think it might've just been a reporter interested about the case."

Eun Ah closed her eyes and let the information sink in. She took a deep breath and tried to hold her tears in as she tried to ignore the disappointment in her heart.

"But, back to Yongguk."

She peeled her eyes open in annoyance and stared at Woon. "What about him?"

"Have you ever wondered how B.A.P had all that money without a steady job or form of income?"

Eun Ah raised her brow, she didn't like the tone in Woon's voice. She thought that he liked Yongguk, Himchan and the rest of the members, but she could hear the accusatory lilt.

That being said, sure, she was curious every now and then how Yongguk seemed to be able to buy anything in the world without blinking an eye, but she never thought that much into it. She figured that he had been saving up since he was a younger.

And truth be told, he never gave her a straight answer any time she'd ask.

"Don't you pay him for the work he does for you?" She snapped back.

"That's true, but the amount I pay doesn't pay for all those cars and all the houses they own."

"Maybe Jiyong's helped him out."

Woon nodded thoughtfully, "That's a plausible idea."

"Why do you care so much?" She asked sharply.

Woon shrugged, "Just wanted to pick  your brain a little. It's kind of unknown how B.A.P is funded. It's one of the best kept secrets in the underground world. And secrets are very hard to keep down there."

Eun Ah frowned, "So what are you saying? That they're robbing banks in their free time?"

Woon shook his head quickly, "I'm not saying anything like that, but I just want you to know that there's a lot that you don't know about Yongguk."

"What about you? You don't know how either." She said defensively, not wanting to look stupid for knowing such little about her fiancée.

"I have a few ideas myself, but I only recently learned the truth."

Eun Ah's eyes widened but she quickly scowled. "Well then, spit it out already."

Woon took a sip of his coffee before calmly looking at her, "Now isn't the time."

"Now is the time? I'm his fiancée and he's dead!" She hissed, tears pooling in her eyes, "Do you really feel the need to keep something from me now?"

"You'll find out soon enough, Eun Ah. It's not my story to tell."

Eun Ah laugh was empty, "So it's Yongguk's? You want me to wait until he's reincarnated before knowing the truth? You're really that selfish?"

"Eun Ah I know he's gone bu--"

"Don't you think this isn't fair? This is just like what you did about my parents, how are you able to withhold information so easily? Don't you owe me? Don't I deserve better?"

"I'm sorry." He said defeated, but he made no attempt to give her any answers.

Eun Ah scoffed and shook her head. She couldn't believe him. Even after all he had put her through, he was still holding back.

God, I hate you so much.

But then again, if she was a good fiancée, she would've known this information already instead of having to hear it from someone else.  

"Has there ever been a time when he was acting weird around you?" Woon asked abruptly.

Eun Ah paused, trying to rein her emotions back in. It looked like Woon was keeping secrets of his own and it was starting to scare her. It reminded her of when he told her the truth about her parents and Himchan.

"Weird?" She repeated, her voice trembling.

"Like…secretive?"

Eun Ah was about to laugh in his face, incredulous that Yongguk might have tried keeping something from her all this time on purpose.

But suddenly she felt doubt creep up .

"It's so pretty." Eun Ah whispered as her and the rest of B.A.P lounged on the beach with fireworks exploding above their heads.

She was sitting on the blanket, in between Yongguk's legs, leaning against his chest. His chin was pressed on top of her head with his arms wrapped around her.

Yongguk didn't answer but she felt a kiss being pressed to the top of her head. He looked over and saw Junhong, Yongjae and Jongup tossing a Frisbee off to the side. Yongmi was laying down on Daehyun's lap watching the fireworks but the boy was more interested in staring at her, combing her hair out with a smitten smile on his face. Yongguk had no idea how he didn't notice anything between those two until they spelled it out for him.

Everyone was there except Himchan.

Yongguk felt his chest lighten knowing that Jongup, Yongjae and Junhong only stressed about school and work now. He felt better knowing that the only danger Yongmi would ever be in was Daehyun's hormones but he knew that she'd put him in his place.

They were all grown up.

He was so close but so far.

He moved his chin to Eun Ah's shoulder, tilting his head against her neck and closed his eyes. She was always so soft that he loved holding her which was what he'd tried to do any chance that he'd get.

It scared him, how much he loved her. How much someone like him could love. It scared him but made him feel shamelessly alive too.

He felt her shift and opened his eyes to see her head turned towards him. He silently scanned her eyes and softened when he saw the concern.

He absolutely adored how she was always worried about him.

"Are you tired?" She whispered softly.

He shook his head and kissed her cheek before closing his eyes again, her scent mixed wonderfully with the salty ocean breeze.

She stared at him, the fireworks illuminating his face. "What's wrong?"

He didn't flinch but he tightened his grip and pulled her closer to him as if she would disappear.

"Nothing." He mumbled close to her ear. She stared at him but when he made no move to continue talking, she just sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter