Chapter 41

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[DOUBLE UPDATE GO BACK ONE CHAPTER.]

Yongguk had taken Eun Ah all over the city.

They ate lunch, went to a drive in movie and he even bought her flowers and chocolate as the sun slowly started to set.

"One last stop." He said with a smile as he pulled up to a modern looking building.

Eun Ah got out of the car and stared up the building as Yongguk shuffled around in the backseat, pulling a bag out.

"What is this place?"

Yongguk grinned as he locked the door and came up beside her. "It's a surprise."

He led her towards the door with a secretive smile. She watched, suspiciously as the security guard winked at Yongguk as he opened the back entrance for them.

He stopped when they were in front of a door, chlorine filling Eun Ah's nostrils. He stepped behind her and covered her eyes with his hands while leading her forward, his warm chest, pressed against her back as a reminder that he was still there.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a laugh when she heard him kick the door open.

"Are you ready?" She could hear the smile in his voice.

Eun Ah nodded, her heart beating in excitement as he slowly removed his hands, letting her eyes adjust to the dark.

"Oh my God." She gasped with a laugh as she stared at the scene in front of her.

It was huge infinity swimming pool but it wasn't just filled with water. It was filled with water and hundreds of multi coloured glowsticks. It was the only source of light in the dark pool and she couldn't help but bounce on her heels.

"This is amazing." She whispered.

Yongguk chuckled and held out a paper bag. "Get changed. We're going for a swim."

-----

Eun Ah was wearing a tank top and a  pair of shorts when she met Yongguk in front of the change room. He was standing with his shirt off and a pair of swim trunks, but instead of admiring his form, her lips turned down with what the glowsticks illuminated.

Scars.

Everywhere.

She gulped, unease settling in her stomach as she saw the cuts and stitches all over his sides. She ignored his inquisitive stare and walked up to him.

Her hand reached out and brushed over the long cut on his side.  Her eyes started to glaze and her voice cracked.

"What happened?"

Yongguk grabbed her hand and squeezed her fingers. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine. A little roughed up, but alive."

"Yong--"

"I'm here with you, aren't I? Then I'll be okay." He said before smiling.

She was about to launch into another worried rant when he suddenly shook his head. "This won't do."

"Wha-YONGGUK!" She screamed when he bent down and heaved her over his shoulder.

"I mean, I know you're stubborn, but only you would spend more time worrying over a few little cuts than enjoy a date with me." He said dramatically as he lowered himself into the pool.

"Yahhhh! Put me down." She nagged, slapping his back.

She regretted the words the minute they left because she knew that as much as she loved Yongguk, he was the biggest piece of when he wanted to be.

"If you say so, Hwang." And like that, he dumped her into the water filled with glowsticks, patiently waiting until she bursted through the water, sputtering like an idiot.

She grabbed a handful of the glowsticks and threw them at him as she pushed her wet hair off  her face. Yongguk only laughed as her eyes narrowed while she wadded towards him.

The two of them completely lost themselves as they wrestled each other in the water. Yongguk took every chance to lift her up and throw her into the water, screaming, while Eun Ah took every chance to climb on his back and dunk his head in.

"You're going to die. I'm going to kill you." She threatened while jumping on his back.

Yongguk snorted and easily peeled her off and tossed her in the air. "Whatever you say, princess."

Finally, the two were breathless laughing as they cut through the water.  Eun Ah's eyes stayed pinned on the glowing water, that even after swimming for an hour, still amazed her.

"I've missed you so much." Yongguk called out behind her.

She turned, her back pressed against the side of the pool and saw him slick his hair back as he swam towards her.

"I miss being around you and just having fun with you. It feels like it's been ages."

Eun Ah had to agree. When he was gone, it was like everything lost colour and she couldn't find the energy to enjoy her life and even after he came back things were tense and serious.

It had felt like centuries since she's felt that so carefree.

"I missed you too. I missed seeing you smile." She said as he came up to her.

He leaned his hands on either side of her, against the pool, but kept a distance between their bodies.

"I never want this to stop." He whispered.

He had spent such a large portion of his life being serious and heavy hearted. He didn't know that he would ever get the luxury to live life like this.

He didn't think he could be so continuously happy until he met her. He desperately wanted his life to always stay this happy.

She made him feel normal.

"Then don't let it end." She could smell the chlorine off of his skin.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked abruptly.

"Anything."

"Why did you go through so much trouble for tonight? You really didn't have to do any of this. I would've been thrilled with just dinner." It was something that had been on her mind.

"I wanted to give you everything that you couldn't have before." His eyes stayed pinned to her tattoo, peaking out of her tank top strap.  

"You lost your parents at 16 and had to grow up and be an adult with two jobs when you should've been in school with friends. I-I know it wasn't overly romantic, but I wanted you to do all the things that you missed out on as a kid. You never went skating, you never played in a pool, you never went on a date with a boy who gave you flowers with chocolates and you never went to a drive in. I wanted to give that all to you."

Eun Ah immediately wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly.  "Thank you."

She was so thankful that she had someone as caring and loving as him in her life. He didn't just do typical things for her that any man could. He did things to make her happy.

His arms came around her protectively, "Anything for you."

"Then can I ask you for one more favour?"

Yongguk could tell by the timid tone in her voice that she was going to ask him for something that he wasn't going to like. "What is it?"

"Give your dad a chance."

He pulled away and took a step back. "Hwang." His voice was firm but she didn't care as she re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter