Chapter 25

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah sat stiffly on the edge of her bed, staring blankly at the wall while Watson curled on her lap. Her hand absentmindedly his hair while her mind drifted back to Jin Ho.

It had been a week since she had last seen him but she still couldn't shake him out of her mind. Himchan remained unresponsive when she ever brought him up and would brush her off, telling her to stop thinking about someone who wasn't Yongguk, but she couldn't. He kept saying that Jin Ho looked nothing like Yongguk, but she had seen the look in his eyes when he saw the blonde stranger, so she knew the truth.

He looked identical and it didn't seem possible.

Yongguk didn't have any twins so what were the chances that someone that looked like a copy could exist, unless the whole theory of how everyone having a doppelganger was true.  

She thought of the hope she suddenly felt in her heart and when she saw him across the street, like in some parallel universe, he'd still be alive and she'd get him back.

And then her mind started drifting into dangerous territory.

How would it feel if Yongguk just appeared at the door, alive?

Her body quivered and her heart was beating so fast that she could barely collect her thoughts to figure out what she'd do. But almost as quickly as the thoughts entered her mind, she shook them off. It wasn't safe for her to be wishful thinking. God, she wished she didn't run into Jin Ho because now it felt like she was back at square one.

If there was only a way for her to find out something, anything about him to reaffirm the fact that he wasn't Yongguk.

Suddenly an idea struck her and she jolted out of the room and raced to the study. She didn't think twice and flung the door open and raced to Yongguk's desk. Watson was squealing and whining as he chased after her, annoying that she jolted him out of his nap.

He sat by the door for a while, slowly sniffing the air as he surveyed the room. Eun Ah never let Watson into the room, whenever she wanted to spend time in there, she'd closed the door on her pup for some privacy.

He cautiously trotted into the room and sniffed around while Eun Ah yanked the desk drawers open.

She was in such a rush that she barely felt the nostalgia and the muscle numbing heartbreak as she searched for something in particular. Normally getting herself to take one step was painful but in this moment she couldn't remember any of it.

Bingo.

Eun Ah pulled out Yongguk's laptop and set it on the table in front of her before smoothing her palms over the top. She took a deep breath and opened it while Watson busied himself by exploring the contents of the room.

She powered on the computer and watched it turn on and load. She didn't really know what she was expecting but she was hoping that maybe she could learn about Jin Ho, find out who he was, what he did for a living and maybe, if she was lucky, where he lived.

It's wasn't like she wanted to stalk him or anything, but maybe she could go and see him and talk to him and apologize for the way she acted. She was hoping that if she got to get to know him, she could see the difference between him and Yongguk and she could be sure that it wasn't him.

She knew that logically, it wasn't Yongguk, but it would ease her mind if she could see it for herself.  She glanced up to check on Watson and noticed him harmlessly sniffing one of Yongguk's cabinets, he was taking a lot longer to adjust to a new surrounding than he normally did.

The laptop chimed, grabbing her attention when the page faded to grey, asking her to input a password.

Ahhh, .

She bit her tip and tap her fingers on the table as she thought of what he would use as his password. He wasn't someone to do something simple like his name backwards or his birthday, but that left an infinite amount of possibilities. 

She cracked her fingers and got to work.

She typed in his social security number, Yongmi's birthday, her own birthday and everything else she could think of but none of it worked.

Hwang

Eun Ah.

Hwang Eun Ah.

Bang Eun Ah

Princess.

Love.

Eun Ah cleared awkwardly, feeling a little egoistical thinking that he's use her name in his password. She didn't have to be in every aspect of his life and it would probably be really easy for anyone to hack into his account if his password was related to her.

She was lucky no one was around to see her cocky attempts.

She looked around his desk, hoping to find some clue to his password. She flipped through some pages and folders looking for something that stood out until she came across a small neon sticky note stuck to the base of one of the drawers.

140802

She stared at the combination of numbers completely lost and she couldn't find any significance but it was worth a shot.

She typed the password in and let out a sigh of relief when the laptop let out a chime as the screen changed to Yongguk's desktop.

It was set to the default wallpaper and there was barely anything save on his desktop. It was the strangest thing. She swore she had seen him work on old case files in the past and the times when he'd drag her onto his lap and work with her on top of him, she'd see his desktop filled with dozens of different files and folders.

It would basically take over the whole screen which was why he said he didn't bother setting a wallpaper since he couldn't see it under all of his saved documents. But now, when she was looking at the screen, there was nothing but the default icons.

His recycling bin, his document folder, his downloads and every other folder she clicked on was empty as well. It was as if the whole hard drive was whipped clean without a single trace of use. She frowned and clicked the internet browser only to get the same results.

The history and bookmarked pages were all gone in fact, if it wasn't for the one single bookmarked page, she would've been certain that the browser had been re-downloaded.

Seoul Police Department Database.

That was the only piece of evidence she had that proved that this was the same computer that Yongguk used before. That and the fact that the password still worked.

But she wondered why after someone meticulously wiped the computer clean, this one page was left logged in.

She couldn't say that she wasn't glad, In fact, she was lucky that Woon's accounted was still logged in because  this was  what she pulled the laptop out for and it wasn't like she knew the password on her own.

And she doubted that she'd get so lucky that Yongguk would've felt the need to keep a sticky of this password too.

She ignored all the past weirdness for the time being and just focused on what she had come for. She clicked on the search bar and cracked her fingers before typing away.

Kang Jin Ho.

She clicked enter and waited patiently as the screen loaded. This was her only hope. She didn't have a lot of connections, she was just a normal civilian, if she wanted to get information about a man only based on his name, this was the only real chance she had.

There would be countless numbers of Kang Jin Ho's in Korea, it's not exactly a unique name which meant that Goggling him wouldn't really be very useful.

2, 394 Results Found.

"Oh my God." Eun Ah groaned as she started shiftin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter