Chapter 17

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah whimpered when she felt the barrel of Sung Wok's gun dig into her jaw. He herded Daehyun, Yongmi, Kris and Luhan to the corner of the room and stood in front of them.

Daehyun glanced uneasily at the upper level when he realized that Himchan and whoever else was up there would have a harder time getting a shot at Sung Wok.

"What do you want?" Kris barked.

Sung Wok chuckled, "World peace."

"We're being serious." Luhan hissed.

"Fine. I want to take Mrs.Bang here, and drive off without any of you following or coming after us."

"That's not happening." Yongmi said, her steel gaze.

Sung Wok gave her a look, "You're not really in the position to be making demands, are you?"

"I know you're working for Ryu, so just drop the act." Kris snapped back.

Himchan scoffed from up top but Jin Ho just felt his eyes twitch in irritation at the tall blonde. "Why does he keep bringing up Ryu?"

The older man just watched silently, a canister tightly held in his hand, waiting for his time to strike. "He's seeing what he wants too. He wants Ryu to be involved so he can face him, himself. Even when it's obvious that it has nothing to do with Ryu."

Sung Wok laughed, "I'm not exactly working for him, just yet, but I wouldn't turn down a job offer."

"Why do you even want her?" Kris demanded.

"I thought I'd make a little trade with Ryu. Considering that I have something he wants. Or rather someone. I wonder how much he'd pay to have her." He said mockingly.

Kris laughed dryly, "Yeah right, we're not letting you make a deal with anyone. If you want to meet up with Ryu, you'll be bringing us with you straight to him."

"The is he doing?" Jin Ho growled from his vantage point.  

Sung Wok smirked, "Of course, you probably don't want anything to happen to her, not while you're busy trying to replace her husband."

Himchan glanced up across from him and saw Jin Ho tense, his fingers gripping the gun tight until his knuckles turned white.

Kris's eyes set ablaze when he felt Sung Wok's words slap him across the face. How ing dare he talk to him like that. Kris hated that some filthy second rate gangster was disrespecting him. He wanted to just launch straight at him, but with Eun Ah in the way, it would be too risky.  

Eun Ah felt anger filling her core at Sung Wok's comment. Who the hell did he think he was? Talking like he knew what she had been through. He had no right to talk about her marriage, her husband.

It infuriated her.

Luhan didn't speak and just watched the mirage of emotions run across her face until it hardened into something that even shocked him.

Eun Ah slowly pulled the small switch blade she had stolen from before she had first escaped and flicked it open. All four of their eyes flickered down at the blade before looking back up at her in surprise.

Knife vs gun was never an even fight.

Himchan caught the glint from the blade as light reflected on it and smirked. That was his little sister for you, she didn't have the patience to wait for someone to save her when she could just do it herself.

She was raised well.

He opened his mouth to whisper Eun Ah's plan to the other two, but it seemed like they already caught on when he heard one of them mumble something under their breath.

"That's my girl."

Himchan shook his head with a small smile and aimed his gun at Sung Wok's head.

"There's one thing that you forgot to do." Luhan said with an evil smirk when he saw Eun Ah reposition the knife over Sung Wok's gut.

"And what's that?" Sung Wok asked sarcastically.

"You should've checked Eun Ah for a weapon first."

Eun Ah took his cue and lifted her hand up before slamming it into his stomach. Sung Wok let out a loud scream as he loosened his grip on her to clutch his side. She elbowed him in the nose before pushing away from him.

Eun Ah ran towards Daehyun just as something flew through the air. She furrowed her brows just as smoke started spurting out of it.

A smoke grenade? Again?

It was just like the one that she saw at Ryu's place. It was the time when she thought she saw Jinbum.

She started coughing when the smoke went up her face when suddenly a hand dragged her down. She looked over her shoulder and saw Kris gripping her arms with his t-shirt over his mouth and nose.

Almost on cue, gun shots went off, drilling into Sung Wok's body as he stumbled around the room.

His body hit the ground with a lifeless thump. Himchan's jaw dropped as he turned to face Jin Ho. "Damn man, I barely had a chance to pull the trigger before you filled him with lead. But , I got to hand it to you, you saved her."

Jin Ho blinked, as if he didn't realize that he emptied his round into Sung Wok's body. Before he could apologize for the overkill, he could hear the group below coughing as the smoke cleared. He watched as Daehyun searched for Yongmi. Once he found his girlfriend, he brushed the hair out of her face and made sure she was okay.

"The kid cares more about his girlfriend that the girl he came here for." Himchan grumbled as he watched Eun Ah dust herself off and stand up.

Minseok, Tao and Yixing came in, the gun shots probably alerting them. Jongdae was probably getting the cars ready in case they needed a speedy escape, but the others didn't come empty handed. Minseok strolled in casually as he threw Kyung Wook's dead body over Sung Wok's, like he was a pile of hay.

"A little late boys." The elder mumbled under his breath.

Jin Ho didn't respond and just watched Eun Ah walk away from the crowd and survey the damage on her wrists. Her body looked weak and vulnerable as she hunched over. Everyone was checking on themselves and each other but no one had noticed her off on her own.

All but one.

Kris's eyes scanned the room before he saw Eun Ah's hunched figure. "Eun Ah!"

The three standing above watched in shock as Kris ran across the flat and spun Eun Ah around before crushing her in his embrace.

Even the members of EXO M and BAP watched, stunned, their eyes not moving off the pair. Luhan stared, his face emotionless before he slowly moved his gaze up to where Himchan and the others were.

His eyes clearly made out all three of their faces but he didn't react and focused on their expressions instead.

Eun Ah arms slowly moved up before they wrapped around Kris's torso.

Himchan sneered at the two of them before glancing at the pair across from him who were watching the scene with masked eyes. One of them looked over and met Himchan's eyes before snapping their head away.

"It's okay, she was just probably scared. She probably just needed someone. She would've hugged any one of them, if they had reached her first. It means nothing, her heart will always be Yongguk, no matter who comes and goes in her life." He said while watching the scene unfold below him.

The elder's words should've made him feel better but Jin Ho looked away, his heart weighed down in grief. He was unable to tear his eyes away from the scene. "But I'm not Yongguk."

The man sighed and glanced at Himchan who had yet to get a clear view of his face, before the two of them walked towards the car.

"No. No you're not."

-----

Eun Ah had her back towards the group as she prodded at the red, raw, bleeding skin on her wrist. Her heart was still pounding from the events that just transpired, but all she could register was the fact that she was okay.

She was safe.

She looked at the ring on her finger before tears started to well up. She really needed him right now.

She needed him to run at her breathlessly while saying her name like he thought he was never going to see her. She needed him to be fussing over whether she was hurt or injured, demanding that he take her to the hospital. She needed him to yell at her for being so reckless and thinking with her heart and not her head. She needed him to start blaming himself for letting her out of his sight just so that she could calm him down and tell him that he didn't do anything wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter