Chapter 14

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah groaned as she slowly opened her eyes. The back of her head was pounding as she tried to put everything together.

She was leaned against the window when she saw herself in the reflection of the glass. was taped shut and her hands were bound together.

Someone was in the car with her.

She sat up straight and looked around. She was sitting in the back of the car, thrown across the back seats. She looked forward but she couldn't see the person's face who was driving the car.  

Her head was throbbing from whatever clubbed the back of her head and her wrists were starting to chaff.

The whole situation almost made her laugh. Her life was so ed up that she wasn't even bothered that she was getting kidnapped for the fourth time.

Surprise. Surprise.

She didn't even waste time panicking. She had done it all before and quite frankly, she didn't even care.

It was all getting quite repetitive.

She didn't have Yongguk back at the house, waiting for her. She had no real reason to be scared for her life.

There was nothing that she was really looking forward to.

She looked around and noticed that the locks on the door were jammed with the piece of bent metal. The only way out would be through the front two door.

It was dark outside and it was almost impossible for her to see anything. They could be by the shoreline for all she knew.

She could see her purse on the passenger seat and the thought made her eyes light up in excitement, she didn't put her phone in her purse.

She left her it in her pocket.

Not wanting to alert the kidnapper that she woke up, Eun Ah slowly twisted her wrist so that she could pull out her cell phone. She put it between her legs and blocked the screen with her thighs to give her time to lower the brightness.

She didn't have time for a text, but if she could call someone and leave them on the line for long enough, she could get her kidnapper to say something that would alert them that something was wrong. She kept her eyes on the back of the driver's head as she mashed her finger on the screen, calling the most recent number.

She slipped her phone between her shoulder, behind her hair and leaned back against the window. From the side angle, she could tell that the person had pulled their black hood over their head and a black mask covering most of their face.  They were wearing black leather gloves and that was all Eun Ah could see.

She couldn't even tell what gender they were.

She frowned under the duct tape when the phone line kept ringing. She started pulling the phone away to see who she called when a voice cut through the silence.

"Hey, I'm not able to get to the phone right now so if you could leave your name and number I'll get back to you when I can."

Yongguk.

Eun Ah shakingly pulled the phone back and stared at the caller  I.D.

My Husband.

She suddenly felt as if the tape was shoved down .  

She wondered if this was her punishment for when she blamed him for Halmoni's accident. She always thought that he forgave her too quickly, she felt like she deserved something worse. She wanted him to yell at her or just break up with her but he forgave her on the spot. Maybe this was her long due punishment.

This was the scolding and heartbreak that she should've gotten 2 years ago.

He protected her. He always did, yet she still found a way to blame him for it. She really was the worst.

She deserved everything happening to her.

"No. Eun, I told you, when you punch you can't tuck you thumb into your fist. You might break your finger if you do that." Yongguk said as he fixed her fist.

Eun Ah groaned as she wiped her forehead with her free hand. "Why are we even doing this? We've been at this for a hour, can we stop?"

Yongguk knit his brow as he stared at his fiancée. "Princ--"

"Nope. Don't pull that princess line on me. This is all super unnecessary. Do you really need to teach me all this again? I mean, who am I even defending myself against?"

"Everyone." Yongguk shot back bluntly.

Eun Ah gave him a look and tried to walk away. They were currently sparring in their basement and she was positive that she couldn't feel a single muscle or bone in her body.

He wouldn't give her a break and kept going at it until she was barely able to stand up straight. She probably lost weight just from all the sweat that dripped off her body alone.

She wanted to strangle him, unfortunately he'd probably drop her on her before she'd even get the chance.

Yongguk pulled her back and cupped the back of her neck. "Look, I know you're tired, but I was being serious. Ryu is still out there and we don't know what he's planning. We can't stop."

Eun Ah sighed tiredly and put her hands on her hips, "I get that, but don't you think this is a bit much? He hasn't done anything for years."

"Himchan teaching you how to fight is what kept you alive when the Red Phoenix took you, I need to make sure that you know everything that you need to know if something like that happens again." Yongguk said softly.

Eun Ah's body slackened as she took a step closer to him, "I'll be fine, Yongguk. Nothing will happen to me and even if it does, I'll survive. You need to move on and stop worrying."

Yongguk's eye twitched. "I don't care. I will not let anything happen to you. Ryu will never get close enough to touch you again. He got lucky once, but it will never happen again."

"So why do I need to learn how to fight when I have you?" She asked cheekily, pulling his face closer to hers.  

"Eun, you need to brush up on your combat, either way." He said pleadingly.

"I'm a combat master. You can't brush up on perfection." Eun Ah said with a cocky smile as she bumped their foreheads together.

Yongguk blinked into her eyes before something changed in him, his voice darkening. "How about this? We go for one more round and if you beat me, I'll let you top in bed tonight. All. Night. Long."

Eun Ah's eyes widened with a furious blush on her face and lust curling in her stomach. Her smile slide off her face and her heart started beating irregularly. She sputtered incoherently while Yongguk's smirk grew wider and more teasing.

He never let her do that. The whole Alpha-leader complex thing meant that he was always the dominant one. She wasn't complaining but she had to admit that it crossed her mind if things…or people were flipped. She always wanted to try it. To have him at her mercy.

He really corrupted her innocent little mind.

"Do we have a deal?" He asked, his lips, torturously brushing hers.

Eun Ah narrowed her eyes in annoyance and grabbed a bottle of water off the bench. He was such a little and he knew it too.

"One more round."

Safe to say that Eun Ah had not fought as hard as she did that evening. She was pretty sure that she didn't even fight that hard when she got kidnapped.

And maybe Yongguk went easy on her on purpose or maybe she just had a sudden shot of adrenaline but that didn't change the result.

She totally won.

Eun Ah shook her head and tried to steady her grip on the phone while finding a more useful contact. She called Himchan, Daehyun and Yongmi but none of them picked up their phone. She was slowly going insane until she found one more.

Kris Wu.

Eun Ah swallowed, a little bit of drool getting on the tape. She didn't waste any more time and dialled his number, waiting for him to pick up.

She needed him to pick up.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

And just like the calls she made before this one also went unanswered.

. .

They all have nice phones too.

Why have a freaking $900 phone if you're not going to use it?

She was about to toss her phone away, all hope lost, when she saw one contact that she didn't remember putting in herself.

The y Bartender.

Minseok?

He must've put his number into her phone when she wasn't looking but she couldn't care less. She quickly dialled the number and pressed it to her ear, every ring was painful, she already knew that it too would be ignored but she had to try she ha--

"Hello? Doll?" Minseok's voice sudden spoke up.

Eun Ah sat up, startled. She didn't think he would actually pick up, she didn't think help would be so close. She was so surprised that it took her a second to just make sure he was really on the other line.

"Hellloooooooooooooooooooo?"

She always found Minseok to be a little annoying and slightly arrogant, but she had never felt more grateful to hear his voice then right that second.

She glanced at the driver, who was still preoccupied with driving before turning back to the phone. She knew that she couldn't actually make a sound without catching her kidnapper's attention, but she had to make the call sound distressful. Something that he wouldn't just brush off as a dial.

She pressed her phone close to her cheek and started breathing heavily into it through her nose. She tried to make her breaths sound laboure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter