Chapter 42

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah woke up lazily, stretching her arms over her with a little moan as she turned to her side. A beautiful pulse  strummed down her legs as the sun streaked across her face.

She kept her eyes closed as memories of the night before flashed behind her eyes. Moments of bated breathes, loving smiles and lust driven moves made her blush as she let the morning take over.

She cracked open her eye with a drowsy smile waiting to her love's face.

Her heart sank to her feet when she was greeted with emptiness.

Yongguk was gone.

She flattened her palm against the side of the bed he had occupied a few hours ago with his warmth but there was nothing there.

Her heart picked up speed as tightened the covers around her body.

"No. No. No. No." She chanted in hysteria as she stumbled out of bed. The sheets were tangled around her ankles, tripping her. She shot her arms out to brace her fall but the impact shot a burning fire through her wrists, up her arms.

Her eyes started to water as she forced herself up. She blindly grabbed her clothes that were tossed around the room before racing out the room.

She had to find him.

He couldn't do this to her again.

It was like her worst nightmare.

Tears started building in her eyes as she turned the corner in search for him when she slammed into a sturdy chest. A pair of warm arms caught her and cupped her cheek softly when a familiar scent wrapped around her.

"Woah, are you okay?" Yongguk asked as he tilted her face up.

His eyes widened when she stared back at him with shaky, tearful eyes.

"Oh my God." She whispered before wrapping her arms around him, holding him tightly as if she was worried he'd vanish.

Yongguk's face turned serious as he caressed the back of her head, pressing her face to his chest, "What's wrong?"

Eun Ah started to tremble, "I thought you were gone. I thought you left me again."

Yongguk could only stay silent as guilt consumed him. Holding, this broken woman, in his arms was the result of his doing. If he hadn't left her in the first place, she wouldn't have been breaking down in paranoia every time he left for a long period of time.

"Oh, love…I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Pl-please stop crying. I'm sorry." He kissed the side of her neck and buried his nose in her neck as he tightened his arms around her.

After the night he spent with her, he wouldn't leave if he had a gun trained to the back of his skull. He couldn't imagine any other woman, no matter how beautiful, that could unravel him the way she did. Just one touch from her or his name escaping her soft lips was enough to have him at her mercy.

She was like a ing hurricane.

And she always left him windblown.

He loved it.

"Where'd you go?" She mumbled into his neck.

Yongguk stiffened before he loosened his hold on her, letting her lean back. He looked off to the side, his face filled with confusion.

"I had to make a call."

Eun Ah knit her brows watching his expression. Yongguk making phone calls wasn't anything new, but the way his voice deepened told her that this wasn't the end.

"A call?"

Yongguk sighed and looked at her with tired eyes, "I'm meeting my dad."

Eun Ah gaped at him, her fingers digging into the back of his shirt. She didn't think he would actually do it.

He nodded and closed his eyes, "He's coming over soon. Too, you know, just talk."

"Why did you change your mind?"

Yongguk grimaced, "I don't know. I guess I'm just tired of hating him after 14 years, but I'm not ready to love him either. I just want to establish the neutral ground. And honestly, I'm mainly doing it because you asked me to. You know, give him a chance."

A smile curved up her lips as she stared at him, "Yeah?"

His hands slowly dropped down to her waist, pulling her closer, "Yeah, so I was wondering, if you would stay with me when he comes over."

Eun Ah smiled and brushed his lips with the tips of her fingers, chuckling when he bit one, "You don't have to ask."

-----

EXO M stood around Kris, who was on the couch with his head in his hands and tears streaking down his face. Yixing had his arm around the elder and the rest just passed each other worried look.

The rest except Luhan.

Luhan was leaning against the doorway, away from the others, watching the scene.

Alice disappeared.

Luhan wanted to laugh at the whole thing the minute Kris came racing into their rooms frantically.

Down the rabbit hole.

"You think Ryu took her? From right behind you? Who would try to break in when we all six of us were in the house at the same time?" Jongdae asked.

Kris shook his head in his palms, "Someone good. Ryu must've hired his best."

"Or he just hired someone off the street." Luhan snorted.

 Kris looked up, his eyes frozen as he glared at Luhan, "What the hell does that mean?"

"Nothing. But it's not like you put her under level 5 security or anything."

Kris's body started trembling, but Minseok stepped in, "Hey, now's not the time, guys. We need to figure out what to do. What's our next move?"

Luhan started to laugh, "How do you know she didn't just get up and walk out herself?"

Tao blinked at the elder, "Why on earth would she do that?"

"Maybe she found out that you sent her to her family's house knowing that Ryu would come after her. Maybe she found out you used her as bait."

Yixing leaned back, "You didn't tell her the truth?"

Kris shot Yixing a dirty look, taking the quiet boy back by surprise. "I don't need you guys telling me what to do. Now are you going to help me or not?"

"Well what are you going to do? How are we supposed to track Ryu down? And if we did, we can't just go bargaining in without a plan." Minseok said.

"I don't ing care. Trace the ing call . Then we take him down. I don't care if we have to burst in there, guns blazing,  We're getting her back."

"You can't do this yourself. If you're ego is so big that you think you can, you'll just be serving her up on a silver platter, again. Even with us, you know that we can't do this alone. The choice is yours. It's your pride or her because it's one or the other." Luhan spat out.

Minseok started nodding, "He's right, Kris. We going to need to ask for help."

Jongdae, Tao and Yixing held their breath as they watched Kris wipe his face before standing up to face Luhan.

"I can do this myself."

Luhan shook his head with a laugh before walking away.

"You never learn."

------

Eun Ah was going to lose all feeling in her right thigh.

Yongguk had his hand clamped over her upper thigh and every time his father spoke, he dug his fingers into her skin.

It wasn't that his dad was really saying anything bad, but Eun Ah figured that it was the mere fact that he was talking that was making Yongguk tense up.

It was like her thigh was his stress ball.  

It was in his instinct to snap at his father and it was taking everything in his  power to be amicable.

"So you 'passed away' on August 14th? 14 years ago? So, 2002? 140802…that was your laptop password."

Yongguk shot her a blithe look.

"I may have broke into your computer in attempts to track down Jin Ho." She said sheepishly, but Yongguk just shook his head.

"It was my fault for underestimating you, in the first place. Instead of mourning, you try to solve an identity theft crisis ."  

"I'm glad the two of you have worked things out." Soo Juk said genuinely as he placed his cup of tea down.

Yongguk cleared his throat and nodded before looking over at Eun Ah, "I lucked out."

His palm rubbed up and down her thigh affectionately. Soo Juk felt his heart soften at the sight. His son was in love with  his best friend's daughter.

What more could he ask for?

His own daughter was in love with a nice, responsible, protective boy that his son trusted to the fullest.

He kids grew up well.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Eun Ah. We just wanted to do what was best for you."

Eun Ah winced when Yongguk's nails dug into her thigh on accident, but when he heard the sound escape her lips, he shot her a sheepish smile and eased up.

"I can't really say 'oh, it's okay!' because it's really not. You guys are really ed up for doing that too me, but I guess, in a way, I understand and I accept your apology." Eun Ah said brightly.

Soo Juk couldn't help but laugh, "You're father used to say that all the time. He'd tell me and my wife to never say 'it's okay' or 'it's fine,' in response to someone apologizing becau--"

"Because i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter