Chapter 2

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah walked into her house after Himchan and Yongmi. Everyone else went back to their places to grab some clothes before meeting back at the house.

They were all going to stay over at the house tonight. She knew that they were really doing it for her.

Everyone else was living with someone.

Junhong and Jongup.

Daehyun and Yongmi.

Yongjae and an intern.

Himchan and another detective.

Eun Ah would be the only one sleeping in an empty house, so she that they were doing her a favour by all staying over that night.

And even though she didn't show it, she was grateful.

She didn't think she could be here, alone.

She kicked off her shoes and numbly moved towards the stairs, her expression blank. She hadn't spoken a word since she left the hospital and she was planning on keeping it that way.

"What's in your hand?" Himchan asked softly when he saw her walk straight past him. Eun Ah cringed at his tone, but didn't show it.

He spoke to her like a child. She could see him putting his kiddy gloves on, handling her like an infant that might throw a tantrum at an moment.

She looked down at her hands and stared at the black blazer. She had woken up next to Yongguk's casket with it balled up under her head. She didn’t know who it belonged to, since it seemed too big. She figured she'd hold on to it until someone came by, asking for their coat.

She kept her back facing Himchan and shrugged before walking up the stairs, to their room.  She glanced over at his study and turned away.

One thing at a time.

She stood at the door and stared at the silver BYG hanging in the center. He had tried to take it down, since he claimed it was now their room, but she didn't let him.

She told him that it made her feel like she was in high school, sneaking into her boyfriend's room.

She told him that they could take it off after they got married.

Her hand was trembling as she gripped the knob.  She twisted it half way before stopping and leaning her head against the door.

She let out small quick breaths as tears started to build up. The minute she walked in there, she would be destroyed.

She knew it.

That whole room was filled with memories reminding her of how good she once had it. How happy she was.

Which meant it would also be filled with memories of how horrible her life was going to be now.

She sniffled a few times before slowly opening the door, letting herself in. She quickly closed the door and stared at the dark room.

It smelled exactly like him.

It smelled like he was standing in the room with her.

She threw the blazer onto a chair and leaned her head back.

She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent in the air. She shivered and felt tears line her eyes. This room was filled of the most intimate, cherished moments of her and Yongguk.

She let out loud, pained sobs, but it didn't stop her from walking to the closet. She undid her hanbok and let it fall in a pile on the ground, at her ankles.

She stood in her bra and underwear and stared at the open closet. She reached for her shirt until her eyes caught sight of his clothes, neatly hung right next to hers.

It was as if he was going to walk up behind her and wrap his arms around her bare waist and kiss her head before making some y comment about her not wearing any clothes.

Or maybe she was waiting for him to walk beside her and grab a shirt before putting it on or throwing it over for her to wear.

She rubbed her eyes angrily when the numbness in her heart creeped up making it hard to breath.

It was like she was suffocating.

She ran her fingers by his clothes, feeling the soft fabric before her fingers found his sweater that he'd lend her.

The one that she basically declared as her own.

"Yongguk." She cried before pulling it off the hanger. She didn't hesitate before pulling it over her frame.

She brought the sleeves up to her nose and frowned when the scent wasn't strong enough. She had worn the sweater so many times that her scent was overpowering his.

Her eyebrow twitched and she stormed into the bathroom. She opened the cabinet and shuffled around until she found his expensive bottle of cologne and sprayed it on herself. When his scent filled the room, the bottle fell out of her hand and onto the floor.

She felt nauseous.

It was taunting her, reminding her that his cologne was the closest she'd ever get to him. It only took a few seconds before she was ripped out of her fantasy. She felt herself get sick and threw up in the toilet before holding herself up on the sink, washing out.

She looked up and felt herself just grow more sick.

She was surrounded by him.

But she didn't want memories. She wanted the real thing.

She wanted Yongguk beside her, sitting on the counter, watching her do her makeup when he was waiting for her to go out on a date. How he'd try to make her laugh so she'd mess up, even if it meant waiting longer for her to fix it.

Or how he'd lift her up and place her on the counter and let her shave his face. She'd put shaving cream all over his chin, but right before she brought the razor up, he'd kiss her. Not to be romantic. He'd do it to get shaving cream all over her face. She would squeal and push him away before concentrating on shaving him.

And that would never happen again.

There it was.

His toothbrush that would never be used.

His shampoo would still be in their shower.

His razor still in the medicine cabinet.

She couldn't take seeing anymore

She slammed the lights off and limped over to their bed.

Their bed.

Oh God.

She closed her eyes tightly and slid into her side of their bed and curled onto a ball. She stared at the framed picture of the two of them that sat on the bedside table, their smiles lighting up the whole picture. It was split into four different ones.

One of them kissing.

One of them smiling.

One of her loosing balance on the chair.

One of him leaned over, laughing, with her out of the frame, on the ground.

She placed the picture faced down and turn away.

She hugged his sweater to her body, but she knew that she could never replace the warmth that only he could emit.

That didn't stop her from imagining that it was him that was wrapped around her and not just pieces of cloth.

She grabbed his pillow and hugged it to her chest, her tears resurfacing in hiccups. She buried her face in it and shivered when it lacked his heat. She was probably never going to go to sleep, in fear of waking up alone. Waking up to an empty bed something she was not used to because even if he woke up before her, he'd always stay in bed until she did.

Now he'd be gone and she'd be force to wake up alone, to an empty space.

Waking up without his hands on her.

Waking up without his face in her neck.

Waking up without their limbs tangled with each other.

Waking up without his body heat.

Waking up without him.

It'd be damn near impossible.

-----

"Yongmi?" Daehyun poked his head into her room and saw his girlfriend sitting on the edge of her bed, with her head hung low.

He walked in and tossed his bag on her floor before collecting her into his arms. He rubbed her back soothingly and kissed her head. Yongmi didn't move, but she let herself lean into his chest.

He felt his heart pinch when she sniffled and gripped her closer. That was the only thing he could do for her.

Be by her side and never leave her.

"You need to trust me Yongmi,. Everything is going to be okay. Just trust me. You'll be alright. Look at me." 

Yongmi trailer her eyes up and he leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

"You'll be okay. You're strong. I believe in you. You'll be okay. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter