Chapter 35

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk did not want to go to the EXO M house.

He didn't want to see Kris.

But when Eun Ah asked if he wanted to go with her, there was no doubt in his mind that he was going to say yes.

He was prepared to take any and every chance he could get to be with her.

And if that meant watching her talk and be comfortable with a man that wasn't him, he would do it.

Even if it meant that he'd had to suppress the urge to rip out Kris's throat with his bare hands.

The drive to the house was silent, but it wasn't awkward.

There was a sense of wonder in both of their bodies as they sat beside each other, Yongguk at the wheel. To Eun Ah, she didn't think that she'd ever be in this position again. She didn't think that there would ever be a time again where Yongguk would be driving her somewhere, his scent filling up her car.

To Yongguk, he didn't think this time would ever come. It felt like his decisions were pulling him further and further away from her and that coming home seemed like something that wasn't going to happen in a long time.

But now, they were both basking in the unbelievable truth that they could finally be with one another.

Eun Ah had to admit that the familiarity was unnerving.

After spending so much time believing that he was really gone she still couldn't believe that the man she was in love with and had thought she lost, was sitting beside her, like nothing bad ever happened.

It was both heart-wrenching and beautiful.

"So do they all know?" Eun Ah asked softly as they neared EXO M's house.

"Just Luhan, but when you drunk at Exotic, Minseok ended up finding out, too."

Eun Ah jerked in her seat and pointed her finger at him, "I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT WAS YOU!"

Yongguk jumped in his seat at her voice before a small smile curved up his lips. Something about the way she spoke brightly and loudly reminded him of his past with her.

It reminded him of the way she used to be, before he broke her.

"He called Himchan first, but Himchan called me instead saying that since it was my fault, I had to go clean up the mess."

Eun Ah pouted to herself and crossed her arms, "I'm a mess?"

"You're my mess." Yongguk's deep voice bounced off the windows and riveted through her skin. Eun Ah gulped and felt pleasurable butterflies swirl in her stomach as she bit down on her bottom lip.

God, he still had that effect on her and he was still the same man who would bear his heart on his sleeve for the world, and more importantly for her, to see.

Yongguk kept his eyes straight forward as he started to speak, "When Himchan first call me about you, I was mad. I was mad that you weren't being responsible and that you were being so reckless that you were getting drunk. I was mad that I had to go pick you up and make sure nothing happened to you. I was worried about being out in the public after supposed to being dead."

He glanced at her through the side of his eyes before looking out at the road again. "And then I saw you."

"What did you see?" She mumbled to him.

Yongguk gripped the steering wheel, his heart skipping at the memory, "I saw the woman that I love, broken, because she fell in love with an idiot. I know it sounds stupid, but you looked so ing beautiful. Maybe it was because I hadn't seen you in so long or maybe you just looked so heartbroken, but when I saw you, every just went away. I just wanted to have you all to myself, again.  Sure, I was mad Minseok let you get so drunk, but I was so happy to see you that I felt drunk."

The butterflies just got worse as she spun her ring around her finger. "I said your name."

Yongguk groaned quietly, "I know. It was the worst. To know that even when you were black out drunk that you could still recognize me, blew my mind. You don't know how badly I wanted to just kiss you."

Eun Ah her lips, her eyes trailing down the side of her face. Her breath stuttered and her cheeks blushed when she looked down and saw his ring snugly fit around his finger after hanging around his neck for so long.

It was like they were really married.  

She hated how she couldn't stay mad at him and even though she still felt nervous to trust him, that giddy love was still burning in her soul.

"Why didn't you?" She asked.

"You don't know how hard I had to try not to. I just didn't want to risk waking you up and have you see me." He said as he pulled to a red light. He looked over at her and the minute their eyes locked, tears started welling in hers.

Every time.

Every time he looked at her, she'd feel like crying. He was so beautiful and so warm. Her heart felt like it was swooning and the look in his eyes, although a little foreign, was so soft and so loving that it weakened her.

Yongguk's eyes widened when tears dripped down her face. He quickly reached out and wiped her tears with his thumb, his voice cracking,

"Oh no, no, no, baby, don't cry. Why are you crying?"

Eun Ah shook her head and used her sleeves to wipe her tears.  "I just missed you."

Yongguk's heart both swelled and deflated, if it was possible. Her sweet voice telling him that she missed him used to be something that would make him coo and smile, but now it just made him feel like a piece of ,

A man who couldn't keep his woman happy.

The woman he loved.

"I'll do everything to make up for those day that you missed me, the days I let you down and everything I did to hurt you."

Eun Ah swallowed as his hand dropped away and looked up at him with scared eyes.

He was gone for a long time.

"Yongguk, do you still love me?" Her voice quivered.

Say yes.

Oh god, please say yes.

If he could kiss her, touch her, hold her or make love to her, she'd have her answer in a heartbeat, but all Yongguk could do was stare at her until his gaze made her soul shiver and speak with the utmost honesty he could muster up.

"Hwang Eun Ah, I still love you with every cell in my body and I will never, ever stop.  You can doubt everything there is about me, but I will never let you doubt how much I love you. You did this to me. You had me falling for you with everything you did and everything you said, I am yours."

Eun Ah's body started to shake as the light turned green as she nodded, "Okay."

------

"Kris might know?" Eun Ah asked incredulously as her and Yongguk walked up to the door.

Yongguk shrugged as they stood on the porch, "Luhan said that there is no way that Kris did the background on Jin Ho and didn't find a connection to be, especially since he went to Woon."

"So, what? He saw the picture of you as Jin Ho and just figured that the most logically answer is that you faked your death?" She asked.

Yongguk pressed the doorbell twice and put his hands in his pockets. "When you do the work we do, these sort of things aren't much of a stretch."

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"My bet is that he just wanted to sit on it for a while. He probably knew what it would do to you. Maybe he wanted to be there for you and help you move on before you found out the truth." He said through his gritted teeth.

Eun Ah ignored Yongguk's implication and stiffened when she heard footsteps speeding towards the door. She reached over and lightly tugged on Yongguk's sleeve.

He looked down at her and raised his brows at the worried look on her face. "Yongguk, when we go in there…don't leave my side, please."

Yongguk felt his heart melt and gently reached out to her eyebrow. He was careful with how he touched her. He didn't do it often, because he was trying to restrain himself, but when he did, he'd only touch her cheek, hair or eyebrow.

He didn't want to push her or make her feel uncomfortable.

"I'll be right here, Hwang. I'm not going anywhere. I promise." He said comfortingly.

Eun Ah gulped and looked at him, untrustingly, "You promise?"

"I--"

The door swung open and a raven haired boy with sharp eyes gaped at the man in front of him.

"W-W-h--"

"Hey, Tao."

"What. The. . How--What--Who--When--What is happening? WHY IS EVERYONE COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD?! WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY?!" He shrieked, jumping up and down.

Yongguk chuckled as he walked in with Eun Ah, "Why? Who else is coming back to life?"

"Al--" Tao frowned and looked at Eun Ah, "You didn't tell him?"

"Tell him wh--" Eun Ah's eyes widened, "Oh my god, I forgot. So much happened…I-It slipped my mind."

Yongguk furrowed his brows, "What are you guys talking about?"

Tao grinned and jumped on the balls of his feet, "Alice is b--"

"Taozi? Who's at the door?"

Yongguk looked up at the direction of the voice and his eyes widened at the sight in front of him. "What the hell?"

Alice stepped up peering at Yongguk and Eun Ah in curiosity before her face brightened up, "Oh! I know you! You're Yongguk right? Yifan told me about you." She turned and faced Eun Ah, "And you’re his wife right? I ran into you the other day when I saw Yifan."

Eun Ah smiled stiffly and nodded but Yongguk was too distracted to say anything. He had only met Alice a few times in the past but seeing her now, she did look exactly like how he remembered, albeit a lot older.

He blinked at her, feeling something not sit well with him.

She felt familiar, but it wasn't because she was Kris's girlfriend from 10 years ago. She felt more familiar than that but he couldn't place a finger on it.

"Oh." A soft voice called out.

Everyone looked up and saw the rest of EXO M, excluding Luhan stand on the stairs staring at Yongguk. Yixing was the first one of burst into a smile and jog over to the older male. Minseok just had a knowing smile as Jongdae followed him.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to go down without a fight." Jongdae said with a chuckle.

Yongguk smiled lightly and talked to them while Eun Ah's eyes landed on Kris who just walked up behind Alice. He didn't looked bothered or surprised that one of his greatest allies was alive after being 'dead' for so long.

He really did know.

He looked over at Eun Ah and the two of them shared a look. He looked different. His face seemed brighter and fuller. His eyes didn't seem as lifeless, but there was something in the deep creases of his face that made Eun Ah wince.

Kris smiled at her but it only made Eun Ah's heart sink.

It didn't feel right.

Her eyes flickered to Alice who was just boring into her without a trace of a smile on her face.

"You must be thrilled." Kris said quietly so that only her and Alice could hear.

Eun Ah gave him a grim smile but kept her eyes on Alice, "I know. Who would've thought that both of us would've had someone resurrected."

"Kris."

Everyone looked towards Yongguk who was staring at him. His eyes flickered to Eun Ah before he continued to stare the Chinese leader down.

"Let's talk."

-----

Eun Ah cautiously walked up the stairs towards one of the bedrooms.

"Luhan?" Alice asked, cocking her head.

"Yeah, where is he?" Eun Ah inquired.

Alice shrugged nonchalantly and nodded at the stairs. "He should be in his room, but I have no clue if he's still there."

Eun Ah froze mid-step and frowned, "You have no clue where he is?"

Alice shrugged again and started to walk away, "Why should I care? It's non

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter